Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Yeah I've bought all the previous Senran Kagura nice collector's edition because I always loved the art books and soundtracks but an extra $20 for just soundtrack and some cards doesn't seem worth it to me. Just gonna get the regular edition. Just happy at all to have it in physical.
Yeah, after it was shown this had a lower price than most offerings, I figured the contents would be just "OK"! I'm normally about the art books myself, and since the standard comes with a manual as well, that will have to fit the bill. And I agree, this was for sure one of the nicer surprise titles LRG has offered, so happy to support it(even if it's just the standard version).

The Little Artbook that came with the JPN CE was put into the actual Senran Kagura Artbook.

LRG asked if the CE can have a boobie mousepad but they wasn't so keen on the idea. Considering how this is their first release with them, they just went with it. Now for next time, they'll have a little bit more influence, so it can be different with the next release

Last edited by a moderator:
The Little Artbook that came with the JPN CE was put into the actual Senran Kagura Artbook.

LRG asked if the CE can have a boobie mousepad but they wasn't so keen on the idea. Considering how this is their first release with them, they just went with it. Now for next time, they'll have a little bit more influence, so it can be different with the next release
Lmfao if it had a boobie mousepad I absolutely would have bought one just for shits and giggles and boobs

Most indie developers use retro-themed art as a necessity, not as an aesthetic choice. Simpler art is less costly to produce, and less costly to animate. (animation is a HUGE time-sink) Small teams or individuals simply don't have the budget to produce Call-of-Duty levels of detailed graphics. Many of them are driven to such art styles out of desperation, as opposed to active choice.
Yea, and that's fair, but personally it destroys my interest in otherwise great games with interesting mechanics. If I had it my way I'd say 16 bit should be the minimum : Still easier to make but far more versatile and not limiting, especially for games using mechanics popularized in that era but drawn in 8 bit.... If you're making an 8 bit game then its weird to me having dash and other movements I've never used in an 8 bit game?

I sympathize for why to go 8 bit but at the same time I find them ugly and it's kept me away from at least a dozen or so games.

I sympathize for why to go 8 bit but at the same time I find them ugly and it's kept me away from at least a dozen or so games.
Yeah, I grew up playing games pre-8-bit, so blocks and very rudimentary shapes was a thing when I started gaming, so I have no issues playing any level of games across many different generational styles. As stated, there are many reasons for the styles chosen, and at the end of the day, it is what it is. There are tons of amazing games that do get missed out by tons of the gaming public, but that's more of a personal hang up, than any real issue with how games or made and or produced.

Shovel Knight to me is one of the best games ever made, and the art style is a big reason for that. I can play a game like that, and then play the latest version of a big AAA game like the new God of War. The best I can recommend, is getting over your graphic hang ups, as "retro" style will never leave gaming. Lets just be happy the graphic style of Thomas was Alone isn't a much more standard practice, but that is another amazing offering, with even more basic graphics. So things could be much worse, at least from your viewpoint. LOL

Looks like Yooka Laylee and Dust have a listing on the website, with a countdown to when presale opens. Certainly interested in Dust, as I fondly remember beating it back when it released on Xbox 360. Luckily looks like I can wait and order it with S&S when that goes on sale :)

Yeah, I got mine recently as well, and my copy was combined with a Vita game offered at the time, so this order is way old.
Regular copy or special edition? I found out about LRG after the preorder for flintlock and mercenary kings closed, and was hoping to snag the combo. LRG says that everyone who signs up on their waiting list gets an email that they do/do not have a change to buy it, so I am wondering how long that usually takes.

Looks like Yooka Laylee and Dust have a listing on the website, with a countdown to when presale opens. Certainly interested in Dust, as I fondly remember beating it back when it released on Xbox 360. Luckily looks like I can wait and order it with S&S when that goes on sale :)
$50 for Yooka Laylee seems high. Golf story is listed next on their release calendar after that, which I imagine will be popular.

Regular copy or special edition? I found out about LRG after the preorder for flintlock and mercenary kings closed, and was hoping to snag the combo. LRG says that everyone who signs up on their waiting list gets an email that they do/do not have a change to buy it, so I am wondering how long that usually takes.
Yeah, just the standard copy of Flinthook, as I wanted the Vita version of Mercenary Kings, so I passed on that for the NS.

I've never used the waiting list, but many have mentioned success with it, but I have to assume the wait is going to vary from title to title, and from user to user. They hold back a specific qty for loss/damages, so that will depend on how many where produced overall. Then you have to consider where your are on the waiting list? Maybe your in the top 50, or part of the 400-500 in the line. Then once the game ships, you'll have to wait until they reach a point where they are satisfied that enough regular orders are filled, and enough qty has been used to satisfy potential problems, then I'll assume they start the "waiting list" copies.

This is all just guessing on my part in regards to how the process plays out, but I'm sure a few others may be able to add info about the process. You can also check their forums, as there may be a thread discussing this exact issue. I don't frequent there much, but I'll assume Josh & Doug do(at least more than they do here), so that may be a better place to get accurate info.

