Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
The ones who are buying it and are thanking you are the ones who didnt try to buy it in the first place. If someone is thanking you for selling them something that you paid 1/3 of the price for, then theyre morons and are ised to being screwed over.

The game cost $54.99, ok, if you buy it to sell to someone for 3x the price, you buy might be a scumbag. Buying a game and flipping itis NOT a job. Again, its the PRINCIPLE of it. I can afford 3x the price, no problem at all. Its not the price hurting my wallet or any of that nonsense, it's the mere fact that LRG wanted to sell their game for $55. They want peoe to get ir and keep it and play it. And Sure they do this to make money, but you don't see them selling it for $180 on their site? This tells you that thwyre respectable human beings glad with small profit than ridiculously insane profit. It definitely didn't cost them $55 per game, so the fact people sell them for 3x is insanely rude.

Anyone who thinks scalping is at all a good thing, youre kidding yourself. There's a reason scalping concert tickets is still technically illegal, part of it is because its douchey for sure.
For some people, it is a job. Who are you to tell someone how to make a living and dictate what does and does not qualify as "a job"?

Last edited by a moderator:
The ones who are buying it and are thanking you are the ones who didnt try to buy it in the first place. If someone is thanking you for selling them something that you paid 1/3 of the price for, then theyre morons and are ised to being screwed over.

The game cost $54.99, ok, if you buy it to sell to someone for 3x the price, you buy might be a scumbag. Buying a game and flipping itis NOT a job. Again, its the PRINCIPLE of it. I can afford 3x the price, no problem at all. Its not the price hurting my wallet or any of that nonsense, it's the mere fact that LRG wanted to sell their game for $55. They want peoe to get ir and keep it and play it. And Sure they do this to make money, but you don't see them selling it for $180 on their site? This tells you that thwyre respectable human beings glad with small profit than ridiculously insane profit. It definitely didn't cost them $55 per game, so the fact people sell them for 3x is insanely rude.

Anyone who thinks scalping is at all a good thing, youre kidding yourself. There's a reason scalping concert tickets is still technically illegal, part of it is because its douchey for sure.
Don't give LRG much credit here. If they didn't underprint to ensure inadequate supply thus driving the ability to scalp then there would be no issue. They have to do this or their business model wouldn't work, but don't think that they care who gets it as long as they sell out.

I said above that I didn't appreciate scalpers, but I'm not sure I'd qualify it as rude. They found a niche where there are people who will overpay and give them a tidy profit for little work. I can't say I blame them much. Might participate myself if my time couldn't be spent on more profitable endeavors.

One way to avoid this is by the paid membership they took a poll on a while ago. They said members would have early access to titles. This ensures people get what they want and that scalpers would be deterred by the monthly fee. I was in full support of this but it ended up being voted down. I say they revisit this idea as I imagine many people would have a different response this time.

funny-gif-owls-gurl.gif

That's this thread right now.

I am officially in love with that guy! <3<3<3
Yeah, this was a classic scene, from a very classic movie.

EDIT: BTW, his character also got a girl pregnant in the movie and didn't pay for her abortion, as per their agreement. So not sure how you may feel about that, but just thought I would add that in. LOL

One way to avoid this is by the paid membership they took a poll on a while ago. They said members would have early access to titles. This ensures people get what they want and that scalpers would be deterred by the monthly fee. I was in full support of this but it ended up being voted down. I say they revisit this idea as I imagine many people would have a different response this time.
A monthly fee isn't gonna deter them

I do a straight up trade. If I had something someone wanted, for something I wanted that they had, swap. Thats it. Because its 2 people who want an actual game and arent trying to make a profit of someone elses misfortune.
If you had a copy of, let's say, Little Samson that you were looking to get rid of, would you trade it for NT? Or would you only trade it for something that has a similar market value? I'm genuinely curious.

I totally agree and was one who voted for it, but others didn't want to be locked into buying every release. That's why a lot of these guys moaning now are full of it when they say they collect. They wanted to pick and choose what they could scalp then and never thought it would become a 10 second dash at 10 and 6. ;-) Honestly think LRG is past that point and doesn't need to worry about stuff never selling out so why offer a membership? At least for them other than to stop the bad PR.

For some people, it is a job. Who are you to tell someone how to make a living and dictate what does and does not qualify as "a job"?
I'm a much a free market capitalist as anyone, but anyone who refers to buying and flipping any hard to find commodity whether it be toys or video games or whatever as a "job" is a moron. A way to make some extra pocket change, sure, but anyone who is relying on a speculative market as their primary source of income is going to find themselves homeless in a heart beat.

