Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Are you ever going to buy a PS4
I was planning to get one this holiday, but I've still got PS3/360 games to finish, so probably not. LOL

If and when a good enough deal happens, I'll grab one, as I was going to get a slim($200 or under was my buy in point). But now I might just wait it out for the pro a few years from now, as there's no games I need to have now, that can't wait awhile. Then the Pro should be at $200, and there will for sure be better AAA games at $20 and under as well by then(more GOTY editions at cheaper prices).

I did finally buy my sons NS yesterday, so there's some forward movement, as I've been talking about that forever as well. LOL Sadly, he got in trouble at school yesterday, so I haven't even bothered to hook it up. Which sucks, as I really wanted to give Mario Odyssey a try. But at least it's here, and I have a screen protector, case, etc for it, so once he shapes up, it's game on.

Honestly, I would have caved on today's CEs for $59.99 apiece lol.  Still itching to pull the trigger here during the 5pm sale.

hey does the La Mulana 20pg instruction manual not come in the SE version?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that the La-Mulana CE seems a bit pricey for what it is. Honestly, though, I appreciate really nice box design on a CE. I care more about that than some of the useless trinkets thrown into some CEs. If I'm displaying CEs then I want to look at great box art. Most of the contents of CEs I don't care about and will never use/enjoy other than soundtracks in some cases and books. Posters, trinkets, etc do nothing for me. I applaud LRG for putting effort into making nice looking boxes since they are attractive to display.

Did you skip Summon Night 6? Do you own any copies of any Working Designs release from the 90s? Working Designs pioneered variants and sometimes took it to any absolutely insane level.

Why not just buy one copy if it is a game that interests you? We'll have quite a bit of extra cover sheets for 2064, provided they come back safely to our warehouse. If just having the cover sheets would make you feel better about owning a copy of the game, I can probably get you whichever two you end up missing.

But seriously, there are more than five variants for Summon Night 6. As far as I've been able to glean - there is a light and dark cover (randomly packaged sealed, but reversible) and several variants on the disc or cartridge art. Not only that but there is special cover art in the Wonderful Edition that has a clean back instead of one with text and screenshots. The Wonderful Edition also has one out of three plushies in it and it's totally random which one you get. I can't imagine how many different permutations there are for this game across the standard and Wonderful Edition.

If that cover offer extends to me I would take it, haha. Normally I don't care about variants but I love all 3 of the artwork choices there.

Honestly, I would have caved on today's CEs for $59.99 apiece lol. Still itching to pull the trigger here during the 5pm sale.

hey does the La Mulana 20pg instruction manual not come in the SE version?

I don't believe it does which is a shame. It was the only contents of the CE I was interested in. I love the inclusion of soundtracks but La Mulana's music is not something I'd ever listen to on its own.

I’m just glad that the reseller hype has died down and those us that really want these releases can get them pretty easily. Now that 95% of past releases can be had on eBay for basically retail including CEs, I can get some past releases I missed out on when resellers were stalking LRG releases hoping to retire off them.

Expect an email if you were on the Night Trap PS4 waiting list. Each email contains a unique code that will reduce the price of our Night Trap listing to its regular retail price. Just add it to your cart here: https://limitedrungames.com/collections/sold-out/products/limited-run-74-night-trap-ps4?variant=43337253827 and enter the code at checkout. The $74.99 price that is listed is just there to make sure copies of the game stay in stock for people with the discount codes.
Any updates for Plague Road/Oceanhorn waiting list?

Wait, the La Mulana CE has a manual that would, like, go in the Vita case, but the normal one doesn't?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wait, the La Mulana CE has a manual that would, like, go in the Vita case, but the normal one doesn't?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
No, the manual is oversize and odd shaped, so it won't fit in the Vita case which is why it wasn't included in the standard edition.

Nope not a standard manual
Damn, that sucks, as I didn't even know this had a manual offered. I would have liked to have it, but not at the CE price. And since it doesn't fit in the case, another reason not to be to disappointed.

If the manual doesn't fit in the case, is it really a manual? LOL

Damn, that sucks, as I didn't even know this had a manual offered. I would have liked to have it, but not at the CE price. And since it doesn't fit in the case, another reason not to be to disappointed.

If the manual doesn't fit in the case, is it really a manual? LOL
Thats basically every big box PC game

I also really, really, really prefer PA's style of CEs. A smaller, high quality, reasonable package with an artbook and a sound track or something like that. People just don't have room for these huge monstrosities.
and its usually around $35. and PA is known for scalper prices.

2064 looks interesting but I'm really not a fan of running pixel art games on the PS4. Apparently there will be a Switch port, so am holding out on that if a physical version ever happens.

