Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I'm ready to watch the 6:00 madness ensue

MrW5mUX.gif
LastingQuestionableCamel-size_restricted.gif

attachicon.gif
zip.jpg

Closing in on "Chris" aka [font='Helvetica neue', Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]chrisz300zx.[/size][/font]

He ships out of the 90012 area code in Los Angeles, CA.

In tracking him down, I would start with asian sounding names, due to the proximity of China town, and that he sells Honda parts.

LRG needs to ban him, he flipped 3 Wonder Boy CE for 600 dollars !!!! and at least 5 Wonder Boy regular editions. I can't imagine going through shipments to 90012 would be too complicated.

In any case, the noose it tightening around "Chris". I will find him, but it's going to take me longer then LRG since I don't have their info.
What a creepy ass dude you are. How the hell is that allowed by this site? A normal site would ban you for trying to look up people's info.

I'm on Chris's side atleast he's not a weirdo.

In for a Lawbreakers + Night Trap CE bundle next week ;)
I hope I get a Lawbreakers CE in the blind boxes.

What a creepy ass dude you are. How the hell is that allowed by this site? A normal site would ban you for trying to look up people's info.

I'm on Chris's side atleast he's not a weirdo.
He posted a zip code and a screen cap... which also shows the weather is much nicer than it is in Chicago today (65F). I also doubt he was all that serious... or maybe he's just really dumb. Relax.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope I get a Lawbreakers CE in the blind boxes.

He posted a zip code and a screen cap... which also shows the weather is much nicer than it is in Chicago today (65F). I also doubt he was all that serious... or maybe he's just really dumb. Relax.
Nah man you don't joke about stuff like that to many crazy people out there.

This isn't the first time I wasn't able to get an Limited Run game I wanted, but it is the first time I feel ripped off that I couldn't get it.

I mean, bundling it with a game that NO ONE wants, and pretending it was actually to HELP us!

You guys wanted to do a bundle people wanted? 1 regular and 1 Collectors Edition bundle. THAT was what we wanted.

I'm interested in what Doom has to say when he gets in here.
It helped me since that was the only way I could get it and I'm going sell the digital code.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I wish I could cancel just Lawbreakers CE from my "bundle". I don't want that online turd, but was forced to buy it just to get WB CE after the non-bundled listing was yanked from my cart while checking out as fast as possible as soon as things went live (even when pre logging into PayPal).

With regard to LB, even if the morning batch sold out for both versions and the inventory % is specific to just the afternoon batch there are still 500+ standard versions and 600+ CE versions unsold. I know what everyone is getting in their blind box this year.

Maybe they can dig some space in the desert next to those E.T. games...

I'm not sure why you guys don't see the value in lawbreakers. The box is totally rad and it's part of the reason it costs more. I plan on throwing everything out and framing the box

If you don't like something you shouldn't spend a month kissing its ass. But damn we get a nice box.

"Law breakers is great"
"It may be my new favorite game"
"It's pretty much overwatch without the deep characters."

This feedback sure does look like the stuff you'd say about a game you'd want.

The amount of butthurt in here is hysterical. People need to learn to take it easy.

They already said they will make some available for purchase tomorrow, not a whole lot I know, but if they're going through the trouble of cancelling orders of those who've exceeded the limit, guess who are the ones with the best chance to grab one tomorrow. If you couldn't figure that out and and just want a reason to whine, you might want to consider seeing a professional.

If you get it, you get it, if not then just learn to deal with it. It's not the end of the fucking world.

One of my local shops actually carries LRG titles at a small markup ($10 more than on the LRG site) and they have a deal with LRG to do so since LRG is only like 3 hours away from here.  I'm hoping that I get the call for Night Trap from them instead of fighting on the website for a copy. 

We're down to under 500 standard edition LawBreakers available and 300 Collector's Editions. It's on track to be out of stock by Sunday or early Monday morning.

Canceled Wonder Boy inventory is going up some time tonight.

I don't think some people can be pleased with anything. OMG, the game sold out in 3 minutes, not enough copies! OMG, the game is still available the next day, too many copies!

Glad I was able to pick up a CE of both Lawbreakers and Wonder Boy during the morning yesterday. They look like really nice editions and didn't want to miss them.

Wonder Boy standard edition sold out in about 2 minutes in the evening batch. I was able to get one because I was signed in and ready after getting up too late for the morning batch.

It seems like demand wasn't well anticipated for this game, based on the speed that it sold out in both batches. They could probably have made 7500 standard edition versions, or even more. I hope they make bigger numbers of Ys Origin and S&S, these games will be in high demand as well.

Missed the madness, but how is it ethical to be able to pull copies out of people's carts when they're just trying to fill out billing info? This is VERY anti-consumer and just flat out being a dick. Why is this practice even allowed?

"You didn't type fast enough. This copy is going to a scalper. fuck you."

-LRG

Missed the madness, but how is it ethical to be able to pull copies out of people's carts when they're just trying to fill out billing info? This is VERY anti-consumer and just flat out being a dick. Why is this practice even allowed?

-LRG
This might be the dumbest thing posted yet.

