Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I mean, "You'll eventually get your shit" is kind of the LRG mantra
Well it's been pretty much my mantra with them. I've had zero issues with any wait time with them, cause at the end of the day I know I will get my shit at some point fine and dandy. I know they're not just dragging ass and not giving a damn about their customers. Plus if the off chance something does happen I know that Josh, Doug, & everyone at LRG will make sure to make it right and get me my shit.

It's not like I'm in a hurry to play anything in the first place. The only release that I've was foaming at the mouth for and ripped open the minute it arrived was Night Trap, cause well it was Night Trap. Hell I bet I'm one of the few people that didn't split their Skullgirls order when it was offered. Simply because they didn't have to make that gesture, one that I knew the cost was coming out of their own pocket to do so and that if I didn't choose to do it that I would regardless "eventually get my shit". :lol:

I mean, "You'll eventually get your shit" is kind of the LRG mantra. Skullgirls has just been in oblivion for so long that I'm glad something concrete has happened.
It was only like one and a half years ago, in their first year, that LRG publicly chastised companies that sold games that weren't on hand. Now, a two month wait is about as common as seeing an LRG game that sells on eBay for $30.

It amazes me how differently they appear to operate now compared to just 2015, when they launched a fantastic passion project.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it's been pretty much my mantra with them. I've had zero issues with any wait time with them, cause at the end of the day I know I will get my shit at some point fine and dandy. I know they're not just dragging ass and not giving a damn about their customers. Plus if the off chance something does happen I know that Josh, Doug, & everyone at LRG will make sure to make it right and get me my shit.

It's not like I'm in a hurry to play anything in the first place. The only release that I've was foaming at the mouth for and ripped open the minute it arrived was Night Trap, cause well it was Night Trap. Hell I bet I'm one of the few people that didn't split their Skullgirls order when it was offered. Simply because they didn't have to make that gesture, one that I knew the cost was coming out of their own pocket to do so and that if I didn't choose to do it that I would regardless "eventually get my shit". :lol:
Yep, exactly. I have a backlog that would likely last me the rest of the year (if I quit my job and stopped sleeping :razz:). I've only had one issue with an order (item got wrecked in transit) and they were able to help me quickly and amicably. I've probably got 25 releases at this point, and as long as they keep releasing games I enjoy I'll keep coming back.

It was only like one and a half years ago, in their first year, that LRG publicly chastised companies that sold games that weren't on hand. Now, a two month wait is about as common as seeing an LRG game that sells on eBay for $30.

It amazes me how differently they appear to operate now compared to just 2015, when they launched a fantastic passion project.
It's also significantly harder to get 10,000 packages with eight different releases sent out in a month than it was to get out 1,500 copies of Breach and Clear. LRG isn't blameless, but I can certainly see where the cracks would start to form as they scale. They've said that they want to start doing fewer, larger releases instead, but that they're still trying to get through a lot of titles they signed early on. I feel like they're learning in both regards, but that it won't get better until the release backlog is cleared.

Did they say that early on about other places not having games on hand? I've been here since the beginning, and while my memory can be rather hazy at this age, I don't remember those statements. The main one that stuck for me, was that each game would be limited, and never reprinted by them, but developers could if they wanted to. I also remember them stating they would do their best to offer 2 copies per release, as they where collectors as well, and wanted others to be able to buy a copy to store and one to play. If having games on hand before selling was mentioned, it wasn't a selling point to me, as I wouldn't have believed it anyway, and with my backlog, wouldn't have mattered either way. LOL

Just based on the information given over the last few years, a statement like that seems rather odd. As they have all kinds of delays when dealing with Sony(out of LRG control), and they also have deadlines where games have to be sold by(also out of their control), so those two things alone would make that statement really broken from the start. Maybe they had wide eyes at the time, but I wouldn't have believed that even if I did read it someplace, as it's just not very realistic.

Also, their first two games, where their own offerings, so a statement like that would have been true for those games, and easy to make happen. Once your dealing with others in any part of an equation, there is always "dropped balls", as you can only control things that you have direct control over.

Yep, exactly. I have a backlog that would likely last me the rest of the year (if I quit my job and stopped sleeping :razz:). I've only had one issue with an order (item got wrecked in transit) and they were able to help me quickly and amicably. I've probably got 25 releases at this point, and as long as they keep releasing games I enjoy I'll keep coming back.

