Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Another PS3 game that has gone up in value is Yakuza 3. But for the most part the market is pretty weak for the PS3. Even some of the better RPG's are still pretty cheap.

As far as what to release? I completed my PS3 collection more than a year ago. Since then I picked up the Chronicles of Riddick (has both games on the disc)... and that's about it. The only thing I haven't picked up is Way of the Samurai 4, which has a EU release in physical form. Still, it's typically $30 for a new copy shipped in the USA. Still, if they did the NA version on disc... for the same price... I'd probably seriously consider that... though I really need to play some of Way of the Samurai 3 to be 100% sure the series is for me.

Aren't both the PS3 & PS4 using the same disc(blu-ray)? I figured so long as Sony is producing PS4 titles, they can continue to offer PS3 ones as well. But I could be wrong in regards to the disc being the same, as I don't have a PS4 so not to familiar with things in regards to that system.
Not all BR's are the same. The base technoly is, but the disc encryption and the encoded barcodes and stuff are different. Plus they have a nice PS3 logo burned into them. From what I read, the discs are manufactured with some of the encryption actually in the form of defects unique to the disc. It's highly possible the discs are infact slightly different. I looked at a few discs last night for both systems and you can kind of see the defect in certain light and all the actual obvious differences around the center ring on the bottom. I'd imagine the blanks (even if they are unique) can be used on the same manufacturing platform as PS4 stuff.

The other thing beyond the discs are the BR disc boxes and box art. The PS3 boxes are somewhat unique in the BR world. The logo is pretty much inset and off to the top right corner of the front, the boxes are mostly clear for later released games, and the box art is cut down smaller than the PS4 boxes (and in line with BR movie art size). So art would require different paper, or more likely a separate cutting process than the PS4 art.

In the end they would likely need the PS3 specific blanks with the encoding on them, the ps3 specific br boxes, and then they would need to retool for the art or print it separately. I'd imagine the art is probably not that big a deal. They probably print that outside of the facility where actual product assembly is done, but the supply of blank PS3 discs and boxes is where a hiccup could happen which would result in new stock having to be created. IF Sony is sitting on a bunch of old stock though, then this may be a blessing to them. My guess is, if they have any old stock it's likely not enough for a full retail release.

TBQH, the PS3 was a shit system, with it's continuous online updates and installs.  If you didn't play it daily, every time you turned it on to play a game there would be some brand new 30minute install. It's no wonder the xbox 360 gained such traction during that cycle. :puke:

TBQH, the PS3 was a shit system, with it's continuous online updates and installs. If you didn't play it daily, every time you turned it on to play a game there would be some brand new 30minute install. It's no wonder the xbox 360 gained such traction during that cycle. :puke:
Completely agree with you on that point but Sony pumped out some fantastic games for it. And even for third party games, which often ran worse, I ended up getting on PS3 bc I had issues with my 360s. By the time they released the S model, I pretty much fully moved on.

Yeah, I dodged the bullet on the RROD, as I had an extended warranty for my 360 at BB, and as soon as the slim came out, I traded in my 360 for the slim. BB warranty was another great thing that went the way of the DoDo, but it was awesome while it lasted.

For the reasons mentioned, is why I never touch my PS3 much, as the updates are beyond  fuck ing insane. I have to plan a day ahead if I want to play, so that way I can do all the updates and charge the controller before hand. LOL I do agree it had some great games, many of which I still plan to play at some point. And does any one know if CFW can improve the PS3's issues? 

Just got an email for a 10% discount on Night Trap Switch.

If you bought the PS4 version, keep a lookout for the email.

Really great idea to incentivize double dipping since a lot of people will be. Hopefully you can retroactively apply this to your order if you already placed it

My first 360 RRODed while under warranty. My replacement RRODed out of warranty, so I bought a new one (back when the original model was the only model). But I upgraded to the slim as soon as it was released.

OG 360 build was crap, but damn the games were amazing.

Disc versions of After Burner Climax and Daytona USA on the PS3 would be awesome. I would also buy Eufloria if it got released too. That game was very chill, but addicting as well.

Generally speaking, how responsive is LRG to support tickets? I'm trying to change my email on file and I've been waiting a couple of days now for a response. I just want to make sure I don't get any pre-orders squashed or get a ban by changing my email. Should I message them on twitter or social media?

Another PS3 game that has gone up in value is Yakuza 3. But for the most part the market is pretty weak for the PS3. Even some of the better RPG's are still pretty cheap.

