Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a pack of these Saturn cases and the quality is very good.  Only the CD tray insert didn't feel and look like the originals, but I have quite a few extra trays lying around so it wasn't a problem.  The original cases scratched up so easily and the hinges broke at an equal rate, it's nice to have a replacement case option that doesn't involve having to buy some old crappy sports title to cannibalize it.

Funny tidbit; the original cases have 2 different hinge sizes, I believe the majority of the cases I have are small.

Looks like I'm skipping this friday and monday.  I tried Mercenary Kings on Vita (through PSTV) and while it's a decent indie game.. it just didn't reach the level needed for me to want it in my collection physically.  Glad to see the pace of releases is pretty brisk.  When/IF they get to Golf Story, I'll be getting a copy of that unless it's priced stupidly.

Anyone know if Mercenary Kings will be getting a PS4 release? I'd prefer it on that console.
"These will come later, most likely June or July.

There was a reason they needed more time, but I can't think of it right now.... something with Vita.

EDIT OH YEAH! There was a bug in Vita and the game has to be rebuilt and resubmitted!"

Straight from Doug.

Yes, physical releases are scheduled for Vita and PS4. It may be as soon as Friday of next week if the rumors are to be trusted.
"These will come later, most likely June or July.

There was a reason they needed more time, but I can't think of it right now.... something with Vita.

EDIT OH YEAH! There was a bug in Vita and the game has to be rebuilt and resubmitted!"

Straight from Doug.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Probably leftovers. I was hoping for risk of rain because I slept on it twice but looks like no go. I just really loved that game a lot and wanted a nice complimentary display piece.

Probably leftovers. I was hoping for risk of rain because I slept on it twice but looks like no go. I just really loved that game a lot and wanted a nice complimentary display piece.
Yeah, leftovers was what I was thinking as well. I feel the same on the vinyls, as I was hoping since LRG kind of partners with Fangamer from time to time, I may have seen some Shovel Knight Vinyls, but no luck. I figured it was a long shot, but worth a "hope". LOL

Fangamer offered them last year, and by the time I saw the email, they where gone. Full size vinyls are about the next best thing to a proper rolled poster, as the art can actually be seen and enjoyed, unlike the small art that's offered normally on rather small sleeve art.

Yep, nothing for me today, but the Oddworld KS ends later this afternoon, so I'm debating getting the art book. So technically, I may still be putting some funds towards LRG, just not in my typical way. The book is supposed to be offered at retail, so no real bonus for getting it now, unless I wan't my name listed, and I could care less, so I may just wait.

Was on the fence about Future Unfolding, but then a review mentioned randomly generated worlds and that was all I needed to know to skip it.

I looked at the Steam page and immediately it went to likely get in a future humble monthtly. Doesn't look like my type of game. Also very cool for the Earthworm Jim soundtrack...easily one of my favorites back in the day.

I really, really dislike that they expect us to pre-order and fully pay for those two Switch games in April when they aren't out until August. At other stores, I can pre-order and not pay until it ships. If that's what it takes for LRG to do pre-orders then add me to the group that prefers the traditional mad rush at 7 am, as I've never missed something that I wanted, and I don't like having a bunch of money dumped into a product that I won't get for 3-4 months. 

I had to pay for play-asia per-orders a few months ago for stuff I'll likely get this and next month. It works for some places and some others no. Usually when places get your CC info they can charge on the shipping date, otherwise the money goes bye bye. Did I mention how much it hurt paying for Dollfie clothes I wont see till August? It sucks, but oh well.

I really, really dislike that they expect us to pre-order and fully pay for those two Switch games in April when they aren't out until August. At other stores, I can pre-order and not pay until it ships. If that's what it takes for LRG to do pre-orders then add me to the group that prefers the traditional mad rush at 7 am, as I've never missed something that I wanted, and I don't like having a bunch of money dumped into a product that I won't get for 3-4 months.
Not sure where you've been, but we're all waiting around months for our games whether they're nominally a "preorder" or not.

Anyway, I'm out on Switch games until they start delivering the one a month high quality platform exclusive titles like they promised. Not gonna get tricked into a full Switch LRG collection after seeing firsthand how shitty it went down with Vita and PS4. Fool me twice and all that.

I'm downloading the new NF magazine right now, report back in a few minutes with the BIG NS reveal. LOL

You have to keep in mind you’re dealing with a small shop and not a large corporation like amazon or Best Buy that have a ton of money lying around. If they have 3000 preorders at $65 each (even if they only pay $40 each) that’s $120,000 they would have to front. I’d have to imagine with multiple releases that number would add up quick. That would be tough for a small shop..

