Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
After Ys variant I'm at the 13 games I'm waiting to receive and haven't yet now.

Skullgirls PS4, Skullgirls VIta, Volume (ordered with Skull girls), Lawbreakers, Lawbreakers/Wonderboy CE bundle, Flame of Flood double pack, Caladrius Blaze, Asdivine Hearts, Ys Collector Edition Vita, Ys Collector Edition PS4, & now Ys variant edition.

If I don't receive all of these items before Christmas there are going to be a lot of chargebacks coming their way.
Or you could sell me your preorders. Hehe

Smart. Second chance to purchase something I missed out on. At least I have the CEs for both coming someday. I'll probably just crack open the Vita version to play it now instead of opening the PS4 variant like I had planned..
Sweet, at least you have the CE's coming your way. I missed out on them, so I'm happy I was able to score this PAX variant.

Well, I managed to get one of these Ys Origin Variants; the first and only LRG game I actually want to play. And yeah I have an LE order that's yet to ship but...wow some of you guys like Amuro who has tons of stuff unfulfilled? WTF? 

1wx6wm.jpg

I really need a fresher pic to meme...

So now that this is done, when is lawbreakers shipping? I just want my damn Wonder boy games. It will be two months on Wednesday since I paid. September came and went, do the right thing and ship out the games that are being held back because of this.
I received my Wonderboy/Lawbreakers games today. They're probably on the way. Be patient fam.

Probably easy since the timing was messed up. I thought it was in another hour and I just checked in and it's gone. I even set an alarm on my phone based on the time remaining on their front page. Oh well.
The countdown is sometimes off for me... I can only think of once when item went live when it hit 0. Usually, within 5-10 seconds though.

I received my Wonderboy/Lawbreakers games today. They're probably on the way. Be patient fam.
Strange. I was just told 2 days ago they were still awaiting the "journals" for the lawbreakers LE.

Last edited by a moderator:
So... was there any more heads-up than the time they announced today? I was available to order at 2 pm my time but I had no idea it was going on sale today and I didn't see anything yesterday. :/

"Unfortunately we have not been able to pull the trigger on this until we received a shipment from Sony, but I did just receive confirmation that we have Lawbreakers PS4 copies in hand and will be shipping them out as quickly as possible this week. Orders containing Lawbreakers CE are still waiting on the included journal in manufacturing, so we expect these to ship by early October."

That's the text of my ticket response.

So... was there any more heads-up than the time they announced today? I was available to order at 2 pm my time but I had no idea it was going on sale today and I didn't see anything yesterday. :/
In fairness, they kept the communication minimal due to the fact that they only had 700 copies left. Even so, they did send out a Tweet or two and an e-mail to the LRG mailing list.

After Ys variant I'm at the 13 games I'm waiting to receive and haven't yet now.

Skullgirls PS4, Skullgirls VIta, Volume (ordered with Skull girls), Lawbreakers, Lawbreakers/Wonderboy CE bundle, Flame of Flood double pack, Caladrius Blaze, Asdivine Hearts, Ys Collector Edition Vita, Ys Collector Edition PS4, & now Ys variant edition.

If I don't receive all of these items before Christmas there are going to be a lot of chargebacks coming their way.
Why? They're getting 'em out as quickly as they can. Does the wait suck? Yeah, totally. But you can't get these things anywhere else. I don't understand the thought process of this at all. So you'll do a charge back, which definitely fucks them over, and then you can pay eBay prices if you still want those games. Great plan!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

they mentioned it during the weekend. They mentioned the time delay on Twitter this morning.

Sounds like a good time to bow out of the collecting business if you can't handle the stress of delayed deliveries. For me personally, I just order some of their releases (not all by far), and whenever they arrive, that's fine. I don't open them anyway, they're for my collection.

Why? They're getting 'em out as quickly as they can. Does the wait suck? Yeah, totally. But you can't get these things anywhere else. I don't understand the thought process of this at all. So you'll do a charge back, which definitely fucks them over, and then you can pay eBay prices if you still want those games. Great plan!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Two plus months isn't patient enough? Has LRG even made a statement about it? They are quick to defend themselves but when a problem arises then what?!? I've yet to receive any sort of communication from them on any delay. I've received two orders that they could have sent out with the in house merchandise already in hand with said accompanying orders. My CC has been charged and already paid..... so where's my shit? I don't think that's too much to ask for.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the Y's CE's already accounted for but the games were going to be MOD? Was everything MOD? I'm trying to figure out what the hold up is on this one, it's hard to keep up with all the unfulfilled orders? =\

I been watching it for weeks and i missed it. Been busy with work and forgotten Monday released. I like wednesday or Friday Release date much better on Monday.

