Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
So, just Oxenfree and West of Loathing standard edition for me today. I was holding off on getting Oxenfree, in the hopes of combining it with another NS release, and WoL fits the bill perfectly(glad to see it stuck to this release date).

This is also going to be my first straight credit card order through the LRG site(my PP account is low), and since both titles are preorders, I don't have to worry about how long it will take. Is CC information saved on the sight, or do you have to enter it new for each order? Just wondering in case I decide to go this route in the future, on a not so calm ordering day. LOL

I'm definitely in for West of Loathing, but since I don't need Oxenfree for Switch, I'll wait until 8/31 when preorders for Dust (hopefully) go live as that's another one I really want.

So I see that Senran Bon Appetit has a retail of $29.99 for the standard next week. Also seems like there will be a CE as well and “might” be $49.99. Interested in what the CE will contain.

Does anyone know if two Switch games will automatically ship in a box?  I know a PS4 game and any other game will get a box, but wasn't sure if the same rule applied for two Switch games.   

So I see that Senran Bon Appetit has a retail of $29.99 for the standard next week. Also seems like there will be a CE as well and “might” be $49.99. Interested in what the CE will contain.
It won't contain much for $49.99, at least by LRG normal pricing standards, so maybe a color manual and a OST. LOL

Of course the Vita CE for Phantom Breaker finally sells out before I get up this morning. Had to wait till payday today. They had 2 left last night... oh well. Maybe it’ll be one of those titles that can be had for less on eBay at some point.

I didn't know what I was getting into when I first thought I could collect all R1 release for Vita. I think it was shortly after Breach & Clear came out...
Same here. I bowed out on Vita collecting just shortly after LRG started releasing titles. I owned every Vita game except for two at the time LRG started releasing games. I saw the release schedule and couldn't justify continuous $30-$40 purchases I didn't need. It pushed me to sell off half of my collection which netted me a couple grand (more than I spent) due to Vita's high resell value. I still own around 80 games on the system, but only games I care to play. Feels so good to not have 4 or 5 versions of MLB or Fifa that I don't need...or multiple versions of Farm Simulator that I would never play. :lol:

Same here. I bowed out on Vita collecting just shortly after LRG started releasing titles.
That's when I made the decision not to go for a full set. I wasn't as deep in the well as you... more like 65 games in (focusing on RPG, Racing, Action, Fighting games) to what was about a 125 game complete library at the time. Overall I'm thankful that LRG started with ports of ...
somewhat garbage
...cellphone games. Not only did it stop me from getting caught up in the week/bi-weekly hype machine for games I mostly didn't want... but it made me wake up and re-evaluate my purchasing decisions. This has lead to a dramatic downturn in purchasing games... which is why my Switch collection, despite my love for it, is only about 10 physical games deep and I could easily sell 5 of them and not miss them at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
It won't contain much for $49.99, at least by LRG normal pricing standards, so maybe a color manual and a OST. LOL
I'm kind of hoping it isn't much as my wallet (and my limited space) need a break . Although I would be surprised if this one is one of their "smaller" CEs.

I'm really tempted to get West of Loathing as I've heard great things about the game.  Just gotta decide whether it's worth the premium over a digital copy.  I can appreciate the ability to get these games in a physical form but man it really makes it expensive.  I think I'm going to be more selective on these games as my collector mentality is not helping my wallet.  I'll be getting Mutant Mudds on Monday at the very least.

Another order placed but I'm also getting a little weary of ordering more. They really need to start shipping some friggin games. I have orders from back in May that I'm afraid are going to hit the PayPal 180 day mark for contestion before they ship. This is literally the worst they've ever been.

Another order placed but I'm also getting a little weary of ordering more. They really need to start shipping some friggin games. I have orders from back in May that I'm afraid are going to hit the PayPal 180 day mark for contestion before they ship. This is literally the worst they've ever been.
I agree that the lag time is pretty crazy (went back over my open orders recently and hoo-boy!)

However, LRG is not a new venture, and they've never not delivered. You don't need Paypal buyer protection with them, so this really doesn't matter.

