Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I would say chances are very high. They seem to have settled into that pattern. If you don't want to buy anything else this batch there's no harm in waiting until the last day.
Thanks. The only harm is if I forget about it and miss my chance. The next question is what is the over under on how many Switch games we will buy before we receive Thimbleweed Park?

I believe I heard the next Switch release will be up for sale on 6/22. Title will probably be announced soon after LRG has their E3 announcement.
Thanks. I forgot we will probably know more after e3.

Of course I was at the gym just now and missed the extra stock, too... Luckily, a kind soul here ordered an extra and offered it to me at cost, so I'm not too upset about missing out again.

Yeah, that's why I wasn't sure what he could be talking about. CEs going for "asinine" Ebay prices isn't really a thing anymore, either. Windjammers is selling for well under LRG's cost + shipping. 3 of the last 4 sold auctions for Munch's Odysee CE are less than what anyone would've paid had they bought through LRG. These "scalpers" are taking losses on LRG product. I bought Flinthook for the Switch thinking I could sell the PS4 version to recoup some of the cost - I'll be almost giving it away, it seems. I actually feel kinda dumb sometimes even paying full price plus shipping now.
Admittedly, I haven't been around much lately...at least for this thread. If things have changed, that's great! And yes. I was speaking of Collector's Editions.

The only LRG release I even own (and never played), is - funny enough - Lawbreakers.

Edit: I guess what set me off was these ridiculous prices I see on eBay for the other Switch releases...but I suppose that they're so high because none of them have actually been released yet, and these sellers are trying to make a buck off their pre-orders before the value plummets?

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally started Oxenfree the other day.  So far I'm enjoying it, usually adventure games can be a bit slow but this game has an interesting story so far.  Did you guys like the game?

This thread needs to be moved out of this forum to regular shopping forum, this company does not in any way support this site after the users continued support to make them what they are.

I messaged cheapy as such, they do not offer deals of any kind, they can be in the regular indie physical CE thread, they do not warrant this thread

Yikes what's with the hostility?
They openly have stated they won't reply on cag because "too busy", while taking multi week trips to Japan. They won't come to cag despite us being one of the most openly vocal groups who helped them even be company. Read the thread history, they were very active here till bucks rolled in and they peaced. There are not deals here, you have to spend almost a thousand dollars to get the free game tickets. The thread should not be in this forum, it's a forum for deals and lrg sure as fuck ain't it

I just assumed they got sick of dealing with all the complaining in this thread. If I were them, I would have left / stopped posting long before they did.

It's useful for keeping track of their upcoming releases. I suppose the indie thread could serve that function instead.

I think over 19,000 replies show that there is a demand for this thread. Merging it with the indie thread would be a mess, If people don't care about Limited Run Games then they don't have to read this thread, but there are clearly a lot of people who value this thread.

They openly have stated they won't reply on cag because "too busy", while taking multi week trips to Japan. They won't come to cag despite us being one of the most openly vocal groups who helped them even be company. Read the thread history, they were very active here till bucks rolled in and they peaced. There are not deals here, you have to spend almost a thousand dollars to get the free game tickets. The thread should not be in this forum, it's a forum for deals and lrg sure as fuck ain't it
lol calm your tits. Unfollow the thread and don't visit it if you're so angry.

I think over 19,000 replies show that there is a demand for this thread. Merging it with the indie thread would be a mess, If people don't care about Limited Run Games then they don't have to read this thread, but there are clearly a lot of people who value this thread.
lol calm your tits. Unfollow the thread and don't visit it if you're so angry.
Yeah fuck that. I think we'll just keep things as is.
I agree, as I use this thread more than most, and any so called "deals" are in the eye of the beholder. Having an issue with a thread is fine, but as others have stated, don't visit or block this thread and move on. Trying to move a thread when you have a "personal" beef is beyond petty & childish, as you wouldn't want the thread moved if LRG was posting here(meeting your own needs), but since they aren't, you want to take your ball home so no one else can play.

I told Josh when he first started posting here it would never end well, and to not do it. As others have stated, they would have stopped posting here long ago, so the fact they stayed as long as they did gets points from me. I would honestly think them being "busy" is more than valid for not posting here, but if it's complete BS, it still doesn't matter. They aren't required to post here, and so long as users of this site find a use for this thread "as-is" it's fine.

I messaged cheapy as such, they do not offer deals of any kind, they can be in the regular indie physical CE thread, they do not warrant this thread
Well over half of the forums on here aren't considered "deals" either so I don't get why your complaining just about this one other then the fact that you supposedly have a grudge against them.

I'm guessing he missed something and is now disgruntle.

This is very similar to Jurai constantly complaining about anyone who sells a game they no longer want for a profit, calling them scalper scum, when he's said plenty of times that if he decides he doesn't want to keep something he can easily sell it for a profit. 

How's the view from that high horse? Hope you don't get altitude sickness.....

