Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Is Ys standard only in the form of a preorder? Or is there a standard version w different cover art that will follow the traditional model?

Also, if I "preordered" it, how long of a delay will there be before it ships?

Is Ys standard only in the form of a preorder? Or is there a standard version w different cover art that will follow the traditional model?

Also, if I "preordered" it, how long of a delay will there be before it ships?
Yes/No, as the standard will be a preorder, but they are already producing the set amount they had planned. If the pre-order phase exceeds those numbers, they will produce more up to that amount. So depending on how they ship, you may get one from the already produced bunch, or it may not come until the next batch. Either way, your copy will be guaranteed, just not known when it will ship.

There will be a PS4 ONLY variant for PAX West, but that hasn't been shown yet, and after the show, it will be offered online at some point.

Yes/No, as the standard will be a preorder, but they are already producing the set amount they had planned. If the pre-order phase exceeds those numbers, they will produce more up to that amount. So depending on how they ship, you may get one from the already produced bunch, or it may not come until the next batch. Either way, your copy will be guaranteed, just not known when it will ship.

There will be a PS4 ONLY variant for PAX West, but that hasn't been shown yet, and after the show, it will be offered online at some point.
Fun thing is that I always order the same minute they go up, but I'm always one of the last orders to ship, so I'll probably be in that "pre-order" batch that has to wait for the reprint.

Fun thing is that I always order the same minute they go up, but I'm always one of the last orders to ship, so I'll probably be in that "pre-order" batch that has to wait for the reprint.
Honestly, between them having to combine orders, and singles, CE, etc, I'm pretty sure they don't ship in any type of order, as it would be to hard to keep track of. Especially when the end games is just getting stuff out the door. If a guy was number 1 in line, only to have two items(one in stock, the other one not), it wouldn't make much sense to wait before shipping someone else's single, for this combined order.

I normally order pretty quick as well, and I've never noticed being ahead, or behind, but I will say when I have a single game any given week, that those have always seemed to ship the fastest. When there's an order with 2 or more items, those seem to take the longest.

If I remember correctly, Josh has even stated that singles go out first, as it's the easiest and fastest to prep for shipping.

I personally don't mind the preorder route for Ys. I think it will benefit everyone in the long run. I was going to try and get the standard edition anyway so now I don't have to worry. I really have no interest in their collectors editions. I am just looking for vita games and ps4 games I have an interest in playing. I also think this model will prove that preorders can work for certain tiles and they should do this again in the future on a game to game basis.

I think this model would work great for Salt and Sanctuary and Cosmic Star Heroine and I hope with the success of this campaign they adapt this preorder model for these two titles. Fingers crossed.

I don't think this model works for a game like Asdivine Hearts or some of the other indie tiles they have sold in the past. Asdivine Hearts is the worst game they are ever going to release. I have no interest in this game but the game will sell.

I personally don't mind the preorder route for Ys. I think it will benefit everyone in the long run. I was going to try and get the standard edition anyway so now I don't have to worry. I really have no interest in their collectors editions. I am just looking for vita games and ps4 games I have an interest in playing. I also think this model will prove that preorders can work for certain tiles and they should do this again in the future on a game to game basis.

I think this model would work great for Salt and Sanctuary and Cosmic Star Heroine and I hope with the success of this campaign they adapt this preorder model for these two titles. Fingers crossed.

I don't think this model works for a game like Asdivine Hearts or some of the other indie tiles they have sold in the past. Asdivine Hearts is the worst game they are ever going to release. I have no interest in this game but the game will sell.
Yeah Asdivine Hearts was a no-go for me when I saw that it was a Kemco game. When I see Kemco these days I think shitty smart phone J-RPGs.

Order shipment usually depends on how much you order, not when you order. Simplest orders go out first (1x game) and the most complicated orders go out last (1x copy of each game, on each system, with card protectors).