I'm a much a free market capitalist as anyone, but anyone who refers to buying and flipping any hard to find commodity whether it be toys or video games or whatever as a "job" is a moron. A way to make some extra pocket change, sure, but anyone who is relying on a speculative market as their primary source of income is going to find themselves homeless in a heart beat.
you forget they also are collecting welfare and free healthcare. ;-)

I appreciate that scalpers exist, because they provide liquidity in the marketplace.  I've been lucky enough to get every title I've wanted so far, but inevitably there will be a point where I miss something, whether through my fault (e.g. going on vacation) or circumstance.  It's good to know that there will always be a copy available on Ebay or Amazon, even if it is marked up for convenience.

If every copy sold only went to people that wanted it for their collection, it would be quite difficult to obtain a copy afterwards.  Especially in the case of something like Wonder Boy or Night Trap where the demand clearly exceeded available quantities (LRG said Wonder Boy had 20,000 people attempting to checkout vs. 5000 copies), even if a few hundred or even thousand were scalpers, you would still have had to fight your way through 10,000+ other collectors for the same 5000 copies.  Isn't it better that some copies ended up with the scalpers so you at least still have the option to get it at a markup, rather than you just straight up lost the race to the other collectors and that's it, game over, all copies locked to their respective owners?

Ok, i'll end my rantings in this thread with this:

I'm not going to change any scalpers minds. I get that and understand that. But you see, the gaming community is different than say buying goods at a walmart. You selling something from your bedroom is not the same as a company selling a product at higher than they paid it, not even close.

When something comes out, and you are buying it from a store, online or B&M, it should be so you can play it/have it, whatever. If you goto a store, and your sole purpose is to buy it at retail, to flip online for 3x the price, then you literally took that from someone else who later walked in that store to buy it and play it. Maybe a kid saved up his money to get it only to lose out because an adult bought it to flip it.

I dunno, maybe I just have an old mentality to not get something to sell it for more money, where someone coyld've just bought it at that same place for the normal price ans not get gouged.

Yes, I own 3,550+ games, but they're all different games, no duplicates. I do NOT collect games to make money. I love games, I play all different genres and I love having this collection. I let friends borrow them, we play them together, it's amazing. I've just paid nornal prices for the games, retail or less. Working at a video game store for 5 years didn't hurt either.

But I am over Night Trap now, because I own the original on Sega CD anyway. I wanted this to go with it and because I want to play the remaster. I'm just mad that "scalpwrs gonna scalp" at the extra expense of fellow CAGs who just wanted to play it.

I'll stop riling up the scalpers and end this now. Sorry if you all didn't like my complaining, I get that it doesn't help anything. I just want to be able to buy a game from the place that is selling it and not from someone scalping the game to line their pockets. Apparently that is too much to ask.

Man these SNES classics are gonna suck so bad. And I have to try and find THREE at retail prices (one for my nephew and one for my future brother in law).

So yea, i'll shut up. Just pissed but i'll get over it. Thanks for letting me rant and discuss, even to you scalpers that I disagree with. We will agree to disagree.

Or the richest in the world. That is literally how hedge funds and banks make most of their money.

If someone is capable of turning a speculative market into their primary source of income how would that at all make them a moron? I don't think he said "permanent career" or "infinite source of income." It isn't the only way to flip games either... There are enough estate sales, pawn shops, idiots on FB , failed video game stores and sniping algorithms to last a few of us resellers a lifetime. Don't be jelly now.

Edit: Additional ways to flip those games other than speculative markets
GameFly inventory reductions, Google translate, Family Video, nice people, and lastly...working your ass off so the 1099 you fill out at the end of the year supplements one helluva collection.

I understand your sentiment. Just trying to offer a solution and not trying to time anyone up, but have you considered the PC version, which is still available? I know the PS4 one is "cooler" and easier to play, but you get to play on Steam and the box is pretty cool and collectable IMO.

The reason I buy most LRG titles is because it's honestly nigh irresponsible not to plop the cash down when many times you can triple the investment quickly. It's a no brainer. I haven't sold any and plan on passing them on to my daughter soon but this is a simple fact.

You people act like if you saw a copy of Little Samson for $50 you'd bring it to seller and make sure they increase the price by at least a factor of 10 without getting it yourself.

My opinion on those who can flip...If you know something others don't know, or can do something that others cannot, then congratulations because you are doing what every person on this planet does to get by.

The reason I buy most LRG titles is because it's honestly nigh irresponsible not to plop the cash down when many times you can triple the investment quickly. It's a no brainer. I haven't sold any and plan on passing them on to my daughter soon but this is a simple fact.
Completely agree here... it's also true for anything I buy. I make a good living, but that doesn't mean I wanna just throw my money around because I can. Whether it's a car or a game, it's value in the future heavily influences my decision.

As a side note, the PC version is at 50% availability and the Bunker around 35%. I hope that doesn't hurt their bottom line though they will probably sell over the next day or two.

I could have sworn the PC version was at 40% earlier today, did people cancel? That is sucky of them.

