Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
So, no more preorders unless a dev demands it. I had a feeling LRG's best selling game ever wouldn't be enough for them to push devs to consider it for the higher profile games.
Once again, you are moving the goal posts. It would have been the highest selling game regardless of which method was used. You and everyone else here knew what quantity they had already ordered. Your argument for a long time has been that there was all this money and demand being left on the table that only preorders could satisfy. That proved not to be the case. Despite that, LRG is open to future preorders in consultation with developers if it makes sense. Obviously, LRG sees some benefit in the positive customer feedback and hopefully it doesn't come to bite them in the ass when it takes a few weeks for these copies to ship out. I'm really not sure what you're complaining about.

Last edited by a moderator:
My lawbreaker and wonderboy haven't shipped and the tracking hasn't updated and I opened a ticket with no reply...
Sadly, they where behind before Ys was offered, and now I can only imagine how bad it must be on their end. I would say just give them some time to answer(maybe a week), before trying again. Maybe Josh or Doug can chime in on how long it's good to wait before opening a new ticket, as opening new ones, are only going to cause more messages that need to be gone through, which in turn is going to slow the wheels down even more than they already are.

This is a perfect example of needing some form of set status updates(posted in a fix location and updated as often as possible), and not just an occasional tweet, or where ever info is being posted. I've seen many customers stating after several days, and still no replies, which it doesn't take much to know why that is, LRG is very behind.

Everything for me has shipped except for my NT stuff, and of course this past Fridays items. Bunker is on the way, and WB, OceanHorn, and Plague Road have already arrived as well. Oh, I'm still waiting on the KS Plague Road as well, but I haven't heard of anyone getting that yet, plus since that wasn't done specifically through LRG, I have no idea if we will be notified once those ship or not.

I know a lot of people were anxious to get the YS CE but seems that there wasn't as much interest as people thought. They're selling for $80 on eBay. Glad it was easy to get.

I know a lot of people were anxious to get the YS CE but seems that there wasn't as much interest as people thought. They're selling for $80 on eBay. Glad it was easy to get.
The morning offering lasted about 5-7 minutes(or so it was stated), and I don't know how long the afternoon was offered for, but ultimately, no one should have missed out. So prices need demand to make them go up, and currently, there is none, as most people who wanted it, got a copy. Eventually more people will desire it, and then the prices will go up accordingly, but as I stated before, the CE qty was just about perfect.

My lawbreaker and wonderboy haven't shipped and the tracking hasn't updated and I opened a ticket with no reply...
LRG tweeted out that anyone that ordered Lawbreaker and Wonderboy together would not ship until Lawbreaker would be ready to ship in Late Sept . sorry for the bad news. :(

Again, if LRG simply made a page with some kind of a release and shipment calendar, it would probably help out a lot.
Yeah, but they can't even keep those straight. Wasn't Night Trap suppose to start shipping August 15th? Two weeks later a ton are still waiting with unfull. status. Another week for it to actually be dropped off once you get that email as always. So in some cases we are looking at a month to receive a game. I'm not complaining, too much, but if there are going to be that long of delays at least let us know.

Yeah, but they can't even keep those straight. Wasn't Night Trap suppose to start shipping August 15th? Two weeks later a ton are still waiting with unfull. status. Another week for it to actually be dropped off once you get that email as always. So in some cases we are looking at a month to receive a game. I'm not complaining, too much, but if there are going to be that long of delays at least let us know.
ya they seem to have maybe unintentionally over whelmed there shipping department. but this may give them more reason to space out there releases. not everyone is gonna be at patient and arent gonna want to wait a month every time. I dont mind as I dont plan on opening omst of these LRG games but shiiiiiiittt a month is a long time to wait on anything bought online lol.

So this is the cover / card I got for Night Trap... which has left me a bit confused.... Isn't this red cover supposed to be the reversible cover on the inside? I'm not actually complaining at all because it's my favorite of the box arts but I was a little thrown off to receive that as opposed to the blue or yellow Sega cover artwork. I also absolutely love the trading card. Super cool.  Definitely have to take good care of it as I can see myself getting real into more of these trading cards. 

