Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
So still no confirmation on the secret switch game? I actually hope (despite it being completely unlikely) that the newly announced 8bit styled Bloodstained Curse of the Moon would be it... and the PJM2 was to throw people off. That, I would buy.
Yeah, that would be an awesome release, but that game is coming to every current system including the Vita. The mystery game is PS4/NS, so I doubt they wouldn't offer the Vita if that was the title. But we have seen many games delayed on the Vita side of things, so I'll keep my fingers crossed, as that would be a great mystery release for sure.

I screencapped this from the thread in July last year and stuck it in a folder "OPENME7/1/2022" just for fun, but it seems we got there a lot quicker than that.

H8PuCiI.png

To be fair they could've just as easily been right, but I thought it was a pretty bold statement when Lawbreakers launched.

Loved the first pixel junk monsters game and I'm a sucker for physical editions, but I wonder how long it'll take for it to come out considering it'll be after all the DLC.

All of LRG's Switch offerings have been very appealing so far. I've hardly ordered anything from them lately, but will have snagged a copy of every Switch release so far. They better never do a physical release of Vroom In the Night Sky..

All of LRG's Switch offerings have been very appealing so far. I've hardly ordered anything from them lately, but will have snagged a copy of every Switch release so far. They better never do a physical release of Vroom In the Night Sky..
I bet it gets a CE... and people will still whine about it selling out.

Finally found all my reward tickets and I'm about 5 short.  Looks like I have to fight and claw with the plebs for a copy of CSH. :lol:

Finally found all my reward tickets and I'm about 5 short. Looks like I have to fight and claw with the plebs for a copy of CSH. :lol:
keep in mind that I'm pretty sure you have to physically mail them the tickets before a game goes on sale in order to get them applied

keep in mind that I'm pretty sure you have to physically mail them the tickets before a game goes on sale in order to get them applied
I haven't looked too much into the tickets. Still a little sour they didn't start doing them until later. I probably bought about 20 games before the tickets were a thing! I have a decent number of them now though, but I am not sure how they work or what I can use them for.

I haven't looked too much into the tickets. Still a little sour they didn't start doing them until later. I probably bought about 20 games before the tickets were a thing! I have a decent number of them now though, but I am not sure how they work or what I can use them for.
Yeah I wish that had been backfilled somehow, same boat

You need 40 for a game I believe, I know you can also use a certain number to reserve a preorder but can't remember the number

Yeah I wish that had been backfilled somehow, same boat

You need 40 for a game I believe, I know you can also use a certain number to reserve a preorder but can't remember the number
Yeah, 40 tickets is pretty much equal to $24.99, and can be used as such. I know the question was asked if free shipping was included with that, but I'm not sure if we ever got the answer.

So you contact them, and say what you want to put it towards, and then you send the tickets in, and they send you the item you wanted once it's offered. Or you can still get a CE, or $30+ game, you just have to pay the difference in cost.

Yeah, 40 tickets is pretty much equal to $24.99, and can be used as such. I know the question was asked if free shipping was included with that, but I'm not sure if we ever got the answer.

So you contact them, and say what you want to put it towards, and then you send the tickets in, and they send you the item you wanted once it's offered. Or you can still get a CE, or $30+ game, you just have to pay the difference in cost.
the way they did it for me was you can pay the $5.50 shipping (so no free shipping) or you can have your game shipped with your next order

Last edited by a moderator:

Seems like a convoluted system to me. Also, 40 tickets seem like an awful lot. That's about $1200 roughly worth of games if you only buy $24.99 games! I'd like it if every ticket worked like a dollar or something and I could just send the dozen or so I have now is to get whatever the next game I want for a lower price.

Seems like a convoluted system to me. Also, 40 tickets seem like an awful lot. That's about $1200 roughly worth of games if you only buy $24.99 games! I'd like it if every ticket worked like a dollar or something and I could just send the dozen or so I have now is to get whatever the next game I want for a lower price.
Why does it matter what you want? The program is the program. It costs you nothing extra and for people that buy a lot, it actually provides some reward which is better than nothing.

the way they did it for me was you can pay the $5.50 shipping (so no free shipping) or you can have your game shipped with your next order
Well that makes sense, as I was pretty sure it wasn't going to be free. Since I order from them all the time, if and when I get something, I'll just combine it, so good to hear.