Cuphead being an Xbox One and PC exclusive at the moment might mean this wouldn't be released by LRG, but a physical disk or LE would be awesome. Hopefully if MS allows this to be released on PS4 or Switch someday. Hell I'd even buy it again for Xbox if they released it.

Managed to grab the Ys variant yesterday. Kinda makes me regret ordering the Vita version, but this cover was too good and scarce to not have. Plus, Falcom.

Cuphead being an Xbox One and PC exclusive at the moment might mean this wouldn't be released by LRG, but a physical disk or LE would be awesome. Hopefully if MS allows this to be released on PS4 or Switch someday. Hell I'd even buy it again for Xbox if they released it.
I know it's on the record that Xbox releases are off the table; LRG even shut it down when someone asked over the weekend on Twitter. I just can't remember why. I'd love to hear the logistics that allow a small company like LRG to publish PS4 and Vita games in tiny pressings but why Microsoft and Nintendo don't play ball.

If I recall it's due to Sony allowing smaller prints, while MS and Nintendo have minimum print requirements.

If I recall it's due to Sony allowing smaller prints, while MS and Nintendo have minimum print requirements.
Yeah, MS minimums are to high and with "N", it's a matter of wanting to use resources for current larger retail releases Vs small runs of games. I personally call complete BS on that, as it's another version of "please understand". While it might sound logical, and a good excuse, there are hardly large runs of any games at retail in general, as most of the games on the NS are digital anyways.

EDIT: And to answer the original question, Sony allows for pretty small runs, as in the end, it's only free promotion for Sony products in general, and a way to help indie publishers as well. "N" and MS could honestly care less.

Yeah, MS minimums are to high and with "N", it's a matter of wanting to use resources for current larger retail releases Vs small runs of games. I personally call complete BS on that, as it's another version of "please understand". While it might sound logical, and a good excuse, there are hardly large runs of any games at retail in general, as most of the games on the NS are digital anyways.

EDIT: And to answer the original question, Sony allows for pretty small runs, as in the end, it's only free promotion for Sony products in general, and a way to help indie publishers as well. "N" and MS could honestly care less.
IIRC Nintendo has a very firm policy regarding physical titles on Switch and that the physical price MUST be the same price as the digital price. LRG wouldn't be able to up charge like they do to cover production costs and such.

IIRC Nintendo has a very firm policy regarding physical titles on Switch and that the physical price MUST be the same price as the digital price. LRG wouldn't be able to up charge like they do to cover production costs and such.
Don't think that's true. Isn't Rime launching on Switch with a $10 hike physical vs. digital?

Uh, OK? I'm no expert on the NS library, but don't they have physical games that are priced higher than the digital versions? Also, the information I stated came from Josh, in regards to why they won't play ball currently.

I think it's just an excuse to not deal with them, and I'm guessing at a later date when cart production is up, LRG will get another excuse, but I would love to see some NS indies get some physical versions. Sadly, where "N" is involved, I won't be holding my breath.

Sadly, according to the Cuphead developers a ps4 port is off the table.

StudioMDHR's "Director of Experience" Ryan Moldenhauer told Eurogamer: "It's 100 per cent true. Cuphead is a console exclusive for Xbox One. There will be no PS4 version."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-05-cuphead-will-never-come-to-ps4

So has anyone else setup an exchange for a damaged item with LRG, sent it in, and *then* had them tell you they had no copies left to exchange?  Just happened to me for my first exchange with them and I guess I'm not impressed with LRG's customer service.

Don't think that's true. Isn't Rime launching on Switch with a $10 hike physical vs. digital?
My understanding with RIME is that for the physical version, they get away with the $10 increase because they are including a download of the soundtrack which is a $10 value. At the very least, that's how they explain it on their website.

Uh, OK? I'm no expert on the NS library, but don't they have physical games that are priced higher than the digital versions?
I could be mistaken, hence the "IIRC", but I can't think of a game that is truly an exception to that statement.

So has anyone else setup an exchange for a damaged item with LRG, sent it in, and *then* had them tell you they had no copies left to exchange? Just happened to me for my first exchange with them and I guess I'm not impressed with LRG's customer service.
Sounds like a bunch of BS. They always tout how they make sure they have copies for replacements and sales later in the year. I'd maybe go tweet at Josh or Doug if the CS folks are being tools again.