As far as what to release? I completed my PS3 collection more than a year ago. Since then I picked up the Chronicles of Riddick (has both games on the disc)... and that's about it. The only thing I haven't picked up is Way of the Samurai 4, which has a EU release in physical form. Still, it's typically $30 for a new copy shipped in the USA. Still, if they did the NA version on disc... for the same price... I'd probably seriously consider that... though I really need to play some of Way of the Samurai 3 to be 100% sure the series is for me.

Not all BR's are the same. The base technoly is, but the disc encryption and the encoded barcodes and stuff are different. Plus they have a nice PS3 logo burned into them. From what I read, the discs are manufactured with some of the encryption actually in the form of defects unique to the disc. It's highly possible the discs are infact slightly different. I looked at a few discs last night for both systems and you can kind of see the defect in certain light and all the actual obvious differences around the center ring on the bottom. I'd imagine the blanks (even if they are unique) can be used on the same manufacturing platform as PS4 stuff.

The other thing beyond the discs are the BR disc boxes and box art. The PS3 boxes are somewhat unique in the BR world. The logo is pretty much inset and off to the top right corner of the front, the boxes are mostly clear for later released games, and the box art is cut down smaller than the PS4 boxes (and in line with BR movie art size). So art would require different paper, or more likely a separate cutting process than the PS4 art.

In the end they would likely need the PS3 specific blanks with the encoding on them, the ps3 specific br boxes, and then they would need to retool for the art or print it separately. I'd imagine the art is probably not that big a deal. They probably print that outside of the facility where actual product assembly is done, but the supply of blank PS3 discs and boxes is where a hiccup could happen which would result in new stock having to be created. IF Sony is sitting on a bunch of old stock though, then this may be a blessing to them. My guess is, if they have any old stock it's likely not enough for a full retail release.
Whoa I have a copy of Yakuza 3! Why did it go up in value so much?

Generally speaking, how responsive is LRG to support tickets? I'm trying to change my email on file and I've been waiting a couple of days now for a response. I just want to make sure I don't get any pre-orders squashed or get a ban by changing my email. Should I message them on twitter or social media?
I submitted a ticket on Friday morning 9AM. Resolved on Tuesday at 4PM.

yeah it's gonna take some time.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me personally, its been one day max before they got back to me. I probably opened 3 tickets overall over the last 2 years though, so fairly small sample size.

Yeah, I got the same email. It makes me wonder if maybe they aren't selling as many copies that they are trying to temp folks with a double-dipper-discount like this. Whatever the case, not a game I really need to own another copy of and my intent with the PS4 version is to play it and then sell it on so it'll be more of a rental experience where maybe I just break even or it only costs me a few bucks for the experience.

Whoa I have a copy of Yakuza 3! Why did it go up in value so much?
I think it's a simple case of supply and demand. I think the original production run for North America may have been on the small side. So even with the reprint early last year, the game is still on the more rare side and fewer people are keen to sell it off.

July 20th
Thumper PS4/Switch, Hue PS4/Vita

July 27th
Exile's End PS4/Vita, Everspace PS4

August 3rd
West of Loathing (NS)

August 10th
Phantom Breaker PS4/Vita, Rabi Ribi PS4/Vita

August 24th
Senran Kagura: BA Vita, Unknown PS4/Vita

September 7th
2 Unknown PS4 games, Salt and Sanctuary PS4/Vita

July 20th
Thumper PS4/Switch, Hue PS4/Vita

July 27th
Exile's End PS4/Vita, Everspace PS4

August 3rd
West of Loathing (NS)

August 10th
Phantom Breaker PS4/Vita, Rabi Ribi PS4/Vita

August 24th
Senran Kagura: BA Vita, Unknown PS4/Vita

September 7th
2 Unknown PS4 games, Salt and Sanctuary PS4/Vita
Calling it now: the world is gonna end on Sept 6 simply because the universe doesn't want me getting S&S.

If I want to claim a free game reward using tickets, how does that work?  I understand I have to mail them in but what if I want other games with my order?  For example, could I claim Rabi Ribi with my tickets and tell them I also want Phantom Breaker and they will place the order for me?  Or do I have to try and enter a promo code for the free game and place the order myself?  Thanks.

If I want to claim a free game reward using tickets, how does that work? I understand I have to mail them in but what if I want other games with my order? For example, could I claim Rabi Ribi with my tickets and tell them I also want Phantom Breaker and they will place the order for me? Or do I have to try and enter a promo code for the free game and place the order myself? Thanks.
You send in the tickets and then they will e-mail you upon receipt to confirm what game you want. The tickets have to be received before the sale date so they can set a copy aside for you. You cannot add other games to your order (although they will ship them together if you have another recent order).

