Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
As someone who doesn't frequent Twitter, I wish they would post some of these things in the news section on their actual website, or send out e-mails to affected customers.

Granted this is just a minor inconvenience, but getting a message that says "hey your game is being delayed, and here's why" would be nice.
I definitely agree with this. I think sending out "update" emails to verified purchasers of the games would be the easiest solution especially if they don't meet their predicted shipping times at listing. They send out emails to confirm your purchase, why not one to update the status of it? Seems simple enough.

In my personal opinion Twitter and Facebook are cesspools and I prefer to stay far away from them. Right now I have to rely on the CAG or LRG forums to get order updates and it shouldn't be that way.

FYI there's rumors that Sky Force Reloaded is getting a physical release, which I tend to think is probably true since LRG is only releasing Sky Force Anniversary

Anyone have any thoughts on the recently announced "Sky Force Anniversary"? Looks like a decent vertical shmup. The initial levels of the game look a lot slower paced than other games of this type that I've seen so it might be a good one for casuals, at least at the beginning.
It's an absolutely fantastic shmup. Yes it starts out slow (ship moves slowly and is underpowered), but as you upgrade your ship and get to later levels, it gets insane. Graphics are really nice along with sound effects and music. I played both Sky Force games on Android and they're fantastic, great to have them on consoles!

And btw Sky Force Reloaded is even better, added new features and plays great.

Last edited by a moderator:
They can't possibly think that an info page would increase the amount of tickets they get asking for shipment updates, right?

They can't possibly think that an info page would increase the amount of tickets they get asking for shipment updates, right?
I don't think they believe it would increase support tickets, so much as not reducing them much, to make it worth their trouble :dunce: Go figure right?

No, they think providing information on their own site is worthless. Because clearly no one goes to their site for information except all the people asking constantly why they can't find information on their site.

These guys are some of the most stubborn and counter productive business people I've run across in a long time. That's saying a lot. Bitch about how busy their CS is and then refuse to do the most logical thing to help prevent/reduce it.

I definitely agree with this. I think sending out "update" emails to verified purchasers of the games would be the easiest solution especially if they don't meet their predicted shipping times at listing. They send out emails to confirm your purchase, why not one to update the status of it? Seems simple enough.

In my personal opinion Twitter and Facebook are cesspools and I prefer to stay far away from them. Right now I have to rely on the CAG or LRG forums to get order updates and it shouldn't be that way.
Well. They did say they were going to improve on communication. :p

No, they think providing information on their own site is worthless. Because clearly no one goes to their site for information except all the people asking constantly why they can't find information on their site.

These guys are some of the most stubborn and counter productive business people I've run across in a long time. That's saying a lot. Bitch about how busy their CS is and then refuse to do the most logical thing to help prevent/reduce it.
LOL, so true^

Yeah, we can all get there week after week to buy games, but the same group of customers can't find and click a "shipping update" button? That boggles my mind as well! LOL

There are several guys on CAG who I'm sure would keep the OP here up to date so long as they are being given the info to do so behind the scenes.

I don't know if I can keep up anymore, they really need to slow down and have a fixed amount of releases each month(no exceptions)[preferably not more than 2 releases] and games should go on sale only when LRG have them in hand ready to ship as soon as sale ends.

There in it to make money. Not supply you with a limited release of a physical copy of a digital only game as they state. People just ate the concept up of collecting. Now they realize they are pumping these releases out like hotcakes and a lot of people have backlog of games they don't even want to play but purchased solely on collectability. Hence why no one wants those grab box things they offer now. I guess a blind box of a random LRG release. I own a PS4 now and been paying attention to this thread since the start. I still do not own one LRG game. The company sold you a concept more then they sold you a game and people bought into that.