Can't wait for October... The Halloween month spooky game nights me and my friends have are gonna be sick... especially adding Night Trap to the mix.

@Doomstink - I asked before, but it was just before Ys Origin went on sale, so it probably got lost in the shuffle, but considering you've released a couple DotEmu games so far, any chance of releasing Windjammers?
It's definitely something we'd like to do!

So, no more preorders unless a dev demands it. I had a feeling LRG's best selling game ever wouldn't be enough for them to push devs to consider it for the higher profile games.
No, that's not what I said. I said they worked fine and we'd do them again but the decision would be with the developer. The developer doesn't have to demand it. We'll suggest it, but if they arent comfortable knowing the numbers could be lower than the suggested print size there's not much I can do about it.

We're also still waiting for the dust to settle on this one. We have way more cancelation requests, disputes, claims, and chargebacks than we've ever seen before. Don't know what it is about preorders that caused this.

We're also still waiting for the dust to settle on this one. We have way more cancelation requests, disputes, claims, and chargebacks than we've ever seen before. Don't know what it is about preorders that caused this.
Well, that sucks!

Sadly, not surprising though, as you'll get tons of the "buyers remorse" crowd, in a situation like this. You answered your own question though, as "pre-orders" allow for those actions, as they technically aren't allowed under Paypal, and if an item isn't shipped right away, it opens a door that normally isn't an option.

Those may be from re-sellers who realized there's no money to be made, or from fans who just changed their minds, or a combination of the two. Plus these next few months are crammed with releases across amny platforms, so funds may be yet another issue for some.

The same mentality that allows you guys to sell so much in a short period of time each week, will often have a negative effect when there is no longer a "limited" aspect to the situation. As others here have stated many times, a lot of the people buying these games only want them, because others do. So, once that is remove from the equation, well you know the rest........

The sad reality is that in due time, demand will go up for this title, and the same ones cancelling now, will be bitching on how they missed out later. This particular market has way more money than sense, but I'm sure you already knew that. LOL

Odd... Assuming you took into consideration the larger number of orders when looking at this? I mean if you have double the amount of games sold, it makes sense you'd have double the regular amount of people doing this kind of shit, right? I'm sure you thought of that though.

I'm just happy to hear that preorder isn't entirely off the table. There are definitely some bigger games that deserve the chance to test it again. Like I've said a billion times, this one already had a bunch of different factors working against it being a true example of the customer pool. It will be super interesting to see what would happen with a BIG game exclusive to LRG.

We have way more cancelation requests, disputes, claims, and chargebacks than we've ever seen before. Don't know what it is about preorders that caused this.
eBay flippers identified. All of those accounts should be permanent banned.

Or just chill. Be happy you have an order secured for games other people couldn't even buy.
It's simply about about getting info, has nothing to do with being impatient. If I want to know when Destiny 2 or Mario Odyssey will release, I can simply Google it or find it on most major retailer's websites. With LRG titles, I completely understand release and shipment dates are fluid but there's simply no easy way to get that info. I would like to go to a page wherein I can simply see that single orders of NT have been shipped, orders with NT standard and NT CE are shipping now, and that orders with LB will ship later... but I can't.

Instead me and everyone have to come here and ask or go through Twitter or ask them on Twitter/Helpdesk. I just think it's a waste of time in the long run and would be easier if they simply had a page with such info.

It's simply about about getting info, has nothing to do with being impatient. If I want to know when Destiny 2 or Mario Odyssey will release, I can simply Google it or find it on most major retailer's websites. With LRG titles, I completely understand release and shipment dates are fluid but there's simply no easy way to get that info. I would like to go to a page wherein I can simply see that single orders of NT have been shipped, orders with NT standard and NT CE are shipping now, and that orders with LB will ship later... but I can't.

Instead me and everyone have to come here and ask or go through Twitter or ask them on Twitter/Helpdesk. I just think it's a waste of time in the long run and would be easier if they simply had a page with such info.
This. Everything reads as if all Night Trap orders (minus orders containing the PC version) should've shipped by yesterday, but the only responses given are "We started shipping on the 15th"

I agree 100%

I'm in no rush either, and I would personally never open a ticket unless I knew for certain something was missing, or just not shipped, when it may say otherwise. I know what it's like to get tons of emails asking the same questions again and again, but if I had a way to make that situation better, rest assured, I would do so.

