Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I’d imagine SMRPG is targeting the saturday morning 80s cartoon fan. That would be mostly almost 40s. Not sure how many fit that niche, but it’s probably many more than you’d expect.
**Raises hand**

That would be me. I got nearly every reference the game had. Even the whole scratch&sniff stickers on the trapper keeper. But the actual gameplay for Saturday Morning RPG is not really fun. The actual fights have some pretty sweet nostalgia, but the actual game world felt super linear and extremely generic with it's sprites on 3d thing. For the 3 to 4 hours it takes to see pretty much everything in the game... I say, this is the perfect example of a cheap digital indie game. I don't feel bad having spent $1 or whatever on it.. but I'd feel like a fool spending much more than that just because it had some great references to my childhood.

Oddly I had both Breach & Clear and SMRPG on the AppStore... and now they appear to be gone. Mighty Rabbit pulled them? I guess this is what they mean by digital games disappearing one day.

did anyone order Skullgirls 2nd Encore and Oddworld Munchs Oddysee HD in the same order and have gotten it? Im still waiting on that order since I placed it. I thought they already had it in hand and was ready to be shipped out but looks like its not.

did anyone order Skullgirls 2nd Encore and Oddworld Munchs Oddysee HD in the same order and have gotten it? Im still waiting on that order since I placed it. I thought they already had it in hand and was ready to be shipped out but looks like its not.
From their production updates page (https://limitedrungames.com/pages/production-updates):

There was some damage to a small amount of Skullgirls copies we have - Sony is reprinting artwork for us to resolve the issue. If you received tracking with no further updates, your order was likely affected. We should receive these on 5/18 or 5/21.

Oddly I had both Breach & Clear and SMRPG on the AppStore... and now they appear to be gone. Mighty Rabbit pulled them? I guess this is what they mean by digital games disappearing one day.
I guess that's one way to push physical copies... pull your own games. :p

I actually got an shipping notice for Nurse Love, forgot I even ordered it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question. Can I request to be put on the waitlist for a game that hasn’t gone on sale yet? I really want the SMRPG CE and Cosmic Star Heroine CE but I am having surgery Friday (doctors just called telling me) and I have no one to order it for me. I have been eagerly awaiting both CE’s and now I am going to miss out.

From their production updates page (https://limitedrungames.com/pages/production-updates):

There was some damage to a small amount of Skullgirls copies we have - Sony is reprinting artwork for us to resolve the issue. If you received tracking with no further updates, your order was likely affected. We should receive these on 5/18 or 5/21.
hey thanks for that. i was wondering why it hasnt been shipped out yet, thanks

Why is SMRPG CE listed as "[preorder]" although it's limited in quantity?  I thought the preorder tag was only used for games which are made to demand (which would apply to the SE but not CE).

Everspace will be handled by LRG and not Badlands anymore
Source for this? I didn't see it mentioned on the LRG website or Twitter.

This would suck for customers if true since Everspace was eligible for GCU/Prime discount; now we're looking at minimum $40 to $50 plus shipping.

I have a question. Can I request to be put on the waitlist for a game that hasn’t gone on sale yet? I really want the SMRPG CE and Cosmic Star Heroine CE but I am having surgery Friday (doctors just called telling me) and I have no one to order it for me. I have been eagerly awaiting both CE’s and now I am going to miss out.
Send lrg a message on here, they're pretty cool dudes and will probably help you out.

Will it be possible to combine pre-orders to save on shipping? For example, can I order Pixeljunk Monsters and CSH tomorrow and combine the shipping costs?

Definitely, want to get CSH and the CE looks awesome, but due to my budget being in the hole for this month I will probably just go for the standard. 

CSH order codes have gone out to backers along with a link to order the CSH CE. It shows up $129.99 in cart. A code in the email will drop it to $64.99.

Definitely, want to get CSH and the CE looks awesome, but due to my budget being in the hole for this month I will probably just go for the standard.
I actually had some funds set aside for the CE, but the more I thought it over, I'll be going for the standard as well. I really just want the long box with the long manual, but the standard has a full color manual as well(just not long I believe), so that will be good enough.

Doug said their E3 video is gonna be mind blowing, so no telling whats coming, and these CE are just to much for what's offered. Not saying they are bad, just to much for me, in regards to what I would like or even use. To many standard games are bad enough, but at $25-30, normally not to bad. But the CE a few times a month, and funds are gone ASAP, and then not enough for stuff I really might want.

I was planning to get SMRPG for the NS(standard or CE), but I'm thinking I'll be skipping that to. I have the Vita version, and while I want the manual for the NS game, it's not a must have and spending $30/$65 for a game I already have, just not a good idea. I do wish them well on it, so they can make a sequel, but where I do double dip on certain games, this won't be one of them sadly. But I do have 2 weeks to change my mind, at least for the standard version anyways.

I think i'm skipping Cosmic Star Heroine after all. I did puchase it, but I'm not really sure it's worth having a physical of. I'll think about it.