I don't know if I can keep up anymore, they really need to slow down and have a fixed amount of releases each month(no exceptions)[preferably not more than 2 releases] and games should go on sale only when LRG have them in hand ready to ship as soon as sale ends.
I'd prefer like one good game a month instead of (I'll be nice and say) a bunch of less desirable games. Ofcourse you don't have to buy them all. I only bought Yesterday Origins on Friday. I've been fairly picky for a while now.

Pretty sure they had to delay a lot of releases that's why most of 2017 was swamped.

LRG if you guys are doing VR titles PLEASE somehow do a physical release of Thumper.

There in it to make money. Not supply you with a limited release of a physical copy of a digital only game as they state. People just ate the concept up of collecting. Now they realize they are pumping these releases out like hotcakes and a lot of people have backlog of games they don't even want to play but purchased solely on collectability. Hence why no one wants those grab box things they offer now. I guess a blind box of a random LRG release. I own a PS4 now and been paying attention to this thread since the start. I still do not own one LRG game. The company sold you a concept more then they sold you a game and people bought into that.
Your right, but the way releases have been sped up has cost them some repeat longer term customers.

As someone who was trying to collect and have a lot of the early stuff, I stopped going for everything early in 2017 where we saw the number of releases pick up, but July/August really caused me to slow down I've only done 1 release and the blowout sale since then which was mostly for F&F.

In July we saw 7 releases and in August there were 8, so 15 releases in 50 days which was just too much. I remember thinking just 1 year ago at that time "Man, we had 5 PS4 games released in this span last year, and now we are looking at 15" and as someone who was buying faithfully before, it turned me off.

I've seen comments that things will slow down this year but not for a few months still, which after that point then maybe I can keep up and will revisit, but it turned me from a 2-3 release a month person into a 0-1 every few month person. Still love what LRG does and the idea of putting the digital to physical, it's really that the speed turned it more of a collection into a situation to grab a few games I may enjoy.

Yeah, I think that's the long term plan at this point, but they signed tons of games awhile back and are still running thru the backlog. Since I only get Vita titles, it's for sure been getting better, but there are those months.......LOL

Releases shouldn't slow. The more games they manage to offer in physical form the better it is for the hobby. People just need to do whats best for themselves financially and mentally whether it be to collect them all, buy only the titles that resonate with them, or drop out altogether. There is no wrong choice and this isn't a life or death scenario.

"Yesterday Origins" is such a terrible title. :rofl: It has to be the worst title for a video game since "Stories: the Path of Destinies", "Birthdays the Beginning", or "Bravely Default".
"Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st]" is clearly the pinnacle of video game titles.

Releases shouldn't slow. The more games they manage to offer in physical form the better it is for the hobby. People just need to do whats best for themselves financially and mentally whether it be to collect them all, buy only the titles that resonate with them, or drop out altogether. There is no wrong choice and this isn't a life or death scenario.
That's all well and good until bad release after bad release turns people off, it takes days and days to sell a couple thousand copies, they lose customers, and the releases stop altogether. That's not good for the hobby. A lot of the people who have been critical of LRG this past year, myself included, want them to be successful in the long-term, and it's frustrating to see dumb choice after dumb choice.

I disagree not every single game out there deserves to have a physical copy and fixed releases is much better option then chaos we're facing right now. Sometimes the titles are revealed just a few days before the actual release while the games announced ages ago still have not seen the light of the day and once you order the game it might take more than a month to get to you, that's basically a pre-order. I hope LRG can sort these things out and gets back on track.

That's all well and good until bad release after bad release turns people off, it takes days and days to sell a couple thousand copies, they lose customers, and the releases stop altogether. That's not good for the hobby.
It would be "normal" for it to take "days and days" (or longer) to sell a couple of thousand copies. Based on some of the comments in this thread, many of these games shouldn't sell out period. The fact that LRG can still sell them out says quite a lot.

Your comment only makes sense, I guess, if we are still talking about people who feel like they have to buy every single release. Yes, those people that have some weird "collect-them-all" mentality should probably have been turned off by some of these releases a long time ago. For many of us, if LRG releases a game we're not interested in, we just don't buy them - like every general wide retail release.

