Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Honestly, this morning wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. That Medkit edition lasted much longer than I thought it would have. I hope the Thimbleweed CE goes as smooth.

Honestly, this morning wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. That Medkit edition lasted much longer than I thought it would have. I hope the Thimbleweed CE goes as smooth.
Heard a lot of people were bashing the CE so I was actually surprised it sold out. Although it is 2 per customer plus it being limited to 1,500 so I guess I shouldn’t be too surprised.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heard a lot of people were bashing the CE so I was actually surprised it sold out. Although it is 2 per customer plus it being limited to 1,500 so I guess I shouldn’t be too surprised.
Yeah, a lot of people bash every CE/SE they do, so I don't know how much that affected things. With the standard pricing starting at $50, that was a sore issue for many as well, so who knows? Plus this is a VN after all, so many may have not had interest, as I saw many here opt to pass because of that. $25 & $50 would have made more a much busier time I'm sure. I guess LRG was spot on in their estimates and offering 2 per person. I still think 1 per would have been better, but certainly this wasn't the worst we have seen. LOL

VNs are super niche already, and when they come with a higher price tag....they move slower I'm sure. I think that's one of the reasons why most of the higher profile VNs that come out for $35+ on release are mainly not bought by others on this site (or not admitted to). I buy them and some are some of my games/stories of the year, and generally the higher price usually means higher production values and length.

It's just a stigma VNs get. The game play is usually just barely there, but it's a visual novel and hopefully provides entertainment of a good book or short story or something. People just don't like to read as much anymore.

I'm skipping this week because I am more interesting in the upcoming Switch release and the game I may have wanted, Organ Trail (Vita), I already have a digital copy from a sale while back.

VNs are super niche already, and when they come with a higher price tag....they move slower I'm sure. I think that's one of the reasons why most of the higher profile VNs that come out for $35+ on release are mainly not bought by others on this site (or not admitted to). I buy them and some are some of my games/stories of the year, and generally the higher price usually means higher production values and length.

It's just a stigma VNs get. The game play is usually just barely there, but it's a visual novel and hopefully provides entertainment of a good book or short story or something. People just don't like to read as much anymore.
I guess things are relative, but seeing a game sell out in under an hour is incredible to me. I'm lucky I didn't have something to deal with at work or would have missed my window. I hope all Vita VNs last at least an hour so I can snag a copy.

I was including higher priced VNs like some Sekai Project, Mangagamer and JAST USA games. This would include digital releases. I hope the VNs and niche games last enough for those to get them. I'm looking forward to Rabi Rabi (not a VN I know but will be in high demand) and Narcissu.

Shoot, I woke up late and missed out!!!! On getting prime seats on opening night tor Infinity Wars. =\ Now I have to sit beside the center.

Considering Kero Blaster and Organ Trail Vita are still available not super fast. I think NLA lasted less than the others, but not sure. They were around for a bit though.

I just got kero blaster. I may be disappointed in it but it looked fun af when I saw videos. If it's just some hyper difficult bullshit I'll be angry with myself but from what I saw it seemed like fun.

Considering Kero Blaster and Organ Trail Vita are still available not super fast. I think NLA lasted less than the others, but not sure. They were around for a bit though.
lol I didn't even look at the website before posting I just figured the morning batch would have sold out.

I just got kero blaster. I may be disappointed in it but it looked fun af when I saw videos. If it's just some hyper difficult bullshit I'll be angry with myself but from what I saw it seemed like fun.
Kero is fun. Personally I don't think it's quite as fun as Cave Story but it's still worth a play through for sure!

I was deciding whether or not to purchase today but concluded that my wife would probably draw the line at a game entitled "Nurse Love Addiction"

Ended up ordering Nurse Love Addiction in the second run. It has so many positive reviews, I'm hoping it cancels out the few negative ones I read.

I hope you guys enjoy your copies of organ trail and kero blaster in this years upcoming blind boxes.
True. These are definitely going through the weekend. It's happening more and more with lower quality titles or games no one cares about in general. At the beginning that wasn't the case. Everything sold regardless.

If someone want to get their moneys worth out of an Indie game, Amazon has Axiom Verge Mutiverse Edition for PS4 at $20.

True. These are definitely going through the weekend. It's happening more and more with lower quality titles or games no one cares about in general. At the beginning that wasn't the case. Everything sold regardless.

If someone want to get their moneys worth out of an Indie game, Amazon has Axiom Verge Mutiverse Edition for PS4 at $20.
I don't think it has anything to do with the quality. The two games that didn't sell out are both highly rated indies. Certainly as highly rated as a number of the previous releases that sold out much quicker. Also, what happened to your shirt?

Just as expected, the CE of Nurse Love sold old very fast. Fairly easy to predict given that, much like shmups that have not been released in other regions, there is a diehard fan base for the genre. Perhaps in the future there will be a 1 per person limit on such titles with low print runs. Made no sense to me to allow 2 per person in the morning batch.

