Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
did someone say additional variants and convention exclusives?

head_explode_2.gif

I didn't mean to slight CAG with that statement - I've posted here for over a decade now so I know a wide range of people post here and my statement was pretty stupid. I'm just frustrated that we seem to be in a position where there's always someone unhappy about something and it's just tiring, you know? I mean this from a legitimate place - not some kind of petty "wha wha, why don't people like us?" spot. There have been so many times where I've honestly felt like just stopping this whole thing because I'm so mentally exhausted from constantly having to defend or justify things. Even if we took things back to plain old releases with no CEs there'd be things beyond my control driving prices up and forcing us into insane release schedules - or games that sell out too fast and result in death threats. I don't know, I just feel stuck in a losing cycle here when it comes to pleasing people.
I'm sorry if I brought you down, Josh. That's not the intent at all. We appreciate your forum presence very much. I know that criticism can be hard to take, but try to look at us as a resource to help improve your business. Sometimes it's good to take a week off from the forums and drown out all the noise. We all love what you do and want to see you succeed. You're one of us, and a CAG at heart.

*kisses*

Last edited by a moderator:
We are absolutely scaling back the CE releases in 2018. We'll probably always have one for our Switch games, but Switch stuff is one title per month for the forseeable future. We're collaborating with Fangamer on our first Switch CEs so the level of artistry with those will be through the roof.
Welp, time to start saving up.

I didn't mean to slight CAG with that statement - I've posted here for over a decade now so I know a wide range of people post here and my statement was pretty stupid. I'm just frustrated that we seem to be in a position where there's always someone unhappy about something and it's just tiring, you know? I mean this from a legitimate place - not some kind of petty "wha wha, why don't people like us?" spot. There have been so many times where I've honestly felt like just stopping this whole thing because I'm so mentally exhausted from constantly having to defend or justify things. Even if we took things back to plain old releases with no CEs there'd be things beyond my control driving prices up and forcing us into insane release schedules - or games that sell out too fast and result in death threats. I don't know, I just feel stuck in a losing cycle here when it comes to pleasing people.
I've bought a few games from you and I've never had an issue - I did get frustrated with cart issues on one release(but I managed to get it on second batch easily), but they're not that hard to get around now since I understand how it works.

But, CAG is a shit-house and I feel like it has been for a while now. I wish this thread was locked between releases because in over 1,500 pages of "discussion", a large majority of it is people bitching about what they want/don't want/can't get - it's a joke. I've thought LRG as a very LIMITED premium service that we're honestly lucky to have. A lot of these people will NEVER be satisfied until you get them their game with all the extras bits and pieces for dirt cheap. But hey, thanks for being so prominent on the forums - it really is nice having you guys update everyone on things.

I think this is probably the main issue, which is: why do you feel like you have to defend or justify things to everyone?

You can't please everyone, and if you try to do that, you're just going to be causing yourself more grief than necessary.

Providing feedback would be meaningless if it's always what you want to hear, and already know.

There's a reason people give this feedback, and it's because they don't see it the same way you do, and that's okay. I feel the problem is that you're spending too much time defending or justifying your position, and not enough time taking in the information. When you're defending or deflecting too often, seldom do you get the chance to reflect.

This is a discussion forum, so people are going to give their opinions, and discuss things that you may not agree with. That should be something to be expected, and not looked to as a weakness, but as feedback, and that's all it should be. Taking everything too personally will only wear you down quicker, as you've mentioned previously.

For example, I remember our discussion on variants, and stated that I just don't like variants and not a fan of it, so I decided not to buy them. That's just my position, and the way I view this approach. However, your responses were unable to believe that this was my belief, and you just couldn't let it go. I even stated that it's just my belief, and I can totally understand people who do like variants, and don't think there's anything inherently bad about them as a business practice. But the conversation just stayed stagnant, and continued to be a defend and justify conversation, even when my original comments were never meant to attack and denounce the practice, but to explain my personal dissatisfaction with it. You don't need to get people to agree with you to be able to move on. There needs to be a middle ground in these conversations for it to be a conversation. Once you decide there is no middle ground, that's when it just becomes pointless bickering.

Of course, there are sometimes when feedback that completely crosses the line, and I can understand in some situations to have to respond to those posts. However, lately it just feels like you're rolling in all of the comments(whether supportive, passive, or aggressive) all into the same category, and taking them way too seriously, and aggressively.

I still strongly support LRG, otherwise I wouldn't be keeping up with the op, and still be a part of the thread. I will still make purchases of titles that I want to own, but not the ones I don't. That's my choice, and you shouldn't perceive it as a personal sleight to you, or the business.