It would be "normal" for it to take "days and days" (or longer) to sell a couple of thousand copies. Based on some of the comments in this thread, many of these games shouldn't sell out period. The fact that LRG can still sell them out says quite a lot.

Your comment only makes sense, I guess, if we are still talking about people who feel like they have to buy every single release. Yes, those people that have some weird "collect-them-all" mentality should probably have been turned off by some of these releases a long time ago. For many of us, if LRG releases a game we're not interested in, we just don't buy them - like every general wide retail release.
Yeah, I'm mostly on this side of the equation^, even before I finally missed a release last week. Why should games being released on a regular basis be a problem for a game company? What system only has select games being released each month? None of them, as the more games at retail, the more options for the consumer, and more game sells overall as well as systems that run them.

The only issues I see here are from those whining from the collectors crowd, who want to dictate the flow of what and when they want to collect. If a bunch of games come out, and some are bad, don't buy it. What a novel fuck ing concept right? I heard tons of people complain about Aqua Kitty when it was offered(cheap ass mobile game was the mantra), it was one of my favorite Vita games before LRG ever offered it. Why should I miss out on a game like that, because others may not like it?

I thought Mecho Tales might have been one of the worst games I had ever seen, and the reviews stated as much. I opted not to buy it so I wouldn't show support for a poor product. It also sold out within a few days, and LRG made some funds, as well as the developer. Consumers bought it for whatever reason, and now it's on to the next title.

I understand why LRG is now practicing a less is better mind set, but I honestly don't agree with it. If preserving games in a physical format was one of the main reasons to do what they do, games shouldn't be excluded because someone might actually buy it while others don't. There's a reason why many different TV shows are produced, movies, breakfast cereal, cars and clothes. Not all people like the same things, so why shouldn't a cool puzzle game get released, that might only sell 1200 units? Why should only the bigger name games see release now that might sell upwards of 5000?

That's what's wrong in this country now, you have a few deciding whats right for the many, and it's complete and utter BS! What the fuck happened to freedom of choice?

That's almost as catchy as the title to one of Fiona Apple's albums: When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing 'fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might so When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You'll Know That You're Right

Yeah, I'm mostly on this side of the equation^, even before I finally missed a release last week. Why should games being released on a regular basis be a problem for a game company? What system only has select games being released each month? None of them, as the more games at retail, the more options for the consumer, and more game sells overall as well as systems that run them.

The only issues I see here are from those whining from the collectors crowd, who want to dictate the flow of what and when they want to collect. If a bunch of games come out, and some are bad, don't buy it. What a novel fuck ing concept right? I heard tons of people complain about Aqua Kitty when it was offered(cheap ass mobile game was the mantra), it was one of my favorite Vita games before LRG ever offered it. Why should I miss out on a game like that, because others may not like it?

I thought Mecho Tales might have been one of the worst games I had ever seen, and the reviews stated as much. I opted not to buy it so I wouldn't show support for a poor product. It also sold out within a few days, and LRG made some funds, as well as the developer. Consumers bought it for whatever reason, and now it's on to the next title.

I understand why LRG is now practicing a less is better mind set, but I honestly don't agree with it. If preserving games in a physical format was one of the main reasons to do what they do, games shouldn't be excluded because someone might actually buy it while others don't. There's a reason why many different TV shows are produced, movies, breakfast cereal, cars and clothes. Not all people like the same things, so why shouldn't a cool puzzle game get released, that might only sell 1200 units? Why should only the bigger name games see release now that might sell upwards of 5000?

That's what's wrong in this country now, you have a few deciding whats right for the many, and it's complete and utter BS! What the fuck happened to freedom of choice?
Gonna throw you a couple of responses.

1) Companies DO stagger releases because they know the average consumer has limited disposable income and they want to sell the most copies. I can't think of a specific scenario, but I believe a company delayed the release of a game so as to not go up against GTAV years ago.

