Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
That kingdom game looks really good but I don't think it's the type of game I would actually play. It's one I'd rather watch someone else play... Which is not common for me. But it looks good.

I'm really confused. Musynx seems to be up for sale everywhere. Is LRG only doing a collector's edition type release for the game? It looks really cool so I kinda want it but with so many other games coming out soon I'm trying to save some money

I'm really confused. Musynx seems to be up for sale everywhere. Is LRG only doing a collector's edition type release for the game? It looks really cool so I kinda want it but with so many other games coming out soon I'm trying to save some money
They're doing PS4/Vita releases. Unless I'm mistaken, only the Switch has a physical version that's widely available right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
From LRG's discord

Subject to change

June 22nd:

Kingdom New Lands (PS4, Switch, PC)
Musynx (PS4, Vita)

June 29th:

Xenon Valkyrie+ (PS4, Vita)
Read Only Memories 2064 (Vita)
VA-11 HALL-A (Vita)
Passing on it all... Maybe July brings better. BUT I would have considered Xenon if the chars and art style wasn't the size of ants. Hard on the eyes.

Did Super Hydorah Vita Classic Edition just beat the record for longest lasting stock? Pretty surprising for a 2,000 print edition... Didn't they say the box size was closer to SNES box sizes than the PS4 edition?

It seems VA-11 HALL-A is coming to PS4 late this year and to Switch early next, so it's somewhat likely LRG will be releasing physical versions on those platforms next year.

Passing on it all... Maybe July brings better. BUT I would have considered Xenon if the chars and art style wasn't the size of ants. Hard on the eyes.
Madness! There's some good titles coming up. Personally been waiting for VA-11 HALL-A for some time now, really enjoying playing the digital version, so a physical purchase is a given.

Yea, I played about half way through VA-11 HALL-A waiting for the PS4 version. It's a good game. Definitely not your typical visual novel.
Makes me wish more visual novels could break the typical mold. I really like the concept of a visual novel but am not a fan of the typical weab trash VN where you try to get laid with a barely legal looking waifu.

DgKEZkTUYAE8zWF.jpg

Is it too late to start collecting these switch games? I have some physical and some digital games already for my switch. Most of these new games look good but I’m not sure about paying so much more than the digital prices.

Musynx seems like a game that is absolutely perfect for the Switch. I'm glad to see that the LRG release has the same cover art as the normal retail Switch version. Easy pass and money saved. Haha

Is it too late to start collecting these switch games? I have some physical and some digital games already for my switch. Most of these new games look good but I’m not sure about paying so much more than the digital prices.
They just really got started, and the first games haven't even shipped yet. All titles have so far been pretty large numbers, so I expect most past titles to be rather cheap on Ebay once the market is flooded with people thinking 8000 of an NS title is going to be in high demand.

If you can't see much point in buying physical over way cheaper digital titles, I think you already know which route you should probably go. I personally have never once thought a game was $5, and why am I paying $25 or $30, as I understand physical comes at a price. I've always been willing to pay 2,3 or 5 times a digital price for a physical offering.

If someone really thinks about a free or rather cheap digital title and why they should be paying more, you probably should just stick with digital.

Listings just got put up, so op updated, etc. pew pew!
Wow, I did not expect all to be listed as preorders. Guess I have some time to think about them (well except for the Switch LE of Kingdom New Lands as that will sell out real quick and it is limited to 2000).

I really think the PS4 version of Kingdom New Lands will have low preorder numbers unfortunately (more people will buy the Switch version). They probably could have put that out as a straight 2000 unit release.

They just really got started, and the first games haven't even shipped yet. All titles have so far been pretty large numbers, so I expect most past titles to be rather cheap on Ebay once the market is flooded with people thinking 8000 of an NS title is going to be in high demand.

If you can't see much point in buying physical over way cheaper digital titles, I think you already know which route you should probably go. I personally have never once thought a game was $5, and why am I paying $25 or $30, as I understand physical comes at a price. I've always been willing to pay 2,3 or 5 times a digital price for a physical offering.

If someone really thinks about a free or rather cheap digital title and why they should be paying more, you probably should just stick with digital.
The preorder style they’ve been doing with Switch, is that the only way they’ll be available or will they print more to sell when they get to that point? I missed Switch 1-3 or maybe even 1-4.

The preorder style they’ve been doing with Switch, is that the only way they’ll be available or will they print more to sell when they get to that point? I missed Switch 1-3 or maybe even 1-4.
My guess is they probably printed a few extras above the preorders, but not in any large quantity. They will likely put them up for sale after all the preordered copiers have been shipped out (possibly even during their Black Friday sale, or New Years sale if they have that again this year).

Musynx is a Pre Order btw. Won't ship till August

Tempted to combine it with next week depending on the dates we'll get the others.
I'm pretty much going to wait til next week to do Musynx because I'll be getting everything next Friday, so might as well.