Another factor to consider with the "waiting list" is cancellations, so if you get on the list quickly, you can be contacted fast if some one exceeded limits, etc. Now of course most standard NS games are open preorders, so things like that won't really have many cancellations. But CE or standard copies that have set limits, may have inventory freed up rather quickly, if a ton of buyers broke the limits.

Sometimes LRG may offer those up on their site at a set time, or on a set day, usually within a few days of being sold out. But unless a title had tons of cancellations, more than likely they'll just go to the waiting list crowds.

$50 for Yooka Laylee seems high. Golf story is listed next on their release calendar after that, which I imagine will be popular.
Yeah, I'm gonna really have to debate this one, as I wanted Yooka Laylee, but at $50........I'm not so sure? If Golf Story is coming right after, I guess I'll wait until that drops to make my choice on YL or not. If not, I'll just roll Golf Story over and hopefully another NS title I want will be released before it ends so I can combine the order.

Wow. I was worried I might not be able to get a copy of Senran Kagura but they have 4800 copies being produced. No way that’ll sell out before I can secure one. Now to waffle for another couple of minutes before I panic buy.

I'm hoping dust and golf story can be combo'd into one order.
You likely won't be able to combine them both in one order barring a change to the release schedule. Dust preorders are supposed to end 9/14 and Golf Story doesn't start until 9/28. Now if you are talking about combining the shipping of two separate orders, I believe they charge a fee for that so you are likely better off just paying the shipping on each order.

Ran into some weird checkout shenanigans today. Got put in the "checkout queue" (which has happened before), but when it loaded the next page none of my info was auto-filled like it normally is. I made sure I was logged into PayPal beforehand like normal, not sure what glitched out.

Cheaper to buy 2 separate senran LE than buying 2 in one order. Because of shipping. Dont know why
Yeah I noticed that when I ordered all 4 games (the 3 new releases today and West of Loathing) in one order it was $12.50 for shipping. When I did the CE by itself and the other 3 games by themselves it was $5.50 shipping for each order. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense but the difference was only a buck fifty so I let it slide.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Gunhouse for Vita this week and looking forward to next week to grab Dust for Switch and maybe combine it with West of Loathing.
Yeah, I'm definitely getting Dust, but want to see if they are offering a CE, and what is included and at what price. If the CE sucks or is too expensive I will likely just order the Dust standard edition preorder with another September release.

Got my Senran Kagura LE making it my second LRG title.

Hopeful get another game or two from them before Vita games become impossible.

Alright someone talk me into West of Loathing. If looks like a good game but for some reason can’t justufy a purchase.
Well, it is worth pointing out that it is not the developer's first effort. Before West of Loathing, the developer behind it was responsible for the on-line web-based RPG Kingdom of Loathing. It actually has quite the storied history and plenty of critical accolades. West of Loathing takes the same sense of humor and clever writing into a single-player RPG experience.

The extremely simple stick-figure aesthetic might turn some people off. I'm fine with it, it reminds me of some really funny cartoons my younger brother used to draw.

Got my regular edition Senran Kagura order in. Didn't realize until I checked my account how many games I'm still waiting on from LRG. Think it's 4 or 5 they owe me. Oh well. Eventually they'll show up and I'll be surprised

Awwww, that's nothing, I'm at 16 currently. LOL
Just looked. They owe me 18 games dating back to early May. I've always been patient and adhered to the whole "you'll eventually get your shit" mantra, but this is getting a little bit ridiculous. Kind of pointless to keep paying for individual shipping over the course of 3+ months when nothing is being sent. LRG might as well just wait and pack all my stuff in a crate when it's finally available and bill me one shipping charge.

Random Q: Did LRG start shipping out VA-11 HALL-A copies yet? I seem to recall they were supposed to ship in August, and I hadn't heard anything yet.

Last chance to get Bastion and/or Everspace.

There's still 61% of standard edition Senran Kagura available, and all permutations of Gunhouse still have a lot of copies left.  Ouch.

There's still 61% of standard edition Senran Kagura available, and all permutations of Gunhouse still have a lot of copies left. Ouch.
It's probably due to a number of reasons but I still think Gunhouse should have been $24.99 at most. It looks like the kind of game that could be on sale for $2 digitally, if it hasn't been already.

There's still 61% of standard edition Senran Kagura available, and all permutations of Gunhouse still have a lot of copies left. Ouch.
It's probably due to a number of reasons but I still think Gunhouse should have been $24.99 at most. It looks like the kind of game that could be on sale for $2 digitally, if it hasn't been already.
There's also just so much coming out games-wise in August/September. Shenmue I/II, Dragon Quest XI, Spider-Man, Yakuza 2 Kiwami, and I'm sure I'm missing another dozen. Bad window to be competing for peoples' money in, I feel.

But but it got a full Color manual and a comic! Lol

bread's done
Back