Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I went with the Dragon's Lair CE. I saw standard was in stock today but wasn't going to buy it and have LRG not allow me to cancel the CE. 

This more recent version of The Dragon's Lair Trilogy is not as good as the one on PS3. PS3 versions of DL 1,2 and Space Ace were individual games. Anyways this trilogy has laggy menus, 5 second load times(should be instant) to start game and on continues. Also, some moves don't register properly.  I've always been a Dragon's Lair fan so went with a physical copy anyway. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I went with the Dragon's Lair CE. I saw standard was in stock today but wasn't going to buy it and have LRG not allow me to cancel the CE.

This more recent version of The Dragon's Lair Trilogy is not as good as the one on PS3. PS3 versions of DL 1,2 and Space Ace were individual games. Anyways this trilogy has laggy menus, 5 second load times(should be instant) to start game and on continues. Also, some moves don't register properly. I've always been a Dragon's Lair fan so went with a physical copy anyway.
Well that's interesting, thanks for the heads up, as I was planning to try and get the PS4 DL Trilogy at some point, but I guess I'll just pass if it's inferior to the PS3 games. The main reason I wanted the Trilogy was to have all 3 games under one roof, but if the added features don't really add anything, I'm cool with the versions I already have. Yeah, Digital Leisure is always all over the map in regards to DL/SA versions, and how well they work. For a game as basic as DL, each version should be better than the one before, but that's rarely the case. Hopefully if they ever offer an NS version, it will improve the short comings of the PS4 version.

When all is said and done I have a feeling this will rival Skullgirls in its wait for release.
How long was Skullgirls? A little over a year when all was said and done, right? I honestly don't remember, but it seems like dates are slipping more and more frequently; they haven't even provided ETAs for the past few releases.

How long was Skullgirls? A little over a year when all was said and done, right? I honestly don't remember, but it seems like dates are slipping more and more frequently; they haven't even provided ETAs for the past few releases.
Skullgirls I believe was well over a year. This one won't be as bad, but I can see it going 8 to 12 months.

Skullgirls went on sale 10/31/16 and shipped on 3/1/18

Thanks for the heads up, I was able to get one yesterday.  I was able to walk around without my wife wondering why I looked so sad missing out on a FREAKING VIDEO GAME.  

I wish I was kidding.

Layers of Fear is at 861 copies while claiming 29% remain. So between Monday morning and this morning it's sold 40 copies. With last weeks drop it sold 102 copies over the weekend... it'll be interesting to see how it goes this weekend.
Stock Update:

Layers of Fear is at 777 copies while claiming 26% remain. From before Friday's sales till this morning it sold 84 Copies. Looks like it'll take approximately 7 to 8 more weeks at the current weekly decline to sell out (if it does)

Mages of Mystralia is at 121 copies while claiming 13% remain. 121/0.13= 931 copies for the second batch (likely slightly off due to how %'s are calculated on the site).

Defender's Quest (PS4) is at 409 copies while claiming 39% remain for the regular version and 14 of the soundtrack bundle while claiming 14%. So 100 copies were soundtrack bundles (at least in the second batch) and (409/0.39=) 1049 copies of the standard version.

Defender's Quest (Vita) is sold out on the standard version but has 36 copies of the soundtrack bundle while claiming 18%. So 200 copies of the Vita soundtrack bundle were in the second batch.

Dragon's Lair CE has 277 copies while claiming 22% remain. So, 227/0.22 = 1259.1 in the second batch... rounding that up to 1260.

anybody know if senran will ship this week? i know they said end of oct...
It shouldn't ship this week.

https://limitedrungames.com/pages/production-updates

The update on the 18th said it was still in manufacturing and says late October / early November. I'd bank on November at this point given the long list of things they claim will ship this week (Highlighted in Green on the production updates page). Plus they have all the manufactured copies of Golf Story sitting there ready to ship.

It shouldn't ship this week.

https://limitedrungames.com/pages/production-updates

The update on the 18th said it was still in manufacturing and says late October / early November. I'd bank on November at this point given the long list of things they claim will ship this week (Highlighted in Green on the production updates page). Plus they have all the manufactured copies of Golf Story sitting there ready to ship.
well i'm not in a hurry anyway but thanks, just wanting a sooner excuse to start up my vita again since i'm not motivated to start my jp backlog and pick back up the few unfinished u.s. games i have since i ran into the usually demotivating heavy grind wall you get to in alot of games

Per the production updates page:

Shipping in October

• Tribute Treasure Boxes (Switch)
  • Cosmic Star Heroine (PS4/Vita)
  • Saturday Morning RPG (Switch)
  • Kingdoms: New Lands (Switch/PS4)
  • Night Trap CE (Switch)
  • Thumper (Switch/PS4)
  • Bastion (PS4/Vita)
  • Everspace (PS4)
  • Oxenfree (Switch)
  • Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds (PS4/Vita)
  • Late Shift (PS4)
  • Gunhouse (PS4/Vita)
  • Salt and Sanctuary (Vita)
  • Golf Story Round 1 (Switch)
Shipping Late October/Early November

