Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Are you all getting ship notifications for Ys standard or Collectors? I haven't gotten any notification yet.
Standard PS4 version. First the email Tuesday saying my order is on the way, then an email Wednesday. When I pull up my shipping info teh details say "When your tracking info is generated it will take between 1 - 7 business days to pack and be ready for pick-up by our shipping parternes UPS and Asendia.". So I'm not assuming it's on it's way yet since UPS doesn't have it in their system yet... but maybe by next weekend it'll show up.

Nothing for me yet on my CE bundle, so the notices may be for the standard version. Also, did Asdivine ever arrive, as that may be holding up my order, as I never saw any mention of that title being shipped either.
Asdivine shipped. I have a copy sitting on my bookshelf.

Are you all getting ship notifications for Ys standard or Collectors? I haven't gotten any notification yet.

I did get ship notification for flame in the flood two pack, but it's tracking number still shows awaiting USPS pick up.
Nothing's shipped for me- I had one order for each of the two CEs and 1 order for each of standard releases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing's shipped for me- I had one order for each of the two CEs and 1 order for each of standard releases.
Same here, ordered one of each platform bundle that included the CE and Asvidine, also still waiting on the FMV Friday Mega-Bundle.....Not a peep besides steam key for NT.

On the Skullgirls website in late July and deep in this thread somewhere, they say - "Assuming everything goes smoothly, the Graphics Approval step is estimated to take five days, the Proofing step is estimated to take two days, and then Printing and Assembly is estimated to take 3 weeks for PS4, and 4~5 weeks for PS Vita."

I know we are only a couple weeks past their proposed time frame, but does anyone know where things aren't going as smoothly as expected, and do you know how long the delay will be?

On the Skullgirls website in late July and deep in this thread somewhere, they say - "Assuming everything goes smoothly, the Graphics Approval step is estimated to take five days, the Proofing step is estimated to take two days, and then Printing and Assembly is estimated to take 3 weeks for PS4, and 4~5 weeks for PS Vita."

I know we are only a couple weeks past their proposed time frame, but does anyone know where things aren't going as smoothly as expected, and do you know how long the delay will be?
I just think it will be indefinitely and that makes my incoming heart attack that much easier to deal with.

Anyone know how re-open a ticket once it's been closed? They closed a ticket of mine and said to re-open a ticket if the issue wasn't resolved, but I don't know how to do that. Do I just reply to a closed ticket? 

On the Skullgirls website in late July and deep in this thread somewhere, they say - "Assuming everything goes smoothly, the Graphics Approval step is estimated to take five days, the Proofing step is estimated to take two days, and then Printing and Assembly is estimated to take 3 weeks for PS4, and 4~5 weeks for PS Vita."

They mentioned earlier in this thread that Skullgirls PS4 is coming in a few weeks.

Mainly by not caring.
This^

I never even noticed the poor font size on the backs of some of the games until it was mentioned here. I collect Vita games, and those cases are so damn small, and my eyes are so damn bad, it's not really something I'm concerned with either way.

How are you guys going to handle having some LRG games with ESRB logos/ratings and some without???
As long as the ESRB isn't on the spine it doesn't change the look of my collection at all. That said, I'm glad to see the ESRB will be on the games since that's one of the things that make a release look like real NA official releases.

ESRB or not they are US SCEA numbered releases produced by a US based company and must be imported from the US.  They have always been region 1 / USA / NA releases.  Changes nothing. Other than games will prob be more expensive so the middle man HOA like ESRB can get their cut of free money via extortion.

Anyone know how re-open a ticket once it's been closed? They closed a ticket of mine and said to re-open a ticket if the issue wasn't resolved, but I don't know how to do that. Do I just reply to a closed ticket?
If you can find the ticket on FreshDesk, just reply to it and it will re-open it. Or find the e-mail closing the ticket and reply to it.

​"We hope that the ticket was resolved to your satisfaction. If you feel that the ticket should not be closed or if the ticket has not been resolved, please reply to this email."

I got a Playism Key from LRG for Silver Case. I assume this for the 25th ward? When I redeem the Playism Key will I get another steam key for the whole game + new content? It looks like it but I figured I'd confirm first.

