Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Its a combination of things that have slowed my LRG purchases the past few months:

*way too many releases

*a sizable percentage of mediocre and/or horrible games

*prices that are too much above the digital versions on some of the games

*pre-orders that allow one to have time to really decide if a game is worth buying (no frantic free for all and stress)

*too many collector editions with only a few that are worth it

*many games don't ship for months and having that money tied up

*and yes, the lack of hype that LRG games once garnered has made me not buy games just to keep a collection going even if I do not know much about the game (in other words, I am now way more picky about what to purchase)

I do still have some games I look forward to in the next few months, though.

Yeah good post Addicted, I feel the exact same way. Also PA and Strictly Limited Games have really stepped up their game imo and at least for my preferences I more and more frequently end up ordering from them over LRG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point. IMO CEs lose their appeal when they are released for nearly every game. I pretty sure every single switch title has had a CE so far which is crazy. CEs should be saved for the big releases such as Oddworld. On the other hand, if people are willing to pay CE prices for a $5 game, I can see why they want to keep making them!
It's one of the golden rules of business: if people are willing to give you their money and you don't take it, someone else will. So it's hard to blame LRG for it. It is what it is.

Weird LRG/MightyRabbit story In the latest video from Slopes Gameroom (aka: Daniel Ibbertson) he talks about 5 Horrible Kickstarter Success Stories, and the Friday the 13th is mentioned.  It centered on how someone at LRG/Mighty Rabbit Studios took codes for a skin that were supposed to only be for backers and were selling them on Ebay at ridiculous prices.  The story starts at about the 6 min mark.  Interestingly it's never revealed who actually was the person doing it and it ended a few minutes after some reddit member posted a blurb about it going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LTmNH78rLI

I dug up the thread where this is revealed...

https://www.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/7ut4p0/something_really_shady_is_going_on/

And it turns out the person that was selling codes, also was selling the LRG trading cards, LRG games, PAX press packs, and other stuff.  Someone in the thread posted evidence of who it was within LRG (not Mighty Rabbit, but specifically LRG as they worked one of their trade show booths).

Overall, it was a pretty interesting story.  I won't dig into it (not that interested) but I wonder if it was the same contractor that got paid in copies of Breach & Clear Vita back when the company was about to go under?

I'm sure that was discussed before in the past several hundred pages of this thread. lol.
I've been here the whole time (day 1 purchaser of LRG#1) and read pretty every post within a few days of them being posted. If it was mentioned I don't think it was in this thread. I did a quick google search and couldn't find anywhere on CAG this story has been mentioned even outside of this thread.

Either way, the story was in a video posted today and I thought it was pretty interesting since I've never heard of the scandal before now.

first time looking to purchase anything from LRG, mostly for VA-11 HALL-A, but I may pick up Musynx as well. I do have a question, but is there a way to save my CC info so that I can speed up the process come selling day? I couldn't find a way on the website, but I could just be blind. Thanks in advance :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird LRG/MightyRabbit story In the latest video from Slopes Gameroom (aka: Daniel Ibbertson) he talks about 5 Horrible Kickstarter Success Stories, and the Friday the 13th is mentioned. It centered on how someone at LRG/Mighty Rabbit Studios took codes for a skin that were supposed to only be for backers and were selling them on Ebay at ridiculous prices. The story starts at about the 6 min mark. Interestingly it's never revealed who actually was the person doing it and it ended a few minutes after some reddit member posted a blurb about it going on.

https://www.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/7ut4p0/something_really_shady_is_going_on/

And it turns out the person that was selling codes, also was selling the LRG trading cards, LRG games, PAX press packs, and other stuff. Someone in the thread posted evidence of who it was within LRG (not Mighty Rabbit, but specifically LRG as they worked one of their trade show booths).

Overall, it was a pretty interesting story. I won't dig into it (not that interested) but I wonder if it was the same contractor that got paid in copies of Breach & Clear Vita back when the company was about to go under?
The comments in the Reddit thread identify the person. It's not Josh, Doug, or anyone currently associated with the company. Seems like a guy who took advantage of his connections to scalp (a lot) of stuff on eBay.

first time looking to purchase anything from LRG, mostly for VA-11 HALL-A, but I may pick up Musynx as well. I do have a question, but is there a way to save my CC info so that I can speed up the process come selling day? I couldn't find a way on the website, but I could just be blind. Thanks in advance :)
You can either use PayPal or make an account, add a currently available product (like a shipping box or some random add on) and then go through checkout until the last step. That should get all of your deets saved.

Anyone else get one of these today? Sure enough, Paypal gave me my money back. Just find it crazy that after all the SRG issues, this happens as well. Tempted to just keep my refund due to all the bs, but don't want to be blacklisted from future releases.

[attachment=30463:Screenshot_20180625-211005.png]

Anyone else get one of these today? Sure enough, Paypal gave me my money back. Just find it crazy that after all the SRG issues, this happens as well. Tempted to just keep my refund due to all the bs, but don't want to be blacklisted from future releases.
I know its legitimate because I've been following the news on the issue, but man does that look like a phishing email. I can't imagine that's the best way to communicate about the issue.

I've been here the whole time (day 1 purchaser of LRG#1) and read pretty every post within a few days of them being posted. If it was mentioned I don't think it was in this thread. I did a quick google search and couldn't find anywhere on CAG this story has been mentioned even outside of this thread.

Either way, the story was in a video posted today and I thought it was pretty interesting since I've never heard of the scandal before now.
I'm surprised I've never heard about that either. I skimmed over reddit now. The whole thing sounds fishy, and LRG's cover for what happened sounds pretty convenient.