LRG is pretty active in these forums, and yet you still see several people a day asking about a specific title, and if it has shipped or not, when something should be expected, etc. Maybe the issues isn't a big deal on their end, so maybe that's why there is no specific fix for this issue. But just knowing this crowd based on what I see here, I would think at least 50% of all questions they are getting, are in regards to delivery questions(and it's probably higher than that).

This. Everything reads as if all Night Trap orders (minus orders containing the PC version) should've shipped by yesterday, but the only responses given are "We started shipping on the 15th"
If you want LRG titles sent in a timely manner you're making the wrong choice buying from LRG. I've been ordering from the company since Saturday Morning RPG and every title I've bought and has shipped has taken a minimum 12 days to get to me. The shipping issue has been this way since inception. It's slowly gotten worse, so if you plan to purchase from LRG expect it. Other people might have had better experiences but this has been mine. All the titles I ordered in July I've literally just gotten to me in the last 2 weeks. I am still waiting for Skullgirls (reaching the year point), Volume (ordered it with skull girls, Nighttrap, and Lili. There are also the titles they release but won't be able to ship for a month or so. It would be nice to get updates through email or on their website without having to search through forums and social media, but it is what it is.This isn't going to detour me from buying from LRG. But it's definitely a heads up for any new and future customers.

The thing is, you've sort of hit the nail on the head in your own summary of how things work, and that is that LRG isn't like most major retailers, since they are publishers. That is not to say that their current system is great by any means, and shipping is super smooth, but I just don't think it's fair to make such a comparison when they're not the same thing.

I'm not sure it's practical to create such a page or system for that. From the sound of it, it really just seems like you would like a mass email or something from LRG to let people know about shipping status update, rather than just them giving information here or on Twitter. Even though I don't like to compare them to retailer, for the purposes of this discussion, let's do so. For retailers, when a game is delayed by the publishers, what will happen sometimes is that they will send an email to all customers with an active pre-order a notice that it's been delayed. However, no retailer has a rolling page saying everything that has shipped from their overall inventory, and those units that have not. The orders are tracked individually, just as LRG's system is currently, so it seems silly looking at the whole picture to expect them to do that much more than a big box retailer, and they're acting more as a mediator to ship the games out.

Again, the way the shipping has been done in the past, is being done now, is by no way perfect, or even great. Still a lot of hiccups, delays, and what not, and they definitely need to fix these things. These are the things they need to fix.

I'm not sure that adding an info page for status updates on shipping should really be their priority right now when they should really be fixing the core issues, rather than making these add ons that seem to be unnecessary, and also impractical in resolving the issue. It would be like getting a flat tire, and instead of changing it out with a spare, you put masking tape on the hole, and then continue to drive on. You're not really fixing the problem, you're just hoping it won't get worse, and that's not really what they should be spending their time on.

If they get everything properly sorted out from a shipping standpoint, and things just sent out in a timely manner, as they should be, then a shipping info page on all of the packages, what they're working on, or any other stalkerish things you can think of shouldn't be relevant as it doesn't provide anything more than providing some solace to those who are waiting for their packages to ship.

Anyways, just my two cents on adding a shipping info page. :p

If you want LRG titles sent in a timely manner you're making the wrong choice buying from LRG. I've been ordering from the company since Saturday Morning RPG and every title I've bought and has shipped has taken a minimum 12 days to get to me. The shipping issue has been this way since inception. It's slowly gotten worse, so if you plan to purchase from LRG expect it. Other people might have had better experiences but this has been mine. All the titles I ordered in July I've literally just gotten to me in the last 2 weeks. I am still waiting for Skullgirls (reaching the year point), Volume (ordered it with skull girls, Nighttrap, and Lili. There are also the titles they release but won't be able to ship for a month or so. It would be nice to get updates through email or on their website without having to search through forums and social media, but it is what it is.This isn't going to detour me from buying from LRG. But it's definitely a heads up for any new and future customers.
Again, we're not talking about getting games faster or being impatient, it's just about getting the info of when we can expect things. Some of us just want a simple way of getting that info and think it'll avoid a lot of redundancy, that's it.

