Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
man, the hype train sure has died around here with releases
Is it just me, or have the CAG forums sort of died over the past 12 months? What's happened?...

:edit: Also, 4,000 copies for these two games seem like a lot. I'm really curious how fast they sell out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me, or have the CAG forums sort of died over the past 12 months? What's happened?...

:edit: Also, 4,000 copies for these two games seem like a lot. I'm really curious how fast they sell out.
I agree. Print run should have been lower all things considered, but at least everyone who wants will get it easily.

hehz.jpg

Damn, 4000 of each? What the hell where they thinking? LOL

Maybe the publisher wanted that many, but the PS4 user base has been growing, so maybe 4000 will be the new low end amount for lesser known games. Honestly, I've never heard of either of these titles, but I could probably say that about 50% of the games LRG offers.

Hopefully we get some announcements soon for the November releases, as I need to start plotting my funds, since the holidays are around the corner.

Maybe the publisher wanted that many, but the PS4 user base has been growing, so maybe 4000 will be the new low end amount for lesser known games. Honestly, I've never heard of either of these titles, but I could probably say that about 50% of the games LRG offers.

Hopefully we get some announcements soon for the November releases, as I need to start plotting my funds, since the holidays are around the corner.
Windjammers is supposedly one of the confirmed November titles. Not sure of any others yet.

Things seem pretty much business as usual. Outside of the deals forum CAG has always seemed pretty much dead (IMO). Here, we have more mega threads than the old days, but once you dial into the ones you are interested in it's pretty easy to stay on top of the deals.

If you were just talking about this thread... look over the last few weeks and count the posts up... seems like the conversations flow pretty good even when we have no info about what is coming next or when the next sale will even happen.

man, the hype train sure has died around here with releases
Peeps just don't care about these specific releases. There's just not a lot to discuss if you've already decided they aren't worth your cash.

Looks like it's going to sell out fine. Plus you gotta remember too they pull around 10% (maybe more) since they stock actual physical stores now as well as their trade booth. So only around 3600... (and it may even be fewer) of each game is actually making it to be on sale and then only just over half of them are in the AM slot. It's a nice way to divide up a larger number and make it seem like it's selling faster than it is.

Personally, I'm hoping for a Top Gear Collection.
I was talking to one of my kids about the Top Gear games just this week as I brought up the SNES and the games me and my friends got together to play during my early college years. The Top Gear, Mortal Kombat, and Street Fighter series dominated. Such great multiplayer games. I wonder if a big hindrance to getting these games ported would be the unrelated tv series being so huge and well known?

Windjammers is supposedly one of the confirmed November titles. Not sure of any others yet.
Yeah, I was aware of that one, since it was originally supposed to be an October title. But until they give an actual date for WJ, I'll just keep that on the "coming soon" list. LOL

I don't get the hype for Windjammers. I've been afraid to say that because everyone seems so psyched for it. I get it that its a retro reboot but it looks like a digital airhockey to me. If I don't play multiplayer it doesn't seem fun...and I don't. 

People lose their shit over rocket league too and I couldn't care less about that. 

Skipped Absolute Drift as I really don't care about cars and their physics. Chariot, on the other hand, looks absolutely brilliant, so I'm pretty excited to get this one! 

I don't get the hype for Windjammers. I've been afraid to say that because everyone seems so psyched for it. I get it that its a retro reboot but it looks like a digital airhockey to me. If I don't play multiplayer it doesn't seem fun...and I don't.

People lose their shit over rocket league too and I couldn't care less about that.
Your description of Windjammers is spot on, as it is air hockey, and I'm hyped for it due to being able to play others online. Otherwise, it would serve no purpose for me as a single player game, as I can play it right now on my 3DS if I so desired(actually I did just a few days ago). LOL

While I haven't played Rocket League yet, several of my friends do, and after watching many hours of play, I can see how great of a game it is. Easy to learn, hard to master, like any good multiplayer game. And while I don't have a next gen system yet, my son will have a NS soon, so I can then play with my friends cross platform, which is way cool.

Not all games, appeal to all people, as I don't understand or care for half the things discussed on CAG. But if we all liked the same things, we would all be the same person, which would suck ass!

Not all games, appeal to all people, as I don't understand or care for half the things discussed on CAG. But if we all liked the same things, we would all be the same person, which would suck ass!
As my grandpa always said, ‘if we all liked the same things, then everyone would be after your grandma’.

