Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Nah. I always add a shipping box, just to be safe (you're welcome for the additional $2 every time lol) but nothing else. And I never combine orders or request that things ship early/separate. It's order 211203.
Ah, that's the case then! The shipping box, since it is considered a line item, morphed your order into an uncommon combination. Sorry about that! We should have the LA-MULANA CE soon so you won't have to wait much longer. I'm looking into fixing our software to allow greater flexibility in that final batch.

Big Thanks to LRG for black Friday sale, received Breach & Clear, Night Trap and Oceanhorn all with gold cards, B & C and Night Trap were unsealed thanks to the idiots at customs. Oceanhorn survived because it was shipped in different package even though orders were combined. Turns out B&C is NOT promotional copy with a hole punched in UPC

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are on a site called cheap ass gamer... A site devoted to getting games for as close to free as possible. Some of the same names I see in here saying its immoral to keep the games LRG sends out mistakenly I see in other threads excitedly exclaiming they took advantage of a bug on Best Buys site getting them triple A games for pennies on the dollar or screwing Gamestop out of thousands of dollars when a trade in promotion overlaps a B2G1 promotion. Say what you want about the moral gray area of keeping a game given to you without your asking for it, but at least I'm not a hypocrite.

This thread is truly out of place on this site...

You guys are on a site called cheap ass gamer... A site devoted to getting games for as close to free as possible. Some of the same names I see in here saying its immoral to keep the games LRG sends out mistakenly I see in other threads excitedly exclaiming they took advantage of a bug on Best Buys site getting them triple A games for pennies on the dollar or screwing Gamestop out of thousands of dollars when a trade in promotion overlaps a B2G1 promotion. Say what you want about the moral gray area of keeping a game given to you without your asking for it, but at least I'm not a hypocrite.

You really don't know when to walk away, do you? There is a difference between wanting to get a good deal and engaging in terrible behavior that over the long term could result in retailers completely disappearing. I mean we used to be able to get great deals at Kmart and Sears and Circuit City, but deep discounting, fraud and bad management eliminated those options, leaving fewer retailers that are more reluctant to discount. This thread was created so that people could share information about Limited Run Games which tend to be hard to find at MSRP after release. Like the Collector's Edition thread or the niche game thread, this thread is more of an information sharing tool and everyone understands that the chances of getting any kind of discount on these games is unlikely.

Nobody asked you to post here. The irony and hypocrisy of your Buddha image given your professed lack of moral and ethical standards is not lost on me, but apparently it is lost on you.

Not sure if you are talking about the Resident Evil 7 Gold Edition price mistake at Best Buy or some other one but BB was well within their right to cancel any orders that they did not agree with but they chose to honor the prices anyway. Honorable move on their part. Nothing was being taken advantage of - BB could have canceled if they wanted to. They certainly weren't forced to do anything.

I feel the main issue I (and probably others) have with your approach is why you went out of your way to tell that guy to do the wrong thing, when he already implied he wanted to do the right thing to begin with.

This isn't a question of cheap or expensive, but why do you feel the need to be an asshole when it's not warranted in this situation.

It's one thing if the person who posted noted that they wanted to keep it, decided not to send it back, or was asking questions about whether or not he's allowed to keep it. Then, maybe your response would've bit somewhat more valid to the discussion.

However, he didn't ask if it was legal, he didn't ask about mail fraud, he didn't ask about toasters, nor did he ask about how he should respond, as the comment you quoted was him responding to the company he wanted to return the incorrect order to, and on his own volition.

We get it, you don't like LRG. Does that mean you have to do everything you can possibly do to go out of your way, and pull out your douchebag card in this thread? Clearly not everyone who posts in this thread will love the company, but many of those middling members, or detractors have at least provided substantive conversations about these topics in the past, and provided valid and relevant comments to the discussion. What you've done with the first post to start this nonsense didn't meet any of those aforementioned criteria.

I haven't been as active in this thread as far as following key conversations goes, but I have to say, every time I see you make a post in this thread it has been unnecessarily negative or shallow in content.

Even if you had valid points to make, it's almost always immediately followed by the constant bickering due to the crass comments you make about any topic related to LRG. If you really want to tackle these issues at their core, do a better job presenting your point. There's always room for discussions on these matters, particularly meaningful discussion that helps to improve practices or approaches they can take to improve. But if your only goal is to get a rise out of people, or to insult the company with no intention for improvement, I strongly suggest you just take that to the other threads you mention you visit, because I don't feel a majority of people in this thread appreciates it.

Not trying to be rude, but you've been very rude in almost all aspects of interactions in this thread, and you can do better. I may not need to agree with your perspective, but I should be able to respect it, and this is what you should strive for.

Hey Josh, any updates on when the trading card packs will be offered? I thought they where supposed to happen by years end, but maybe I'm wrong on that. I just got my binder with my last order, and now I'm looking to start filling it, so was curious and if when they may be showing up.

Hey Josh, any updates on when the trading card packs will be offered? I thought they where supposed to happen by years end, but maybe I'm wrong on that. I just got my binder with my last order, and now I'm looking to start filling it, so was curious and if when they may be showing up.
We have to have more than 100,000 leftover cards before we can do foil packs. We're not quite there yet. Hopefully soon!

We have to have more than 100,000 leftover cards before we can do foil packs. We're not quite there yet. Hopefully soon!
Awesome, I didn't know how they where being produced, but now it makes more sense.

Passing on both the games, bring on the good games again plz
All three offerings tomorrow are some of the best rated/received games LRG has offered so far. But more for the rest of us I guess.