It's also significantly harder to get 10,000 packages with eight different releases sent out in a month than it was to get out 1,500 copies of Breach and Clear. LRG isn't blameless, but I can certainly see where the cracks would start to form as they scale. They've said that they want to start doing fewer, larger releases instead, but that they're still trying to get through a lot of titles they signed early on. I feel like they're learning in both regards, but that it won't get better until the release backlog is cleared.
Yeah, this is just common sense^

I agree that if they made that statement originally, they probably shouldn't have. But for the same reasons I never expected to see Skullgirls all that fast, is the same reason I wouldn't believe a statement like that. Especially from a small operation like LRG.

Anyone buying the games today? Yesterday origins looks pretty cool because I like point and click adventure games. I’m on the fence about buying it.

Anyone buying the games today? Yesterday origins looks pretty cool because I like point and click adventure games. I’m on the fence about buying it.
I'm just grabbing Rock Boshers for the Vita, but that's it.

While I love a good point & click offering, I don't have a PS4 yet, and when I do, I'll probably just get most games digital, cheap and on sale.

Vinyl for Nex ran into a production issue where they had to re-order more clear vinyl stock. Otherwise, it would have been done already. We also ordered these from Fangamer so we aren't 100% in control for production and I know Fangamer has been pushing for them to hurry. 

Glad they lowered the price of Yesterday Origins to $24.99 (it was listed at $29.99 originally).  Will definitely be picking that up and passing on the cheaper EU release (mainly because I prefer R1 North American releases).

Vita blind boxes and Rock Boshers soundtrack editions gone for now. That Yesterday game should be next...surprised me a lil, but less copies available.

Ugh... their site locked up on mewhile I was checking out and I missed the soundtrack bundle for Rock Boshers.

That's gonna drive me nuts. I got the games... but now that's like one soundtrack I'm missing. Fuuu---

Wasn't planning to get anything today, but after checking out some screenshots I decided to give Rock Boshers a go.

Wasn't planning to get anything today, but after checking out some screenshots I decided to give Rock Boshers a go.
It's a very solid and fun title. So long as your not put off by the graphics, it's probably one of the better reviewed titles LRG has offered so far.

I always do a little research on the titles they put up before deciding to purchase. Today I got one of each title. Yesterday Origins is an adventure game with some solid reviews, and I've always loved adventure games. (old-school fan of Sierra and LucasArts) Rock Boshers is a bit more of an arcade title. It comes from the same folks who made Aqua Kitty, so it's an easy sell. I picked up the PS4 version of Rock Boshers, because my research revealed that the PS4 release has exclusive content that doesn't show up on its other releases. (a local multiplayer mode)

It's a very solid and fun title. So long as your not put off by the graphics, it's probably one of the better reviewed titles LRG has offered so far.
I'm not a big fan of "Retro-for-the-sake-of-Retro" graphics, and I've never cared about the Spectrum, but it looks like it could be fun, and graphics don't usually bother me.

Just to double check, it is a level-based game and not some Metroidvania clone, right?

I'm not a big fan of "Retro-for-the-sake-of-Retro" graphics, and I've never cared about the Spectrum, but it looks like it could be fun, and graphics don't usually bother me.

Just to double check, it is a level-based game and not some Metroidvania clone, right?
It's a little late to be double checking isn't it, as all sales are final? LOL

Yeah, your good, it's pretty much a twin stick shooter with old school graphics, what you see, is what you'll get.

Also, pixel-style graphics are a style, not a measure of quality. You can have good and bad pixel art, in the same way that you can have good and bad 3D art. How the medium is used is far more important than the medium itself.

In the case of Rock Boshers, I can say with some confidence that it is an example of good pixel art, used properly. Rock Boshers features good art, with proper design sensibilities that utilize the retro pixel aesthetic effectively. It is retro-graphics handled properly, with solid core artistic understanding.

Also, pixel-style graphics are a style, not a measure of quality. You can have good and bad pixel art, in the same way that you can have good and bad 3D art. How the medium is used is far more important than the medium itself.

In the case of Rock Boshers, I can say with some confidence that it is an example of good pixel art, used properly. Rock Boshers features good art, with proper design sensibilities that utilize the retro pixel aesthetic effectively. It is retro-graphics handled properly, with solid core artistic understanding.
Well said^

Feels good not buying a Vita game out of obligation. Whatever I skip now, I have a second chance of buying at their next Blowout sale anyway if I really change my mind

Feels good not buying a Vita game out of obligation. Whatever I skip now, I have a second chance of buying at their next Blowout sale anyway if I really change my mind
So long as there are no more complete **** titles like Mecho Tales, I still plan to keep getting the Vita titles offered. I do agree that not having to get each new game is a relief, but I didn't mind it up until MT. LOL

"Yesterday Origins" is such a terrible title. :rofl:   It has to be the worst title for a video game since "Stories: the Path of Destinies", "Birthdays the Beginning", or "Bravely Default". 