LRG says a lot of things are mind blowingly awesome. Half the time, im just left disappointed. Imma just keep my expectations in check for the E3 video

LRG says a lot of things are mind blowingly awesome. Half the time, im just left disappointed. Imma just keep my expectations in check for the E3 video
I thought last years video was pretty good, but sadly I don't think many of last years games have even arrived a year later. LOL

So yeah, I might want to keep my expectations low as well, but with next March being the deadline for Vita carts(at least for the US), they won't have another 12 months to dick around. It's all or nothing at this point.

I thought last years video was pretty good, but sadly I don't think many of last years games have even arrived a year later. LOL

So yeah, I might want to keep my expectations low as well, but with next March being the deadline for Vita carts(at least for the US), they won't have another 12 months to dick around. It's all or nothing at this point.
What's surprising to me is that they're going to try to release 30+ Vita games in that ~10 month span (in addition to plenty of PS4/Switch games). Guess the slowdown is Q2 2019 now.

What's surprising to me is that they're going to try to release 30+ Vita games in that ~10 month span (in addition to plenty of PS4/Switch games). Guess the slowdown is Q2 2019 now.
LOL, I know right? I was never one waiting on a slow down, as I only ever bought Vita, with an occasional PS4 title. So it was never to bad for me personally, especially once I stopped bothering with most CE offerings.

Now I'll grab a NS title here and there, but still mostly Vita. So no matter what, I know the Vita will slow down next year for sure, but I'm happy to see so many more titles in it's last year. And I'm sure many more Asia English offerings will happen this year as well as next, so long as they continue to make the carts over there.

How long will the CSH preorders be open?
I had the same question, I am pretty sure it's at least 2 weeks though. I am debating on waiting to order my copy until next week since I am just going with the physical. I also decided to not double dip on SMRPG too even though I would much rather have the Switch CE than the Vita version I currently have.

Wow, interesting bundle, all the CEs and 2 each of Lost Antiquia for PS4 and Vita, I'm guessing for both cover variants....

Saturday Morning RPG CE for Switch didn't have an inventory counter, but was sold out by 10:02. 

Myself, got one of those plus one of the CSH CEs for PS4 along with the standard version for Vita.  The Sega CD type longbox in the CE goes more with a PS4 game than a Vita game, for me anyways.

Saturday Morning RPG CE for Switch didn't have an inventory counter, but was sold out by 10:02.

Myself, got one of those plus one of the CSH CEs for PS4 along with the standard version for Vita. The Sega CD type longbox in the CE goes more with a PS4 game than a Vita game, for me anyways.
I got both versions but... you make a good point, how is the longbox case going to work for a Vita game? Are they just changing the tray?

Whooof, big day today. I got the PS4 Cosmic Star Heroine collectors set. It's the first real collectors set I've gotten from LRG. Before I've always just gotten the normal releases. They lured me in with that Working-Designs style longbox. I also got the normal release for the Vita. Picked up the Vita version of Antiquia Lost, and got in on the pre-order for Saturday-Morning RPG. A very expensive day, all told.

I had been following the story behind the long-box production, so it will be interesting to get my hands on one of their finished long boxes. It probably won't be much longer before they start selling them separately on their site. I've heard the build quality from the LRG long boxes is extremely high.

So is CSH actually a good game?  It seems to have been hyped up quite a bit in this thread so I thought the CEs would sell out in 1 minute.  Looks like PS4 CE is still up right now..

I got both versions but... you make a good point, how is the longbox case going to work for a Vita game? Are they just changing the tray?
Not really sure. I imagine the longbox in the Vita CE will be purely for display only, and not any actual storage.

So is CSH actually a good game? It seems to have been hyped up quite a bit in this thread so I thought the CEs would sell out in 1 minute. Looks like PS4 CE is still up right now..
CSH got some decent to very good reviews from what I have seen. Looks like the PS4 CE is sold out now - which was a lot faster than their other PS4 CEs have been lately. Heck, the Pixeljunk Monsters 2 PS4 CE is still around 63% left over a week after going on sale.

I imagine the PS4 CE will probably last a good 30 minutes or so in the afternoon batch later today. Perhaps longer.

Hm.. I got the email but don't see a coupon.
It was the bottom paragraphs.

Your unique promotional code to access the 5% discount is: XXXXXXXXXX

This code is one-time use and non-transferable. The code expires on Saturday, May 26th at 11:55PM Eastern Time, so please make sure to use it tomorrow or Saturday!

I ended up getting a CE for PS4. It's way, way overpriced, but I have some long box PS1 games, so I think it fits in with those pretty well, and I've got the standard edition this way, too. I was surprised to see the CEs last for a few minutes on each platform; it really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

On one of the social media platforms, LRG mentioned that they may be doing a foam insert in the Sega CD style case to hold the Vita case in place.

So is CSH actually a good game? It seems to have been hyped up quite a bit in this thread so I thought the CEs would sell out in 1 minute. Looks like PS4 CE is still up right now..
It's nothing revolutionary, but I had a lot of fun with it. If you liked Zeboyd's other games or have nostalgia for SNES-era JRPGs, it'll be right up your alley.

You've got time to go watch some reviews and decide if it's worth your cash or not. I was initially super hyped for CSH early on because it looked like it would be a great game based on the battle system and awesome graphics. Upon close inspection it falls into the more linear short rpg experience which I tend to not enjoy at all.

bread's done
Back