Also just noticed that Thumper is way overpriced at $35 for Switch. I bought it for $6 a while back on PSN but can't imagine playing it without VR. That price is a joke. It's on Sale for 9.99 on Switch right now.

Weird LRG/MightyRabbit story In the latest video from Slopes Gameroom (aka: Daniel Ibbertson) he talks about 5 Horrible Kickstarter Success Stories, and the Friday the 13th is mentioned. It centered on how someone at LRG/Mighty Rabbit Studios took codes for a skin that were supposed to only be for backers and were selling them on Ebay at ridiculous prices. The story starts at about the 6 min mark. Interestingly it's never revealed who actually was the person doing it and it ended a few minutes after some reddit member posted a blurb about it going on.

And it turns out the person that was selling codes, also was selling the LRG trading cards, LRG games, PAX press packs, and other stuff. Someone in the thread posted evidence of who it was within LRG (not Mighty Rabbit, but specifically LRG as they worked one of their trade show booths).

Overall, it was a pretty interesting story. I won't dig into it (not that interested) but I wonder if it was the same contractor that got paid in copies of Breach & Clear Vita back when the company was about to go under?
I'm almost positive it wasn't that guy, because he was laid off awhile ago, and the Breach & Clear was back pay they owed him after he got laid off because they couldn't pay him severance.

From what I know, he was never rehired back, so unless they secretly hired him back again, it would be a stretch to think it's him, but then again, don't know all the details of this specific story, so anything is possible.

When an eBay reseller starts a company selling very limited games, there shouldn't be any surprise when employees (now multiple) end up selling those games and extras on the secondary market.

I know I wont convince anyone, but I honestly didn't like Xenon Valkyrie too much. The graphics are to the extreme of pixelly, and honestly it's just not super fun compared to other rogue like/metroid-vania type games. It's extremely repetitive too, and honestly the better game similar to it is Risk of Rain. Just my 2 cents, but I know I wont be buying it.

I know I wont convince anyone, but I honestly didn't like Xenon Valkyrie too much. The graphics are to the extreme of pixelly, and honestly it's just not super fun compared to other rogue like/metroid-vania type games. It's extremely repetitive too, and honestly the better game similar to it is Risk of Rain. Just my 2 cents, but I know I wont be buying it.
They aren't buying it to play, but for the cover art.

Yeah or for the mystical full Vita collection. I bought it on release and played about 5-6 hours. Things unlocked extremely slowly and I wasn't too impressed with unlocks. I just got bored honestly. It played OK enough, but I just didn't feel like putting my time into the game.

Sooo....just one copy?

They aren't buying it to play, but for the cover art.
edEpHzLETIzLc0m52AsTBpgJ3UBAWfgka-CUxvk6Gmw.jpg

Have purchased every Switch release because I honestly wanted them, but looks like this week will be my skip week. Already have Night Trap on 2 other platforms, and didn't enjoy Thumper on PS4, so won't be buying it on the Switch.

So have I missed it or have they not announced what’s in Va-11 and 2064 collectors editions yet? I would really like to know if they will be worth the extra struggle or not.

So have I missed it or have they not announced what’s in Va-11 and 2064 collectors editions yet? I would really like to know if they will be worth the extra struggle or not.
CD soundtrack, poster, and collector's box are recurring items. Though I dislike counting the box as an item, it's always listed as a thing so

Screenshot_20180625-211005.png
Don’t be a prick, they don’t owe you anything for the “bs” - you chose to do business with them after the “bs”. This is a small business and you should pay for what you bought.

The VA-11 HALL-A Collector's Edition features:

VA-11 HALL-A physical game for the PlayStation Vita
Reversible cover art
A beautiful foil gatefold box with magnetic features allowing connection to the 2064 Collector's Edition
A dual-sided 18 x 24 inch poster
An enamel pin
Three drink coasters featuring art from the game
If your order contains both the VA-11 HALL-A Collector's Edition and the 2064 Collector's Edition, will we include an additional (and free) panoramic poster featuring these releases' gatefold art in your order.
The 2064 Collector's Edition features:

2064 Read Only Memories physical game for the PlayStation Vita
Reversible cover art
A beautiful foil gatefold box with magnetic features allowing connection to the VA-11 HALL-A Collector's Edition
A dual-sided 18 x 24 inch poster
A PVC key chain
Three drink coasters featuring art from the game

no soundtrack. :lol:

And they don't even have pictures of the posters, coasters, pins or key chain. That makes it tough for impulse buyers to purchase them, in my opinion.

Well I was hoping for a little more than a nice box with some trinkets, but I guess that’s to be expected.  Although sadly enough I’m still considering getting them if I can see what they look like beforehand.

I just can't help, but laugh at this.

https://twitter.com/xopher314/status/1012035579645657088
I got a good chuckle out of that. LRG isn't stupid though they know that visual novel style games are at home on Vita. I can't imagine this game would sell that well on Switch over Vita.

That's a stupid tweet.  LRG doesn't MAKE the games.  They publish them.   If Vallhalla only has versions developed for the PC and Vita platforms then it's completely out of their hands. 

If Vallhalla only has versions developed for the PC and Vita platforms then it's completely out of their hands.
Yeah, but it is supposedly coming to the Switch. I read into the LRG comment as in "We don't have the rights to publish the switch version".. and that maybe because it's coming from a different publisher.

Yeah, there was so much wrong with that clowns tweet, I didn't even bother to respond. Then he had the nerve to respond with LRG should have made that known from the start, like it's their job to inform him on news/information that doesn't concern them.

bread's done
Back