I'm kind of hoping it isn't much as my wallet (and my limited space) need a break . Although I would be surprised if this one is one of their "smaller" CEs.
I honestly prefer smaller CEs. Just a soundtrack and art book is enough for me.
If they add more, I like things like the soda can from Oddworld. I hate when CEs try and do shit like statues. Either the CE becomes stupidly expensive or the product looks like absolute garbage.
Also not a fan of these acrylic standees that are becoming more popular.
Those things are little better than cutting out a picture of a character and making a standee out of that.

9780c0f0de35f184287ee5c49b7494d2.png

I'd like to know ASAP if Tokyo Chronos is going to get a standard release from LRG.

I really hate the idea Kickstarter exclusive physical releases. Variants and bonuses are cool, but tying up a good amount of money in what amounts to less than a pre-order is awful. This is exponentially worse with a company like Sekai Project who has a history of potentially the worst delays I've ever seen.

I'd like to know ASAP if Tokyo Chronos is going to get a standard release from LRG.

I really hate the idea Kickstarter exclusive physical releases. Variants and bonuses are cool, but tying up a good amount of money in what amounts to less than a pre-order is awful. This is exponentially worse with a company like Sekai Project who has a history of potentially the worst delays I've ever seen.
likely

So bummed they had the deadline for Oxenfree at 1130. I totally didn’t see that I went to order right before 12. So far I had all the LR switch games ordered. Hopefully I don’t get too screwed on eBay when it’s officially released.

So bummed they had the deadline for Oxenfree at 1130. I totally didn’t see that I went to order right before 12. So far I had all the LR switch games ordered. Hopefully I don’t get too screwed on eBay when it’s officially released.
Damn, that sucks, as I thought all these preorder games always had a deadline of 11:59pm est? I would never wait until last minute, as there's to many things to have go wrong in that situation, and I think you just discovered one of them. LOL

No worries, they'll offer their held back stock at some point down the road, and once that happens, you should be able to get one no problems. Sadly, depending on when they have their annual sale, it may not be offered until 2020. This years offering was at the start of the year, so unless they start offering those twice a year, Oxenfree probably won't make 2019 cut, as it may not even shipped by then. And if it does ship before, there probably won't have been enough time to determine damages, losses, etc. So the start of 2020 will probably be when Oxenfree gets it's overage offerings.

But since these games take months to ship, and most of us don't open these that fast anyways(if at all). The wait should not be a problem. And of course, there's always Ebay, and if qty's are high there, you may even get a little discount, you just have to keep watching regularly once they start being listed.

Well West of Loathing was the first LRG Switch CE that I passed on.  Lack of a steelbook definitely sealed it for me, though I would have been highly tempted if it was around $50 or $55 instead of $65.  Doesn't seem like they had trouble selling it though so the high-ish prices will continue I'm sure.

Quote from Doug on Twitter:

"We may have some but if we do it won't be a lot."

I hate Kickstarter exclusives too. I have pledged to a few of them that have been outstanding for quite some time. I guess I'm going to back this one to make sure I get it.

It seems lately I have to research each game on youtube and other places to decide if I want a game or not. I don't know hardly any of these indie games and never heard of most of them. I must be in the minority here.

It seems lately I have to research each game on youtube and other places to decide if I want a game or not. I don't know hardly any of these indie games and never heard of most of them. I must be in the minority here.
Yeah, an 90% of use "retro" graphics. Part of me thinks there are more "retro"-styled indie games than there are actual retro games.

Yeah, an 90% of use "retro" graphics. Part of me thinks there are more "retro"-styled indie games than there are actual retro games.
LOL, you don't know how right you are. https://www.amazon.com/Hardcore-Gaming-101-Presents-Guide/dp/1548125458/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1534645401&sr=8-3&keywords=hardcore+gaming+101

I recently got this book from Hardcore Gaming 101(they make some killer books BTW), and I'm like where did all these "retro" indie titles come from, and why haven't I heard of most of them? And I have to look up indie titles as well as most regular games as well, I'm just not in the "know" like I once was. Now my son seems to have taken up the torch, and is happy to run with it(and more power to him). LOL

Have they announced any updates on Saturday Morning RPG? Seems like the last update was that shipping was imminent but seems like that was more than a week ago.