Night Trap Switch Bitches, It's a celebration! LOL

EDIT: What are the NS cart sizes? As I know the developer was trying to get a Vita version up and running, so if this was squeezed down to the Vita cart sizes, than there's hope. If larger sizes are used, I'll put it on the "not coming pile" in the back. LOL

You have to keep in mind you’re dealing with a small shop and not a large corporation like amazon or Best Buy that have a ton of money lying around. If they have 3000 preorders at $65 each (even if they only pay $40 each) that’s $120,000 they would have to front. I’d have to imagine with multiple releases that number would add up quick. That would be tough for a small shop..
I'm sure that you're not wrong there, as that makes a lot of sense. I'm a consumer, though. It's honestly a bit tiresome to always see people parading out a cavalcade of excuses for why x, y, and z thing that LRG does is anti-consumer, inconvenient, overly expensive etc. I don't know if you guys have all secretly invested in their company or what, but I'm a consumer first and foremost. I spend my money with them for a product and have no stake in their company. I think it's reasonable to point out a long wait, a huge markup, an unfriendly practice, too many releases, etc. Many of these things are probably good for them as a business and their bottom line, but I care more about my own.

I'm still buying a lot of releases from them, as they are still releasing games that I'd like to own, and I truly hope that they continue to be successful. But I think it's healthy to recognize and discuss business practices that aren't so great on the consumer side, especially when there are comparisons to be made that cast them in an even worse light.

EDIT: What are the NS cart sizes? As I know the developer was trying to get a Vita version up and running, so if this was squeezed down to the Vita cart sizes, than there's hope. If larger sizes are used, I'll put it on the "not coming pile" in the back. LOL
Seriously? They tease for a month and all it is, is a game that already came out for PS4? Sigh, LRG has talked about focusing on bringing out unique Switch titles and all we are getting are ports from other consoles. Where is Golf Story??

The big announcement was another double dip... That makes me a sad panda

Seriously? They tease for a month and all it is, is a game that already came out for PS4? Sigh, LRG has talked about focusing on bringing out unique Switch titles and all we are getting are ports from other consoles. Where is Golf Story??
LOL, yeah I know right?

I'm glad to get this for the NS, as I recently sold my PS4 version, but this isn't really what I was expecting. I guess it's a big deal, as "N" had some rule that it would never appear on one of their systems, so yeah? So maybe big in one part, not so much for another. Oh well, it is a title I'll buy, so good to know it's coming I guess.

They fronted $150k to make molds for sega saturn cases, if the article about them is accurate. LRG isn't the small company eating 10 cent ramen noodles every meal that it used to be.

I'd really prefer to see shorter windows between release announcements and shipping out, floating cash for months sucks

The only NS announcements I really want to see at the moment are Celeste and Golf Story.

I'm really hoping that Fangamer pulls weight to help LRG secure Celeste since they're already handling the merch and they've been pairing up on a lot of releases lately to push merch along the release

they fronted $150k to make molds for sega saturn cases, if the article about them is accurate, LRG isn't the small company eating 10 cent ramen noodles every meal that it used to be
I hope no one is eating ramen, as that stuff will shorten your life span, while keeping you from starving to death at the same time. LOL

I think it's reasonable to point out a long wait, a huge markup, an unfriendly practice, too many releases, etc. Many of these things are probably good for them as a business and their bottom line, but I care more about my own.
Well, yes and no. Yes, it is fair to point out when some of what they do isn't conducive to your personal needs. That can be valuable feedback that can inform decisions going forward, even if it doesn't swing those decisions in your favor. At the same time, there are very real logistical roadblocks that are often the actual cause for many of the complaints you cite. Ignoring those in order to continue harping on about what you don't like, that's on you.

Huge markups? Really? The standard price for a physical printed title in the current industry is $60. And you consider $25-$30 to be a huge markup as a standard price? You honestly believe that physical copies of games should cost the same as their digital counterparts? You consider the $10-$15 difference between the digital and LRG physical releases to be a deal-breaker? If you can't wrap your brain around why physical copies have to cost more, you need to find a different hobby. Collecting physical games clearly isn't for you.

Too many releases? Really? Obsessives with too little money make this complaint. This is the definition of a first-world problem. Heaven help us all, we have too many choices, too many options for entertainment to sort through. Woe be unto me if I can't afford them all! Someone save me from drowning in the flood!

A long wait? Really? I pre-ordered The Last Guardian, the moment it was announced. It came out a year and a half after that. That was a long wait. LRG takes a month or two on its titles, and is very consistent in delivering. Moreover, they make no attempt to hide this disparity. They state on all of their sales when you can expect to get your game. In the rare instances where they have true pre-orders, they go out of their way to inform the customer that it won't be until several months later that they can expect to receive their game. And while companies like GameStop take your pre-order money and invest it to their profit, LRG is using sale proceeds to actually print the games. For them it's not just a windfall, it's an essential part of the business model.

Just did the math and I've spent about $1400 on LRG releases since January 2016, still don't have enough tickets for a free game -_-

I wonder if the pay is competitive to join the LRG white knight defense force? Given the zealotry that some of their members exhibit, I'd assume it's pretty good.

I hope no one is eating ramen, as that stuff will shorten your life span, while keeping you from starving to death at the same time. LOL
Man, I don't know how anyone eats that stuff ever. I'll put a lot of terrible, cheap food into my mouth, but I could just never get on board with top ramen.

