Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
If this does come through.. how the hell does this work, they only have two copies? I would imagine if they wanted a bulk order they would have to contact LRG which would ultimately be their decision if they want to sell or not.
I'm guessing multiple people at the company can just buy 2 copies each.

If this does come through.. how the hell does this work, they only have two copies? I would imagine if they wanted a bulk order they would have to contact LRG which would ultimately be their decision if they want to sell or not.
They probably hired that Chris guy over at Ebay, he seems to have the inside track, as well as out smarting the powers that be when it comes to breaking qty's. LOL

They might only have two copies. I used to be a member for the longest time, and there would be older or obscure games that would say "unavailable" and then would become available again. I would try to get them when they came back in and they would be OOS while I had them. And they would be back on the site after they got my copy in. So there were games I'm pretty sure they only had one copy of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn. I snagged a Hydorah this morning on my phone and went straight back to work, not paying attention to how fast it sold. I guess I should be more thankful that I even got one. Didn't think it would sell that fast, but then again probably should not have allowed 2 per person on 1st batch. 

I've been with LRG since Saturday Morning RPG and have ordered one of every standard PS4 game ever since then. I know to log-in early, refresh, blah blah. Super Hydorah was the first time I've had to rely on the afternoon batch for a game since Firewatch, which most people will recall was a disaster. Got it, but it was absolutely nerve-wracking.

Please consider limiting to two titles a week, or at least offering bundles that are one of each standard edition by system. When a game sells out in ~1 minute, it's nigh impossible to add all three and make it to checkout in time.

Forgot about the afternoon drop. Whoops! lol

That's where I'm at with this stuff, in a nutshell.  Was way too excited about the Ebay 20% off coupon, a couple of blu ray price errors in my favor, pre-ordering the new Dark Souls amiibo, and ordering the Octopath Traveler CE.  I was going to buy a copy of Super Hydorah and Fallen Legion on PS4.  This hobby is getting to be a bit too much, anyways. 

Remembered the sale this time and didn't pick up a thing.  The only thing I was actually interested was Super Hydorah but knowing there will be a vita version made it easier to pass since I prefer my shmups on my vita for some reason.  Fallen Legion looked interesting but not enough for me to pull the trigger.

Things was easier when there was only a single or two releases a month for me to I just don't want to say blind buy, but blind buy.  Now knowing I can't get every release regardless due to the volume has made me more picky as to which releases I want to grab.

Just curious, why do people want the Vita version of Super H over the PS4 one (unless you don’t own a PS4)? Wasn’t the vita version of Dariusburst watered down compared to the PS4 one?

Just curious, why do people want the Vita version of Super H over the PS4 one (unless you don’t own a PS4)? Wasn’t the vita version of Dariusburst watered down compared to the PS4 one?
I prefer playing shmups on a large screen with a stick. There are many advantages to playing them that way, especially when it comes to bullet hell games. But I also really like playing them on handhelds. Portability is the main factor. Shmups' pick up and play nature is perfect for handhelds. Also, when it comes to the Vita there are not a ton of shmups, so shmup fans will obviously be all over any Vita offerings. I got the PS4 version of SH today and will certainly try to get the Vita version as well.

On a side note, I hope LRG recognize that the thirst for shmups is real and will make SH on the VIta more readily available or limit copies per person. It sucks that people who wanted this game today were not able to get one due to it selling out so quickly.

Honestly, I just love handheld gaming over consoles. The PS4 is a beast compared to the Vita, so of course most games are going to be best on there. I've never cared to have the latest and greatest, so as long as a game isn't broken, I'm good with most downgrades compared to the PS4 versions.

Being able to play anywhere and anytime is the benefits for me, and that is HUGE. I just don't have time most days to sit down and fire up the big screen and make sure my controllers charged, etc. Vita, DS, 3DS, PSP are all great systems with tons of unique and fun games. It's just the best of all worlds for me, rolled in to one.

It’s the portable PSN ecosystem that I like. Switch is cool but I’m a trophy fool.

I like the ps4 version more because of multiplayer, darius on vita was strictly single so thats why i went ps4 with that.
There's been a shortage of co op games since the ps2 era ended.

If y'all really think there aren't ways to get past LRG limits, within the sell out time period, then you're crazy. I've flipped hundreds of LRG games since their inception, and I plan to keep in doing it.

The key is to just use LRG to your flipping advantage...

Just got this email from LRG:

Check Out Nintendo Force Magazine
Are you a Switch fan? Do you miss Nintendo Power?
Precursor, in case you missed it: we're a licensed publisher of physical products on the Nintendo Switch. We'll even have our first release up for preorder this month! Now onto the real point of this email...

If you're anything like us, you probably miss the glory days of print media. The days when Electronic Gaming Monthly, GameFan, GamePro, and countless other magazines filled our heads with the latest gaming news. If that describes you, you likely remember Nintendo Power and were as sad as us when it ceased publication. The good news is that Nintendo Force picked up where Nintendo Power left off and we're excited to say that their next issue will include not only an interview with Limited Run co-founders Josh Fairhurst and Douglas Bogart but a huge exclusive reveal of a game we're bringing to the Nintendo Switch, both physically and digitally.

Why are we telling you this? We're going to periodically supply Nintendo Force with exclusive Limited Run trading cards and we don't want you to miss out on them! $4.99 ($5.99 Canada/$12.99 worldwide) every two months gets US subscribers print issues with double-sided posters delivered to their doorstep. It's a great magazine that we want to make sure sees the audience it deserves. You showed the world that you still wanted physical games - now show it that you still want printed magazines!