$30 more for that CE of Thimbleweed ain't worth it IMO. just additional papers and stickers. maybe a little figure or some keychain slightly push it for $30.

Wasn't there supposed to be a Wii U version of AV? Like I swear I read the story as they made Wii U copies but couldn't find a retailer to sell them.
They didn't distribute in the US from what I remember, I still have a UK preorder bookmark at 365games of the Wii U Multiverse edition.

Edit- srocky bringing the twitter knowledge- hope that the US still does see it

Does the Wii U version have any functionality with the GamePad? If it does I'd be interested otherwise I'd prefer the Vita version. Then again I guess I could just remote play the PS4 version since I'll be home anyway.

Nice to see that people are finally speaking with their wallet and letting these games stay in stock.

You can set up a page monitor to see exactly when LRG pulls stock and claims they all sold out!

Nice to see that people are finally speaking with their wallet and letting these games stay in stock.

You can set up a page monitor to see exactly when LRG pulls stock and claims they all sold out!
Maybe if they offered free shipping with the budget titles... :dunce:

Anyone here ever have to deal with a lost package from LRG?

My order of Screen Cheat and Bit Trip was delivered on Monday according to USPS tracking, but I don't have anything. I see their policy is you have to wait 30 days for any missing packages. What if these games sell out by next month? I know I could get a refund, but I just want the games.

My order of Screen Cheat and Bit Trip was delivered on Monday according to USPS tracking, but I don't have anything. I see their policy is you have to wait 30 days for any missing packages. What if these games sell out by next month? I know I could get a refund, but I just want the games.
The last time I remember seeing something similar posted here, that buyer was out of luck. Technically, if it shows delivered and you don't have it, that was a postal error and not LRG. In that situation, they had extra, and I believe they allowed the person who had the lost package to by another, but I don't think LRG covered the loss. Things may have changed, but that's how I remembered the details of it at the time.

EDIT: You can call your local station, and explain the situation, as they may have mis-delivered, or some other issue. Sadly, trying to get a hold of USPS is next to impossible, depending on your local office, but it's worth a try.

Yeah you need to call the post office, LRG isn't driving to your house to hand deliver your games

Your mailman probably fked up

Walk into your post office and request delivery information. They'll have geo-coordinates, delivery type, and other various information. Be sure to have your tracking number.

If they are not very cooperative with you, phone USPS customer service. Once you declare that your problem is a package problem, say operator and it will put you in a queue to talk with a real person. Expect to wait a while though. They'll put pressure on your post office.

I'm sure my situation is relatable as I currently have a package I lost from P-A that a stranger signed for and am still trying to seek reimbursement. I'm sure you'll have a better outcome.

Instead of the Med Kit for Nurse Love Addiction, LRG should of threw out those bandaids and included a sponge for NLA: Sponge Bath Edition.

Does the Wii U version have any functionality with the GamePad? If it does I'd be interested otherwise I'd prefer the Vita version. Then again I guess I could just remote play the PS4 version since I'll be home anyway.
Gamepad has a persistent map and selectable icons for the guns in addition to Off-TV play. It's not much, but the map is enough for me to wait for a physical Wii U release. Glad it's not canceled, even if the wait is a little long.

If the package ends up being delivered to your address and it's determined stolen LRG will make you fill out a police report. They hold copies of games for this exact situation.

If there's something USPS can do to help, they usually will. But if your mailman accidentally delivered it to the wrong postbox, they can't exactly knock on your neighbor's door and demand the package back. If your item was insured they'll reimburse you, but the vast majority of packages aren't insured. If it's not insured and they can't do anything, they'll give you the runaround until you give up.

In my apartment complex, our mail receptacle is a gazebo-like building with a few hundred small mailboxes (similar to PO Boxes or what you'd expect to see in a dorm).The structure is small enough that the GPS scans wouldn't indicate if the mailman gave my package to the box above, below, or to the side of mine. I've had mail misdelivered a few times and I got the CS equivalent of a shrug from USPS after hours of phonecalls.

Some companies are aware of this and will offer replacements (although they may require you to file police reports, pay shipping for your replacement, etc.). For LRG, the best thing you can do is open a ticket with their FreshDesk queue and explain the situation. I've heard mixed things on LRG's customer service, but the few times I've had to contact them they've been very reasonable and helpful.

ive had UPS sent to someones place over 20 blocks away. same house number but different street number. called up UPS and they said they gonna do investigation. they told me UPS prints out their own shipping label with the wrong address. did investigation and they said they couldnt do anything about it. told me to contact best buy and have them ship again. sheesh

also gotten USPS dropped my package off about a block or 2 away. dont even know how they mess it up. luckily it was a nice neighbor and brought it to me.

bread's done
Back