Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I'm glad that there won't be another variant for pre-ordering. Just the normal one and the Pax one (since the CE has the same copy in it as a normal one). Are the CE contents announced yet, though?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yes, it's just the box, a poster and an art book.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Ys plan is solid, no issues from me, except for maybe if I try and get the CE alone, or try for Asdivine Hearts in the same order(to save on shipping)?

With 2 separate systems being offered in regards to the CE, I should be OK, as most of the recent issues where from the CE being offered on only the PS4, and everyone trying to get it. Now at least the mad mob will have two options for running amok. LOL
Yep, I think this might actually be an easier CE to get compared to the past few weeks as the contents and packaging are the same for both the PS4 and Vita version and I suspect at least some people won't want both. There are 6,000 copies of the CE evenly split on the two platforms, so hopefully it lasts at least a few minutes.

well at least scaplers will have no interest (or little) in the Ys Regular Ediitons for Vita and PS4. Wonder if they will take this route with other titles in the future. 

Just got the email with the details on Ys. All regular copies are being manufactured to demand. So what I suggested. Interesting. I will be preordering this and I'm fine with the tower art and am glad it's reversable.
I think from the sound of it, doing the previous strategy with a different cover variant probably wasn't practical or feasible this late in the game for this release, so they will probably just use the current stock to fulfill the early pre-orders, and if the pre-orders exceed their current stock of what they've already received, they'll have them manufacture more later to meet the demand. This also leads me to believe that the standard edition numbers they were planning to release originally probably weren't that high to begin with so they could take such a calculated risk like this, and not worry their original quantity count they received won't sell out.

If they were going to do a pre-order, they might as well just go this route instead of doing something weird with more cover variant nonsense.

Probably still a bloodbath for the CEs Friday, but for those who don't care about that, this works out.

Let's see if pre-order try number three (excluding Lawbreakers) will actually work without a hitch or massive delay. :D

Didn't see it if already asked:

My email from LRG says both vita Ys versions are priced at $29.99?

Probably still a bloodbath for the CEs Friday, but for those who don't care about that, this works out.

Let's see if pre-order try number three (excluding Lawbreakers) will actually work without a hitch or massive delay. :D
If Ferrariracer posted in this thread the CE cover would be posted all marked up "reseller edition". It's guaranteed limited and a fairly well known action RPG series. I'd be shocked if it's not gone like Wonderboy and Night Trap CE's.

I can't see this preorder attempt failing. The only way I see it really not doing well is if they fabricate some ludicrous (insert Spaceballs reference) projected amount they were going to sell (like 20k) when it only does maybe 10k for standard copies combined.

Yeah, I'm super glad they scrapped the variant cover as well. As I was going to try and buy it, but now since it's not being offered, I'm saving some dollars, which is always a good thing. So I'll just go for the CE, and then the Kemco RPG, and I'm done. I should hopefully be able to get both in the am offering, so long as they go up at the same time.

I really want to like this but the covers are just hideous. Blech.

Part of the fun of getting physical copies is enjoying how the case looks and this is doing nothing for me.

So no third "preorder variant", can just order 2 of either platform in the 24 hour period and get both default facing covers with nothing to worry about.

Awesome.

Part of the fun of getting physical copies is enjoying how the case looks and this is doing nothing for me.
I really enjoy good game art, so when it happens, great. But when it doesn't, I'm happy to play a great game, as the medium being offered is really to small for me to enjoy most of the time anyways(Vita cases).

I grew up console gaming with the 2600, where the box art was beyond amazing, and the games looked like s**t! LOL I also grew up with record albums, where the size was big, and the art could really be enjoyed. Once cassette tapes, and then CD's took over, so did my interest in the art, as then it was to small to really enjoy properly.

I still like seeing good art from time to time, but it's less important, due to the size where it's offered. The PS4 cases, and CE offer a better size to art on the sleeve or box, but for handheld offerings(which is most of what I buy), it's pretty worthless for me as the art is so small.

EDIT: I'll still pick up a good poster for a gaming title, when they are offered, but they are few and far between, which really does suck, as some game art is really nice. I just can't enjoy it as it's offered currently most of the time.

Having the pre order go live before the CE might help a few more folks score one (CE)? Just a thought but it may help some people.

So, there's no cover variants for the standard edition, other than the PAX West cover? If that's the case, then I think it's a reasonable approach for the pre-orders. 

People saying they would buy if it wasn't sold out (re: WB and NT) better put their money where their mouth is and order 10k+ units of Y's.

So no third "preorder variant", can just order 2 of either platform in the 24 hour period and get both default facing covers with nothing to worry about.

Awesome.
Looks like no preorder variant, though the email mentioned a PAX-exclusive variant cover for the PS4 version that will be available at the online store later.