2) I collect, but my wanting them to slow down has to do with my recent lack of disposable income. If 4 games I want come out in one month from LRG, I'll definitely have to pick and choose. Free country, I'm absolutely allowed to feel this way and express that I feel this way. Wah.

3) I believe Doug or Josh commented on explicitly why they are passing on certain games. I can't recall for certain or link the source, but I believe it was a combo of they just don't have the time or resources to release EVERY game and every subpar game they release they get a lot of shit from consumers complaining because they'd rather see stuff of a higher caliber. Plus, other limited run publishers are coming out and could easily take the smaller titles to build up their respective brands. Passing on a smaller game to be published by a different publisher, thus creating new companies to preserve physical media is still supporting that ideal.

4) ESRB mandates have increased operating costs for LRG, so selling only 1,200 games might not make enough money to pay for production and distribution while still providing a worthwhile amount of money to the developers. Obviously 2-3,000 works still since they are still doing print runs that size, but any indie games that had production costs of over $1 million or something have extraordinarily higher ESRB fees which makes them unreasonable to produce (i.e. Ruiner) in such small numbers.

Gonna throw you a couple of responses.

1) Companies DO stagger releases because they know the average consumer has limited disposable income and they want to sell the most copies. I can't think of a specific scenario, but I believe a company delayed the release of a game so as to not go up against GTAV years ago.
Yeah, when I referred to this, is was in regards to the system, and not a specific developer. Of course a game GTA is going to have smaller releases possibly move their titles, but there is only so many weeks in a year. Sometimes you get 50 games a month, and sometimes 10. That's just the way it is, and has been that way for 30+ years. The same way it's suicide at the box office to release a big budget movie along side another, but it happens all the time. Some get changed, while others don't.

Now of course, it's common sense that LRG shouldn't be releasing 10 of their own titles in a month(if they can avoid it), as that's going to hurt them directly. But they can't dictate what other companies or going to do, or vice versa. And even their own titles, due to other issues, sometimes will have a busy month. Their trying to stop that from happening, but they will still have releases that happen along side games for ONE/PS4/NS, as well as their own games that have to be sold by a deadline.

Of course everyone is allowed to bitch about their own personal problems, but I see tons of games released monthly, weekly, and daily for all systems from all devlopers. And no one is shouting from the roof tops about how they can't buy them all. Why is LRG singled out for releasing games, when games are released weekly across many platforms? I just looked at the PS4 releases for January over at Gamefaqs, and there's 20. I don't know how many are physical, but lets say 10. Holy Shit, is anyone here buying them all? I doubt it, but no one is bitching any where about it either.

All I'm saying is why is LRG different than anyone else offering games?

That's all well and good until bad release after bad release turns people off, it takes days and days to sell a couple thousand copies, they lose customers, and the releases stop altogether. That's not good for the hobby. A lot of the people who have been critical of LRG this past year, myself included, want them to be successful in the long-term, and it's frustrating to see dumb choice after dumb choice.
People have been raising this same tired argument since the earliest LRG releases. If they can sell out on a release like Lawbreakers which was online only and had a dead community long before the physical releases ever made their way to customers and Mecho Tales which had an incredible amount of developer bad will serving as a sales obstacle and still manage to keep selling out each release after that (which they have done), there is literally no single bad release that is going to turn customers off. As others have pointed out, there is really no reason for LRG to slow down releases at this point, especially when they were able to still quickly sell out everything they released up until the week before Christmas. I mean the reality is that most of LRG's customers are able to afford the product or have good self control and only buy what they really want. I will acknowledge that there are some collectors without substantial disposable income and who lack self restraint, but a successful business can't build around those people as they will never be able to satisfy them and it's better to target the larger audience that will buy on a regular basis, regardless of timing or volume.