If it still feels too overwhelming, I would suggest to start thinking about someone who just deals with the different threads across forum. Find someone who will be a LRG rep, and be the one to take the information in, do some engagement with the posters, but more importantly, just do a bit of PR. We may not get an immediate response from you since that rep would spend time giving you the information, and you have to think about how to respond, but hey, that can actually be a good thing for us and for you since it'll give you the necessary time to reflect, rather than one based on impulse. Of course, there will need to be an adequate screening for the person to take on this role. I also understand you might say it's a cost issue, but I also believe there will be more than plenty of members in the communities that would be more than willing to take on that role for free, as you have many, many supporters, so don't ever feel it's a us vs them type of thing when it comes to support for LRG.

Well, that's about the right amount of a wall of text, so I'll stop now.

Can I get a summary?
... this one blurb should cover it...

There's a reason people give this feedback, and it's because they don't see it the same way you do, and that's okay. I feel the problem is that you're spending too much time defending or justifying your position, and not enough time taking in the information. When you're defending or deflecting too often, seldom do you get the chance to reflect.
The gist of it is that they don't seem to have the communication skill of LISTENING. It requires no feedback to listen. Too often the response to an issue or even a suggestion is a negative backlash or "whoah is me" response. If LRG folks could just listen and even just pretend to understand, it would go a long way and would likely cut down on most of the stress involved with communicating with the customers.

I don't want this to sound preachy but I think this quote works well here...

"Lord help me be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry."

It may not seem like it but I don't post much to this thread anymore. That mostly comes down to realizing that if the person reading it isn't open to just listen then there's really no point in trying to communicate. The recent discussion here though... maybe that's changing. That's what I hope because twelve years ago when I signed up it wasn't to bash a company or other consumers it was to team up with other serious gamers that like to buy cheap games like I've always done to find the best deals and help others find deals when I stumbled on something. Granted LRG's games aren't great deals (talking overall best price to play a game)... but that's ok as they've never really been good deals outside of being physical games and the resell value being high. That's ok. It's gotten me a few games I'm glad to own and if that's all I ever value from the LRG shopping experience then I'm cool with that. I'll buy games from any company as long as the game is something I legitimately want to own and I'm ok with the price. What LRG has helped me do is realize that for many games, getting them in digital format on the cheap is sometimes much better... but getting to own something physical that I already really love, can be quite a nice treat. That's not a slam on LRG. In some ways they have been a great help to me by breaking my spirit to go for a complete vita set. Now I'm even more focused on my specific gaming interests and less looking at the resell values or even seeing any value in owning all the games on a platform.

So who do I have to beg to get my Skullgirls for PS4 to ship?  CS says that the Vita copies won't ship until mid-late December.  I didn't order a Vita copy of the game.  So what's the holdup?

Having to nag customer service to get my orders to ship is getting old.

Wow $12 shipping for the Windjammers ps4 CE.  That extra shipping cost just legit cost me being able to get it.  And yes I get it.  But really tired of this kinda stuff from LRG.  I was expecting more shipping costs of course but not this much.  And yeah I know you'll all jump all over me for complaining too.  Just really tired of the gouge collectors every way LRG can.

Wow $12 shipping for the Windjammers ps4 CE. That extra shipping cost just legit cost me being able to get it. And yes I get it. But really tired of this kinda stuff from LRG. I was expecting more shipping costs of course but not this much. And yeah I know you'll all jump all over me for complaining too. Just really tired of the gouge collectors every way LRG can.
Spending an extra five bucks made you jump? This isn't the thread for you

Wow $12 shipping for the Windjammers ps4 CE. That extra shipping cost just legit cost me being able to get it. And yes I get it. But really tired of this kinda stuff from LRG. I was expecting more shipping costs of course but not this much. And yeah I know you'll all jump all over me for complaining too. Just really tired of the gouge collectors every way LRG can.
Stop buying stuff you can't afford.

Must just be because of the larger box it requires. I got the CE along with a SE and a copy of Claire and the shipping was $12.50. I don't necessarily think they were price gouging, they must have legit just needed a bigger box to ship the CE in..

Must just be because of the larger box it requires. I got the CE along with a SE and a copy of Claire and the shipping was $12.50. I don't necessarily think they were price gouging, they must have legit just needed a bigger box to ship the CE in..
Even if they where price gauging, he paid it, so the problem is his, and his alone. LOL

I think you just have to realize that you can't collect every LRG game anymore. There's just too many varieties and you will drive yourself crazy and go broke trying to get them all. I have tried to go through and identify games I could potentially play someday and that's all I'm buying. I did buy the CE's of La Mulana and Nex Machina but I passed on the SE's for those games. I like what LRG is doing but sometimes I feel they are preying on the OCD of their fanbase by releasing multiple varieties of the same game (2064 comes to mind). However, the cool thing about this country is that we are free to do what we want!
I'm one of the people that enjoy the artwork variants, as long as they are not excessive or exclusive. The ideal for me would be a maximum of two different covers (like the Shantae games), available on the web for purchase (not solely exclusive to conventions, although I understand timed exclusivity), and available outside of a collectors edition for those of us who have no interest in the other bonus items. The variant exclusivity to collectors editions seems to be gaining in popularity, and will likely be the one issue that ultimately breaks my overall interest, as the cost outweighs the benefit for me.