It's worth noting that we have no financial stake in Nintendo Force nor incentive to supply free goodies for subscribers. We just love this magazine and want to see it thrive. We've bought every issue since their debut years ago on HP's MagCloud website, so our conviction to this is truly on a fan level. Please consider subscribing to this great magazine and help bring print media back! https://www.patreon.com/NintendoForce/posts?utm_source=Limited+Run+Games+Newsletter&utm_campaign=312aafdf13-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_03_10&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_5a5b46cbe7-312aafdf13-150915281

If y'all really think there aren't ways to get past LRG limits, within the sell out time period, then you're crazy. I've flipped hundreds of LRG games since their inception, and I plan to keep in doing it.

The key is to just use LRG to your flipping advantage...
tbt.gif

Gamefly isn't breaking limits when they have a few of their employees buy em. 

If you really wanted more than 2 copies, you can honestly ask your family and friends to help you out. 

LRG is selling more copy of the games they had on sale Yesterday right now on there site for anyone who miss out

Cool.  I got the e-mail as I was standing in line at Quiznos and I was able to grab a copy of each of the games I missed yesterday.  :D/

I wonder if LRG isn't dealing with some bot issues, hence today's restock. 

Can anyone who's signed up for that Nintendo Force magazine confirm whether it's $5+shipping or just $5 to sub. I feel like that's too good a deal. I don't even have a switch yet but I miss game magazines so I'd totally get in for $5 an issue

Can anyone who's signed up for that Nintendo Force magazine confirm whether it's $5+shipping or just $5 to sub. I feel like that's too good a deal. I don't even have a switch yet but I miss game magazines so I'd totally get in for $5 an issue
Yeah, that's $5 total, shipping included. I've been a subscriber from the start, and it's a great magazine. Much better than Nintendo Power ever was. I'm looking forward to the exclusive trading cards, as well as the packs from LRG if they ever get that started.

EDIT: I actually pledge at the 2 issue level, as I get an issue for me and my son, and they only ever charge the rate listed, nothing more.

Yeah, that's $5 total, shipping included. I've been a subscriber from the start, and it's a great magazine. Much better than Nintendo Power ever was. I'm looking forward to the exclusive trading cards, as well as the packs from LRG if they ever get that started.

EDIT: I actually pledge at the 2 issue level, as I get an issue for me and my son, and they only ever charge the rate listed, nothing more.
That's awesome. It's monthly? Like I said I'm not a Nintendo guy but I'd love to get a good gaming magazine again. Miss them so much. $5 for one shipped is a solid price too. Plus occasional LRG cards will be nice. Maybe this will convince me to buy a switch

If LRG ever releases the card packs my game buying will most likely go to 0/month as the cards are typically all I want.

That's awesome. It's monthly? Like I said I'm not a Nintendo guy but I'd love to get a good gaming magazine again. Miss them so much. $5 for one shipped is a solid price too. Plus occasional LRG cards will be nice. Maybe this will convince me to buy a switch
It's Bi-monthly, so the new one isn't due until May I believe. I subbed too recently, the mag is great for the price.

I'm tempted by the magazine especially the game posters since i use to love those as a kid, but i kinda wanted a all gaming magazine not just Nintendo exclusive. I'll think about it.

As stated, it's bi-monthly, but hopefully if "N" can keep the NS running strong, it could go monthly. I'll assume when it started, they didn't wan't to run dry on content(3ds/Wii u days), so they went with every two months. I also get Switch Player from the UK, from the Vita Lounge team, and it's monthly. Of course it's less pages, but still a solid effort every month.

I'm tempted by the magazine especially the game posters since i use to love those as a kid, but i kinda wanted a all gaming magazine not just Nintendo exclusive. I'll think about it.
Yeah, my son's room is covered in the posters, as there double sided and actually pretty good. Just recently I stated how I didn't see much value in the LRG posters in their CE, as I get pretty nice ones free with a magazine. This is one of the magazines I was referring to. It's slightly smaller than LRG offerings, but for a $5 magazine, with shipping included, a double sided poster is insane. And yes, it's folded, but for free, it's OK. And then to be getting some exclusive trading cards at some point, this is the best deal going. I actually have the 2 issue $8.99 deal, so my issues are just $4.50 a piece(with digital as well), which is an even better deal.

got my copy of screencheat.... came in a bubble mailer.... disc was loose inside.... very disappointed cause i wanted to keep it sealed. now im afraid all my other games i ordered as a single order will come loose. 

got my copy of screencheat.... came in a bubble mailer.... disc was loose inside.... very disappointed cause i wanted to keep it sealed. now im afraid all my other games i ordered as a single order will come loose.
You should PM josh and doug on here and tell them you got a loose copy.

The loose disc issue was a problem for me at first until I saw ways to fix it on YouTube. Just look it up. Now, when I get a loose disc, I just drop it on my carpet once or twice and it goes back into place.

You may have better luck with a box, but many here have gotten boxes and envelopes, and the loose disc ratio is about the same. Some get lucky with the boxes, as do some with the envelopes. As stated, there's plenty of videos online showing easy fixes to the issue.

Check Out Nintendo Force Magazine
Are you a Switch fan? Do you miss Nintendo Power?
Precursor, in case you missed it: we're a licensed publisher of physical products on the Nintendo Switch. We'll even have our first release up for preorder this month! Now onto the real point of this email...

Thank you for this just subscribed. I used to enjoy Nintendo Power back in the days.

Loose discs are just an unfortunate fact of life with PS4 games until they change the design of the case. I just received a sealed Assassin's Creed Origins Gold Steelbook in the mail with a loose disc. I intend on playing that game, so it's no big deal, but obviously the trick to get the disc set again won't work with the steelbook.

bread's done
Back