Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Are the SteamWorld games going to flip to being Preorders like most (all?) of the recent games once they go live?
Other than their special leftover sale on Jan 1, I'm not expecting them to wait until they have anything in stock to sell it.

I always buy from LRG with the expectation that it's a preorder with an estimated delivery date of "we'll ship it to you eventually". So far I haven't been let down.

Are the SteamWorld games going to flip to being Preorders like most (all?) of the recent games once they go live?
We're supposed to get those in from Sony this week, so no. Those will be in-hand and ready to ship barring anything that is missing or damaged from the shipment. We're also supposed to have Claire Vita in-hand this week, but PS4 won't be ready for a bit.

Hey Josh, Double Dragon IV and River City Melee are still going to be on sale this week correct? Don't see it on the site and I'm just managing my PayPal account. Thanks.

1,900 copies of River City Melee and 2 per person, get ready for the artificially created blood bath everyone, courtesy of LRG!

Just when I thought the CEs were done, both DD and RCR have them. At least $55 is more in line with what a CE should cost. Anyone know what else is coming out in the next month or so from LRG? That will drive my decision to buy the CEs or not..

Just when I thought the CEs were done, both DD and RCR have them. At least $55 is more in line with what a CE should cost. Anyone know what else is coming out in the next month or so from LRG? That will drive my decision to buy the CEs or not..
There are no games that I would consider heavy-hitters coming until the end of January and definitely no CEs until then. Even then, the one release with a CE in January could end up pushed - it's a Japanese one that was originally slated for September but the ESRB messed that up pretty bad.

CE's looks awesome but it looks like I'll just go for the standards this time. I'm guessing it's not possible to get the nes sleeves outside of the CE?
Yeah I have to admit, the CEs look really nice, just not sure I can justify spending $30 extra for each one.

I also appreciate the $24.99 price on River City Melee which is cheaper than the Asian release and is the same price as digital ($24.99). Though obviously DDV is a lot more expensive on physical disc ($24.99 physical vs. $6.99 digital).

Decisions...............I love the NES sleeve idea. Do I want to spend more on each game for the CE as I want them both? I am trying to control myself, but these are tempting.

Anybody know if there is going to be an exclusive release for Playstation Experience this coming weekend like they did for last years Playstation Experience with the Oddworld Stranger's Wrath?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would they ever be? You can play a game.. what do you do with a card?
A lot of LRG buyers don't play the games, they keep them sealed on a shelf. If a Super Gold card of Mudd is out there, people want it and will collect it at any means.

A lot of LRG buyers don't play the games, they keep them sealed on a shelf. If a Super Gold card of Mudd is out there, people want it and will collect it at any means.
I may be guilty of buying the mutant mudd game just to get the 5 cards and sell the game for whatever I can get back out of it.

I love the NES style collector's editions. I definitely am going to try to get River City Melee though, hope I can score one. Can't believe they are allowing more than one purchase on such a small print run.

I love the NES style collector's editions. I definitely am going to try to get River City Melee though, hope I can score one. Can't believe they are allowing more than one purchase on such a small print run.
I don't know.... well, what am I saying? Of course these sell out. If it were anyone other than LRG selling them, they'd last awhile. The upgrade to the CE costs more than the game.... and that's $30 for a box, poster, and soundtrack. Actually, when I write that out that doesn't sound bad.

I wonder if there is any kind of art on the back of the box, though. It would be cool if it replicated the back of a NES box, too. The LRG CE releases I've received have all had rather plain rear cover art, though. That really would be more of a tipping point for me.

I just bought River City Melee from Play Asia...  River City Melee is not the greatest game in the world, so I don't min if its not from LRG.  

I just bought River City Melee from Play Asia...  River City Melee is not the greatest game in the world, so I don't min if its not from LRG.  

I don't know.... well, what am I saying? Of course these sell out. If it were anyone other than LRG selling them, they'd last awhile. The upgrade to the CE costs more than the game.... and that's $30 for a box, poster, and soundtrack. Actually, when I write that out that doesn't sound bad.

I wonder if there is any kind of art on the back of the box, though. It would be cool if it replicated the back of a NES box, too. The LRG CE releases I've received have all had rather plain rear cover art, though. That really would be more of a tipping point for me.
I agree these are priced high, but they will absolutely sell out fast. I tend to talk myself out of the LRG CEs usually, but the temptation is too strong. They are really tugging on my nostalgic heartstrings with these releases.

I actually like the CEs and they're designs. It's a shame the games aren't good and I have no interest in them lol
River City Melee isn't really worth it.. but Double Dragon is a great pick up. I wish they'd port the River City Ransom game from the 3DS to the PS4 and/or switch for a physical LRG release.

https://youtu.be/xehoBQxigbg

Next machina arrived today. Look at that shiny envelope! Ignore the loose disc! Haha.

I'm going for double dragon but will also be passing on rover city. If it was a regular one I'd be on it but not am arena fighter. Not for me.

If it were a different time of year I might have gone for the double dragon collector's edition but it's not doable for me now. I am stoked to get a fun picture with my NES cartridges though.

I bought River City when it was on sale for $7 a few weeks ago on PSN. No one plays online. So the trophy for playing a online match seems impossible to get.