Yeah Asdivine Hearts was a no-go for me when I saw that it was a Kemco game. When I see Kemco these days I think shitty smart phone J-RPGs.
That game is from a smartphone. Costs $4 on android and $8 on iOS right now. $10 on steam. I'm skipping it also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Order shipment usually depends on how much you order, not when you order. Simplest orders go out first (1x game) and the most complicated orders go out last (1x copy of each game, on each system, with card protectors).
Most of my orders are 1x copy total, but I have been adding card protectors since they've been offering them... so maybe. Still sucks.

Would explain why my Night Trap order hasn't shipped since I ordered just about 1 of everything.

Toilet seat games ftl.

At least it's a JRPG.  Imagine LRG physical release of Temple Run or Angry Birds or Punch the Monkey as an official NA Vita or PS4 release.

Most of my orders are 1x copy total, but I have been adding card protectors since they've been offering them... so maybe. Still sucks.

Would explain why my Night Trap order hasn't shipped since I ordered just about 1 of everything.
i think that if you ordered the pc verion of night trap you have to wait till its ready/ forgot when they said it would be ready to ship

An Ys Collector's edition with no soundtrack? Blasphemy.

Are the collector's editions already made ready to ship? Sorry if already answered.

I changed my mind and am going for the CE, though I wish at least a soundtrack was included.  I'll play my cheap copy from Play-Asia.

Friday's going to be interesting.  I think the Ys CE will sell out really fast, the standard version will underperform, and Asdivine Hearts will be in-stock for a while.  8,600 copies way more than I would have expected for it.

Yeah.. no soundtrack in the CE is disappointing. I kinda assumed it'd come with one before I saw the email, but I'll still buy it most likely.

Toilet seat games ftl.

At least it's a JRPG. Imagine LRG physical release of Temple Run or Angry Birds or Punch the Monkey as an official NA Vita or PS4 release.
I would gladly pay $25 for a Plants vs. Zombies physical Vita cart. Game is delisted now. I bought an Angry Birds Star Wars cart for $10 and would happily do the same for the original, I would probably begrudgingly still buy at $25.

Totally agree (with Trinken Wir) Would love to get the original PvZ physical on Vita (though I did get it digitally), and would definitely get Angry Birds Trilogy if they released that physically as well, those games are a lot of fun for quick pick up and play. Don't care about Asdevine at all.

Finally received my Shadow Warrior 2 PS4 from Special Reserve today. Came in a box with a nice little bag and scroll.[attachment=27693:image.jpg]

Finally received my Shadow Warrior 2 PS4 from Special Reserve today. Came in a box with a nice little bag and scroll.
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Is that how the Collector's Edition look?

Nevermind. It's the standard edition. That is a cool bonus.

Out of curiosity, has anyone had their Oceanhorn and Plague Road not ship yet? Mine says "shipment information received by UPS Mail Innovations" on the 17th but it hasn't progressed since that.

Out of curiosity, has anyone had their Oceanhorn and Plague Road not ship yet? Mine says "shipment information received by UPS Mail Innovations" on the 17th but it hasn't progressed since that.
It's only been like 3 business days, probably a few more days before it gets picked up. My first few UPS Innovation orders took like a week before UPS picked them up.

It's only been like 3 business days, probably a few more days before it gets picked up. My first few UPS Innovation orders took like a week before UPS picked them up.
Perfect, thanks for the response, Vinny! After having a bad experience with eBay recently (the item tracking never went to the next step) I'm probably just being paranoid, ha!

Got my standard edition of Night Trap today. Considering they just got the games at LRG, that's a pretty darn good turnaround time.

Between this fast shipping and the made-to-order quantities of Ys, they're on fire these past few days.

Mailed my tickets in earlier this month.  Got an e-mail from LRG support a few days later acknowledging receipt of the tickets and asking me what game I'd like.  I asked to apply the free game credit towards Ys Origin PS4 CE.  Got a reply today saying that a copy is reserved for me and I will receive further instructions when the game is ready to ship.

Thought I'd share for anybody wondering how the process goes.

