Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
It's probably due to a number of reasons but I still think Gunhouse should have been $24.99 at most. It looks like the kind of game that could be on sale for $2 digitally, if it hasn't been already.
why did they make it at $30? i thought they said games will be at $25 if digital $14.99 or less.

There's also just so much coming out games-wise in August/September. Shenmue I/II, Dragon Quest XI, Spider-Man, Yakuza 2 Kiwami, and I'm sure I'm missing another dozen. Bad window to be competing for peoples' money in, I feel.
This IS the time of year when the release schedule starts to pick up, after the summer drought. Also, I think that LRG's recent hard push for a greater number of pre-order titles has had a significant effect on the hardcore flippers. I think that has begun affecting the immediate sales.

There's still 61% of standard edition Senran Kagura available, and all permutations of Gunhouse still have a lot of copies left. Ouch.
On the surface I was surprised by Senran Kagura, but then I looked at the numbers. They had 3000 LE's, 4800 Standard, and then some number included in the mega bundle (let's just say 200). 8000 units makes it the highest produced Vita game in quite a while. I think the most we've seen is 6K in the last year or so and part of that has been thanks to the proliferation of variants.

There's also just so much coming out games-wise in August/September. Shenmue I/II, Dragon Quest XI, Spider-Man, Yakuza 2 Kiwami, and I'm sure I'm missing another dozen. Bad window to be competing for peoples' money in, I feel.
I don't think that is as big of a factor as a combo of the market increasing to shrink for a lot of the more unknown indie games that have been flooding the market (like Gunhouse) and that they went way over in producing standard versions of Senran Kagura.

Looking at Gunhouse, it's pretty clear there are less than 1500 people actually buying every vita game. I'd estimate it's probably closer to 1000 people because of the limited number of certain games (like breach & clear) has limited the number of people that can collect complete sets. That's helped people give up which has also helped flippers also pass up even lower print games because they know there's no market there to pull a good profit.

This IS the time of year when the release schedule starts to pick up, after the summer drought. Also, I think that LRG's recent hard push for a greater number of pre-order titles has had a significant effect on the hardcore flippers. I think that has begun affecting the immediate sales.
This time of year has never really seemed to affect past years (Edit: outside of production delays which, yes, seems to have affected every year). There have been big games out every year. I think that is a great point on the flippers at least with regards to Vita and PS4 stuff. The demand is dying for Vita stuff and the PS4 just doesn't seem to have as big of a hardcore collector scene which is what drives the ability for flippers to reap some profits from an instant sellout game. I think the preorders though have helped any that can put up with the wait for Switch games as the market seems to clearly be there for those games... but vita is too big a risk for flippers and ps4 as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
DlnrzrOUwAAk7yr.jpg

From SRG:

Get a whole lotsa guns.
Shoot the past.
Sounds like a good time.

Coming Soon! The Enter the Gungeon Reserve!

PS4:
Sequentially numbered.
Advanced Gungeons and Draguns.
Reversible Jacket Artwork.

Ammonomicon:
Hardcover 224 page.
Sequentially numbered.
Looks real nice.

That's an insane number of games that haven't come to release yet :\
Didn't they promise games would start coming in at a good pace haha?? Wow, I bought Cosmic Star Heroine and SMRPG on May 25. When LRG says something it's usually the opposite. People take their word here like gospel. The slow down is the funniest one. I still buy from them when necessary.

Didn't they promise games would start coming in at a good pace haha?? Wow, I bought Cosmic Star Heroine and SMRPG on May 25. When LRG says something it's usually the opposite. People take their word here like gospel. The slow down is the funniest one. I still buy from them when necessary.
Just wanted to be the first to thank you for putting on a fuck ing shirt.

Info Dump from the Discord

A couple of info pieces from Doug yesterday on the LRG Discord:
-- Mystery PS4/Vita game is expected to be formally announced later today.
-- October has been described as a "huge month" that's "pretty intense IMO" with a "huge horror game" and "another retro one."
-- Layers of Fear might not be a numbered release like Oceanhorn on Switch.
-- Approx. 12 more Switch games expected before the end of the year.
-- Papers, Please is looking to be a "big likely" on their side.
-- Atelier probably not happening as a result of Switch re-releases.
-- "Something of royal proportions is coming in September for PS4/Vita."
-- They still would like to try releasing some PS1 and PS2 titles.
-- They've been trying to secure XCOM on Vita and Hollow Knight though the later will likely be retail as the developer has been pushing hard for it.
-- Blaster Master on Switch likely heading to retail from another publisher.
I have had little interest in LRG lately (I'm replying to a 2 week old post) but I'd buy the shit out of XCom for Vita for my collection. Interested in whatever the horror game is too.

Hollow Knight is getting a retail release and Blaster Mastery is likely getting published by Nicalis so far

Any word on a Dust CE for this Friday?  I really hate how they wait until the last minute to provide details on these things.