So has anyone else setup an exchange for a damaged item with LRG, sent it in, and *then* had them tell you they had no copies left to exchange? Just happened to me for my first exchange with them and I guess I'm not impressed with LRG's customer service.
No, but that's pretty crappy. In general, I think LRG's replacement policy is pretty poor. Customers should not have to pay return shipping on damaged items since LRG chooses the carrier and packaging and it's not the customer's fault that LRG's carrier damaged the item. If they had you send them something that they had no ability to replace, this is something Josh and Douglas need to address.

Sounds like a bunch of BS. They always tout how they make sure they have copies for replacements and sales later in the year. I'd maybe go tweet at Josh or Doug if the CS folks are being tools again.
Good idea, thanks. I don't use twitter much but hopefully I can get through to them.

Not that it means that much but I just got a shipping confirmation about my Ys CE. Hopefully that means it's going to ship soon but we will see.

It's not a hard and fast rule. Look at Axiom Verge, for instance:

...and that's the regular physical release of Axiom Verge, not the Multiverse Edition which is $39.99.

Yeah. The only time I have contacted their CS they told me no exchange past 30 days. It was 2 or 3 months after the game came out I noticed the bottom of the case was shattered. It was absolutely my own fault for not noticing sooner. Still, it would have been nice if they could have helped me out; they should have had replacement copies still.

It's not a hard and fast rule. Look at Axiom Verge, for instance:

...and that's the regular physical release of Axiom Verge, not the Multiverse Edition which is $39.99.
I was only looking at previously released titles. But that sounds like even if it was true, it is no longer the case.

Two plus months isn't patient enough? Has LRG even made a statement about it? They are quick to defend themselves but when a problem arises then what?!? I've yet to receive any sort of communication from them on any delay. I've received two orders that they could have sent out with the in house merchandise already in hand with said accompanying orders. My CC has been charged and already paid..... so where's my shit? I don't think that's too much to ask for.
Also correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the Y's CE's already accounted for but the games were going to be MOD? Was everything MOD? I'm trying to figure out what the hold up is on this one, it's hard to keep up with all the unfulfilled orders? =\
Hit the nail on the head and LRG and the defenders (who don't even play the games screwed up mentality) disappear.

Notice they refuse to say anything? Always said they are shady about stuff like this.

As others mentioned, it's strange they would do this only to tell you they don't have replacements left. Would you mind sharing what game it is you're trying to replace?

Managed to grab the Ys variant yesterday. Kinda makes me regret ordering the Vita version, but this cover was too good and scarce to not have. Plus, Falcom.

I know it's on the record that Xbox releases are off the table; LRG even shut it down when someone asked over the weekend on Twitter. I just can't remember why. I'd love to hear the logistics that allow a small company like LRG to publish PS4 and Vita games in tiny pressings but why Microsoft and Nintendo don't play ball.
Because MS and Nintendo won't let them produce fake scarcity if they don't want to make enough for everybody. Pretty ironic coming from Nintendo.

This throttling is actually a good thing or we'd have 12+ games every Friday from LRG alone and it's inevitable more people would miss out with so many things to add to cart. It's hectic enough as it is.

Hopefully Vita comes to a close or at least significantly winds down before they are allowed to do Switch. Because you know LRG would abuse the hell out of 3+ platforms with CEs and 3+ cover variants and you'd be faced with having to double dip 9+ times for a single release if you were collecting for those platforms. Two games on one weekend and you're talking 18 items per Friday or be faced with walking away from your 99.99% complete Vita library or other.

They seriously need to chill on the excessive variants. It's intentionally predatory and dirty. They claim to be doing this for collectors but they really aren't doing any favors for anyone by inserting themselves into a position with the power to fuck over NA/ESRB collectors by creating a situation where people will miss out by fractions of seconds on a weekly basis.

As others mentioned, it's strange they would do this only to tell you they don't have replacements left. Would you mind sharing what game it is you're trying to replace?
It's the stupid Lili Limited Edition that I should have never bought. It seemed too expensive but I caved.

Saw the convo on twitter, that really sucks.  You'd figure they would've been able to tell you they couldn't replace it before they had you send them your copy.

Saw the convo on twitter, that really sucks. You'd figure they would've been able to tell you they couldn't replace it before they had you send them your copy.
Yeah, that would have still been unfortunate (for me) but at least understandable. I actually hadn't even noticed Josh's reply until your comment so thanks for the notification :razz:

Interesting that he mentioned they're getting more slipcovers as that's what was damaged on mine and I even asked if replacing just the slipcover would be possible and was told no.

bread's done
Back