Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Yeah, but nothing LRG releases is a huge mainstream gamer series. This is at least a very well loved series with deep roots into gaming history. I would think that alone would help. If anything the marketing for the preorder was a bit weak. I think they could do a better job of planning their release schedule and execution in building up hype. We knew nothing until late into the day Monday about this weeks release. I don't think the content of the CE's were even known.

Whatever the case the numbers aren't final and it's not exactly clear where those numbers even came from. I looked through all the common LRG sources and couldn't find anything to cooborate them.
That's only because most big main stream series have physical releases, lrg would definitely pick up what they could if they could

What really sucks is this just proves that this is a purely speculative market. 

(edit: heh, like Nothing said while I was typing this up)

While I don't mind the fact that some of the games I own are worth quite a bit on the secondary market, it wouldn't break my heart if they were all $5 bargain bin material again tomorrow. I get them to play. That people treat this stuff like they're stocks and bonds makes it kinda dirty feeling. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my Ys CE for both systems with ease. With already receiving my Wonderboy CE and the Night Trap CE should be on its way, I am done hopefully for a while. I wish the SNES classic was as easy as successfully ordering from LRG. I never have problems with them.

Wanted the VIta bundle but passed on it thinking I had a better chance at getting a CE by not risking putting a bundle in my cart and not being able to check out on time. Looks like there was enough time to get a bundle if jumped on right when it went live. Very happy to get a VIta CE, regular Ys, and Asdivine. I like how LRG made the regular Ys and Asdivine available a little earlier than the CE so that I could have those in my cart by the time the CE went live. Nicely done LRG!

I was able to get a Ys CE, but regret not trying to get the bundle.

Would they allow me to get the bundle at 6PM and cancel my order for just the CE that I placed at 10AM?

I was able to get a Ys CE, but regret not trying to get the bundle.

Would they allow me to get the bundle at 6PM and cancel my order for just the CE that I placed at 10AM?
No. You can, however, order the games you missed and then pay a $3 fee to combine orders (i.e. they will refund the remaining $4 on the second order's postage).

I speculate that we'll see a boost in the standard sales during and after the evening batch. I suspect some people who ultimately miss out on the CE in the final batch will settle with the standard editions.

I wouldn't invest in video games for sure. Too many lose a lot of value or such, even some of these limited ones. I mean games are meant for playing....

Nice, grabbed a PS4 bundle.  I was a little worried since I didn't see the countdown.  I thought I might have missed something and there was no evening batch lol.

Have any updated numbers on units sold? Insider info?

Wonderboy had an Asia release and it didn't stop the game from the crazy quick sellout. Had they waited for a game that didn't have any other release option but was high enough profile, we might be waiting a while especially with next month being two PS4 games and nothing for Vita. The next chance would have been October.
Oh no I understand that. I'm just saying this isn't the true numbers it could be. It shouldn't be tossed aside if this doesn't do spectacular.

I wouldn't invest in video games for sure.
This is wise. Video games take too long to appreciate in value, and their eventual value is a huge question mark. There's just too much risk for too much up-front investment. It's better to collect to satisfy your own personal tastes.

Ys Origin is the first game I've actually wanted from LRG, but this month is too tight.

As someone who doesn't care about something being limited, I like this new pre-order system. Being able to get the Vita physical version is so much nicer than using 3GB of hellishly expensive precious Vita memory. Will have to get it PS4 digital later.

In for one Ys standard for the Japanese language inclusion. I'm glad this one wasn't limited so I didn't have to worry about it all day, and I hope the response to this method is favorable enough for LRG to go this way for future games.

I'm guessing many scalpers don't want to buy the CEs because they're afraid everyone who pre-orders the standard copy will be satisfied.

LRG should do pre-orders for every major release this way.

I'm guessing many scalpers don't want to buy the CEs because they're afraid everyone who pre-orders the standard copy will be satisfied.

LRG should do pre-orders for every major release this way.
Depends. So far, the numbers are below their expectations atm

Placed my order for Ys. I'm really curious how many copies they will sell. I think the pre-order model has a chance of working on big name titles that are already finished and ready to go, but smaller titles would have to be done with a preset amount as I think that would result in more sales than the pre-order model in those cases.

Placed my order for Ys. I'm really curious how many copies they will sell. I think the pre-order model has a chance of working on big name titles that are already finished and ready to go, but smaller titles would have to be done with a preset amount as I think that may would result in more sales than the pre-order model in those cases.
That's the way I see it too, it's a good compromise.

Things have really slowed down sales wise.  The guy keeping tabs on Neogaf has it as 3552 PS4 and 2860 Vita as of ten minutes or so after the second batch opened.  At this rate, they may not even hit their initial order number on either platform and may not sell out of the other game today.  Pretty disappointing considering all the hype and a bad sign for preorders going forward.   

This will also be a test to see how many tickets they get due to the 4-5 week wait time to ship the copies that aren't already produced.