Why does it matter what you want? The program is the program. It costs you nothing extra and for people that buy a lot, it actually provides some reward which is better than nothing.
Whoa, why so hostile? It's obviously not a huge deal to me since I am still buying games from LRG frequently and I am sure that I will inevitably reach 40 tickets. I do have an opinion though, which I stated because that is what the internet and message boards are for.

I'd simply be happy if I could use 10 tickets for $10 off or something like that. I am willing to bet a lot of others would like to be able to do that too, but I see why they don't do it since they are a small company. I don't imagine they are getting envelops full of tickets on a regular basis considering you need 40 to really get anything.

Whoa, why so hostile? It's obviously not a huge deal to me since I am still buying games from LRG frequently and I am sure that I will inevitably reach 40 tickets. I do have an opinion though, which I stated because that is what the internet and message boards are for.

I'd simply be happy if I could use 10 tickets for $10 off or something like that. I am willing to bet a lot of others would like to be able to do that too, but I see why they don't do it since they are a small company. I don't imagine they are getting envelops full of tickets on a regular basis considering you need 40 to really get anything.
Because this is just more of the same bitching and moaning about something that no other limited game publisher even offers. I can't believe people keep complaining about the fact that the program wasn't made retroactive. What other retailer has ever done something like that? Like I said, the program is the program and there are other things you can redeem for including stickers, cover art, soundtracks, etc...Asking them to attach a cash discount value to tickets in numbers below 40 would be a massive cost and not what the program was intended for nor something they ever promised to do.

Many of the regulars don't take kindly to people criticizing LRG--regardless of how reasonable the criticisms are or how nicely they are delivered. This is a message board, after all; it is clearly not a place for reasonable discourse, you monster.

Agreed. Never was a fan the tickets based on per game purchase. Should have been based on dollars spent. And the '$25 "free game" or discount' should have been at a lower # of tickets, like 20. While a fun and generous gesture, I felt it was rolled out hastily and too early.

I doubt the system is gonna change anytime soon, I guess I better get my tickets in the mail!

If they aren't processed in time for CSH, at least it will be ready for VA-11 HALL-A.

Many of the regulars don't take kindly to people criticizing LRG--regardless of how reasonable the criticisms are or how nicely they are delivered. This is a message board, after all; it is clearly not a place for reasonable discourse, you monster.
It's a deal discussion board where people can share information, not a forum for continual discussion of how a business should or could operate. As I invited you to do before, if you really care about discussing LRG as a business, feel free to start a new thread in a different subforum that is more appropriate and you can rest assured that nobody will complain about your right to do so.

It's a deal discussion board where people can share information, not a forum for continual discussion of how a business should or could operate. As I invited you to do before, if you really care about discussing LRG as a business, feel free to start a new thread in a different subforum that is more appropriate and you can rest assured that nobody will complain about your right to do so.
Please point me to the rules that state that discussion of the company that a thread is devoted to does not belong in said thread. Please keep in mind the irony of this being a 'deals' thread for paying bloated prices with absolutely no sales or discounts, ever, in a deals forum. Please also keep in mind that it is very evident that many people--probably at least half of those that post here--do wish to discuss these things, and until you have the word 'mod' next to your user name, you'll just have to deal with that reality.

Please point me to the rules that state that discussion of the company that a thread is devoted to does not belong in said thread. Please keep in mind the irony of this being a 'deals' thread for paying bloated prices with absolutely no sales or discounts, ever, in a deals forum. Please also keep in mind that it is very evident that many people--probably at least half of those that post here--do wish to discuss these things, and until you have the word 'mod' next to your user name, you'll just have to deal with that reality.
Yeah, I mean, the thread really doesn't belong in the Deals forum if you want to get down to it

It's literally in the OP and the OP even set up an entire separate thread for discussion of things LRG related other than LRG games which you seem unwilling to use. The only people who seem interested in constantly "discussing" the business model of LRG are you and a few others. I could literally name the handful of you because it is always the same few people. The rest of us know the discussion has been done to death and would rather just share information about upcoming releases.