I wonder if the pay is competitive to join the LRG white knight defense force? Given the zealotry that some of their members exhibit, I'd assume it's pretty good.
I like LRG a lot, but I thought at one point they said they were going to start trying to slow down and spread out releases because they knew people's wallets were hurting, now we're getting multiple games and CE releases that are months out like every week

Yeah, I'm cool with the delays, as I'm more than aware of them from the start. Some games I would like to play right away, but by the time some ship, interest has lessened sometimes. I also have to agree, they are pretty consistent in delivery times(SkullGirls being not so good of an example). LOL

This new NS pre-order system is one of two evils, as it's that, or the "fight club" each Friday. Honestly, I'm fine either way, but I always preferred the rush, but if taking a few extra months, so no one is bitching about not getting a copy, I'm happy to roll with the majority.

I pre-order or KS items all the time that often take months, and many roll in to years. So for me, LRG is at least pretty good with an average of a few months. We've all seen improvements over the years, as well as "this is how shit is, so deal with it". A lot of issues fall under the latter, and probably have no chance of changing at this point. But if others have "beef", feel free to voice it, as you never know?

I'm sure that you're not wrong there, as that makes a lot of sense. I'm a consumer, though. It's honestly a bit tiresome to always see people parading out a cavalcade of excuses for why x, y, and z thing that LRG does is anti-consumer, inconvenient, overly expensive etc. I don't know if you guys have all secretly invested in their company or what, but I'm a consumer first and foremost.
It's a bit tiresome to keep listening to all the bitching about x, y, and z. Some people just want to think about themselves and not bother with putting yourself in someone else's shoes. If you're going to bitch about it and call it conversation, then someone is welcome to take up the other side and defend them and call it a conversation.

Don't like what they're doing? Stop following them and buying their games. Games aren't essential to your livelihood. If anyone is seriously getting worked up about buying video games, it might be time to reevluate things.

I am incredibly underwhelmed with the Night Trap announcement. Now I wish I hadn't gotten the extra copy of Nintendo Force just for the 2nd card  :oldman:

I am incredibly underwhelmed with the Night Trap announcement. Now I wish I hadn't gotten the extra copy of Nintendo Force just for the 2nd card :oldman:
I'm sure it will be good sell/trade bait, so you can always recoup your extra issue funds. If you no longer want the 2 copies, just go into Patreon and switch to a single copy, and when the next issue is offered, you'll only get charged for the one issue. I get the two issue deal, as one's for me and one's for my son, but for most, it's probably not needed for extras, as more often than not, it probably won't be worth it.

I like LRG a lot, but I thought at one point they said they were going to start trying to slow down and spread out releases because they knew people's wallets were hurting, now we're getting multiple games and CE releases that are months out like every week
As I've said before I'm selective with what I buy from them so a crap ton of releases doesn't bother me. Looking at the situation objectively, they aren't slowing down. LRG is making a lot of money from low budget Indie games. Why would they stop signing them??? They should be past their so called over signing of games at this point. They will never slow to a couple releases a month.

As I've said before I'm selective with what I buy from them so a crap ton of releases doesn't bother me. Looking at the situation objectively, they aren't slowing down. LRG is making a lot of money from low budget Indie games. Why would they stop signing them??? They should be past their so called over signing of games at this point. They will never slow to a couple releases a month.
If they do, will you put a shirt on?

Pretty much the same. I only buy stuff I'm really hyped for so they could release a few dozen games a month and as long it's mostly crap I don't care about... we're good. That said, I feel a little bad for those that choose to be collectors.

As for them slowing down, I think once the secondary market finishes it's collapse on the lower quality and less desirable games, they may end up having a few releases be total flops. They've staved this off at the moment by going to even lower production numbers... but there's only so low they can go. IF that happens (they have a few flops that don't even come close to selling out), then it's very possible they'll be forced to re-evaluate what they are releasing.

Caught this news over on reddit. I have my ps4 copy so I'm probably out on this release unless I go sell my ps4 copy and just opt to convert to switch (which isn't out of the question). Hopefully Golf Story is coming soon.

Underwhelmed by the Night Trap announcement since it previously got released for PS4. Was lookig for something more exclusive

Unless the next announcement is something I want, I wouldve skipped all of April

I may be in the minority but I've been underwhelmed by about 90% of their announcements lately. Course my favorite niche is VN, which LRG hasn't confirmed too many, and always seem to be few and far between.

I like the current setup for Switch games -- collectors get their morning fight over the CE, everyone else gets two weeks to preorder. I have no problem paying up front since LRG has a proven track record of delivering the games (eventually). Once I've decided to spend the money, it's already spent. I'm not going to make some crazy investment gains on that 30 bucks lol.

I do hope they will stick to the promised 1-2 games per month. I'll probably get the full set that way. If they do more than that, I'll get picky and will end up skipping on ones I otherwise might have bought. Switch games seem to have a minimum print run of 5000 or so -- hopefully that will keep out the chaff. I appreciate that LRG looks out for small developers, but I am not a small developer.

yeah thats usually the case. I was hoping for a I Am Setsuna port or something of that kind but i guess more ports are on their way to the Switch
You were hoping for LRG to release a Square Enix game that already exists in a physical copy on the Switch?

bread's done
Back