Looks like no preorder variant, though the email mentioned a PAX-exclusive variant cover for the PS4 version that will be available at the online store later.
Operative word being "later" and hopefully not with any other hotly anticipated small run game.

I was super glad to see it was PS4 only, as that was great news for me, as I'm on the LRG Vita team. LOL

Order the Asian versions, much better covers. I already have the Vita Asian version ordered, trying to decide which others to get. But I agree with you.

Order the Asian versions, much better covers. I already have the Vita Asian version ordered, trying to decide which others to get. But I agree with you.
I'm the opposite, I like the clean look of the blue side of LRG's version over the stereotypical "busy" JRPG cover with the entire cast crowding up the front (e.g. most of the Tales Of... box arts).

Also, I guess to answer my own question earlier, according to LRG's twitter the intitial batch of Ys Origin is currently being manufactured and expected to arrive at their location next Monday. The initial batch consists of 7500 PS4 copies and 6500 Vita copies. Since the Collecter's Editions are 3000 and 3000 each and are assembled from the same pool, this means there will be 4500 PS4 and 3500 Vita standard edition copies available for first shipment.

Any orders beyond that will presumably need to be manufactured separately and will ship later. Not sure how LRG prioritizes orders, whether by location or first in/first out, but if is by FIFO there is a distinct benefit to getting in your order as soon as it opens, otherwise you might end up in the second batch.

Well I just got a unpleasant surprise.  I finally got around to opening up my Wonder Boy shipment(standard edition btw) that came as I've been gone for the weekend.  The spine of the case broke and has been blown out like a tube of tooth paste.  Likely something heavy got placed on it during shipment and slowly got piled on it even more, busting out the sides.  Sigh...

large.png

Ticket already submitted to LRG.

Well I just got a unpleasant surprise. I finally got around to opening up my Wonder Boy shipment(standard edition btw) that came as I've been gone for the weekend. The spine of the case broke and has been blown out like a tube of tooth paste. Likely something heavy got placed on it during shipment and slowly got piled on it even more, busting out the sides. Sigh...
large.png

Ticket already submitted to LRG.
Open a ticket with LRG, they should fix it.

People saying they would buy if it wasn't sold out (re: WB and NT) better put their money where their mouth is and order 10k+ units of Y's.

I will not be at all surprised if this sells like 6500 units. It would be nice to be wrong don't get me wrong but...
I would like to see this model be very successful since I hope Cosmic Star Heroine will get the same treatment. I also hope all of the people complaining put up or shut up. I don't think the print numbers are 50% of the current demand though. I would suspect an extra few thousand units. Is it safe to assume there are no limits? I could see some independent game stores jumping in and buying copies and that might get to ~8,000 units (my guess is PS4 will be just above 8k and Vita will be in the low to mid 7,000's for the total standard copy runs).

Didn't they say 20,000 people were trying to get a copy of Night Trap? Why do people think Y's would sell less than half as much as that?

Didn't they say 20,000 people were trying to get a copy of Night Trap? Why do people think Y's would sell less than half as much as that?
I don't think they really know how many people were planning on buying Night Trap and at best that 20K number was an estimate based on attempted connections to the store site. Many of those could have been bots, people using multiple devices, etc...

I thought they said carts not people and I think it was 15,000 but I would need to go look. I don't think they are tracking IP addresses and I would suspect people were trying on different browser windows etc. and doing crazy stuff when they thought they were not going to get the game. It would be awesome if they cleared 30-40,000 units of Ys between the two platforms, but I just don't see it happening.

Has anyones copy of Night Trap shipped yet? I got a confirmation and tracking number on Friday but it doesn't appear as though they have actually shipped it yet.

Has anyones copy of Night Trap shipped yet? I got a confirmation and tracking number on Friday but it doesn't appear as though they have actually shipped it yet.
I'm wondering that myself. I haven't even gotten any confirmation or tracking yet for Night Trap or Wonder Boy.

Even though you received a shipping notification, it doesn't mean it shipped yet. That just means they printed the labels. It'll take a while longer before it actually ships

Woke up and got a X Scorpio Edition in case I want one.

Caught both left turns on the way to work this morning.

Sausage biscuits at QT were fresh and gooey.

LRG Y's preorder announcement with no third variant and good quantities in Asdivine Hearts.

Got a Best Buy SNES classic preorder.

And nobody took down any networks at work today.

Today was a good day. Unreal for a Munday.

Woke up and got a X Scorpio Edition in case I want one.

Caught both left turns on the way to work this morning.

Sausage biscuits at QT were fresh and gooey.

LRG Y's preorder announcement with no third variant and good quantities in Asdivine Hearts.

Got a Best Buy SNES classic preorder.

And nobody took down any networks at work today.

Today was a good day. Unreal for a Munday.
Nice! You're having the opposite of my week last week. I hope it continues for you haha.

bread's done
Back