-LRG
Their check out system used to give you time for the process, once the items where in your cart, and it worked rather well IMO. It has been explained by others here, that the system was changed, and it no longer allows for that feature.

So I guess until LRG moves to a different system, or comes up with one on their own, this will continue to be the case. Most online retailers I've dealt with, all operate pretty much the same way, and while I've only missed out at LRG once, when a busy item happens at other online retailers, I don't even get as far, as the systems crash, or won't even allow for items to be added.

So yes, this may be far from perfect, but I've had more success here monthly, than I've ever had elsewhere, for similar in demand items.

-LRG
Can't tell if serious or not. What is unethical and anti-consumer about letting people who check out faster than others get the games they want? That makes no sense. It would actually be favoring scalpers more if games were guaranteed to those who got them in their cart the fastest as opposed to who checked out the fastest. Get multiple accounts, have high speed connection, get logged in on multiple devices, put items in carts on said high speed connection, have plenty of time to check out with guaranteed items in cart, profit. For people with slower speed connections the current model at least gives them somewhat of a chance since they can make up some time by checking out faster. The checkout system is fine. The main issue is the under-production of certain titles. When games are selling out in under a couple minutes then obviously there were not enough games made. I have a feeling the collector's editions of Ys are going to be even harder to get than the Wonderboy CE (unless LRG are making an absolute crap ton of Ys CEs). Night Trap could be more tough to get as well.

Nah. If they put the item in the cart first it should be reserved until the process is complete. If I'm understanding how this is working and your excuse is "check out faster" the response is "add to cart faster;" especially when most of us want multiple titles and one shipping fee.

Lots of us also must use mobile to get a shot- personally I work 6 days 7am-630 pm and am not off on fridays ever. The old system was cool because I was able to get what I wanted if I logged in on time and had PayPal up etc. The last two releases I've had four items taken from my cart after PayPal etc. Feels shitty but definitely explains why it seems harder to score games now.

Seems perhaps exploitable. If people checkout violating order limits you can check quantities against shipping address, etc. But if someone made a network of fake accounts and just adding to cart locked out quantities you could roll stock lock ups with lots of fake accounts.

It's a nice idea, but I think giving any power to controlling availability (if even for a short amount of time) to accounts that aren't yet confirmed buyers for the product seems like it could eventually be risky.

463.jpg

-LRG
youre_serious_futurama.gif

Seems perhaps exploitable. If people checkout violating order limits you can check quantities against shipping address, etc. But if someone made a network of fake accounts and just adding to cart locked out quantities you could roll stock lock ups with lots of fake accounts.

It's a nice idea, but I think giving any power to controlling availability (if even for a short amount of time) to accounts that aren't yet confirmed buyers for the product seems like it could eventually be risky.

463.jpg
Maybe this exploitation is why they changed the system. That would make it their problem and not ours. Put a system in place that prevents exploitation as far as is possible and at the least stop changing it.

I'm one who thinks that for highly anticipated titles, make a high print run and limit 1 per customer. I believe at 10,000 copies of Wonderboy standard and 7500 CEs, they still would have sold out. Might have taken a day or so but this takes the money away from the resellers as collectors would been able to get their copies easier and that alone keep resale prices down. I understand that LRG doesn't want to sit on copies but some of these games have a cult following and will definitely sell out as collectors want them and nostalgia gamers would also. Having inventory left over isn't always a bad thing as later down the line relist them, and newer LRG collectors or people who missed the first time for lack of knowledge of them being released would buy them. Also if LRG has a drought on titles at some point, relisting old inventory can help fill a void.

If you really wanted to find where Chris lives, couldn't you just order an item from him and see the return address?
I believe LRG already did that, and it didn't match any of the addresses they have on file. Also some one could use a PO box, and that can be any name you want, so long as the fee is paid on the box. Still, not really a good way to find someone who doesn't want to be found.

As I've stated before, "Chris" is winning this game of wits, so all here should stop and get on to more important things. A guy selling a few extra copies(which no one knows for sure he is getting by illegal means), is not really a big deal, so why all the effort?

If anyone has that type of free time, I would personally suggest they go and donate their time and effort at a food bank, or homeless shelter, and then you'll see what real world problems are. "Chris" selling a few games on Ebay is not a problem, unless someone chooses to make it one.

Maybe this exploitation is why they changed the system. That would make it their problem and not ours. Put a system in place that prevents exploitation as far as is possible and at the least stop changing it.
To be fair, it's actually our problem since they're still selling out anyways, so not like it's impacting their bottom line, lol.

The only downside is that we can't solve this problem since we have no control over a solution other than pitchfork and torches.

Luckily, they've only changed the system once, so this new not held during checkout everyone should be used to by now.

To be fair, it's actually our problem since they're still selling out anyways, so not like it's impacting their bottom line, lol.

The only downside is that we can't solve this problem since we have no control over a solution other than pitchfork and torches.

Luckily, they've only changed the system once, so this new not held during checkout everyone should be used to by now.
What I meant was if their system is exploitable and they did that to fix it, great. If not their system being exploitable should not be a cause to make it harder for users with slower devices to score. The base problem is theirs- they're passing it on by making things harder for "scalpers" at the expense of regulars. You're right, doesn't matter they can sell through them pretty fast either way- looks better on them with the 2 minute sell outs.