Yeah, I mean, the thread really doesn't belong in the Deals forum if you want to get down to it
Cheapy and the mods have made exceptions by allowing the creation of specific threads for CEs and other limited items where the cost of buying these items increases after release on a regular basis. It doesn't change the fact that these threads are not intended to be non-stop bitch fests about the companies releasing these items. There are other subforums for that and even an existing LRG thread that was specifically designed for that type of discussion.

jesus christ, this isn't a news site, and LRG games are not deals.  So learn to deal with people posting in this thread, as you may not restrict or inhibit anyone else's ability to enjoy the forum.   If you don't like the discussion then GTFO this thread.

I don't buy the "well I'm missing information in the thread bc of all the posts" bullshit either. If you want news, you follow them on Twitter and read their tweets every week.  It's quite simple.

So give it up with the whole "my posts are interesting and informative and other people's posts are are dumb".   The majority of your posts in here are snark, cross-examination, or just plain rude to other forum members. You add literally nothing to this thread.  Just because you're a narcissist, that is, inordinately fascinated with your own mental acuity, doesn't mean your posts are inherently higher quality.  They aren't.  So grow up, and allow everyone to post as they see fit.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/364154-limited-run-games-youre-limited-no-youre-limited-discussion-thread/

Fair enough. I'm expecting to see only posts about 'deals' in here from now on. I expect we'll never see another post again. All kidding aside, the whole idea is quite ludicrous, and clearly hasn't caught on, nor is it being enforced. Every other thread that I frequent for things of this nature have discussions about the companies, the trends, what people like/don't like, have/don't have. I know some people in here enjoy arbitrarily adhering to forum rules when it suits them, but this is really a pretty normal mega-thread for CAG.

It's almost like, as humans, we can just not respond to things that don't interest us. Almost...

I agree that the "tickets" LRG distributes with their games are largely pointless. But I don't particularly hold that against LRG. The vast majority of similar redemption schemes from other companies are equally pointless. It's the nature of such redemption schemes. The point of them isn't to compensate you, it's to encourage you to keep coming back for more. They're not supposed to be a good deal. They're never a good deal. Even the very best of them tend to never be more than giving you 10% off of a purchase. (I'm thinking sandwich shops, where you can get a card that will give you a free sandwich after ten purchases, a common and similar redemption scheme)

Nintendo did something similar with their Club Nintendo. But Club Nintendo was and is a complete rip-off in terms of what it gives back to you. You could spend thousands of dollars on Nintendo games, and only get an item for your troubles that was worth $25-$30.

So yes, the LRG tickets are not a good deal. It's a pretty generous stretch to call them a deal at all. This is why I don't bother counting mine, nor do I have any intention of redeeming them. I just put them in the game case along with the collectible cards. They are more valuable as part of the collection than they would be if I mailed them in.

Fair enough. I'm expecting to see only posts about 'deals' in here from now on. I expect we'll never see another post again. All kidding aside, the whole idea is quite ludicrous, and clearly hasn't caught on, nor is it being enforced. Every other thread that I frequent for things of this nature have discussions about the companies, the trends, what people like/don't like, have/don't have. I know you guys enjoy arbitrarily adhering to forum rules when it suits you, but this is really a pretty normal mega-thread for CAG.

It's almost like, as humans, we can just not respond to things that don't interest us. Almost...
Can you not see the self-serving and hypocritical nature of your post here? You asked for evidence that the purpose of this thread was not to discuss LRG's business practices, you have been clearly presented with it and yet you persist in your claim that it's not a problem because other threads have likewise been derailed. It's almost like you, as a human, can't show the rest of us courtesy and respect by taking your off-topic material that you now know clearly doesn't belong elsewhere.

Can you not see the self-serving and hypocritical nature of your post here? You asked for evidence that the purpose of this thread was not to discuss LRG's business practices, you have been clearly presented with it and yet you persist in your claim that it's not a problem because other threads have likewise been derailed. It's almost like you, as a human, can't show the rest of us courtesy and respect by taking your off-topic material that you now know clearly doesn't belong elsewhere.
Yes, I was presented with evidence. Therefore I shifted my points because I was presented with new information. That train of events in no way lessens the validity of the follow up points that were made. If you ask me, it's the people playing forum police that are actually doing the derailing. If you don't like the general discussion, don't respond to it. This back and forth BS is far more disruptive than any general LRG discussion. What is and isn't off topic is also extremely subjective, even per the OP's 'rules'.

