Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Did you all use paypal/login before they went live? If you don't you need to. Paypal will have everything auto filled for you so you just need to click through the payment screens.
Yes. Literally 15 seconds from adding to final submit where it cancelled.

Added 1 game and immediately checked out. I was already logged into LRG and Paypal. it said I was standing in line.

Why wait in a queue or a "line" if it doesn't actually do anything to save your spot?

It sounds like paypal is NOT faster for checking out. 

I was able to grab both versions of Wonder Boy, pay with credit card, and still had a whole minute leftover to refresh and watch the inventory drop to 0. Also had a brief "waiting in line" when going through the checkout.

Did you all use paypal/login before they went live? If you don't you need to. Paypal will have everything auto filled for you so you just need to click through the payment screens.
I always do this, but is there a way to save your phone number in paypal? I have to manually enter it every time I order from LRG.

Yeah, I very much miss how once you had an item in your cart, you had a specific amount of time to check out. Why they removed that, just for a more accurate inventory count, I can say I don't really understand.

Got my copy of Wonder Boy. Learned my lesson last week with Oceanhorn and set my phone alarm to go off this week. I think Lili is the next game on my list now.

Added 1 game and immediately checked out. I was already logged into LRG and Paypal. it said I was standing in line.

Why wait in a queue or a "line" if it doesn't actually do anything to save your spot?
You do realize how a line works right? Usually it means there are people ahead of you.

Or they don't want to pay $140 for a game they don't want?
So it seems as LRG is offering less stand alone bundles of Wonderboy and making people buy both. At least that would explain why the stand alone sold out so fast. After Night Trap I'm pretty much done with these guys as well. They are starting to get too big and are doing iffy practices (fan boys can blast me all you want for saying this, but it's true).

Last edited by a moderator:
that is some BS tactics.. do the singles, not mention ahead of time about bundles, wait til everything so out then silently adds the bundles with a a lame FPS shooter no one cares about afterwards.

Those who had to enter your phone number- did you click the "remember my info" button? I saw that and noticed I had to input my number so I just unchecked it.

When they went live this morning like others said there was lag in between the CE going live so I added the regular edition, then went back, added the CE, and checked out through paypal.

I had no problem using paypal to get my CE and standard. Just logged into LRG and paypal ahead of time and it went very smoothly. It's really unfortunate so many people had issues today.

Yeah, I very much miss how once you had an item in your cart, you had a specific amount of time to check out. Why they removed that, just for a more accurate inventory count, I can say I don't really understand.
I believe Doug mentioned that this was something that Shopify did and not something they had control over. I could be remembering it wrong though

I believe Doug mentioned that this was something that Shopify did and not something they had control over. I could be remembering it wrong though
Yeah, it was mentioned before that shopify no longer holds a place in line, but you're still in a queue so their servers don't die.

you mean $70?
No, I believe the price of the bundle is $140. It's an extra $70, but if people want the one game they actually want they're being forced to pay $140. Very customer unfriendly. I'm sure this will be denied to the moon and back, but there's a reason so many CE copies of Wonder Boy were held back

Man I hope I can get my hands on WonderBoy at 6PM. I've never had issues with LRG until today, sucks that the check out process took so long and that having the game in your cart means nothing to hold it for you. I feel like I was just at a brick and mortar store in line and someone ran by and snagged the product out of my hand while I was getting my wallet out!

What bothers me is I had both of the Collector's Editions in my cart, then AFTER I place the order they add the bundle. I usually don't get annoyed with these things but, if a bundle was gonna happen to start with, I don't understand why it wasn't posted at the very start.

that is some BS tactics.. do the singles, not mention ahead of time about bundles, wait til everything so out then silently adds the bundles with a a lame FPS shooter no one cares about afterwards.
Yeah. Good way to clear the shelves.

There was no mention at all of these bundles prior to 10am.  They knew people didn't care about Lawbreakers - heck they even removed the numbering from Lawbreakers.  Yet they sill force people to buy a copy of Lawbreakers just to get what they really wanted (Wonderboy).  Really shitty tactic.

Wow... did not think it would sell out that fast.

The only thing I noticed when the games usually went live within 2-3 seconds of my phone's clock but this time, it looked like it took 15 seconds after my phone said it was 10 AM EST. And when I went to check out, I was "waiting in line" for almost a minute before I got through.

Was this announced before? Kinda think this is a bad idea- clearly Lawbreakers was not the hot item today and seeing how quickly the WB games sold out, taking away standalone copies to be sold in a bundle is a very... Gamestop-esque move, especially since this went up afterwards it seems. People are gonna look at their options to try again during the evening batch or fork up more now and deal with the extra that they might not be interested in.

What bothers me is I had both of the Collector's Editions in my cart, then AFTER I place the order they add the bundle. I usually don't get annoyed with these things but, if a bundle was gonna happen to start with, I don't understand why it wasn't posted at the very start.
@LimitedRunGames posted on Twitter:

"We were working on the listing for the bundle already before the sale went live."

"Didn't realize it was already 10, so had to launch the bundle pages after the fact."

This would explain why everything didn't even go live at exactly 10AM - was a little bit after.

Yeah same, I was refreshing as the countdown read 00:00:00 for a while, but I figured it was that way for everyone. Guess not.

I also got that "high traffic" garbage. I kinda think it should be like Amazon's lightning deals, where once you've got it in your cart, you have a few minutes where it can't be yanked by someone else.
I got the 00:00:00 for like 10-15 seconds then I could put it in the cart. I was already logged into paypal and it said I had a spot in line and had to wait a bit. But I was able to get a copy of Wonderboy.

Is anyone around here familiar with Mondo? For those who don't know, they're a company who sells limited run movie posters. They have much smaller runs and have a MUCH larger fan base than LRG. Every time they have a release, they sell out in seconds (if that). Getting a poster at this point is mainly luck.

Going from Mondo to LRG is a cake walk. There are so many tricks you can use to check out in seconds (without programming or bots). LRG selling out in a couple of minutes is a life time compared to Mondo.

bread's done
Back