As a side note, the PC version is at 50% availability and the Bunker around 35%. I hope that doesn't hurt their bottom line though they will probably sell over the next day or two.

I could have sworn the PC version was at 40% earlier today, did people cancel? That is sucky of them.
Perhaps that was during the first batch?

I am glad to hear you are no longer stalking Chris on ebay and plan to start a family. Congrats!

I was a little worried about getting night trap and last weeks release but so far so good. Onto Ys!
I still hope his family goes into poverty when he gets a lifetime eBay ban

According to other comments he's using a fake return address, that's mail fraud

So thinking back on this Night Trap business today. It seems strange that they split the allotment to 9am and 5pm. It does give different people a chance. But it also lets scalpers get another account more easily prepared to snag additional copies.

Plus, putting all 3000 out at once would have resulted in less stranded carts at the final checkout screen in those first 5 minutes. I know my order would have gotten through at least with those additional 1000 on the table. I just think it was a poor decision to break em up.

So thinking back on this Night Trap business today. It seems strange that they split the allotment to 9am and 5pm. It does give different people a chance. But it also lets scalpers get another account more easily prepared to snag additional copies.

Plus, putting all 3000 out at once would have resulted in less stranded carts at the final checkout screen in those first 5 minutes. I know my order would have gotten through at least with those additional 1000 on the table. I just think it was a poor decision to break em up.
That's nothing new. They've split sales into two batches for every game they've done.

Dude - it's how LRG has done it for every single game release. If you don't split it, then it gives some people no shot at the item.

You can't please everyone. I'm sure if LRG sold them all at once, you'd have a boatload of folks complaining about failing to offer it at different times.

I do find it funny how crazy everyone has been with Night Trap. No interest in it at all - but certainly heard a lot about it on every VG podcast the last few weeks. It's ironic in some ways that LRG's hottest selling game is - frankly - a horribly bad one.

At least the game brings more attention to LRG, which is good. In a few years, companies like them may be among the few left even offering physical discs for any game.

I can understand why they do it. I just believe the bad outweighs the good for that particular strategy.

It was also my first time ordering from them, so I didn't know they operate that way. They run a cool business, but there's tons of room for improvement.

I'm such a fuck ing idiot. Night Trap was going to be my first LRG purchase. I'm sick with the flu and completely forgot about it. Congrats to everyone who got it. I guess I'll be patiently waiting for a sale on the digital version at this point. 

At least the game brings more attention to LRG, which is good. In a few years, companies like them may be among the few left even offering physical discs for any game.
They only have the deal with Sony because Sony allows the low prints as they produce a lot of physical games. If physical games stop getting pressed the business from LRG isn't enough to keep the lights on. All games reased by LRG between the vita and pa4 combined doesn't even equal the production of one big current PS4 game. So if physical goes away LRG is done. Heck if Sony changes their minimums LRG is done. Vita production alone may survive through 2018, but there will come a point where production numbers will force Sony to either shut that down or delay production until they have enough orders to warrant production costs.

LRG might be getting by fine now but I wonder what their 5 year and 10 year plans even are as the market changes and what they would do if Sony started saying minimums are 50K or 100k? That's where I hope these guys are socking away some money and looking deep into other options.

Well, I had hoped to get Night Trap but got in queue at 5PM (Central) and by the time I got out it was sold out.  Seemed to take longer than normal.  Haven't been buying LRG games long, a few months, but this one was a tad frustrating.  They had to know, being a formerly controversial game and retro that the demand would be quite high so could have easily doubled or tripled the print run and sold through them all with no issue.

Seeing scalpers win though, is rubbing salt in the wounds.  Hate seeing scum like that get ahead.  Bugs me when I see them in line for NES Classics when people who really want to play them are in line.  Seen one at the very front of the line turn to a family who wasn't able to get one (because of him) and say "Sell you one for $250 bucks!".   :bomb:

Is there any reason why LRG doesn't do preorder re-issues for their popular games like DataDisc does for their records?
Because theyre called Limited Run Games.

After the initial printing, the rights go back to the other party. The other party is free to do a re issue, but it wont be part of the LRG lineup. An example of this is Soldner. After LRG did their run, they decided to do another reprint with Play Asia

Is there any reason why LRG doesn't do preorder re-issues for their popular games like DataDisc does for their records?
They have a policy that they will NEVER reprint any of their releases, but any of the developers can release games if they so choose. Soldner X-2 sold out rather quick, so the developer did another release with Play-Asia. A part of the "limited" nature of this business, is that they won't be making more. If they reprinted titles, the limited wouldn't realty mean much.

EDIT: Damn, I was beat twice. LOL

Not to be too off topic but what was sony's reasoning for deciding to no longer support vita? I cant remember actually reading the justification for this. Was it just a sales issue?

bread's done
Back