Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Just a FYI for people who actually plan to open and play Fallen Legion for Vita. It looks worse, longer load times, has massive framerate drops(that mess up timing) to single digits and is choppy throughout. Also some save issues.
All these problems have been patched.

The game has had about eight patches since launch that are all related to these issues.

Shorter Load times, increased frame rate and fixed save game issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a FYI for people who actually plan to open and play Fallen Legion for Vita. It looks worse, longer load times, has massive framerate drops(that mess up timing) to single digits and is choppy throughout. Also some save issues.
Looks and plays like garbage , stay away.

Thank you. I just started thinking about the game out the blue.
Just make sure to sign up for their email alerts, and you'll get a notice around a week before every new release. As well as the day before, and the day of normally a few minutes before going live, but often when the selling time starts. Which is pretty useless on the busy days, as the titles are gone before you notice the message. LOL But on slower days, it can help as well, especially if you wake up late and forgot it was d-day.

I already sold all of my copies, on Ebay, for $100+ and mailed them out.
Waiting on all of mine
ca9939fc566c5b70996194c75c6bb260.jpg

From my understanding you can't legally just buy something like games, or movies, and rent them out. Not without some sort of agreement with the publisher/developer.
It's absolutely allowed under first sale doctrine (movies, video games, etc.). There is an exception for computer software, but it excludes console/portable video games, so it's all good in this case.

No clue why they'd even bother a lawyer to stop it anyway, as any publicity is good publicity. $$$$$ comes quickly to mind though...

Not sure why someone'd bother to be so whiny all the time anyway, as any means to get the game to a wider audience is a good means. Sandy vagina comes quickly to mind though...

No clue why someone'd even bother to post the same sad song over and over again anyway, as any publicity is good publicity. Sandy vagina comes quickly to mind though...

From my understanding you can't legally just buy something like games, or movies, and rent them out. Not without some sort of agreement with the publisher/developer.
This is true for movies, you need a license from http://www.mplc.com to rent out movies otherwise you run the risk of violating copyright law and can very easily be sued by the industry. Video is pretty highly regulated. It's the same reason you can't open up a movie theater with a projector and br player and sell tickets showing movies you bought at the store. Fair use doesn't apply. Back in the day the benefit of being licensed also meant stores could get movies in before retail and buy them from whole sellers. Games, had no barrier.

How Gamefly got copies to rent out? My guess is they either just bought the limit of two, or the game developer contacted them and sold them some copies. Either way, it's good for LRG & the publisher that the games are ESRB rated. Hopefully this gets the developer a little extra exposure. It reminds me a bit of the late 80's, going into rental stores and seeing games that never made it to the local walmart stores. There are many series I never would have played if not for rental companies back in the day. Maybe someone will end up a fan of this small company thanks to that one rental.

No clue why they'd even bother a lawyer to stop it anyway, as any publicity is good publicity. $$$$$ comes quickly to mind though...
Didn't ask our lawyer, he did a talk on this a while back at a convention regarding game law.

We were just letting people know that there is no law against it, but we didn't sell them any copies directly either.

I already sold all of my copies, on Ebay, for $100+ and mailed them out.
Found Chris

I just saw the Super Hydorah stuff, does Gamefly send you the full case when you rent a game? Doug should definitely try to figure out what's going on here because if Sony is printing excess stock to rent out to gamefly there is something fucked up going on, maybe they should delay the release date

Found Chris

I just saw the Super Hydorah stuff, does Gamefly send you the full case when you rent a game? Doug should definitely try to figure out what's going on here because if Sony is printing excess stock to rent out to gamefly there is something fucked up going on
Renting, they just send the game disc or cart. When you buy from them used, you get the case, manual and game.

ah (for context was curious if renting it if you'd get a game with the barcode punched out)
Yeah, normally it insures you get a pretty new case and manual, as they have never technically been used(since they only send the games for rent). Sadly, the disc & cart may not be as nice, but they do have pretty good deals when offered.

Yeah, normally it insures you get a pretty new case and manual, as they have never technically been used(since they only send the games for rent). Sadly, the disc & cart may not be as nice, but they do have pretty good deals when offered.
I stopped getting their used discs because they always had chips around the outer perimeter. It doesn't affect performance (except maybe on Wii U discs), but it's enough of a thing to annoy me. It must have something to do with how they resurface the discs.

gallery_290746_7390_1370780575_25362.jpg

I stopped getting their used discs because they always had chips around the outer perimeter. It doesn't affect performance (except maybe on Wii U discs), but it's enough of a thing to annoy me. It must have something to do with how they resurface the discs.
Or it could happen when they get banged in those paper mailers they use for rentals. I've actually never ordered anything from them personally, as I always figured rented disc are beat to hell and then some. When we used to get movie disc from Netflix, several had to be returned because they would no longer play.

I always figured game disc would be 10x worse, as often any imperfections can cause read errors. Carts always seemed the safer bet when buying used from Gamefly, as they have less chance of issues that keep the medium from working. They still have good deals for those who don't mind the imperfections, and just want to play some cheap games. It's also a good place to get "like new" cases and manuals for games that might not have them at GS or other places. It's a trade off for sure.

So I recently got Skull Girls and Volume but did anyone get the big Volume Postcard, before they changed to the trading cards we used to get big postcards with artwork, did anyone get it with their skullgirls bundle? 

So I recently got Skull Girls and Volume but did anyone get the big Volume Postcard, before they changed to the trading cards we used to get big postcards with artwork, did anyone get it with their skullgirls bundle?
I'd have to double check, but pretty positive I have a postcard for Volume.

I'd imaging the Volume postcards were sold off without considering the few that had bundled it with Skull Girls.  Overall, a shame (whatever the case) that y'all didn't get them, but hey at least they didn't sell off or lose the games during the 16+ month wait.

i also didnt get the postcard. i only got 1 sticker and 2 skull girl cards. i got water damage on my skullgirl slipcover. sigh

u been very unlucky on ebay jeff. u kept posting this or that guy scamming u.
I just wanted to give everyone a heads up, that if you use ebay, you want to avoid the below buyer.

He bought a couple of LRG releases from me, and then claimed he didn't get them. He opened a dispute with paypal, and kept my games for free.

If you use ebay, I suggest you block this guy or risk him also taking advantage of you.

i_heart_vinyl_and_video_games

Ryan La Rue

PO Box 172

Colton, OR 97017

United States
u been very unlucky on ebay jeff. u kept posting this or that guy scamming u.

I'm just letting people know to watch out for the guy.... I'm trying to be nice, he screwed me and I don't want other people to fall victim to him.... that's all

Ryan La Rue

PO Box 172

Colton, OR 97017

Is anyone else still waiting for a shipping notice on their skullgirls bundle?
Wound up opening a ticket and undeed my order had fallen through the cracks. Something about it not getting marked appropriately when they split my Volume order. So for anyone who hasn't had their order ship, probably worth notifying them.

bread's done
Back