Mailed my tickets in earlier this month. Got an e-mail from LRG support a few days later acknowledging receipt of the tickets and asking me what game I'd like. I asked to apply the free game credit towards Ys Origin PS4 CE. Got a reply today saying that a copy is reserved for me and I will receive further instructions when the game is ready to ship.

Seems seamless.

When did they start the rewards program? I seem to have more games than tickets. I doubt I'll ever get close to a free game redemption.

When did they start the rewards program? I seem to have more games than tickets. I doubt I'll ever get close to a free game redemption.
Yeah, they started it right after I stopped buying doubles, so I've been building up slowly. I have 17 now, but should be at about 25 or so once my orders get all caught up. I'm planning to save mine until the Vita gets some form of special item or variant.

Mailed my tickets in earlier this month. Got an e-mail from LRG support a few days later acknowledging receipt of the tickets and asking me what game I'd like. I asked to apply the free game credit towards Ys Origin PS4 CE. Got a reply today saying that a copy is reserved for me and I will receive further instructions when the game is ready to ship.

Did you send your tickets by regular mail? I'm getting close to 40 tickets and want that Night Trap 32X variant. I'm thinking about sending in my tickets by Certified Mail with a return receipt requested. Only because my one experience with LRG support has not been good. I politely asked for the Dear Esther corrected artwork three times and I still don't have it.

Did you send your tickets by regular mail? I'm getting close to 40 tickets and want that Night Trap 32X variant. I'm thinking about sending in my tickets by Certified Mail with a return receipt requested. Only because my one experience with LRG support has not been good. I politely asked for the Dear Esther corrected artwork three times and I still don't have it.
Just as a rule of thumb, NEVER send anything that can't be easily replaced, without some form of tracking, and proof of who received it on the other end.

Not trying to be 'that asshole' or burst anyones bubble, but the reward redemption page very clearly states: "Good for up to $24.99 off the price of an upcoming title. Upcoming title will not need to be specified at redemption. Coupon can be used at any time. Our customer service team will coordinate redemption. You may redeem this coupon at any point after a game is announced to guarantee a copy. You will be responsible for paying any difference in price between the coupon discount ($24.99) and the game price."

Just trying to say be wary and NOT salty when your 'Free CE' is actually just a 25$ discount.

Not trying to be 'that asshole' or burst anyones bubble, but the reward redemption page very clearly states: "Good for up to $24.99 off the price of an upcoming title. Upcoming title will not need to be specified at redemption. Coupon can be used at any time. Our customer service team will coordinate redemption. You may redeem this coupon at any point after a game is announced to guarantee a copy. You will be responsible for paying any difference in price between the coupon discount ($24.99) and the game price."

Just trying to say be wary and NOT salty when your 'Free CE' is actually just a 25$ discount.
Further info. Night Trap is normally $29.99, but the Night Trap 32X variant is valued at $24.99 because it doesn't come with the poster or whatever... literally just the game, case, and 32X cover art.

Further info. Night Trap is normally $29.99, but the Night Trap 32X variant is valued at $24.99 because it doesn't come with the poster or whatever... literally just the game, case, and 32X cover art.
What I ASSUMED (<-Key to this statement) was that LRG would probably be okay with waving the 10-ish$ (for shipping and the remainder of the price, considering having to spend at least a grand for 40 tickets) for the NT variants or other any standard release.

I just thought it'd be good to point out the fine print and not let anyone get too carried away with 'I GOT A FREE YS CE FROM LRG'

Just want to be clear. So the 40 tickets work on any game including CE?
It let's you reserve an upcoming announced release. You pay the difference in cost between the game and the $25 ticket value.

I believe this was posted by Doomstink earlier in this thread.

Just want to be clear. So the 40 tickets work on any game including CE?
The 40 tickets guarantees you a copy of a chosen release. If the game you want costs $29.99, you pay $5 after the 40 tickets. If the game you want is a CE that costs $54.99, then you pay $30 after the 40 tickets.

I don't know if they charge shipping or if they eat it in this situation.

bread's done
Back