I will acknowledge that there are some collectors without substantial disposable income and who lack self restraint, but a successful business can't build around those people as they will never be able to satisfy them and it's better to target the larger audience that will buy on a regular basis, regardless of timing or volume.
That makes to much sense, so it probably won't reach the masses in this thread, but well said either way. LOL

Because those 10-20 games that are coming out, if they miss the release date because of money, they can always go buy it next month... maybe even cheaper with sales and such.

LRG, if you miss the release date, chances are you are going to have to up pay for your copy.

Any input on buying the same game for both Vita and PS4?  I started to in the past but it is so much cash that just seems excessive.  Any input from anyone?

This. Who's to say which games do or don't deserve a physical release? Every game stands as a tiny piece of the history of our hobby, and nearly every game will find an audience, be it large or small. Games deserve the same kind of preservation that any other medium does. I know most people don't view things in this way like I do, but I genuinely appreciate what LRG does for gaming as a whole. And while I appreciate the role that collectors play in this too, there are many of them that would just as soon end (or limit) all of these important smaller releases in the name of maintaining their 100% collections--which is completely antithetical to collecting and will never make sense to me.

Of course everyone is allowed to bitch about their own personal problems, but I see tons of games released monthly, weekly, and daily for all systems from all devlopers. And no one is shouting from the roof tops about how they can't buy them all. Why is LRG singled out for releasing games, when games are released weekly across many platforms? I just looked at the PS4 releases for January over at Gamefaqs, and there's 20. I don't know how many are physical, but lets say 10. Holy Shit, is anyone here buying them all? I doubt it, but no one is bitching any where about it either.

Those tons of games released that you are talking about from other publishers, you can go and see release lists and release dates months in advance for most of it. There aren't that many real surprises because unlike LRG, the developers/publishers have to get the word out about their game before launch in order to raise awareness. I've never had to really work to keep up with any other regular publisher like I have with LRG.... because other developers don't make their fans work for it. Just for the record, I personally don't care if they release 100 games a week. They helped break me long ago from collecting for the vita. All I really want is plenty of advance on what games are coming out in the weeks and months ahead as well as it would be great if they had a shipping progress page just to know what was going on. If they could also stop with announcing that they are about to announce something ... that would be nice too.

Those tons of games released that you are talking about from other publishers, you can go and see release lists and release dates months in advance for most of it. There aren't that many real surprises because unlike LRG, the developers/publishers have to get the word out about their game before launch in order to raise awareness. I've never had to really work to keep up with any other regular publisher like I have with LRG.... because other developers don't make their fans work for it. Just for the record, I personally don't care if they release 100 games a week. They helped break me long ago from collecting for the vita. All I really want is plenty of advance on what games are coming out in the weeks and months ahead as well as it would be great if they had a shipping progress page just to know what was going on. If they could also stop with announcing that they are about to announce something ... that would be nice too.
That's true as well. With those other 10-20 games a month, you can pre-order and pre-pay for the games, paying a few dollars here and there. Most places let you trade and such.

That aside, I agree, it would be way nicer if they'd announce stuff further out than 1 week in advance. Plus so often they will say "Oh we are going to announce a new title later today" and then something comes up and they take another week to make their announcement.

Any input on buying the same game for both Vita and PS4? I started to in the past but it is so much cash that just seems excessive. Any input from anyone?
Holy moly, I stopped doing that after the first few PS4 titles came on the scene. I saw right away what rabbit hole that went down, and just opted to stick with Vita. Now keep in mind, I don't have a PS4, so my buying there was to build it over time, so once I do have a system, I would have the games I wanted. Even just getting the games I wanted, it was going to be to much.

If you have both systems, it comes down to which system you would prefer certain games on. Some here buy for Vita in certain cases, and the PS4 in others. Then of course you have those who buy all games across both systems. If your asking, it's obvious you don't want to keep that up, so just go on a game to game basis, and select based on performance, extra's, or ease of use.

Any input on buying the same game for both Vita and PS4? I started to in the past but it is so much cash that just seems excessive. Any input from anyone?
Seems like a waste of money unless you have the cash to burn and want to go for a complete set.

