Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Here are two questions no one seemed to ask.

Do the Steamworld games for Vita have stackable trophy lists? Since they were rebuilt to include the patches.

Does Steamworld Heist include the DLC content.

Holy hell, I've been lost in such a haze for the past 2 months or so.  Granted it has saved me some money to put towards xmas gifts, but not checking in has resulted in my memory lapsing at some key LRG sale moments.  I missed out on La Mulana, I missed out on Claire.  I AM NOT missing games from two of my favorite franchises ever in River City & Double Dragon!

Time to get my act back together and the building of that LRG box fort.

I wonder if there is any kind of art on the back of the box, though. It would be cool if it replicated the back of a NES box, too. The LRG CE releases I've received have all had rather plain rear cover art, though. That really would be more of a tipping point for me.
Yes, these have backs that are very reminiscent of the NES games. I went through painstaking lengths to find the fonts used for the backs of the Acclaim Double Dragon releases (ITC Avant Garde for those wondering) and River City Ransom (ITC Souvenir). We're even putting plastic hang tags and price stickers on the shrinkwrap. Definitely going to be a very cool set of CEs.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the big question i have for LRG is.... Will Steam World Heist included the Outsider DLC? or any of the DLC for that matter? I checked on the LRG forums and on the LRG twitter and didn't see any answer even though the question has been asked. If Doug or Josh would be able to let me know I'd appreciate it. Shit, or anyone else on here that might have seen an announcement that i missed. Cheers.
Heist does indeed include the DLC. Also, the devs added PSTV support for both Dig and Heist - one or both of these never had PSTV support and couldn't get it prior to the rebuild. So that's pretty cool!

Here are two questions no one seemed to ask.

Do the Steamworld games for Vita have stackable trophy lists? Since they were rebuilt to include the patches.

Does Steamworld Heist include the DLC content.
Yes to the DLC - not sure about the stackable set. AFAIK, these may share the trophy service from the digital releases. Sony kind of frowns on multiple sets for the same game so we can't actively ask devs to do it. EAS gets away with it because it is a regional list.

Yes, these have backs that are very reminiscent of the NES games. I went through painstaking lengths to find the fonts used for the backs of the Acclaim Double Dragon releases (ITC Avant Garde for those wondering) and River City Ransom (ITC Souvenir). We're even putting plastic hang tags and price stickers on the shrinkwrap. Definitely going to be a very cool set of CEs.
Sounds awesome but hard on my wallet haha. Any reason why this has a limit of 2 with such a small print run? I feel like that’s just asking for a lot of unhappy customers who want one because the scalpers are going to buy 2.

Sounds awesome but hard on my wallet haha. Any reason why this has a limit of 2 with such a small print run? I feel like that’s just asking for a lot of unhappy customers who want one because the scalpers are going to buy 2.
Nothing recently has indicated we need to have a stricter limit at the start. Pretty much everything since October has sold at a (reltively speaking) leisurely pace. We want to make sure people who want two can get them at the start rather than them buying one on Friday and one on Saturday and then needing those manually combined (which takes a lot of extra effort versus a normal shipment). If things exceed demand, we'll drop to one per customer at 6PM.

Heist does indeed include the DLC. Also, the devs added PSTV support for both Dig and Heist - one or both of these never had PSTV support and couldn't get it prior to the rebuild. So that's pretty cool!
Woohoo!!! Thanks a bunch for the update and for doing what you guys do. My wallet still hates you though :razz:

CE or no CE tomorrow?  Are those retro dust covers really worth a $30 buck difference to me?  Is it wrong I want to answer yes to that question? :lol:

CE or no CE tomorrow? Are those retro dust covers really worth a $30 buck difference to me? Is it wrong I want to answer yes to that question? :lol:
Not wrong, and yes, they are totally worth it. ;)

Thet'll just be really cool packages overall. I think people will be really pleased with them!

Considering grabbing the CE and standard for DD and just standard for RCRM
DD IV's manual is really cool - I spent quite a while making it. It's the only "definitive" story summary of the Double Dragon series. It's good toilet reading material, which is always what manuals were for me (take note to never touch a manual in my collection, they're all flagged, haha).

In an effort to save some money, I think I will stick with the CE's only today.  I wanted to really save and go with the SE's but with all the buildup from Doomstink about the work that went into the CE's I have to spring for them.  It's good to hear that the number of CE's is going down next year because it's getting too expensive for me!

I caved and bought River City NES style, skipping double dragon sadly since most people are saying it's not a great game

Get one copy of the standard edition of each.  The CEs went pretty fast though, especially DDIV.

I caved and bought River City NES style, skipping double dragon sadly since most people are saying it's not a great game
The reviews for River City weren't much better. At least, the ones I saw. The Double Dragon reviews seemed to mainly slam it for being too much like the NES Double Dragon... which I think was the point. Not that it's invalid to not like it for that reason, but if it's aimed at people with nostalgia for the NES games....

The reviews for River City weren't much better. At least, the ones I saw. The Double Dragon reviews seemed to mainly slam it for being too much like the NES Double Dragon... which I think was the point. Not that it's invalid to not like it for that reason, but if it's aimed at people with nostalgia for the NES games....
Maybe I'll grab the standard tonight

In other news, Wario posted an esrb listing for Nurse Love Addiction for Vita with LRG as publisher

Pretty nice that shipping was only $7.50 for both the CE's.  Usually they charge about $12.50.  Must be because the boxes are smaller than the normal "big box" CE's..