There's still 61% of standard edition Senran Kagura available
Three days later and there's still 57% available (1683/4800 copies). Looks like "but they all sell out" won't apply anymore in conversations. It'll be interesting to see how the next few sales go.

Side note remaining available:

Gunhouse (vita) 20% (248/2300)

Gunhouse w/Soundtrack Cassette (Vita) 25% (37/200)

Gunhouse (PS4) 57% (643/2300)

Gunhouse w/Soundtrack Cassette (PS4) 50% (75/200)

Note the %'s are from the store itself... which is why I listed the actual copies available. The number available won't match actual unit's for sale since they hold out 10% for issues and trade shows and some % for copies that go to retail stores.

Toejam and Earl could be interesting. I remember it on that weird Devolver Digital E3 presentation last year. Didn't look amazing though, so i'll likely wait for reviews. 

Toejam and Earl could be interesting. I remember it on that weird Devolver Digital E3 presentation last year. Didn't look amazing though, so i'll likely wait for reviews.
The series itself is pretty killer with awesome music and fits my tastes pretty spot on. I can see how being new to the series and seeing the new game/gameplay could be a little off-putting/confusing or seem boring and it's a hard series to put into a genre box. But if you enjoy exploration/rouge generation games, enjoy humor in your games and like to get down to funk, then I couldn't suggest the series more!

If interested and you wanted to get a better idea/feel of the universe and how the exploration works, I'd check out the first and third games. I got a chance to play around with the beta that was out last month and I am pretty excited to see the release sometime later this year as it feels very much like a natural extension of the universe which is a hard thing to do after 16 years away from it.

Is CAG's Twitter embedding broken? It's been a few days since I've seen one successfully load in a post.
Works for me today. I’ve definitely had issues in the past with Twitter links.
It's always been weird for me. Sometimes, it only shows up if someone quotes it.
Do any of you have any type of tracking protection turned on in your browser? Certain embeds especially twitter can trigger it. I know because it was exactly that for me. I don't know about other browsers but if your using Firefox just click the little shield icon at the start of the address bar to disable it for the site.

Every $10-15 digital game needs a sub-par collector's edition, it would seem.  Hurray for the folded up poster, tiny plush, and USB drive. 

lol Dust plush and USB are the exact same that were in the Dust Indiebox a couple years ago.

EDIT: Apparently it was already announced that they were doing that? lame.

No steelbook again?

lol Dust plush and USB are the exact same that were in the Dust Indiebox a couple years ago.

EDIT: Apparently it was already announced that they were doing that? lame.
Their Switch CEs are starting to become an easy pass for me now, especially at the prices they are charging. I'm not sure why they have suddenly stopped doing steelbooks though as their first several Switch CEs had them and I thought it was becoming a "thing" for their Switch CEs. I probably would have purchased this if they offered a steelbook with it.

Three days later and there's still 57% available (1683/4800 copies). Looks like "but they all sell out" won't apply anymore in conversations. It'll be interesting to see how the next few sales go.

Side note remaining available:

Gunhouse (vita) 20% (248/2300)

Gunhouse w/Soundtrack Cassette (Vita) 25% (37/200)

Gunhouse (PS4) 57% (643/2300)

Gunhouse w/Soundtrack Cassette (PS4) 50% (75/200)

Note the %'s are from the store itself... which is why I listed the actual copies available. The number available won't match actual unit's for sale since they hold out 10% for issues and trade shows and some % for copies that go to retail stores.
These are really bad games esp the mobile port of Gunhouse! They need better titles.

Their Switch CEs are starting to become an easy pass for me now, especially at the prices they are charging. I'm not sure why they have suddenly stopped doing steelbooks though as their first several Switch CEs had them and I thought it was becoming a "thing" for their Switch CEs. I probably would have purchased this if they offered a CE with it.
They should do like PA does, smaller box no lame folded poster, just game, manual, certs, soundtracks, cards and charge like 40 bux max! These super sized boxes with loose junk (imo) need to go. Shoot throw in a miniart or something.

it doesnt even say how big the storage of the flash drive is. looks like i might skip the CE as well but i do love the game though. played it on the 360 many years back. not worth the extra $35. too much.

yooka-laylee is a easy skip for me. $50. i rather save money and get the PS4 version on BB for $16 shipped after GCU.

I am going to skip both those games as well. I bought yooka-laylee at Walmart for $20 a long time ago and did not like it at all. Waste of money imo.

Yeah, $50 is probably too rich for me, since I generally won't spend that much on ANY game.

(Incidentally, the death of the GCU/Prime discounts means I'll be buying far fewer games from now on!)

It's cool, though. I was never a huge fan of the Banjo games anyway, and I'm pretty jazzed about my upcoming West of Loathing+Dust combo tomorrow.