Pick a platform you want to play it on. Don't see the point of buying both platforms unless you really want to support the developer. That's my opinion.

chrislaustin makes a good point, it should depend on which system you play more and what game is better suited for which system.

I've only gotten three PS4 games, but to be honest, I shouldn't have gotten Nex Machina as I think I'd rather have it digitally to jump in for a quick play. I think there's some, myself included, that were excited for physical Vita releases because it saves space on those ridiculously expensive memory cards. I have a 4TB external on my PS4, so that isn't a concern of mine. Truth be told, unless it's a fantastic game that really makes me excited, I'll probably skip future PS4 titles to save shelf space.

edit: I should clarify that the only game I've purchased on both PS4 and Vita is Windjammers. This way I can play it on the go with my Vita, but also with friends and family on my PS4.

Because those 10-20 games that are coming out, if they miss the release date because of money, they can always go buy it next month... maybe even cheaper with sales and such.

LRG, if you miss the release date, chances are you are going to have to up pay for your copy.
You guys make very legit points, but they still pretty much only fall in line for those who are buying every title, which is the collector. Ultimately, that crowd has already won the fight, as LRG has been saying for 6 months how they plan to get to only a few titles a month. And that the games offered will be considered "better" overall, than in the past. So what are you guys still fuck ing complaining about?

And why is LRG making someone "work for it", when they are the middle man, and not the creators of these games? The developers couldn't be bothered to offer physical in the first place, but LRG is the bad guy for signing a deal, bringing a game to market, and then get slammed because they didn't offer a bigger heads up to the guys complaining in the first place?

I honestly don't care how many games they release either, but if I was selling to someone who had this mind set, I sure as hell wouldn't be changing a single thing about my business to make that group happy, as they never will be.

LRG can release as many titles as they they want.  They are also devaluing their brand name with every subsequent month.  TBH I'm pretty surprised that this house of cards hasn't come tumbling down yet, considering how long similar releases stay in-stock at other online retailers.  But apparently there are still ~1-1.5k domestic "complete PS4/Vita collection" people out there. 

I did get Rock Boshers, since it looked neat, but after that I will just wait for the ones I've been waiting forever for. These include Valhalla Vita, Narcissu PS4, Rabi Rabi Vita, and Cosmic Star Heroine Vita. Anything else is just whatever, but out of those Rabi Rabi is my most wanted.

I'm also an idiot who gambled on some Vita blind boxes, but seeing likely the last set of Breach and Clear tempted me hard. Whenever I get them, I'll tell you what I get. I bought very few LRG releases last year (Deemo, Nex Machina, Night Trap, Wonder Boy), so I don't have a high chance of getting what I already bought (since most were PS4 releases), and if I get another Deemo i'd figure out someone to give it to.

You guys make very legit points, but they still pretty much only fall in line for those who are buying every title, which is the collector. Ultimately, that crowd has already won the fight, as LRG has been saying for 6 months how they plan to get to only a few titles a month. And that the games offered will be considered "better" overall, than in the past. So what are you guys still fuck ing complaining about?

And why is LRG making someone "work for it", when they are the middle man, and not the creators of these games? The developers couldn't be bothered to offer physical in the first place, but LRG is the bad guy for signing a deal, bringing a game to market, and then get slammed because they didn't offer a bigger heads up to the guys complaining in the first place?