• West of Loathing (Switch)
  • Senran Kagura: Bon Apetit (Vita)
Shipping November

• Phantom Breaker CE (PS4/Vita)
  • Dust (Switch)
  • Yooka Laylee (Switch)
  • Golf Story Round 2 (Switch)
  • GALF (NES)
  • Narcosis (PS4)
  • Furi (Switch)
Shipping December

• Layers of Fear (Switch)
Shipping January

• Broken Age (Switch)
  • Golf Story CE (Switch)

Shipping Eventually (TBA/no date)

• Magicka 2 (implied late October/early November)
  • Salt and Sanctuary PS4 (implied late October/early November)
  • Kingdom: New Lands Vinyl
  • Golf Story Vinyl
  • Another World OST
  • Defender's Quest OST
  • PixelJunk Monsters 2
  • Another World (PS4/Vita)
  • Layers of Fear (PS4)
  • 8 Bit Anthology (PS4)
  • Dragon's Lair Trilogy (PS4)
  • Defender's Quest (PS4/Vita)
  • Mages of Mystralia (PS4)
All of this info is freely available on their site, I just thought some of the folks here might like to see it organized by ship date rather than sale date. I removed some of the games that I know have already shipped from their list to keep it more condensed. I'm guessing a lot of these dates will change (especially what's left to ship in October). Kind of frustrating that they've given up on even forecasting dates at this point, but I guess it's a CYA thing.

A little surprised that Salt & Sanctuary is starting to ship even before Cosmic Star Heroine.  I guess the only thing that I can come up with is that CSH was preorder while S&S was very limited release but still its taking quite a while for CSH (over 5 months now)

Has anyone received Golf Story yet? They had 10,000 on hand when the sale started. I was about 30 min late on it, but still expected to be in the top 10,000.

Has anyone received Golf Story yet? They had 10,000 on hand when the sale started. I was about 30 min late on it, but still expected to be in the top 10,000.
I bought within seconds of it going live, and I haven't received any shipping notification or update, if that helps.

It says that some will ship in Oct and some in Nov. Don't know why but that's what is stated on their site.

I bought within seconds of it going live, and I haven't received any shipping notification or update, if that helps.
Good to know. Thanks.

I ordered it separately that day because they had so many available to be shipped.
Could’ve saved $5.50 on shipping if it was going to take over a month to ship anyways.

So if I have 2 separate orders for games that they have in hand now (S&S, Phantom Breaker), will I still get 2 separate packages or will they combine them? Not looking for a refund or anything just curious.

So if I have 2 separate orders for games that they have in hand now (S&S, Phantom Breaker), will I still get 2 separate packages or will they combine them? Not looking for a refund or anything just curious.
Two separate packages, one package per order

Also, re: Golf Story, nobody has received a shipping notice yet on any of the boards I frequent. Josh also stealth-confirmed that BestBuy would be carrying a variant of GS that wasn't limited. Don't know if that's been discussed here yet.

nightc1 did you factor in the copys that went into the mage bundle since some go in to that
The numbers presented are only based on the numbers that show if you try to purchase more than is available and basic math (number of units / % stock in decimal) to determine the allotment for that batch. The percentage remaining is often accurate but is sometimes manipulated like Layers of Fear which had an extra 1000 sold added to make the percent drop even though units weren't selling.

So AM Batches, Bundles, stock held for replacements, stock initially sold to stores that isn't part of the sale, and other factors aren't considered. This is simply what remains.

Two separate packages, one package per order

Also, re: Golf Story, nobody has received a shipping notice yet on any of the boards I frequent. Josh also stealth-confirmed that BestBuy would be carrying a variant of GS that wasn't limited. Don't know if that's been discussed here yet.
I have not heard this. I would have ordered from Best Buy for the free shipping and 20% off, I don't care about variant covers.

It hasn't, which makes this really shifty. So much for Golf Story being a huge LRG exclusive.

The Developer has the right to publish their games elsewhere after LRG has printed their games. 

Unless LRG took another order from Best Buy and both parties decided to do a variant cover for the Retail Version.

I have not heard this. I would have ordered from Best Buy for the free shipping and 20% off, I don't care about variant covers.
It hasn't, which makes this really shifty. So much for Golf Story being a huge LRG exclusive.
The Developer has the right to publish their games elsewhere after LRG has printed their games.

Unless LRG took another order from Best Buy and both parties decided to do a variant cover for the Retail Version.
I don't think Best Buy would publish it, so it'd have to be LRG, right?
The tweet is below, but BestBuy is "placing an order" with LRG, and the copies they sell to BestBuy will have an alternative cover. It makes it sound like LRG is publishing it. This is for Yooka-Laylee, Golf Story, and one yet-to-be-named game.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1053126958014447617

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1053250428878680065

https://twitter.com/limitedrunjosh/status/1053297746474602497

Haha, incentive to buy from LRG because of different cover art?? I think most people would take the GCU and free shipping. 