Your description of Windjammers is spot on, as it is air hockey, and I'm hyped for it due to being able to play others online. Otherwise, it would serve no purpose for me as a single player game, as I can play it right now on my 3DS if I so desired(actually I did just a few days ago). LOL

While I haven't played Rocket League yet, several of my friends do, and after watching many hours of play, I can see how great of a game it is. Easy to learn, hard to master, like any good multiplayer game. And while I don't have a next gen system yet, my son will have a NS soon, so I can then play with my friends cross platform, which is way cool.

Well said! Of course you are right, I've just seen pretty much universal hype for this title and it surprises me because there's always someone to complain haha.

Is LRG down for anyone else?

I'm old timer here and the site in general is a former shell of itself. It feels like it's been on a decline in activity over the past few years. In the past, nearly every section of the forums were pretty active but now it's the basically the VG deals section and a handful of other thread. And in most active threads, there's always a group of regulars and it's always hard to join in/follow if you don't visit regularly.

Kinda have the same thoughts but I never played it back in the day. A lot of those arcade-y type, pick up and play games can be fun though for short bursts of gaming.

The morning batch has sold out.

LGR brand has gotten strong... because I thought that would of taken longer than it has.

Forums are what you think they are.

I'd rather have this, than try to follow any semblance of a conversation in a single popular thread on NeoGAF. Those threads fly at the speed of light with 50 posts every hour, and are filled with people that just want their turn to talk but don't read any of the replies. 

question:

I havent bought many LR things, but purchased the Y's origins LE a few weeks ago. I got a tracking number for shipping sent to me on october 5th, so a week ago, but it still says 'USPS Awaiting Item' today. Does they usually do this? Do they send the tracking number super early and then actually ship it later? or is something sketch going on with my item?

question:

I havent bought many LR things, but purchased the Y's origins LE a few weeks ago. I got a tracking number for shipping sent to me on october 5th, so a week ago, but it still says 'USPS Awaiting Item' today. Does they usually do this? Do they send the tracking number super early and then actually ship it later? or is something sketch going on with my item?
Yes, that's pretty typical. I wouldn't worry about it.

question:

Sadly, it's becoming the new norm for sure. I used to always get updates within a few days, now a week is pretty standard. And once it does ship, expect about 1-2 weeks for delivery as well.

Windjammers is a blast, but I guess it might not be for everyone, especially if you dont play multiplayer.

A friend of mine bought it on PSN and we spent about 4 hours playing ranked online matches, alternating between rounds. It was incredibly intense, and the game has a surprising amount of depth. Online play was sometimes laggy, however I think the player count was low as we could see the country flags of the people we were playing against, and over half were not based in the US.

I would love to play with people on CAG once the physical copies get shipped.

Forums are what you think they are.

I'd rather have this, than try to follow any semblance of a conversation in a single popular thread on NeoGAF. Those threads fly at the speed of light with 50 posts every hour, and are filled with people that just want their turn to talk but don't read any of the replies.
I'd prefer that over

tumbleweed.jpg

Have people been getting their PAX variant Ys or Caladrius Blaze already? I haven't even gotten an email for a tracking number for either yet...

Debating on snagging a copy of Absolute Drift, or paying 5 bucks more and waiting until it hits my local game shop lol

So I couldn't access LRG today... and I think it's because my work is blocking the site. I can go to CAG, eBay, reddit, and a bunch of other sites without issue, but not LRG.:whistle2:

So I couldn't access LRG today... and I think it's because my work is blocking the site. I can go to CAG, eBay, reddit, and a bunch of other sites without issue, but not LRG. :whistle2:k
Does your job have the thought police monitoring what sights employees visit? If so, they may have blocked it, but I can't see why they would, unless someone has a grudge with LRG. LOL

Does LRG sell releases in bulk to smaller B&M stores?

A small mom and pop store a friend of mine knows got a shipment of Ys Origin CEs I think 12-15 of em. Figured they would have been cancelled so I was curious.

A small mom and pop store a friend of mine knows got a shipment of Ys Origin CEs I think 12-15 of em. Figured they would have been cancelled so I was curious.
For the standard, it wouldn't been understandable since there was no limit, but the CEs seem weird for them to get that in bulk.

They sell to mom & pop shops, so that is normal. As far as the qty or "bulk", I don't know, but they do sell stock to smaller shops so local fans can get their games without having to pay a mark up on Ebay. Which I always thought was cool of them to do.