What I meant was if their system is exploitable and they did that to fix it, great. If not their system being exploitable should not be a cause to make it harder for users with slower devices to score. The base problem is theirs- they're passing it on by making things harder for "scalpers" at the expense of regulars. You're right, doesn't matter they can sell through them pretty fast either way- looks better on them with the 2 minute sell outs.
Wouldn't it be harder to score anything limited with a slow device?

To be honest, I would like to meet Chris now. He's becoming a legend here in this thread. He gets multiple copies of every game LRG puts up for sale and has them listed on eBay immediately. I would like to know his secret as it is becoming harder and harder to get releases for a lot of us but he has no problem getting not only one, but multiples. He's infamous to some here as he's looked at like a theif in the night who can't be found and his listings on eBay breaks hearts and shatters dreams.

I should expect so- but it's now much more difficult to almost not possible in the mornings to get some titles and a dice roll in the evening.

Im sure we'd all like to in front of a cutting edge rig for these releases.

To be honest, I would like to meet Chris now. He's becoming a legend here in this thread. He gets multiple copies of every game LRG puts up for sale and has them listed on eBay immediately. I would like to know his secret as it is becoming harder and harder to get releases for a lot of us but he has no problem getting not only one, but multiples. He's infamous to some here as he's looked at like a theif in the night who can't be found and his listings on eBay breaks hearts and shatters dreams.
And all that being said we should have a limited number of culprits in mind- right?

He's either Jesus or he's The Devil.

You could message him on Ebay and ask him directly. Maybe he answers, maybe he doesn't, but no harm in trying right?

For as many people here each week asking these deep and complex questions of the community, has anyone actually tried to contact the source directly, and just ask a question?

I like Shopify, don't get me wrong, but gotta consider too that there are other products using it, as such there are alot of checkout bots designed around shopify unfortunately, and I don't doubt that at this point people are using them for LRG

I believe LRG already did that, and it didn't match any of the addresses they have on file. Also some one could use a PO box, and that can be any name you want, so long as the fee is paid on the box. Still, not really a good way to find someone who doesn't want to be found.

As I've stated before, "Chris" is winning this game of wits, so all here should stop and get on to more important things. A guy selling a few extra copies(which no one knows for sure he is getting by illegal means), is not really a big deal, so why all the effort?

If anyone has that type of free time, I would personally suggest they go and donate their time and effort at a food bank, or homeless shelter, and then you'll see what real world problems are. "Chris" selling a few games on Ebay is not a problem, unless someone chooses to make it one.
YOUR name is CHRIS!!!! Dun dun dun. Exactly what I'd expect a chris to say. My friend and I had another friend named chris. He was a chode. So whenever one of us is being lame we tell each other, "your being hella chris right now." But yeah... back to your regular programming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you really wanted to find where Chris lives, couldn't you just order an item from him and see the return address?
That is being done right now, but not for that reason. He's likely using fake return address, but since he uses ebay label's the tracking info shows the point of origin for shipping the item is the zip code 90012 area code in Los Angeles, CA.

If LRG cancelled his 7 copies of WONDER BOY then that will potentially ban him from Ebay, since Ebay allows a very small amount of cancellations on their sellers account. 7 cancellations will put his account in jeopardy.

Still working on this, potential leads so far :

chrisz_steph

Chrisz Arriaga

Instagram : @7thgencivicrewrd

Did anyone ever stop to consider that he might be just be using a friend or family member's info to order? If he is, then he's not technically breaking any of the rules. Furthermore, I somehow doubt his couple of additional copies are truly keeping any of you from getting one. Put this effort into getting faster at ordering on release day.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S using Tapatalk

Furthermore, I somehow doubt his couple of additional copies are truly keeping any of you from getting one. Put this effort into getting faster at ordering on release day.
Lies.

I'm sure he's purposely waiting during checkout with all his copies, and then checking out at the last moment to screw those people towards the end over.

I can see him now, plotting for future releases and making more people even more sad.

oGJgD.gif

What I meant was if their system is exploitable and they did that to fix it, great. If not their system being exploitable should not be a cause to make it harder for users with slower devices to score. The base problem is theirs- they're passing it on by making things harder for "scalpers" at the expense of regulars. You're right, doesn't matter they can sell through them pretty fast either way- looks better on them with the 2 minute sell outs
Those people with a slow device are going to have even less chance if something insta-sells out by guaranteeing it once it's in the cart. Again, the best chance for someone to get something on a slow device is by the system currently in place. Some people are slow pokes checking out and/or make mistakes while checking out which slows them down and allows others with better checkout skills to get a game.

Those people with a slow device are going to have even less chance if something insta-sells out by guaranteeing it once it's in the cart. Again, the best chance for someone to get something on a slow device is by the system currently in place. Some people are slow pokes checking out and/or make mistakes while checking out which slows them down and allows others with better checkout skills to get a game.
Yeah I think it's all about skill too. I'm looking into taking a few classes or getting some training.

bread's done
Back