It's a video game message board. You have the ability to keep scrolling. Find other things in your life to put this much care and energy into.

Yes, I was presented with evidence. Therefore I shifted my points because I was presented with new information. That train of events in no way lessens the validity of the follow up points that were made. If you ask me, it's the people playing forum police that are actually doing the derailing. If you don't like the general discussion, don't respond to it. This back and forth BS is far more disruptive than any general LRG discussion. It's a video game message board. You have the ability to keep scrolling. Find other things in your life to put this much care and energy into.
I'd actually like this to go back to being a friendly environment where people can share information. As others who used to share that relevant information explained to you a few pages back now when this same debate came up, they tend not to post here anymore because of all the attacking of LRG and derailing. This same problem has also resulted in Douglas no longer posting here. So, I do care in the sense that I like to contribute information and appreciate it when others do the same and the small group who insists on the constant complaints and attacks has caused likely permanent damage to the ability the rest of us once had to interact with LRG and get advance information about releases.

I'm looking forward to buying Ruiner at LRG tomorrow.  That is, if my fingers are fast enough.  Shouldn't be too bad considering it's one per customer, and that it's on an off-day.  That's too bad that the Special Reserve Games website was crashed today.   But I enjoy my other LRG copies of SRG variants Shadow Warrior 1&2 and Strafe, and like giving them the business. 

I'd actually like this to go back to being a friendly environment where people can share information. As others who used to share that relevant information explained to you a few pages back now when this same debate came up, they tend not to post here anymore because of all the attacking of LRG and derailing. This same problem has also resulted in Douglas no longer posting here. So, I do care in the sense that I like to contribute information and appreciate it when others do the same and the small group who insists on the constant complaints and attacks has caused likely permanent damage to the ability the rest of us once had to interact with LRG and get advance information about releases.
I apologize for being critical of a company that I spend my money with, and have no affiliation with, in a message board devoted to said company. It appears that this has done irreparable damage, and is likely one of the worst things that has happened this year. I hope that, with the appropriate amount of therapy, you are able to find peace in light of these events. I'm sure the myriad other people in here that don't go 'baaaa-ah' when they open their mouth share in my feelings of regret and are planning on appropriate penance for their actions.

Assuming this has satisfied you, let's get back to the discussion, shall we?

I'm quite curious if we're still going to see Ruiner being offered tomorrow. SRG going down may cause the LRG variant to be pushed back, too.

Oops my bad. I forgot that I missed out on Breach and Clear and only got into LRG with Saturday Morning RPG so I am not OP enough to criticize the company.

In all seriousness though I wasn't trying to come across like I was complaining. I never expected or asked LRG to do any type of loyalty program so I am actually happy that they do offer something. I am however going to have an opinion of how said program could be better than it is currently. I understand that LRG is a small company and can only do so much so no hard feelings.

I agree with some of the complaints about LRG, but I still buy some of the games that interest me. I quit long ago trying to buy all releases for a complete collection as it was too much and, let's face it, some of the games are complete duds. I just get tired of hearing the same complaints over and over. I do appreciate the new info about releases and that is why I occasionally come in this thread.

I am finally excited again to order Pixeljunk Monsters 2 CE and SMRPG. Soon I will have my 40 tickets for my "free" game.

Oops my bad. I forgot that I missed out on Breach and Clear and only got into LRG with Saturday Morning RPG so I am not OP enough to criticize the company.

In all seriousness though I wasn't trying to come across like I was complaining. I never expected or asked LRG to do any type of loyalty program so I am actually happy that they do offer something. I am however going to have an opinion of how said program could be better than it is currently. I understand that LRG is a small company and can only do so much so no hard feelings.
In addition to updates on game releases, I actually like reading the diverse opinions and thoughts about how things are evolving, whether I agree with the opinion or not. I'd rather see that than the constant policing and random, drawn out life stories that saturate this thread. Many of the same people trying to keep this thread "focused" are the same ones who post the most random things.