Hope all of those are preorders too, so I can just calmly get everything I want all in one fell swoop. :D

I'm pretty much going to wait til next week to do Musynx because I'll be getting everything next Friday, so might as well.

Hope all of those are preorders too, so I can just calmly get everything I want all in one fell swoop. :D
Yeah, for a preorder I plan to do the same, as I wasn't looking forward to just ordering one game this week. So now I can get it all in one go, so hopefully I can get all games with no issues when the time comes.

Don't preorder Switch 1-3 and 1-4. Switch 1-2 wasn't even that good.

Oh no. More pre orders. Somebody remind me before they end so I don’t miss them and release a terrible fuck storm.

I want va11hala but damn I'd way rather have it on ps4... I wish they'd just say yes or no now rather than make me guess and wait. Vita is cool but I infinitely prefer the bigger screen.

I'm pleased to inform you that Sharin no Kuni: The Girl Among the Sunflowers is not related to Sekai Project. It's the result of a successful KickStarter project funded localization that was started by a company called "Tokyo Otaku Mode" (aka TOM), with localization being handled by a company by the name of "Front Wing". LRG Was signed on to be the publishing partner for the Vita version, and is likely also involved in some capacity with the porting of the game itself, though there has not been anything stated to officially confirm if that is the case or not. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tokyootakumode/re-sharin-no-kuni-project/

project_logo.jpeg

And yes, they are "porting" the game, as it was not released for the Vita in Japan, it was released for the PSP over there!

sharin_no_kuni_psp.jpg
so this getting a US Vita release?

when?

Did Super Hydorah Vita Classic Edition just beat the record for longest lasting stock? Pretty surprising for a 2,000 print edition... Didn't they say the box size was closer to SNES box sizes than the PS4 edition?
Yeah, it's lasted because so many of us are suckers who bought the PS4 CE, wish we knew a Vita one was coming, and don't want to double-dip on CEs.

Is Oceanhorn supposed to be available for sale still? I'm getting a 404 error right now, but I'm wondering if it's just because their original allotment sold out and they need to update the page?

I was going to order Oceanhorn, Slime San, and Kingdom New Lands together to save on shipping. I'd rather wait and save the save some money by shipping games together, but I guess that was not smart. 

Edit: Nevermind, it looks like it's back.

Is Oceanhorn supposed to be available for sale still? I'm getting a 404 error right now, but I'm wondering if it's just because their original allotment sold out and they need to update the page?

I was going to order Oceanhorn, Slime San, and Kingdom New Lands together to save on shipping. I'd rather wait and save the save some money by shipping games together, but I guess that was not smart.

Edit: Nevermind, it looks like it's back.
Yep, the initial 5000 of Oceanhorn just sold out today (I believe it was at 3% left last night).

Lol slow af sales today. I guess people are real burnt out.
Pretty sure its because all of the standard editions are open preorder and people are looking to combine with the orders for the next two weeks given that there is no rush. The CE seems to be moving a little slow, but it's a pretty obscure indie game, so it's not that surprising.

Speaking of prices, I'm a little surprised Musynx doesn't have the typical LRG physical upcharge of $10 to $15 for the physical version. It is $29.99 on PSN.  I'm thinking that is likely because the developer (PM Studios) probably insisted on it to have some sore of digital/physical price parity between all 3 systems (though ironically the physical Switch version ended up being cheapest of all when purchased at Best Buy with GCU or Amazon during preorder ($23.99)).

Kingdom: New Lands is $4.49 on Steam right now. But if you need a collector's edition of it for $59.99 then ok.
Good point. IMO CEs lose their appeal when they are released for nearly every game. I pretty sure every single switch title has had a CE so far which is crazy. CEs should be saved for the big releases such as Oddworld. On the other hand, if people are willing to pay CE prices for a $5 game, I can see why they want to keep making them!

Good point. IMO CEs lose their appeal when they are released for nearly every game. I pretty sure every single switch title has had a CE so far which is crazy. CEs should be saved for the big releases such as Oddworld. On the other hand, if people are willing to pay CE prices for a $5 game, I can see why they want to keep making them!
Yeah, I agree, as each release has one, where awhile back, only certain bigger name titles got them. Now it seems a standard feature for each release, but as stated, they keep selling, so more power to all involved.

Pretty sure its because all of the standard editions are open preorder and people are looking to combine with the orders for the next two weeks given that there is no rush. The CE seems to be moving a little slow, but it's a pretty obscure indie game, so it's not that surprising.
This. Going to combine all 4 Vita releases into one order. Trying to get all the Vita releases. Missing a few from the early days if anyone is looking to trade or sell them. At this point I might just put up my PS4 doubles for trade to get the missing Vita ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back