Really great idea to incentivize double dipping since a lot of people will be. Hopefully you can retroactively apply this to your order if you already placed it
Got this one too, though it's locked to individual orders, so no code sharing. Might be an incentive for me to get a Switch copy soon!

wow all Junk until Salt n Sanct comes out. Sigh.
NKGATF6.gif

I don't see how Phantom Breaker is junk

I don't see how Phantom Breaker is junk
Yeah, I don't see most of LRG titles as junk, but this is the junk thread after all. The games are mobile junk, overpriced and crap but the same people who think so are here daily to state as much. Why someone would frequent this thread when it's 95% of nothing their interested in says it all.

Yeah, I don't see most of LRG titles as junk, but this is the junk thread after all. The games are mobile junk, overpriced and crap but the same people who think so are here daily to state as much. Why someone would frequent this thread when it's 95% of nothing their interested in says it all.
I noticed that as well. Constantly dissing/hating what LRG does yet always here with their 2 cent comments. Anyways August is going to be very expensive for me and I would be interested to see how many of these will get CE/LE.

I noticed that as well. Constantly dissing/hating what LRG does yet always here with their 2 cent comments. Anyways August is going to be very expensive for me and I would be interested to see how many of these will get CE/LE.
Well, based on recent trends, I would say most of them(if not all). LOL

Even the ones recently I wanted, I had to pass on most, as the funds required became to much. I'm actually gearing up today to start thinning out some of my Vita CE from other makers. I'm keeping the LRG ones for now, as those are the only versions of certain Vita titles that I have, so until I can replace some with standard versions, I'm holding off on those for now.

I can already see how busy the lead up to next March is going to be, so I'm preparing now. Getting rid of stuff I know there is no chance in hell I'll ever get around to playing. But I do this type of purge pretty regularly, as none of my collections ever last indefinitely.

That's not a bad idea. I'm getting rid of some games I got through blind boxes (bad idea on my part) and maybe one more I just don't feel interested in. Also culling stuff from my mass collection of books and culled my comics as well (just not into comics anymore....though I do read an occasional graphic novel).

That's not a bad idea. I'm getting rid of some games I got through blind boxes (bad idea on my part) and maybe one more I just don't feel interested in.
Yeah, good luck with that, as I've had my copy of One Way Heroics listed pretty much since I got it, and it's still here. LOL I've probably already paid the $30 I'm asking for it in fees, but I did OK with Octodad, so that makes it slightly better(but not by much).

Haha yeah likely going to ebay La Mulana, Dariusburst, and Runner2. Not bad games, but I own them elsewhere, though I may keep the Dariusburst, but I would prefer the PS4 version.

Since some people consider most of the upcoming releases junk, I decided to check the Metacritic scores for each title.  Let's see...judge for yourself.

Thumper PS4 - 84%

Thumper Switch - 85%

Hue PS4 - 77%

Hue Vita - n/a

Exile's End PS4 - 63%

Exile's End Vita - 46%

Everspace PS4 - 78%

West of Loathing Switch - 85%

Phantom Breaker PS4 - 72%

Phantom Breaker Switch - 69%

Rabi Ribi PS4 - 80%

Rabi Ribi Vita - n/a

Senran Kagura BA Vita - 61%

Salt and Sanctuary PS4 - 84%

Salt and Sanctuary Vita - n/a

Damn, I guess Exile's End should only be bought for the PS4 uh? I'm used to a few point's difference mostly for the smaller screen and or lesser performance, but that's a pretty big divide across the two.

Damn, I'm surprised Thumper's score isn't higher. For a game I have no interest in, I've seen tons of reviews, all of which couldn't stop drooling over the game. They almost made me want to buy it, as they where all so excited about that title.

As for Senran Kagura BA, it's got cooking, rhythm and tits. 61% doesn't begin to cover the splendor that is that game, and anyone really familiar with that title, will be getting this physical no questions asked. LOL

Since some people consider most of the upcoming releases junk, I decided to check the Metacritic scores for each title. Let's see...judge for yourself.

Thumper PS4 - 84%
Thumper Switch - 85%

Hue PS4 - 77%
Hue Vita - n/a

Exile's End PS4 - 63%
Exile's End Vita - 46%

Everspace PS4 - 78%

West of Loathing Switch - 85%

Phantom Breaker PS4 - 72%
Phantom Breaker Switch - 69%

Rabi Ribi PS4 - 80%
Rabi Ribi Vita - n/a

Senran Kagura BA Vita - 61%

Salt and Sanctuary PS4 - 84%
Salt and Sanctuary Vita - n/a
Literally one person said that here, so let's not pretend there was more than that 😂😂. Metacritic is a crap shoot and I wouldn't take the the numbers too seriously.