I thought these were limited? Still available after 5 minutes. :bomb:
You'll live. :roll:

After being on the fence about Nex Machina earlier, I decided to get a copy after noticing it was available last night. As of this posting it looks like there are still some copies available. A lot of people are speaking highly of it, so I'll give it a shot.

Will there be a standard edition bundle for vita games on Dec 1st? Low print runs and allowing 2 copies of each seem like it’s going to be really hard to get both in while still checking out

Not to hate, but yes the Play Asia limited editions are the perfect format and my favorite of all the small batch series. You can always get $3 off your order and $4 shipping from PA. Also, the preorder system at PA makes everything stress and frustration free imho. All of my games have been shipped in a box and covered in bubble wrap too.

Stickers, soundtrack, game, manual, and numbered card all kept in a standard size beautiful outer box. All of the releases look beautiful on the shelf. I'm out of the LRG game at this point, mainly due to the infinite release schedule (besides my Skullgirls and Windjammers), but I am so excited for the continually expanding PA releases.

PA versions of Cursed Castilla and Ghost Blade HD are my top 2 favorites.

Yeah, I'm super hyped for the Vita version of Cursed Castilla. I still can't believe everything that is included for $35, it's fuck ing Insane! LOL
I laugh that lrg sold the same type of items for 65 yesterday , yet play Asia does it for 35 with only 5 dollar shipping and better packaging .

Plays Asia is new to the game of limited games and does it better.

I agree with everyone else here about the PA CE boxes, they're really well done and feel like premium products at budget prices. I'm not a fan of the LRG "big box" CEs, much prefer the smaller PA style. I had a huge collection of older big box PC CEs, getting rid of those because they're annoying (although the artwork on some of them is very cool).

I laugh that lrg sold the same type of items for 65 yesterday , yet play Asia does it for 35 with only 5 dollar shipping and better packaging .

Plays Asia is new to the game of limited games and does it better.
PA CE of Alchemic Jousts was $17 at launch

I do like the size of the PA releases. They’re compact and fit on the shelf well. The price is also more palatable. The problem for me is that the packages are pretty plain and I don’t really care about the extras.

The LRG CE have amazing artwork though and that’s something I like to have on display rather than stuffed on the shelf.

I don’t really care for soundtracks though, so paying more than double the price is a tough pill to swallow.

It was stated that due to PlayAsia not being US-based, the prices they pay for product development is much lower.

Will agree 100%, though. The uniform look, compact design and consistent extra goodies of PlayAsia's offerings is the current standard limited releases.

You'll live. :roll:
After being on the fence about Nex Machina earlier, I decided to get a copy after noticing it was available last night. As of this posting it looks like there are still some copies available. A lot of people are speaking highly of it, so I'll give it a shot.
I guess my facetious sarcasm didn't transfer well via text.

Play Asia is definitely killing it on their releases.
Play-Asia has been around for a long time, and I certainly order from them fairly frequently. Excellent c/s, and some really cool sales now and then. Have never had a problem with buying from them. As for these limited releases, interesting that PA also has Wonder Boy -- at a cheaper price ;-)

Interesting the La-Mulana EX CE is still available while the standard copies sold quick.  I think the split between the 2 versions should've been at least 2:1.

Probably because the CE is expensive and a good portion of the customers would rather just buy the Standard :lol:
Yeah, that was a lot of extra green for mostly non interesting items. The poster was the best item, but folded, not so much.

EDIT: I would have been happy to pay for the poster on it's own, and have it sent rolled in a tube. Having them folded in these CE pretty much renders them useless, but I have framed a few over the years where the creases are in good spots, and not easily seen.

Personally, I don't see what the big deal about these box sizes is all about.  I got rid of my shelves and stack LRG big box releases on the floor.  Actually, I'd prefer poster-sized boxes so the poster inside doesn't have to be all rolled up.  The box could even have a plastic window showing the poster full-size, then I could hang each release on the wall.  Since I'm cheap, I'll just nail the box in place or something.

Personally, I don't see what the big deal about these box sizes is all about. I got rid of my shelves and stack LRG big box releases on the floor. Actually, I'd prefer poster-sized boxes so the poster inside doesn't have to be all rolled up. The box could even have a plastic window showing the poster full-size, then I could hang each release on the wall. Since I'm cheap, I'll just nail the box in place or something.
Works for you but for the most of us we don't keep out games on the floor.

Be advised that if the package gets lost in transit, PA Customer Service takes forever to settle it.
This! Play Asia customer service sucks ass. When an item shows up 2.5 months after getting a tracking number is absurd. Trying to get more information on the delay was riddled with just wait replies.