Bought the Windjammers ps4 CE. This and Ys Origin (standard edition) were the only LRG games I bought this year. Maybe next year with the Switch they'll be more games I want. Fangamer is great and it's nice seeing you work with them.

Quick question for the expert Vita collectors: is having an LRG collector's edition and not the vanilla edition still considered legit for someone to have a complete collection as long as both the cartridges and cases are the same?

Quick question for the expert Vita collectors: is having a collector's edition and not the vanilla edition still considered legit for someone to have a complete collection as long as both the cartridges and cases are the same?
I personally don't care about that, The game is a game whether it's CE , SE or has a different artwork is insignificant. I only go for CEs when I really like the game and the CE content.

Quick question for the expert Vita collectors: is having an LRG collector's edition and not the vanilla edition still considered legit for someone to have a complete collection as long as both the cartridges and cases are the same?
I need to have every version available. Many also need every cover to consider a complete collection.

I'd say yes but my OCD says no.

Passed on everything this week, WJ not worth $30 for what a color manual and isn't the game like 15MB?

I have a little 1-year-old, and probably about half the time when she asks for some milk, she yells "no milk!" at me and pushes it away. Now, you'd think I'd just get frustrated by it, but for whatever reason I find the whole exchange hilarious. She just got exactly what she asked for, and now she's pissed about it! It's one of those beautiful human moments, full of humor and hypocracy. It's so nonsensical that it becomes almost poetic.

In the same way, I love reading through this thread, and it's probably the biggest reason I keep coming back. Don't ever change.

I have a little 1-year-old, and probably about half the time when she asks for some milk, she yells "no milk!" at me and pushes it away. Now, you'd think I'd just get frustrated by it, but for whatever reason I find the whole exchange hilarious. She just got exactly what she asked for, and now she's pissed about it! It's one of those beautiful human moments, full of humor and hypocracy. It's so nonsensical that it becomes almost poetic.
Oh god I'm going through the exact same thing. She's hungry so of course she's kicking and screaming on the floor or trying to climb her high chair. Once all the food is ready and served, she doesn't want to sit or eat anymore! Kids and collectors, same struggle.

hope you get the job
Thanks! I’ll keep you posted. I passed the phone screen and they were so eager to move on to the in person round that they practically cut me off mid sentence to ask for the next level. Feeling really good about my chances. Same work, more money and all the benefits. Can’t beat it.

Good luck with the job. I got you covered for WindJammers standard at cost if you miss tonight and want that. Just message me if that happens.
Thanks! I appreciate the sentiment and the offer. Managed to snag one in the afternoon drop. [emoji106]

I just got all of my Black Friday games in today. 6/10 cards were gold foil.

Anyone else care about the cards or am I one of the few that like them?

[attachment=28873:IMG_8569.JPG][attachment=28874:IMG_8569.JPG]

I just got all of my Black Friday games in today. 6/10 cards were gold foil.

Anyone else care about the cards or am I one of the few that like them?
I always thought the cards were a cool little addition to LRG. Gold/silver foil don't really matter to me, but trading cards make a lot more sense as pack-ins than the sticker/postcard combos we used to get. Very reminiscent of my youth and there's always a bit of a thrill to opening my LRG packages to find out what card I ended up getting.

nice haul, grats!

I love the nerd sleeves too.
Yeah. I collected basketball cards as a kid and kept all of my nice ones in the semi hard sleeves.

After all of the discussion about the LRG cards curling up I grabbed a pack of 25 of these at target for $4 or so. I haven't had any issue with cards curling.

Man... they saved all the gold cards for Black Friday sales. fucked up LRG. fucked up.
I know they had a few production problems with some of the gold offerings early on. So I'm sure that's why some never saw much distro when first offered.

Let's be honest though, for those few buyers who actually got those BF games, consider those gold cards medals, as that was a "race" to the finish for almost every one of those games(congrats to you all, especially on B&C). LOL

Man... they saved all the gold cards for Black Friday sales. fucked up LRG. fucked up.
I call it the Dunkaroo complex for lack of a better name - our shipping team manually decides to put a gold in versus a silver and they play it conservatively at first, then they get to the last handful of shipments and have a ton of gold cards left so they get crazy with them. It's like when you eat Dunkaroos or Handi-Snacks or whatever and you play it safe with the dip at first but then you get to the last cookie/cracker and you have half of the dip left so it all goes on the last cookie/cracker. There's no real guaranteed way to do it evenly and if you fly too fast and loose at the start, you might have none left at the end.

Are the SteamWorld games going to flip to being Preorders like most (all?) of the recent games once they go live?

bread's done
Back