Thumper, Phantom Breaker, Rabi Ribi, and S&S are all great. SK:BA is more niche and not a lot of the general public give the games a chance. Can't speak on West of Loathing or Everspace, but Hue is neat little puzzle platformer. Finally Exile's End is not a bad game if you're into metroidvania. The most frustrating thing about the game is that it doesn't give you any direction of where to go next (no markers on the world map, no stated objective in pause menu) so it can be hard to figure out your next step. Once you do though it's pretty fluid.

Damn, I guess Exile's End should only be bought for the PS4 uh? I'm used to a few point's difference mostly for the smaller screen and or lesser performance, but that's a pretty big divide across the two.

Damn, I'm surprised Thumper's score isn't higher. For a game I have no interest in, I've seen tons of reviews, all of which couldn't stop drooling over the game. They almost made me want to buy it, as they where all so excited about that title.

As for Senran Kagura BA, it's got cooking, rhythm and tits. 61% doesn't begin to cover the splendor that is that game, and anyone really familiar with that title, will be getting this physical no questions asked. LOL
Don't put too much stock in the Exile's End Vita score. Its based on only 4 reviews (which may be their minimum before they actually give a score) and is kind of brought down by one review (at 25%). The PS4 score is based on 15 reviews and consists of 13 mixed reviews (with one positive and one negative). If you were going to get Exile's End and was leaning towards the Vita version I would still go with that as they are likely very similar.

Don't put too much stock in the Exile's End Vita score. Its based on only 4 reviews (which may be their minimum before they actually give a score) and is kind of brought down by one review (at 25%). The PS4 score is based on 15 reviews and consists of 13 mixed reviews (with one positive and one negative). If you were going to get Exile's End and was leaning towards the Vita version I would still go with that as they are likely very similar.
Thanks for the heads up, but yeah, that was a warning to others who may buy across both systems. So they could look in to it just incase performance was a problem. I figured the big difference could have been one review, as I've seen that happen many times over the years. I've also seen how that site doesn't include the proper reviews, even when they cover both systems in one review. So yeah, those numbers can be off pretty regularly, but I also figure most knew that as well.

I don't have a PS4, and I stopped buying LRG PS4 games after the 2-3 one, but have bought a few for titles the Vita didn't get. But that has mostly stopped, as now most of those PS4/Vita releases have now become PS4/NS releases. So I just buy for the NS where the Vita may not get the love. So yeah, I planned to get that title for the Vita anyways. So no problem, as I've done it 100% to this point, so no reason to stop now unless a game had some "broken" element, then of course I would look elsewhere.

I put all my faith in my own gut when it comes to picking games.  I'll watch some youtube videos, read reviews, and ask for feedback to get an idea for what the game is about and see if it matches up with stuff I enjoy.  If I already have the game or I can play a demo, I'll do that.  Usually my gut is right, though sometimes I forget to listen and just buy something because it's cheap and looks interesting.  I'm trying to cut out those kinds of purchases and also up the quality restrictions on what I actually buy.

Exile's End was free on PS+ back in Feb for VITA.  Go play it if you got it that way.  Hue has also been free on PS+.  Looking into Hue, I feel like that's another "Thomas Was Alone" type experience where sure it'll be a quality experience for one play through but I won't want to do it again.

As for Exile's End.  I played it for a while and on PSTV.  It does have some odd quirks in the code.  The levels sometimes scroll oddly.  Also it had some audio and animation issues with the first enemy.   As for the gameplay, The world is super linear in progression.  Never did I feel like I was actually exploring since there was typically only ever one way to go and any branches dead ended pretty quick if they weren't gated off.   Maybe it'll feel better much deeper in the game with a few new abilities... but what I've read says not to expect that.  Consider this a metroid-lite.   It has kind of a Another World beginning where you are unarmed and trying to figure out how to survive but it's very basic stuff.  Really the entire beginning enemy and stuff seems very inspired by Another World.   Anyway, if you have it free from PS+ try it out.  It's not something I really want in my collection.  I found it more frustrating than fun and a bit too .. um... basic.   I'm not sure if I'll finish it or just let it go.  It's short enough to just finish it to see where the story goes, but I wouldn't recommend the game beyond a super cheap (or free) digital purchase.

bread's done
Back