The thing is, you've sort of hit the nail on the head in your own summary of how things work, and that is that LRG isn't like most major retailers, since they are publishers. That is not to say that their current system is great by any means, and shipping is super smooth, but I just don't think it's fair to make such a comparison when they're not the same thing.

I'm not sure it's practical to create such a page or system for that. From the sound of it, it really just seems like you would like a mass email or something from LRG to let people know about shipping status update, rather than just them giving information here or on Twitter. Even though I don't like to compare them to retailer, for the purposes of this discussion, let's do so. For retailers, when a game is delayed by the publishers, what will happen sometimes is that they will send an email to all customers with an active pre-order a notice that it's been delayed. However, no retailer has a rolling page saying everything that has shipped from their overall inventory, and those units that have not. The orders are tracked individually, just as LRG's system is currently, so it seems silly looking at the whole picture to expect them to do that much more than a big box retailer, and they're acting more as a mediator to ship the games out.

Again, the way the shipping has been done in the past, is being done now, is by no way perfect, or even great. Still a lot of hiccups, delays, and what not, and they definitely need to fix these things. These are the things they need to fix.

I'm not sure that adding an info page for status updates on shipping should really be their priority right now when they should really be fixing the core issues, rather than making these add ons that seem to be unnecessary, and also impractical in resolving the issue. It would be like getting a flat tire, and instead of changing it out with a spare, you put masking tape on the hole, and then continue to drive on. You're not really fixing the problem, you're just hoping it won't get worse, and that's not really what they should be spending their time on.

If they get everything properly sorted out from a shipping standpoint, and things just sent out in a timely manner, as they should be, then a shipping info page on all of the packages, what they're working on, or any other stalkerish things you can think of shouldn't be relevant as it doesn't provide anything more than providing some solace to those who are waiting for their packages to ship.

Anyways, just my two cents on adding a shipping info page. :p
You kinda get my point... they are providing updates, Doom posts here and LRG/LRG team's various Twitters give updates. I'm just saying put all of that in one easily accessible place, ideally a page on their website. Twitter fucking sucks, I can't find shit there. And I don't think emails for something like LRG are a good way to do it because I don't want 5 different emails telling me when my 5 different orders are gonna ship. For something like Signature Edition Games, emails are fine. Even Fangamer or iam8bit, emails are fine. But LRG sells more games then those others do.

I'm not asking for exact, minute by minute updates either, just a general idea... something like "we expect to ship X and Y this week and next", or "we were expecting to have X shipped this week but there was a delay with manufacturing so we now expect to ship it next week". That's it.

I mean seriously, how many times have I asked "is this shipped yet" or "when will this be listed"? I bet it's a lot and I bet it's annoying- I can't help it because I can't keep up with all different places info is being posted.

You kinda get my point... they are providing updates, Doom posts here and LRG/LRG team's various Twitters give updates. I'm just saying put all of that in one easily accessible place, ideally a page on their website. Twitter fucking sucks, I can't find shit there. I'm not asking for exact updates either, just a general idea... something like "we expect to ship X and Y this week and next", or "we were expecting to have X shipped this week but there was a delay with manufacturing so we now expect to ship it next week". That's it.

And I don't think emails for something like LRG are a good way to do it because I don't want 5 different emails telling me when my 5 different orders are gonna ship. For something like Signature Edition Games, emails are fine. Even Fangamer or iam8bit, emails are fine. But LRG sells more games then those others do.

I mean seriously, how many times have I asked "is this shipped yet" or "when will this be listed"? I bet it's a lot and I bet it's annoying- I can't help it because I can't keep up with all different places info is being posted.
Fangamers and iam8bit are both online retailers that have been doing business for years, so they are definitely more like a traditional retailer, and are able to get information out like that. Even though they release games once in awhile, it's much more easily manageable for them to do this because they've already had a system in place to do that. Even let's say we want to compare them to Play-Asia, even they have been doing business as a retailers for years now, so it's only reasonable to expect them to do this in these types of situations.