Have they announced any updates on Saturday Morning RPG? Seems like the last update was that shipping was imminent but seems like that was more than a week ago.
Quote from Josh on Twitter on Friday August 17:

"Standard Editions of Saturday Morning RPG on Switch arrived today! We're working on shipping out a TON of stuff right now, so these likely won't start going out until later next week."

So what’s the deal with this TOKYO CHRONOS VR game? I see the Kickstarter has like a day left and exceeded its goal. It says $60 gets you a physical PS4 version, but it also says it’s being made by LRG. Will LRG carry this game on their page for anyone or can only backers get it? I assume LRG would sell it for cheaper than the $60 backer fee so if possible I’d go that route since the project has met its goal already. Anyone know about this?

So what’s the deal with this TOKYO CHRONOS VR game? I see the Kickstarter has like a day left and exceeded its goal. It says $60 gets you a physical PS4 version, but it also says it’s being made by LRG. Will LRG carry this game on their page for anyone or can only backers get it? I assume LRG would sell it for cheaper than the $60 backer fee so if possible I’d go that route since the project has met its goal already. Anyone know about this?
Literally answered 10 posts ago.

Quote from Doug on Twitter:
"We may have some but if we do it won't be a lot."

I hate Kickstarter exclusives too. I have pledged to a few of them that have been outstanding for quite some time. I guess I'm going to back this one to make sure I get it.

Where do you guys see physical copy PS4 for Tokyo Chronos? I only see physical PC.

Would hate to miss out since I have almost every R1 PSVR game at this point, but I'd probably just buy later on eBay anyway before supporting a sekai project kicker starter lol.

Where do you guys see physical copy PS4 for Tokyo Chronos? I only see physical PC.

Would hate to miss out since I have almost every R1 PSVR game at this point, but I'd probably just buy later on eBay anyway before supporting a sekai project kicker starter lol.
Starting at the $60 Tier, you will be able to choose whether you want the PC or Playstation VR version of the regular edition of the game. Starting at the $179 Tier and above, you can choose between the PC or the Playstation VR version of the limited edition of the game. Once the campaign ends, you can make your selection in BackerKit.
While the campaign is already in progress and tiers that already have backers cannot be edited, we will also be changing the graphics on the main page to reflect the change so do not worry if you pledge at the $60 Tier or higher and it doesn't reflect the option to choose which version you want.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/tokyo-chronos-a-new-vr-mystery-visual-novel-game/posts/2255141

Has there ever been a Kickstarter physical game that was NEVER available outside of Kickstarter at some point?  I'm struggling to find even one.  Bloodstained is getting a physical copy.  Muv Luv got one surprisingly too.  Shenmue 3 will have one.  Plague Road had standard copies available via LRG. Battle Princess Madelyn will have standard physical copies via LRG.  I mean, have there been any physical games that have started and remained Kickstarter-exclusive?  I understand some aspects of the physical game can be KS-exclusive (Plague Road coverart, Bloodstained slipcovers, etc) but I'm talking about the game itself.

Has there ever been a Kickstarter physical game that was NEVER available outside of Kickstarter at some point? I'm struggling to find even one. Bloodstained is getting a physical copy. Muv Luv got one surprisingly too. Shenmue 3 will have one. Plague Road had standard copies available via LRG. Battle Princess Madelyn will have standard physical copies via LRG. I mean, have there been any physical games that have started and remained Kickstarter-exclusive? I understand some aspects of the physical game can be KS-exclusive (Plague Road coverart, Bloodstained slipcovers, etc) but I'm talking about the game itself.
Yeah, I can't think of any either, as I've backed a few games over the years, and they all fit in to the categories you have mentioned. At the end of the day, any developer wants their games to be played by the greatest numbers, so I've never seen any reason to not offer a KS game by other means at some point past the KS campaign. Offering a KS exclusive seems the best way to get pre-release purchases for the variant, and then having a standard retail gets you more purchases past KS(if the game is worth a damn of course).

Not quite the same, but there were a couple NES releases in the last couple years. Dont believe you could have bought those anywhere but from the kickstarter. Super Russian Roulette and Dreamworld Pogie.