I told Josh when he first started posting here it would never end well, and to not do it. As others have stated, they would have stopped posting here long ago, so the fact they stayed as long as they did gets points from me. I would honestly think them being "busy" is more than valid for not posting here, but if it's complete BS, it still doesn't matter. They aren't required to post here, and so long as users of this site find a use for this thread "as-is" it's fine.
I feel I should point out that Josh (Doomstink) first started posting here (at CAG) long before LRG was even a glimmer in his eye, so I assume you mean when he first started posting in this thread.

Its a shame though that a long time member like Doomstink doesn't post at all anymore possibly because of what has gone down in this thread (though I imagine being busy as heck also has a lot to do with it).

I feel I should point out that Josh (Doomstink) first started posting here (at CAG) long before LRG was even a glimmer in his eye, so I assume you mean when he first started posting in this thread.

Its a shame though that a long time member like Doomstink doesn't post at all anymore possibly because of what has gone down in this thread (though I imagine being busy as heck also has a lot to do with it).
Yeah, that was just in regards to LRG related stuff when he first started in this thread specifically. He always answered issues, questions or problems in the best way possible, but you could see the hate from some no matter what was stated. Then after some long heartfelt post, the same question would be asked days later, which wasn't the users fault, as he may not have seen the post. But now Josh appears angered or short fused, which I'm sure wasn't his intent, but it happens none the less.

When you try to connect with fans, or just people in general, that's awesome, and not something to be looked at as bad. But familiarity breeds contempt, and this place is filled to the brim with that and then some. His kindness became a weakness to trolls who just want to pounce on the first signs of blood and go bat shit crazy. Josh or Doug posting here was a privilege and was no means something they had to do, so if they never come back good for them, as I would have told most here to fuck themselves long ago and never looked back! LOL

As far as this thread goes, it saves me having to follow LRG, dozens of publishers, and multiple other sites outside of this thread.  For me, that's a GREAT THING since the company is so scatterbrained about how they announce anything.  Heck if it wasn't posted here I wouldn't know about that E3 timed thing they are doing.    I don't think the threads should be merged.  With the way LRG launches things and the sheer volume of crap they sell, it would be too much for the other thread and some good smaller indie games would get buried every time LRG had anything worth discussing.

Most of what cheesed me off about LRG was the MASSIVE backlash on EVERY single idea I ever posted or pushed (preorders, other packaging for PS4 games, a production updates webpage) only for them to accept and implement them all.  In the end, I got what I wanted... but it was like dealing with an abusive partner to make it happen.  Their lack of professionalism shined through.  It was especially bad when they were stalking me in other threads and trying to start crap.   The way they brought out the worst in the fans to attack other fans also was kind of sickening.  Overall, I'd say this thread is 100% better without them.  We can talk good, bad and ugly about them and there's a lot less conflict because only a couple people are left blindly sucking the tit of LRG.  The main thing they contributed was a little customer service which people are better off actually using the actual LRG customer service to get answers and then raising a  fuck  storm on twitter when something goes wrong with Customer Support.

Honestly I treat them as a Kickstarter. If I really am interested in something I'll give them money, and some day it will magically appear as shipping and there we go. I'm pretty much only going for things I really want overall, which lead me to skipping on Cosmic Star Heroine, and others. When anything Sekai goes up though, I'll fight anyone in the arena for those.

EDIT: Show is over... Q&A is on now... won't update the Q&A...

The .. um... super cheese is on here: https://www.twitch.tv/limitedrungames

Shown/Announced (still watching and editing the list):

Golf Story (Switch)

Iconoclast (PS4/Vita)

Observer (?missed it, guessing ps4)

Layers of Fear (Switch)

Thumper (Switch/PS4)

The House in Fata Morgana (PS4/Vita)

Vita Only Games...

2064 Read Only Memories

Va-11 Hall-A

Senran Kagura Bon Appetit

Switch Only Games..

Oceanhorn (PREORDER Now: https://www.limitedrungames.com/products/e3-placeholder-1-preorder) (Not part of the Limited Run collection, first 5K will ship in the next two weeks... but they will produce as much as is preordered.. they just come later)

Cosmicstar Heroine (Ported inhouse by LRG, glad I passed on the Vita version)

Night Trap (date, July)

Yooka-Laylee (August)

Back to general releases:

Spelunky (PS4/Vita)

Exile's End (PS4/Vita)

Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds (PS4/Vita)

Salt & Sanctuary (PS4/Vita) (I think it said August.. might be wrong)

Dust: An Elysian Tail (Switch)

Double Switch (.... no platform mentioned)

..>Show Over, about to start Q&A.

Damn...would have been down for Observer if I hadn't already bought (though TBH, I haven't played it much...it didn't really grip me in the first hour and a half I spent with it).

Same with Thumper...unless there's a kickass collector's edition (not watching the stream), I already own it...amazing VR experience, for anyone on the fence.

In for Golf Story; I'd been holding off on that one in hopes of physical.

wow that fold-out box for Vahalla looks fuckin dope.   Will have to see about the CE for that one, but I'll def be buying that and Read Only Memories. 

Golf Story and Bon Appetit for me, and I don't own a Switch. I'm impressed by their partners for sure. Shows they're getting pretty big with some of these.

bread's done
Back