Emails are probably the best way for them to go since it's only reasonable to be updated on shipping delays and what not. Proposing a shipping status info page would be overreaching at this point as they can't even keep up with their current upcoming release page which they've had for awhile, and even that has gone completely neglected, and just half-assed the majority of the time, so imagine if they had to keep updating something that is constantly in need of updating, and how fast that will fall behind. Then people would just start complaining about how the page is never updated (as they did with the upcoming release page), until they just lose track of it altogether, but still keep up on Twitter and other outlets.

As much as you hate to go through Twitter, here, or email for information, I still feel a majority of us don't mind getting information through that method. They can't please everyone, as we've learned countless times from every release, and every change that's ever happened with their system. It's not their job to please everyone, it's their job to make sure everyone on every medium is always informed. Just as you've noted Fangamer and iam8bit have good updates through emails, but neither of them are as active from a Twitter standpoint, and neither of them even visit sites like these. Does that mean LRG has the advantage over them from that regard? I don't see it that way. Apples and Oranges.

With all that being said, and noted previously as well, I do think that sending an email would be helpful as well to make sure people are updated on shipping statuses outside of the typical mediums of Twitter and forums. You may not like getting 5 extra emails, but honestly, 5 extra emails will be the deal breaker for you? I get at least that every few hours a day from students, and on weekends too. 5 emails is not going to be the straw that breaks the camels back, nor should it be, so I think this would be a more plausible solution rather than trying to keep a page with updated shipping info for a lack of a better word, updated. :p

No longer feels like just my two cents, more like a dollar now. ~_~

When will the Night Trap vinyl soundtrack ship?  I ordered that with the standard PS4 version and haven't seen any movement.  Has it been delayed or something and that's why it's taking so long for the game to ship?

When will the Night Trap vinyl soundtrack ship? I ordered that with the standard PS4 version and haven't seen any movement. Has it been delayed or something and that's why it's taking so long for the game to ship?
I got my notices yesterday for the NT CE/Blu-Ray, but nothing for the vinyl, as that was in a separate order. Hopefully if they have everything in stock, it should be shipping soon.

No longer feels like just my two cents, more like a dollar now. ~_~
You're handing out college tuition now, put the econ and business management books down bro.:p Simply saying the availability of information from LRG is simply all over the place and it would be better if it was just in one place- the information is there, I just think it would be better if it was in one "go to" place (that wasn't Twitter- which is 95% filler posts).

And I agree emails would be better than forums/Twitter posts, but again, a simple page with est/expected release/shipping dates would be much more user friendly.

You're handing out college tuition now, put the econ and business management books down bro. :p Simply saying the availability of information from LRG is simply all over the place and it would be better if it was just in one place- the information is there, I just think it would be better if it was in one "go to" place (that wasn't Twitter- which is 95% filler posts).

And I agree emails would be better than forums/Twitter posts, but again, a simple page with est/expected release/shipping dates would be much more user friendly.
I'd be happy with a simple page with data provided by something like an excel sheet.

List of Games | Status

Where status would be something along the lines of "Expected to start shipping Month/Day", "Now Shipping/Preparing for Shipment/etc.", or "Shipped".

I just got my shipping notice for my NT vinyl, so it's on the way. I also just got the Bunker in the mail today, so my only outstanding items are from this past Friday, and the KS variant for PR. Hopefully those get shipped out soon as well.

Again, we're not talking about getting games faster or being impatient, it's just about getting the info of when we can expect things. Some of us just want a simple way of getting that info and think it'll avoid a lot of redundancy, that's it.
What? I didn't quote you. I'm talking about what I'm talking about. It has nothing to do with patience and everything to do with information and effective communication.

I just got my KS Plague Road shipping notice, so they are for sure sending them out, so be on the look out.

EDIT: So now all my items have been shipped except last Friday orders.

All of those accounts should be permanent banned.
Seriously? Companies like LRG exist because of resale value. Even the people who are going to chime in with "I'm just a fan of physical" know that they can sell an LRG game at any time down the line and recoup a lot of the cost and possibly even make a profit.

Sorry, but I think your mentality is in the minority, just happens to be a more vocal one.

bread's done
Back