I'd just like to address this one here.

I often hear complaints regarding "retro" graphics. (that is to say, simple art or pixel-based art) I realize the poster, Vinny, is not necessarily complaining, but simply commenting on the seeming proliferation of these graphical styles.

Obviously, there are far more actual retro games than there are retro-styled modern games. We have some twenty years of gaming history to draw on for examples, and that adds up to a sizable number of releases. It may sometimes seem like there is less of a disparity, but this is usually due to a lack of exposure and knowledge of older titles, as opposed to an over-abundance of modern retro graphic titles. The internet has plenty of tools for record keeping, but the on-line community has a surprisingly short memory. And video games are a notorious medium for having troubles with historical record-keeping, and preserving older works. A lot of the past gets forgotten, and even less seems to stick in the public consciousness as represented by on-line communities.

And at the same time, it is true that there are plenty of modern retro-themed titles. I'm not going to deny that. But I also don't have a problem with this. I have a bit of experience working on graphics, and even some experience dappling in in-game graphics. And one thing I can say for certain is that producing those graphics takes a lot of freaking time. Like, A LOT of time. In terms of man-hours, it is incredibly costly. And this is just a base-line. It isn't even taking the quality of the art or the natural talents of the artist into consideration. Even a highly talented and naturally efficient artist would still be putting a lot of time and effort into creating game graphics. And the more sophisticated and detailed the art assets are, the more time they take to produce. Modern high-quality, normal-mapped, high-fidelity art assets are insanely expensive to produce.

Most indie developers use retro-themed art as a necessity, not as an aesthetic choice. Simpler art is less costly to produce, and less costly to animate. (animation is a HUGE time-sink) Small teams or individuals simply don't have the budget to produce Call-of-Duty levels of detailed graphics. Many of them are driven to such art styles out of desperation, as opposed to active choice.

I'd just like to address this one here.

I often hear complaints regarding "retro" graphics. (that is to say, simple art or pixel-based art) I realize the poster, Vinny, is not necessarily complaining, but simply commenting on the seeming proliferation of these graphical styles.

Obviously, there are far more actual retro games than there are retro-styled modern games. We have some twenty years of gaming history to draw on for examples, and that adds up to a sizable number of releases. It may sometimes seem like there is less of a disparity, but this is usually due to a lack of exposure and knowledge of older titles, as opposed to an over-abundance of modern retro graphic titles. The internet has plenty of tools for record keeping, but the on-line community has a surprisingly short memory. And video games are a notorious medium for having troubles with historical record-keeping, and preserving older works. A lot of the past gets forgotten, and even less seems to stick in the public consciousness as represented by on-line communities.

And at the same time, it is true that there are plenty of modern retro-themed titles. I'm not going to deny that. But I also don't have a problem with this. I have a bit of experience working on graphics, and even some experience dappling in in-game graphics. And one thing I can say for certain is that producing those graphics takes a lot of freaking time. Like, A LOT of time. In terms of man-hours, it is incredibly costly. And this is just a base-line. It isn't even taking the quality of the art or the natural talents of the artist into consideration. Even a highly talented and naturally efficient artist would still be putting a lot of time and effort into creating game graphics. And the more sophisticated and detailed the art assets are, the more time they take to produce. Modern high-quality, normal-mapped, high-fidelity art assets are insanely expensive to produce.

Most indie developers use retro-themed art as a necessity, not as an aesthetic choice. Simpler art is less costly to produce, and less costly to animate. (animation is a HUGE time-sink) Small teams or individuals simply don't have the budget to produce Call-of-Duty levels of detailed graphics. Many of them are driven to such art styles out of desperation, as opposed to active choice.
I almost made this post, but I figured it was probably too common knowledge.

So does anyone have any info on Senran CE? I would like to have a little heads up instead of waiting until the night before/day of release. I need plenty of time to talk myself in/out of it.

Yeah I've bought all the previous Senran Kagura nice collector's edition because I always loved the art books and soundtracks but an extra $20 for just soundtrack and some cards doesn't seem worth it to me. Just gonna get the regular edition. Just happy at all to have it in physical.

bread's done
Back