My work blocks anything gaming related, but I can access NSFW subreddits because they host on imgur...

I used to be able to access the shop but not the forum, and now the shop is blocked too. Sucks because now I have very little chance of getting anything second batch. I have to go outside for my 4G, and even then 4G is slow.

What a random site to block.
They sell to mom & pop shops, so that is normal. As far as the qty or "bulk", I don't know, but they do sell stock to smaller shops so local fans can get their games without having to pay a mark up on Ebay. Which I always thought was cool of them to do.
I just don't get it... it's super weird. I've been using it for the past 1+ at work without issue. I thought the site was down this morning and I checked just before leaving and it was still not loading. But people were using it fine based on the posts here. I tried diff browsers, incognito mode, nothing. I turn off wifi on my phone and it loaded up on data just fine and that's when I realized it was blocked.

I'm gonna have to remember to try some other Shopify sites and see if it blocks those too... maybe it's something to do with Shopify's security or something.

That, or someone in our IT team doesn't want LRG competition.:lol:

Still over 300 copies of each game available. Not an end of the world thing but it just shows they were really close with the estimate on these two games.

I just don't get it... it's super weird.
Speaking from someone that's been handling most aspects of tech for several companies, it's likely LRG (for whatever reason) landed on one of the big block lists that are referenced by various devices for net protection. If you talk to your it folks nicely you may find thy have no idea what LRG even is and will whitelist it. Considering sales only happen periodically on fridays and last only a few min or so, they may just be cool and get it added for you.

I'd encourage anyone else to do the same. Speaking as someone in the know, unless someone brings me a problem they are having ... I'm likely not going to do anything about it. It would be more likely we'd block Facebook or something that is typically abused than a site like this which is why I'm sure it just got on a blacklist. The dudes at LRG, if they had the personelle to handle it (which we know they can't add one single page to the site and maintain it with ship dates so this is not likely to happen) could hit all the blacklist sites and make sure they clear up being miss labeled.

Additionally LRG is hosted in Canada, so it could also be a regional block... but that should have happens ages ago if it was an issue and not now unless the company installed a new filter blocking foreign IP ranges.

I'm gonna have to remember to try some other Shopify sites and see if it blocks those too... maybe it's something to do with Shopify's security or something.

That, or someone in our IT team doesn't want LRG competition. :lol:
Thats why you become the IT guy. Source route your traffic out directly with a route map to bypass transparent proxies/proxy redirects and QoS your traffic higher than everyone else's :D. LRG traffic should clearly be matched and tagged DSCP 46 :whistle2:

I just use my phone, it's faster anyway XD

I believe the fine print for that mummy game had copywrite information for a big movie studio attached to it. So maybe not.
This.

As much as (we all) want a physical copy of this new Wayforward game, there's plenty of strings attached to this game before that even happens mostly being Universal Pictures (and parent companies GE & Comcast) so it all depends on that BIG "if".

Since the movie bombed if it's even worth the $$$ to bother to them. If it doesn't help the bottom line the suits will write the game off as promotional and let it die. (see Scott Pilgrim)

Sadly I think this is a digital only title like some of their other ones like Mighty Switch Force and the like.

Call me surprised if it actually DOES get a "limited" release. Heh. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

I feel like Universal should want to recoup anything they can here. Who knows? I'd love to give it a physical run. Maybe I could convince them by saying it could be a Universal theme park exclusive beyond our site.

Still over 300 copies of each game available. Not an end of the world thing but it just shows they were really close with the estimate on these two games.
Part of me has to wonder wonder if those 600+ copies would have gone to an "overly obsessive collector" or "douche bag scalper," but with completionists being turned off by what was an impossibly expensive release schedule at the end of this summer, the fire is gone after missing a copy or two and now they can breathe easy knowing they won't be buying games they won't play. I'll never understand why any of you thought it was a bad thing for LRG games to be popular enough for resellers and dedicated collectors, considering their model wouldn't otherwise work without them.

Of course the games LRG releases are objectively good, but they are also objectively 10x more expensive than their digital counterparts when the sales hit PSN. One has to admit that we didn't collectively drop $180K on 6,000 copies of Mutant Mudd copies so they may all be preserved for historical purposes - most were collected or flipped. If those frenzied vibes don't hang around, LRG might have to significantly cut back the number of games they publish, and none of us win in that scenario.

bread's done
Back