Haha, incentive to buy from LRG because of different cover art?? I think most people would take the GCU and free shipping.
I would have done that if I had GCU... and of course knew in advance. As is, I'm fine with what I paid for Golf Story... just wish it would ship already.

I’m so glad I didn’t buy Yooka-Laylee and Golf Story. There were so many times I was at the complete your order page with those two games and I never felt good about it. I did that probably 3-4 times and just couldn’t pull the trigger. What’s crazy is I didn’t even know Best Buy was trying to get Golf Story. I’m just glad I followed my gut this time.

Also, I mean know disrespect to LRG with my comment. I love what they do and will probably always support them, but I got to save money on games where I can.

So glad I decided to skip Golf Story. Went back and forth as I didn’t want to pay the extra tax just for 1 game. Now with GCU I’m definitely all for buying this.

I’m so glad I didn’t buy Yooka-Laylee and Golf Story. There were so many times I was at the complete your order page with those two games and I never felt good about it. I did that probably 3-4 times and just couldn’t pull the trigger. What’s crazy is I didn’t even know Best Buy was trying to get Golf Story. I’m just glad I followed my gut this time.

Also, I mean know disrespect to LRG with my comment. I love what they do and will probably always support them, but I got to save money on games where I can.
I was on the fence but ended up buying golf story. Didn't buy yooka since they said there was a chance it would go best buy. Feels shady that they didn't announce golf story to best buy before. I would have waited on that as well for the GCU (and that is probably why they didn't say anything). I would feel OK about it if it was more than a different cover. Oh well.

So Josh said that Fatal Frame is NOT the mystery Wii U game and that they are currently in a lawsuit with the publisher since they took $78,000 from LRG and didn't get anything which makes me wonder what game it is. The only hint they gave is that it is not out physically on Wii U in any region and was initially not going to ever come out physically in the US (only Europe)

The tweet is below, but BestBuy is "placing an order" with LRG, and the copies they sell to BestBuy will have an alternative cover. It makes it sound like LRG is publishing it. This is for Yooka-Laylee, Golf Story, and one yet-to-be-named game.
The way they talked about the Yooka-Laylee possibility, it sounded like they were just going to allow Best Buy to place an order during the pre-order period like everyone else. I doubt it was really that simple, though.

Still, LRG should really also at least remove the manual and reverse cover art from the Best Buy release. I knew what I was getting into with Yooka-Laylee (although, I would not have ordered if I knew for sure the Best Buy deal would go through and waited to order just in case something was confirmed before the cut off date). But, Golf Story? Come on. I've defended them or been at least ambivalent to some of the griping in this forum, but this is a bit much. A "variant cover" isn't a great incentive - especially when Best Buy's variant could be better than the "standard" art on LRG's cover! That will be the icing on the cake when I see Best Buy get better cover art for 20% less.

I won't be surprised if one or both of these end up at Best Buy before I get it, too.

So Josh said that Fatal Frame is NOT the mystery Wii U game and that they are currently in a lawsuit with the publisher since they took $78,000 from LRG and didn't get anything which makes me wonder what game it is. The only hint they gave is that it is not out physically on Wii U in any region and was initially not going to ever come out physically in the US (only Europe)
Secret Files: Tunguska, maybe? That seems right up LRG's alley. Publisher would be Deep Silver.

They've been saying it was not Fatal Frame multiple times.

If the game is a multi platform release, the purchase isn't worth it imo unless you just want to collect for the Wii

I won't be surprised if one or both of these end up at Best Buy before I get it, too.
Haha, I never even thought of that, but a totally plausible reality. Plus if I get the best buy version to have it sooner, I may not break even if I try to sell the LRG copy.

I called Golf Story being sold at Best Buy back in September:

I don't think they ever confirmed it 100%, but everything I saw about it seemed to hint it was most likely going to happen.

Speaking of Best Buy selling Limited Run Games, I wouldn't be surprised if Golf Story ends up being sold in Best Buy stores as well. It's probably the most popular Switch title they have yet to release, and it is a Switch exclusive currently, so will likely sell pretty well. This is all pure speculation on my part of course....but it makes sense.
Also, I am 95% sure the WiiU title they are releasing is Axiom Verge.

Also, I am 95% sure the WiiU title they are releasing is Axiom Verge.
Axiom Verge was a game planned for EU release that got cancelled and LRG was in talks to release it... so... yeah, this seem like the most likely candidate fitting those criteria.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1054766121491054597

Outlast is two separate physical games for the Switch, they cited cart space issues:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1054766616855089152

The replies were quick to point out that both games and the DLC are ~16 GB on the eShop and they haven't responded. They're really not batting so hot with the Switch crowd this week.

bread's done
Back