Above, yesterday's numbers... today, Senran Kagura was sitting at 57% available and 1666/4800 copies left. So, 17 copies sold over the last 24 hours. If it holds this pace it'll sell out in 98 days.

I am going to skip both those games as well. I bought yooka-laylee at Walmart for $20 a time ago and did not like it all. Waste of money imo.
I have no interest in Yooka-Layalee. It was pretty well hyped... but just doesn't look fun to me. I got Dust free on PS+ a few years ago. I think tonight I'll try to fire up the PS4 and play Dust and just see if it's my kind of game and decide from there. If I end up buying Dust, I'll likely just go ahead and bundle it with West of Loathing. If I don't get Dust then I might as well just go ahead and start doing these smaller indie games as digital only purchases on my Switch when they get cheap (or do the mexican eshop deals).

I've been waffling on Yooka Laylee quite a bit. I love 3d platformers, and it looks brilliant; I'm not at all worried about not loving it. But I already have it on PS4, and I'm going to play it on PC because all of the console versions run at 30 fps, which is ludicrous. It just doesn't seem worth it to get another console version, but one that looks and runs even worse than the one I already have. 

They should do like PA does, smaller box no lame folded poster, just game, manual, certs, soundtracks, cards and charge like 40 bux max! These super sized boxes with loose junk (imo) need to go. Shoot throw in a miniart or something.
Yeah, this idea has been around since Play-Asia really started doing theirs, and it doesn't seem LRG will go that route anytime soon. Even for them to do a 1:1 type offering, LRG version would probably cost about $45-$50, while the PA ones would still be $35. Then of course we'll all see an apples to apples comparison each time, and that would not be good. At least with these big PC type boxes, they can at least still offer items that are unique to their releases(bigger items that fit the bigger box).

Now don't get me wrong, I would rather pay them $50 each month for something similar to PA, than the $70 their asking for stuff I really don't want. And I absolutely despise those big boxes, and the only real reason to have those is mostly for the poster each month, which by having it folded, is a throw away item in my mind. They still seem to sell all this stuff out at some point, but of course all these CE's in general where bound to reach this point, as it's just CE for the sake of offering CE's. With no real reason to have them, than to get a couple of extra dollars at each release. At least with a steel book each month, you would probably get most of the collector's no matter what, but even collector's seem put off with some releases having them, and others not.

As for Yooka-Laylee, I've always been interested in this title, but at $35 it would have been a coin flip? I was a HUGE fan of Banjo-Kazooie, but then I heard this title is closer to the sequel, Banjo-Tooie which I found to be a suck ass game. So I may have still got this at $35 for a quick romp and I could pass it off to my son when I'm done. But at $50, I'm happy to wait on a good digital sale and call it a day, as my sone would prefer it that way, so he won't have to swap carts. I'm sure this title even at $50, will probably be one of their best selling NS titles, as that game was tailor made to be played on a "N" device, so I see it doing well for that reason alone.

Just to throw another Yooka-Laylee opinion out there: I thought it was a drag to finish on PS4 and tried way too hard to be like the Banjo games, especially with the eye-rolling dialogue (stuff like "Great, now we have to earn all those shiny things lying around just so you can give us a useless reward, right?"). The first world felt much more fleshed-out than the others and the overworld was just annoying to traverse. $50 is far too high to pay for the game--$20 ($16 with GCU) is a much safer price-point.

These CEs are their money makers.  They are cashing in bigtime because there is much more profit margin than SEs.  That's why you see them on nearly every game now. 

I bought Yooka-Laylee nearly a year ago on PS4 for ~$15 on clearance, and also got it June's Humble Monthly on PC. 

Sorry if it's been answered already, but is there any confirmation that the standard edition of Dust is going to be an open pre-order like the past Switch titles? This is the 1st Switch game I want so I hope they don't change now.  

Sorry if it's been answered already, but is there any confirmation that the standard edition of Dust is going to be an open pre-order like the past Switch titles? This is the 1st Switch game I want so I hope they don't change now.
According to their listing, Dust's standard edition will be an open preorder through 9/14, 11:59pm EST: https://limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-12-dust-an-elysian-tail-preorder

The Limited Edition will be limited to 3000 copies.

Yeah, I have a feeling a lot of people will be skipping Yooka-Laylee because of the price.  Heck, I picked up my XB1 copy on clearance from Target for $8.98 over 6 months ago.  I think this will end up being their poorest selling Switch title to date (and that's probably why they gave it a month long preorder - they already know it).

So I’m planning on waiting for Yooka Laylee to go up before ordering Dust. If I wait and order them together do I need to add a box when I checkout? Or do they ship in a box automatically because I ordered two games?

Also, freaking stoked for Shovel Knight Treasure Trove. I will definitely pick up a Switch copy when it releases.

bread's done
Back