Pretty sure I've voiced this here before but I'm not really a fan of LRG's CE boxes either. The size is awkward like a big box PC title and I don't like the fact that they don't include any console branding on the box. They'd fit right in with an old school PC collection but look odd with a PS4/Vita collection imo. Also seems to me that CE runs should be closer to 1500 rather than 2500 for most titles.

Yeah, that was a lot of extra green for mostly non interesting items. The poster was the best item, but folded, not so much.

EDIT: I would have been happy to pay for the poster on it's own, and have it sent rolled in a tube. Having them folded in these CE pretty much renders them useless, but I have framed a few over the years where the creases are in good spots, and not easily seen.
Only poster I took the time to get framed is the Persona 4 Dancing All Night Pre Order Poster from Gamestop. It looks like. :lol:

Man, I've never seen the vinyl struggle so bad to sell either.  And those tshirt sales are just sad - they've said "only 4 left" since early Friday morning.  Goes to show that some games just deserve a standard release with nothing else as their fanbase isn't big enough to support all the extra items.

I really hope these slow sales of the CEs will get LRG to realize that maybe they were priced a little high.  Y's Origin CE just seemed of poor quality with how cheap everything felt and how the contents were just flopping around inside the package without being secured.  As other people have already posted it just seemed like a big box PC release.  Hope these two CEs are much better considering the price. I also wouldn't want a 4 disc soundtrack carelessly packed as that could lead to big jewel case scratches.

New games put up for 12/1:

Windjammers (PS4) - $29.99 (3800 copies)

https://www.limitedrungames.com/collections/games/products/limited-run-92-windjammers-ps4

Windjammers (Vita) - $29.99 (3000 copies)

https://www.limitedrungames.com/collections/games/products/limited-run-91-windjammers-vita

Claire: Extended Cut (PS4) - $24.99 (2500 copies)

https://www.limitedrungames.com/collections/games/products/limited-run-102-claire-extended-cut-ps4

Claire: Extended Cut (Vita) - $24.99 (2500 copies)

https://www.limitedrungames.com/collections/games/products/limited-run-101-claire-extended-cut-vita

There also is supposed to be a Windjammers CE that isn't listed yet.

And those tshirt sales are just sad - they've said "only 4 left" since early Friday morning.
You comment made me curious. Fangamer T-shirts are usually pretty nice.

"Only 4 left" applies to the Unisex size XS

It appears some sizes started with a single digit quality, others do not state a quantity.

Seems odd all the remaining games are hovering at less than 10% since this morning.  With the limit lifted, I figured they would have sold out by now.

Man, I've never seen the vinyl struggle so bad to sell either. And those tshirt sales are just sad - they've said "only 4 left" since early Friday morning. Goes to show that some games just deserve a standard release with nothing else as their fanbase isn't big enough to support all the extra items.

I really hope these slow sales of the CEs will get LRG to realize that maybe they were priced a little high. Y's Origin CE just seemed of poor quality with how cheap everything felt and how the contents were just flopping around inside the package without being secured. As other people have already posted it just seemed like a big box PC release. Hope these two CEs are much better considering the price. I also wouldn't want a 4 disc soundtrack carelessly packed as that could lead to big jewel case scratches.
We've sold over 100 shirts. There's no risk on our end since we're selling them on behalf of Fangamer. 100 shirts in two days is actually really good. We've also sold 450 vinyl records - again, no major risk there - there's only 50 left and they'll all sell eventually.

The 4 in-stock shirts are Unisex XS. As you can probably guess, most of our customers wear Large and up.

Things don't always "flop around" in our CEs. The art book for Ys did because it's a large size and occupies most of the tray. Games and soundtracks are always nicely affixed into fitted tray inserts (even with Ys). In response to the Ys feedback we created a fitted sleeve to hold printed stuff so it wouldn't "flop around". The art prints for Nex Machina will be held in one.

For an example of a CE where things don't flop around - take a look at our Wonder Boy CE, which we received overwhelmingly positive feedback on. Things are nicely held in place.

The Wonder Boy CE was $64.99. It came with a soundtrack CD, folded poster, and trading cards. I don't understand why that CE has been so well loved by those that got it, but these similarly specced and priced CEs are being met with so much negative backlash. Is it because Ys was underwhelming and people are judging based solely on that? Is it because Wonder Boy has strong resale value and Ys does not? I just don't get it.

Regardless of what anyone's perception is here, this weekend's CE releases have sold very well - we probably could have printed 100 or 200 less and been fine but we wanted to make sure we could meet demand.

This nonsense where people feel the need to analyze a sale like it was a failure, just because it stayed in stock for more than a few minutes, has to stop. People can't want us to better serve demand while still expecting us to sell out in a minute. The two things are mutually exclusive.

bread's done
Back