They have always been region 1
I think you need to go look at the back cover of all of your LRG games. All of the ones I own use the Region "ALL" designation. Ultimately none of this matters to me. I don't care what Region a game is but I challenge you to find an example of an LRG release with the Region logo box stating it's Region 1. I'm fairly positive (and I feel like I researched this and verified it before) that Dragon Fantasy TBTOI on Vita is technically the EU version on the cart since EU got that version while we only got the original Book 2 version on PSN. More lines blurred on what is the legit Region. Thankfully I don't collect by Region and don't have to think about that stuff let alone track down the other NA games that only released physically in Mexico. Not sure if Canada has any exclusives beyond cover art variants but it would suck having to track all of that. Anyway just had to point this out. That doesn't mean I believe they aren't legit releases, just they don't look like legit releases compared to regular retail games in great part due to the absent ESRB logo on the front and the ESRB box with explanations for the rating on the back.

I would think stuff that's already printed would be grandfathered in
Based on the delays, I'm guessing once the date was reached when this was required, any games released after then would have troubles. Otherwise, most of the games that should have been scheduled for this month would have happened otherwise.

ESRB uh, seems like paying protection to the mob in all honesty. As it isn't really benefiting anyone, especially in LRG case, but it's a way to get paid, for doing nothing. By saying you must have this, and you have to pay us to make it happen, otherwise "bad" things will happen. Extortion is extortion, no matter who is behind it.

I used to just color over parental advisories on cds so my mom wouldn't notice. You could try that.

I'm jealous of you guys getting your stuff shipped. I always uses to get mine early and be one of the first to say it arrived. Now it seems like I'm always last.

I'm jealous of you guys getting your stuff shipped. I always uses to get mine early and be one of the first to say it arrived. Now it seems like I'm always last.
Mine have always been all over the map. Some come quick, some when expected, and others......forget about it. LOL

Has anyone seen any updates for Skull Girls on Vita recently?

Skullgirls PS4 is coming very soon, maybe next month. And the Vita version is going through final round of cert and will likely arrive November.

Absolute Drift: Zen Edition coming out Oct 13, 2017

DKVUMK3VYAAXT89.jpg

I'd prefer the option others have mentioned with reversible covers without the ESRB logo.  Since the logo always has to face out, that means all reversible cover games would have the same orientation and you wouldn't have to double dip to get one of each sealed orientation.

LRG posted on Twitter yesterday that the PS4 release will start shipping in the second week of October. (As someone else mentioned, Vita should follow in November.)

It worked for the original Last House on the Left.
He'll have the first and only Night Trap copy rated E.

ESRB uh, seems like paying protection to the mob in all honesty. As it isn't really benefiting anyone, especially in LRG case, but it's a way to get paid, for doing nothing. By saying you must have this, and you have to pay us to make it happen, otherwise "bad" things will happen. Extortion is extortion, no matter who is behind it.
Before LRG, I thought all major console manufacturers required games to be ESRB rated before getting licensed - not from extortion fears from the ESRB but from fear of the US government coming in with its own rating requirement.

He'll have the first and only Night Trap copy rated E.

Before LRG, I thought all major console manufacturers required games to be ESRB rated before getting licensed - not from extortion fears from the ESRB but from fear of the US government coming in with its own rating requirement.
And like all things that are no longer needed, desperately scrabble to perpetuate their own existence long past their usefulness.

Did lrg sending the larger square checklists and stickers? Haven't gotten then last two I ordered. I know they were always throw ins but I've always gotten then.

Did lrg sending the larger square checklists and stickers? Haven't gotten then last two I ordered. I know they were always throw ins but I've always gotten then.
They've been transitioning to trading cards for the last few months. The post cards and stickers are all done at this point I believe.

They've been transitioning to trading cards for the last few months. The post cards and stickers are all done at this point I believe.
Thanks. That's too bad. I mean the cards are cool but I thought the other throw ins were really cool. The checklist thing was awesome. Reminded me of the old days collecting cards and getting a check list. Ah well.

What's the story was Lawbreakers? I'm waiting on a wonderboy two pack with lawbreakers CE and was under the impression it was suppose to ship out mid september.

Also I ran into this interview.  I wish the interviewers actually provided a quality interview however Doug really provides a great deal of info about the business side of the industry and the company. Some of it is the info that Doomstink has provided here, which is nice that they share some of their secrets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMaJHKXMyJk

Still, I really would like my copy of Skullgirls with Volume possibly before Christmas. :)

bread's done
Back