As much as I poop in this thread all the time about how LRG is crap because they release games noone has ever heard of and the wait for the one game I really want (salt and sanctuary) is seemingly never ending... They got me today...

I'm a first time buyer today. Picked up DD IV because Double Dragon was one of 3 games I had for my NES growing up and nostalgia got me. DAMN YOU LRG! The only way you could have got my money faster is if Rocketeer or M.C. Kids were re-released for PS4!

As much as I poop in this thread all the time about how LRG is crap because they release games noone has ever heard of and the wait for the one game I really want (salt and sanctuary) is seemingly never ending... They got me today...

I'm a first time buyer today. Picked up DD IV because Double Dragon was one of 3 games I had for my NES growing up and nostalgia got me. DAMN YOU LRG! The only way you could have got my money faster is if Rocketeer or M.C. Kids were re-released for PS4!
Oh man - a MC kids LRG release would be amazing. I'd be in for a CE of that for sure. It was one of my favorite NES games for sure!

In other news, Wario posted an esrb listing for Nurse Love Addiction for Vita with LRG as publisher
I hope that doesn't follow the digital price+$10 formula because $50 would be a bit much for a super-obscure visual novel.

I was all in because I loved the box art, but having played both of these games. I really don't like either very much and just decided to pass and save my money for something else. I now regret not buying the Windjammers CE though and just getting he standard edition.

looks like this little lady had a life experience today.

I'm pretty hyped up to have gotten these games, if for no reason other than nostalgia. They were easier to secure than both Wonderboy or Night Trap, yet I had more anxiety going in than I did with those titles. 

Haven't been able to get an LRG release in ages due to work/traveling- how long did this AM's batch last? Might be able to snag the PM batch...

When the vita ver is optimized
Isn't that the same (or similar) reason why S&S is taking forever? And I feel like I've seen problems with the Vita build for at least 1 other game... what's the deal with Vita games?

Haven't been able to get an LRG release in ages due to work/traveling- how long did this AM's batch last? Might be able to snag the PM batch...

Isn't that the same (or similar) reason why S&S is taking forever? And I feel like I've seen problems with the Vita build for at least 1 other game... what's the deal with Vita games?
Standard versions took a few minutes to sell out, CE were gone right away. DD went faster than RCRM.

I only checked because I forgot about the release and realized too late. Gonna wait for PM batch to grab everything in one go

I think most of the issues for these delays has to due with compression, and making the games small enough to fit the 4GB game carts. On PS4 or digital releases, size isn't much of an issue, small Vita carts are. Back in the day, you made a game as small as possible, as the bigger the game, the more you paid for storage.

Now, the storage is no longer an issue, as that falls to the individual, but Vita carts are very small, even for this day and age, so you get delays as developers try to sort out how best to make the situation work.

Doomstink - any chance you can let us know what’s coming out through January? My wallet would like to start preparing for the pain. Thanks!
We're working on a schedule now and we're attempting to plan releases out through May or June. We're still working on getting out a lot of the games we signed in early 2016 before we slowed down and we're trying to figure out how to do that without exhausting customers. It's making creating the schedule pretty tough, but when it's done I think the work will have been worth it - we'll try and have release dates announced much further in advance. January games should be up on the site pretty shortly after the schedule is made.

Salt & Sanctuary is delayed because the developer of the Vita port forgot to tick the one setting that makes a Vita digital game work from a cart. Without that box ticked, the game has to be fully rebuilt and recertified, which is a costly and time-intensive process. It's much, much, harder to release a digital Vita game physically than it is on PS4 since rebuilds are usually required outside of rare cases.

We're working on a schedule now and we're attempting to plan releases out through May or June. We're still working on getting out a lot of the games we signed in early 2016 before we slowed down and we're trying to figure out how to do that without exhausting customers. It's making creating the schedule pretty tough, but when it's done I think the work will have been worth it - we'll try and have release dates announced much further in advance. January games should be up on the site pretty shortly after the schedule is made.
Phantom Breaker pls

Rolled out of bed this morning, turned on the computer just in time for morning batch, bought a CE of Double Dragon but only with the standard of River City this morning. Would have like to get the CE for both, but just couldn't justify pulling the trigger for both of them and Double Dragon brand holds more sentimental value to me. Immediately after I then went out to a nice day of hard non-pay labor. At least on the bright side after I was finished I got to stop by Funspot on my way home and played some arcade Double D 1&2.

Not wrong, and yes, they are totally worth it. ;)

Thet'll just be really cool packages overall. I think people will be really pleased with them!
I'm putting my trust into you and going to hold you to that statement. :lol:

Skipping todays releases to buy next weeks and PA's next two releases. :lol:

Happy I'm not an OCD NA Completionist. 

The NES-styled sleeves were tempting, but I held myself back and just picked up the standard editions of both games. I like both series, so it was en easy sell, but I'm holding off on collectors editions for more than just Limited Run Games. I avoid them for normal retail releases as well except in the case of extreme clearance or just ridiculously appealing extras.

I'm starting to hate the vita just because it's making the ps4 releases drag. It'd be cool if they got released separately, but I know that would raise all kinds of hell with fans (and probably with sales because impulse buyers would say "eh I already have it") but ugh... As much as I love the vita it's becoming a thorn in my side with some of these releases I'm looking forward to.

bread's done
Back