Next machina arrived today. Look at that shiny envelope! Ignore the loose disc! Haha.
Holy Shit, my wife gets makeup in the exact same hot pink bubble mailers. LOL

I always knew when I grabbed it from the mail box who it went to, now I'll have to check the label instead, as I may be getting some soon.

You guys are crazy having these shipped in padded envelopes. I can see the creases/indents to the cover art even just from the video, let alone what it would look like in person. lol

My black friday Night Trap came and thankfully I got the red artwork cover version I had hoped for, also ended up getting 2 tickets instead of just 1 so that was nice. Kinda wish that the CEs were shipping with 2 tickets since you're basically paying the price of 2 standard versions

You guys are crazy having these shipped in padded envelopes. I can see the creases/indents to the cover art even just from the video, let alone what it would look like in person. lol

Almost all of my orders come in padded envelopes. I've noticed zero issues so far. Maybe because my postal workers don't destroy them? Maybe because I'm only 4 hours away from LRG?

1,900 copies of River City Melee and 2 per person, get ready for the artificially created blood bath everyone, courtesy of LRG!
They should have done 1 per person. At least until the second batch. Then do two.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Kinda wish that the CEs were shipping with 2 tickets since you're basically paying the price of 2 standard versions
Yep. I agree. When the tickets were first introduced, I commented that a "ticket per game" was a slippery slope; that $1000 to get a $24.99 voucher was gonna soon be $1200. And now like you said, CEs we're heading towards $2k for $24.99 discount.

I suggested that a "ticket per $25 spent" would be appealing, since even non-game purchase could qualify (OST, shirts, card binders, game stands, etc.)

I finally reached 40 tickets and I don't even feel that mailing them in is even worth the trouble for a $25 coupon code...I certainly can't get them in soon enough for the DD4 or RCRM drop.

Almost all of my orders come in padded envelopes. I've noticed zero issues so far. Maybe because my postal workers don't destroy them? Maybe because I'm only 4 hours away from LRG?
I'm in Vegas, and have had no issues either. Most of my games are Vita, but I have gotten a few PS4 titles, and no issues with those. The one time I ordered a box, it came Amazon style with nothing but the game and a bunch of empty space. LOL I decided against paying for it again ever since. I'm all for the free boxes when they happen, but not worth the extra IMO.

Yep. I agree. When the tickets were first introduced, I commented that a "ticket per game" was a slippery slope; that $1000 to get a $24.99 voucher was gonna soon be $1200. And now like you said, CEs we're heading towards $2k for $24.99 discount.
Yeah, I think any CE priced over $50 should included 2 tickets. And for the rare ones over $75, 3 should be included.

The 4 hours away thing is all that I can guess. Most people also aren't as fussy with this as I am--as it takes a keen eye to look for and notice these problems. I'd say that about 50% of the new games in stores have this problem, and roughly 85% of games shipped in bubble mailers. The cover art is just printed on extremely flimsy, low quality paper nowadays, and the cases have holes in the plastic (manual prongs, disc holder, etc) so it takes next to no pressure to cause those damn indents and creases.

$30 for box, poster, and soundtrack is crazy, but so are the collectors I suppose.

So the big question i have for LRG is.... Will Steam World Heist included the Outsider DLC? or any of the DLC for that matter? I checked on the LRG forums and on the LRG twitter and didn't see any answer even though the question has been asked. If Doug or Josh would be able to let me know I'd appreciate it. Shit, or anyone else on here that might have seen an announcement that i missed. Cheers.

So the big question i have for LRG is.... Will Steam World Heist included the Outsider DLC? or any of the DLC for that matter? I checked on the LRG forums and on the LRG twitter and didn't see any answer even though the question has been asked. If Doug or Josh would be able to let me know I'd appreciate it. Shit, or anyone else on here that might have seen an announcement that i missed. Cheers.
Normally, unless an all in one version has been released, these are always the vanilla games. So an example would be Guacamelee Super Turbo edition(yes, I know this isn't a LRG title), and that version has all the DLC, as it has the name change. So whatever version you get on PSN as a standard download, will be this version unless otherwise stated.

Normally, unless an all in one version has been released, these are always the vanilla games. So an example would be Guacamelee Super Turbo edition(yes, I know this isn't a LRG title), and that version has all the DLC, as it has the name change. So whatever version you get on PSN as a standard download, will be this version unless otherwise stated.
I guess i was just being hopeful. The only other Vita release from LRG that i can think of that has any DLC is Darius Burst and like you said, it didn't come with the DLC (that being said i wasn't expecting it to as there's 15 pieces by my last count). I guess with SWH i was hoping that they'd toss in The Outsider as it's a small one that really improved the game. I own it anyways, but i thought it would be a nice touch if it was included on the cart.

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty PS4 includes DLC.

Totally wasn't expecting my order of The Silver Case to come in so soon. One of the seals was already broken but everything else was intact and pretty much brand new.

Not sure if it was in-house or somehow damaged in shipping but I was going to inspect it in detail anyways so whatever. Never got the original release so was there a trading card included with this bundle?

To be fair I usually get 2 games so I get the box I forgot they even used envelopes.

This one was lost in usps hell. I had to go to the next town over post office to claim it after a few days.

It's a non issue for me. I just play the games and shelf them anyway.

bread's done
Back