Passing on both the games, bring on the good games again plz
In case you weren't aware - SteamWorld Heist has a 90 on Metacritic while SteamWorld Dig has an 85. These are both incredibly good games even if you don't put much stock in Metacritic scores. :)

Doomstink when will you be announcing the Switch game lineup? I'd greatly prefer physical when I can get it and won't double dip on very many titles. I need to plan how to spend my eShop credit accordingly. 

Doomstink when will you be announcing the Switch game lineup? I'd greatly prefer physical when I can get it and won't double dip on very many titles. I need to plan how to spend my eShop credit accordingly.
I was just going to ask the same thing. I'd love to know when we can expect more info on the Switch games planned.

We're still learning the process on Switch and we don't want to announce any titles or dates for releases until we have a better idea of where and when these things can actually fall. I'd assume next month or early February will have some news.

We're still learning the process on Switch and we don't want to announce any titles or dates for releases until we have a better idea of where and when these things can actually fall. I'd assume next month or early February will have some news.
When can I expect January Announcements?

Please Please Please Doomstink...Pier Solar. @_@
I would hope Josh wouldn't work with Watermelon, I supported that KS and they've been one of the worst companies to deal with, it was a painful and aggravating process, I would never buy anything they're associated (WM) with ever again, that's how much disdain I still hold for them.

I'd rather him work again with WayForward again. After playing The Mummy Demastered even though the legal bull**** they'd have to wade through to get it signed, I've love to have a physical copy of it. Even though as I said months ago, that's about as realistic as seeing Scott Pilgrim getting a physical release....sadly. =/

I think most of the issues for these delays has to due with compression, and making the games small enough to fit the 4GB game carts. On PS4 or digital releases, size isn't much of an issue, small Vita carts are. Back in the day, you made a game as small as possible, as the bigger the game, the more you paid for storage.

Now, the storage is no longer an issue, as that falls to the individual, but Vita carts are very small, even for this day and age, so you get delays as developers try to sort out how best to make the situation work.
More to due with memory limitations from what I've read from Robert Boyd, I know the programmer for 2064 had similar problems with memory leaks and crashes until she had a break and figured out a fix recently for the game to release.

Vita might be a great system, but Sony didn't pack it in with a ton of available memory to use and those cross platform games had more memory to use on the PS4 all of a sudden are bottle-necked by the much smaller RAM available on the Vita, and many developers are having issues with getting the optimization done to avoid the issues I've already mentioned that the devs have pointed out the reason for the delays.

-----

Josh, now that Doug and you are aware of the Fallen Legion Switch release by NISA, was that moved up in the release queue?

-----

Can I get a Gold Card this time?
I have about 5-6 of them, I look at them, put them in the case and only see them if I play the game, didn't know they were that desirable to some people...**shrugs**

I used my gold card to light the fire place.
chow-yun-fat-o.gif

No rush, as I need to recover from the holiday spending and then some. If April/May is the first NS release, I won't be mad at ya! LOL

Thanks for the response. I am not looking for dates or even really any details other than which games you've 100% signed so far.

I would rather wait a few months to buy a physical version of a game I want than to buy digital now and then skip the physical I'd rather have because I don't want to double dip on these indie games.

DO I really need that PSX variant of Nex Machina?

Decisions.....decisions

EDIT :

I need to change the shipping address for an order I just placed (fucking PayPal).  How do I go about doing that?

DO I really need that PSX variant of Nex Machina?

Decisions.....decisions

EDIT :

I need to change the shipping address for an order I just placed (fucking PayPal). How do I go about doing that?
Submit a ticket to their help desk.

I wanted it but they won’t combine shipping across runs so I passed. I don’t understand why they wouldn’t allow me to just throw it in with my CE Nex machine and la Mulana that haven’t shipped yet.
I’m pretty sure Doomstink has answered you directly on this around Thanksgiving.

You are correct, he mentioned it was a manual process.  I just think if they are selling a steady volume of games each month they should figure out a way to make combining shipping more flexible to save their customers money.  It’s just my general complaint and I think they should try to make an improvement in this area.  Overall I think they are a great company and I like that they are releasing physical games!

I feel like Golf Story would be an amazing inaugural game to launch the LRG Switch lineup and from the rumors I've heard it's actually a very strong possibility. 

im still patiently waiting for my skullgirls. since Nov 2016 preorder.
Yep, I'm in the same boat as well, but It's not like I don't have any games to play. If I started playing & finishing a game a week until I was 100, I would be ready to start Skullgirls at about 110. LOL

Yep, I'm in the same boat as well, but It's not like I don't have any games to play. If I started playing & finishing a game a week until I was 100, I would be ready to start Skullgirls at about 110. LOL
Same here. Since having kids, I’m less of a gamer and more of a game collector 😔

*Looks at ps4 shelf* *looks at all the shrinkwrap* *cries*

*Looks at ps4 shelf* *looks at all the shrinkwrap* *cries*
Honestly, having stuff on a shelf would be a step up for me. All of my games are buried in boxes, and stored in areas around my house. Or for my most recent arrivals, on the floor in stacks where ever I can find room in my office.

Damn, what happened to me? LOL

Same here. Since having kids, I’m less of a gamer and more of a game collector
I felt that way too the first few years. Now being older, my son can play with me on certain games. He can self entertain with his toys now so I can actually play the games I want to, unlike the younger years when the only time I really had time to play games was after he went to bed.

bread's done
Back