I honestly don't care how many games they release either, but if I was selling to someone who had this mind set, I sure as hell wouldn't be changing a single thing about my business to make that group happy, as they never will be.
YASSSSSSSS

LRG can release as many titles as they they want. They are also devaluing their brand name with every subsequent month. TBH I'm pretty surprised that this house of cards hasn't come tumbling down yet, considering how long similar releases stay in-stock at other online retailers. But apparently there are still ~1-1.5k domestic "complete PS4/Vita collection" people out there.
Except they really aren't. People have been saying that it's just a matter of time until they collapse since day one. Despite your negative opinion, they continue to sell out release after release and their "competitors" have struggled to even break into the market. I mean Play Asia and Strictly Limited have essentially resorted to unprofitable stunts by limiting some of their recent releases to tiny print runs to compete. Iam8Bit and Special Reserve have released a tiny number of releases over the past year. Signature Edition Games has similarly struggled to release titles on a timely basis. LRG have found a successful model and while they have been willing to communicate with the community (which none of their competitors have really done at all), they have stayed true to their business model and have had continuing success as a result. Maybe it's time to realize that every time you or one of your trolling contemporaries predict collapse and it doesn't happen, you are ruining your credibility.

Except they really aren't. People have been saying that it's just a matter of time until they collapse since day one. Despite your negative opinion, they continue to sell out release after release and their "competitors" have struggled to even break into the market. I mean Play Asia and Strictly Limited have essentially resorted to unprofitable stunts by limiting some of their recent releases to tiny print runs to compete. Iam8Bit and Special Reserve have released a tiny number of releases over the past year. Signature Edition Games has similarly struggled to release titles on a timely basis. LRG have found a successful model and while they have been willing to communicate with the community (which none of their competitors have really done at all), they have stayed true to their business model and have had continuing success as a result. Maybe it's time to realize that every time you or one of your trolling contemporaries predict collapse and it doesn't happen, you are ruining your credibility.
Truly some great points, but LRG somewhat knows how many customers they've lost that used to buy every single release. Look at all the LRG lots on eBay. A lot of future sales are lost when even one collector quits trying to keep up. Folks are cashing out and if I acknowledge that, it doesn't make me a troll.

It just won't last if you take Collectors out of an equation where the variables are physical media in 2018, obscure titles available for $4.99 digitally, and an unclear extended period of time before they ship said titles. Who other than Collectors would buy these?????

Also, if every one of LRG's competitors is failing, it only proves how small the niche market is, and highlights just how important the "collectibility" aspect is over the idea that it's the actual games people want.

Truly some great points, but LRG somewhat knows how many customers they've lost that used to buy every single release. Look at all the LRG lots on eBay. A lot of future sales are lost when even one collector quits trying to keep up. Folks are cashing out and if I acknowledge that, it doesn't make me a troll.

It just won't last if you take Collectors out of an equation where the variables are physical media in 2018, obscure titles available for $4.99 digitally, and an unclear extended period of time before they ship said titles. Who other than Collectors would buy these?????

Also, if every one of LRG's competitors is failing, it only proves how small the niche market is, and highlights just how important the "collectibility" aspect is over the idea that it's the actual games people want.
The only thing Ebay prices now show, is that the games are getting in to the hands of those who actually want them in the first place. Prices aren't super high for most titles, but they are at least at retail, with a little more on top. What new games release at retail this month, can say the same months from now? Maybe 1% of titles, and those are the ones with low runs, or OOP same as LRG titles.

As for the other businesses not doing as well, it's because most of the games offered aren't that great, and since they have little to no market share, it's unlikely they'll get many more "great" games(but I think there have been many from them all honestly). I think Play-Asia has been doing OK, but they have a limited amount of games they can offer, based on who they are partnered up with. Signature Edition has had some good titles, with more on the way, including NS games. And Special Reserves has shit service, so no surprise if they are having issues. All of the other players in this game are also from other regions, which is going to effect them as well.

For every person here who stopped buying each and every title from LRG, there is a new fan just starting out, and taking their place. This mythical "bubble bursting" that keeps getting thrown around is a pipe dream at best. The only way LRG will stop selling titles, is if consumers stop buying physical altogether, and Sony shuts down production.

There are many niche businesses in the world that do well because they are niche, and know how to sell to their intended market. If others aren't doing as well as LRG, that just shows how they should have been first, and not second. Not every great idea can be duplicated and reproduced with success.

bread's done
Back