Things have really slowed down sales wise. The guy keeping tabs on Neogaf has it as 3552 PS4 and 2860 Vita as of ten minutes or so after the second batch opened. At this rate, they may not even hit their initial order number on either platform and may not sell out of the other game today. Pretty disappointing considering all the hype and a bad sign for preorders going forward.
Well, the Kemco RPG was never going to sell out in one day, but I'm pretty sure Ys would have if not for the preorders. I hope they reach their numbers, just so they don't lose out on any funds, but unless someone steps in and buys a shit ton last minute, this is what I personally expected to happen. Maybe now the "we know best" crowd will STFU, and let LRG offer the "Limited" games that helped them to create a business, and know that no matter what, nothing is going to be perfect in this business model.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/901204017795268613

Well, the Kemco RPG was never going to sell out in one day, but I'm pretty sure Ys would have if not for the preorders. I hope they reach their numbers, just so they don't lose out on any funds, but unless someone steps in and buys a shit ton last minute, this is what I personally expected to happen. Maybe now the "we know best" crowd will STFU, and let LRG offer the "Limited" games that helped them to create a business, and know that no matter what, nothing is going to be perfect in this business model.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/901204017795268613
There are several other factors at play with Ys (Asian-English release, niche game, flood of releases recently). While the Ys sales may end up slightly below their expectations, this is a really bad example to gauge the viability of a pre-order system. Consumer/brand loyalty holds a lot of value, and consumer-friendly approaches like this pre-order system definitely help with that. The reactions to this release have been overwhelmingly positive, especially compared to Oceanhorn/Monster Boy/Night Trap release days. I really hope they reach their numbers because, at the end of the day, money keeps the doors open for any business. Gross sales are only one of many perspectives in this situation, and the people at LRG are the only ones with enough insight into how the business is run (HPOs, KPIs, financials) to say what's best for them. I sincerely hope they do give this another go, though; this has probably been my most pleasant LRG experience yet.

Who knows, maybe this will end up being a dark horse.  It may not sell well not, but in 5 years it might become rare if they didn't sell very many.   What's the deal with Play Asia?  Is theirs an import?

Who knows, maybe this will end up being a dark horse. It may not sell well not, but in 5 years it might become rare if they didn't sell very many. What's the deal with Play Asia? Is theirs an import?
It's an Asia "English" release, but there have been several of those for past games, and I personally don't think they mean much in regards to LRG situation.

Soldner X-2 was one of the first LRG offered that left many without a copy, so the developer teamed up with Play-Asia for 3000 more copies I beleive, and they sat for ages, and that was also with another so called better game art, and while many here bought extra copies, many just didn't care.

I do agree that all these recent releases may have effected funds, but I still don't see that as a HUGE factor, as for every person who skips a release, there is another person waiting to take their place.

On course to sell out within the weekend.
It's only supposed to be 24 hours though, but I guess I can see them just leaving the pre-orders open longer if by any chance they don't sell them all out.

It would be interesting if they don't sell out by tomorrow mornings deadline, and just listed the remaining stock available, and then it sells out instantly after that.

It'd certainly deserve a smirk or two.

Things have really slowed down sales wise. The guy keeping tabs on Neogaf has it as 3552 PS4 and 2860 Vita as of ten minutes or so after the second batch opened. At this rate, they may not even hit their initial order number on either platform and may not sell out of the other game today. Pretty disappointing considering all the hype and a bad sign for preorders going forward.

How many times and how many users said this is what would happen when the formula was altered?

How many times and how many users said this is what would happen when the formula was altered?
I know, you're right. I said the same thing myself many times when people brought up the preorder issue. I guess I just convinced myself this week that somehow the actual demand out there from gamers and collectors would be enough to overcome the decrease in demand from the scalpers/resellers. It turns out LRG has had the perfect formula all along and that all the armchair CEOs here and elsewhere really didn't know what they were talking about.

I kind of like having this time to casually put my order in at my leisure. In for a Vita and Ps4 copy of Ys and will probably play one of them. My Night Trap for PS4 arrived in the mail today and I can't wait to check it out since I never was able to play it back in the day. That being said, I agree that going forward we might just have the traditional limited checkout process.

All this nostalgia with NT has me looking at picking up a Sega CD\32X and Saturn. All the consoles that I could never afford as a youngin!

It's only supposed to be 24 hours though, but I guess I can see them just leaving the pre-orders open longer if by any chance they don't sell them all out.

It would be interesting if they don't sell out by tomorrow mornings deadline, and just listed the remaining stock available, and then it sells out instantly after that.

It'd certainly deserve a smirk or two.
Talking about the Kemco game. :lol:

I frankly don't care how they want to approach as they move forward, as long as the approach they move forward with is what they want, and not just something they feel pressured to do.

I think a big issue is they've released way too much in way too short of a span.
I'm assuming they have deadlines they have to release certain titles, but at the same time it's kind of hard to keep up with getting everything or even the things you want when it seems like 2 months straight of releases.(was it?)

So on GAF there saying its gonna be a loss for them most likely and the preorder method, won't wver be used most likely. If they switch to first come first serve, I'm all good. Nobody can ever bitch that pre-prders are the better option to sell limited print games.

bread's done
Back