In my opinion the reason they don't post here is because they couldn't defend themselves anymore and didn't accept accountability for any problems when they were called out fairly on several things. Skulligirls was "out of their hands". It was, but it's still their business and it reflects on them. They act like no big deal.They came off as very unprofessional when it came to fair criticism. Hearing them try defend some of the terrible games they've released was laughable. Using steam reviews as fact for their games. Most games on steam have great reviews. Doesn't mean s***. Plus games are reviewed as cheap indie games not $30 and $35 overpriced physical copies. Oh and they're never slowing down. I laugh every time I see someone say something about it. I don't blame LRG. If I was selling dog s*** for a lot of money why would I ever stop?

I did receive Momodora and Super Hydorah CE yesterday so I still buy from them.

I agree the complaints get old but just wanted to put my opinion on the reason they left here. It always comes down to game quality, games taking months to ship, overpriced CE's, too many games etc. Don't buy everything people and you all will be okay. The derailing seems to be more from the LRG defenders personally attacking people though.

I agree with some of the complaints about LRG, but I still buy some of the games that interest me. I quit long ago trying to buy all releases for a complete collection as it was too much and, let's face it, some of the games are complete duds. I just get tired of hearing the same complaints over and over. I do appreciate the new info about releases and that is why I occasionally come in this thread.

I am finally excited again to order Pixeljunk Monsters 2 CE and SMRPG. Soon I will have my 40 tickets for my "free" game.
I think their Switch releases have been pretty great so far. That Merc Kings/Flinthook CE almost made me break my rule about not buying CEs. And I know some people will hate me for saying this, but I hope a few more of their previous PS4 releases make it to the Switch, too. (*cough* Furi *cough*)

Now, all this talk about tickets has made me want to go find all mine. Excuse me.

Because this is just more of the same bitching and moaning about something that no other limited game publisher even offers.
Except, like, you know, NISA.

I can't believe people keep complaining about the fact that the program wasn't made retroactive. What other retailer has ever done something like that?
Does getting MP3s of CDs I ordered in 1999 count? Or free UHD upgrades? It's extremely weird in the sense that LRG is already tracking tickets, and won't allow the transfer of tickets, to not retroactively allow it.

Edit: I don't actually care about the tickets. It's a weird system, and I didn't keep track of my tickets. I know where 3 of mine are. Out of 20-30ish, probably. And I bought Breach and Clear. So I win. Or lose. I don't know any more.

Except, like, you know, NISA.

Does getting MP3s of CDs I ordered in 1999 count? Or free UHD upgrades? It's extremely weird in the sense that LRG is already tracking tickets, and won't allow the transfer of tickets, to not retroactively allow it.

Edit: I don't actually care about the tickets. It's a weird system, and I didn't keep track of my tickets. I know where 3 of mine are. Out of 20-30ish, probably. And I bought Breach and Clear. So I win. Or lose. I don't know any more.
NISA never retroactively provided points for purchases that were made before their program started. I also don't think of them as a limited game publisher considering they sell at retail through Best Buy, Amazon and Gamestop, including many of their LEs/CEs. It's really not weird at all that a retailer wouldn't give you credit for purchases you made before an incentive program is put in place. Best Buy certainly doesn't do that with GCU and Gamestop doesn't do it with PUR. It's just not something companies do and big companies like Best Buy and Gamestop could actually afford to do it if they wanted to.

NISA never retroactively provided points for purchases that were made before their program started. I also don't think of them as a limited game publisher considering they sell at retail through Best Buy, Amazon and Gamestop, including many of their LEs/CEs.
Just because they've grown large enough to sell on Amazon etc (Rosenqueen days, like 2 websites ago), doesn't mean they weren't limited. Even then, they still have a large number of LEs not available anywhere else, e.g. Lost Child.

Just because they've grown large enough to sell on Amazon etc (Rosenqueen days, like 2 websites ago), doesn't mean they weren't limited. Even then, they still have a large number of LEs not available anywhere else, e.g. Lost Child.
They were retail from the start in the US. They only started doing LEs/CEs after a few years of releases. I remember buying many of their early releases at Fry's. They are a niche publisher, but certainly not a "limited" publisher in any respect. Regardless, the point remains that they didn't retro the points.

Sorry to bring up things of relevance, but the LRG variant of Ruiner will still be released tomorrow as planned. Still no word on when the standard will be available after the SRG website issues today.

bread's done
Back