Anyone have any thoughts on the recently announced "Sky Force Anniversary"? Looks like a decent vertical shmup. The initial levels of the game look a lot slower paced than other games of this type that I've seen so it might be a good one for casuals, at least at the beginning. 

Anyone have any thoughts on the recently announced "Sky Force Anniversary"? Looks like a decent vertical shmup. The initial levels of the game look a lot slower paced than other games of this type that I've seen so it might be a good one for casuals, at least at the beginning.
It's slower because I believe it was originally a mobile game. But in spite of it's origins, it's supposedly really good.

I'm passing on Sky Force personally. For me it's too slow and looks too grindy. I've passed on it when it was on sale digitally for Vita for around $6, so it's hard sell for me to spend over $30 after shipping.

I grabbed it for free on ps4 a while back and have been playing it lately. I like it a lot, mostly because of it's upgrade system which gives you permanent upgrades that you can buy with the currency you collect as you play. You also have your progression tracked which unlocks later levels as you meet level objectives. These objectives come in sets of 4 and once you complete them, it unlocks more difficult challenges for the levels. It does this three times for each level, at least as far as I've unlocked so far.

They try to mix things up some too, but that doesn't always work for me. One level has you trying to complete objectives with no weapons, which became a drag, but I liked all the other levels. Anyway, I've played much worse shooters. The only downside I suppose is that there isn't much to do once you've unlocked everything, but I still liked having a reason to play that was more than just trying to get a high score or see how few lives I could lose.

If I'm not mistaken Sky Force Anniversary was recently free on PSN + (October 2017) so you may have gotten it without realizing it (this happens to me all the time). It's not a very good SHMUP IMHO. The other one that's available (Sky Force Reloaded) looks a lot better, was hoping it would be the one LRG publishes.

So would I, but we've got as much chance of that happening as Skullgirls shipping
Even though Rabi Ribi has been since October and we still have no release date. Terrible

Moreso since Sekai Project told us to expect news at PSX and all they did was reaffirm the release of World End and Fault Milestone and announce a fking VR game.

Such bullshit from a bullshit company.

Thank you! Now my kingdom no longer requires your presence, troll. Be away with you before i have my father banish your silly existence.
Funny, you only pop on every now and then to post your passive aggressive comments about how much you dislike LRG (but keep purchasing from them), but I’m the troll because I gave you useful links.

As someone who doesn't frequent Twitter, I wish they would post some of these things in the news section on their actual website, or send out e-mails to affected customers.

Granted this is just a minor inconvenience, but getting a message that says "hey your game is being delayed, and here's why" would be nice.

As someone who doesn't frequent Twitter, I wish they would post some of these things in the news section on their actual website, or send out e-mails to affected customers.

Granted this is just a minor inconvenience, but getting a message that says "hey your game is being delayed, and here's why" would be nice.
They have stated they post the updates on Facebook and their Mighty Rabbit forums as well. I don’t follow either of those locations, so I can’t confirm if the information is the same across all platforms.

We've discussed these ideas quite a bit here and many of us would like something like this. The response we've gotten from LRG is that it probably wouldn't be worth the effort because people wouldn't bother to check it anyway. And given how few people can trouble themselves to look up the original product page to find a shipping estimate, they're probably right.

We've discussed these ideas quite a bit here and many of us would like something like this. The response we've gotten from LRG is that it probably wouldn't be worth the effort because people wouldn't bother to check it anyway. And given how few people can trouble themselves to look up the original product page to find a shipping estimate, they're probably right.
I agree that most around here show very little in the ways of self help, but I disagree with LRG thoughts on this 100%. They get slammed weekly with request just like the one posted above, when Twitter is a nightmare to find any useful information. So while staff is dealing with floods of "where's my order?", that's time and money being wasted.

Of course if any kind of status page isn't done properly, or updated daily, of course it will fail. I think that is the reality of why it's blown off each time it's suggested, as I don't think anyone wants to really keep it up to date, and that's fine. But there is no way in hell having something like that wouldn't cut down on at least 50% of current "where's my order" request. Then you have a someone shipping packages, or doing things that help bring in funds Vs. wasting them.

I still don't think it would hurt to try.

In a related matter, anyone know when the blind boxes start shipping?

bread's done
Back