Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Third title revealed for November 23rd:
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1063250580058058758
They're mulling over whether or not it'll receive a CE, though they've said it won't contain the SEGA CD style case if they do, as it was too expensive to produce.

Color me underwhelmed. I'll see if I actually use that coupon. Butcher looks interesting though. It's very cheap and even on sale right now as we speak on PSN.

Last edited by a moderator:
LRG needs to ship out my copies of Phantom Breaker and Bastion before shipping anything else. :T

Color me underwhelmed. I'll see if I actually use that coupon. Butcher looks interesting though. It's very cheap and even on sale right now as we speak on PSN.
I'll take your coupon if you dont want it. ;P lol.

So... no sale this week, a sale next week with nothing I want, then no sale the following week.  Looks like the first two Friday's in December are all the potential to use the coupon.

I'll take your coupon if you dont want it. ;P lol.
Sadly I might use it on Double Switch but deciding on that. I have a thing for old adventure/FMV games. I just know they are usually short and lack replay value, which makes me want to wait for a PSN sale instead.

They're mulling over whether or not it'll receive a CE, though they've said it won't contain the SEGA CD style case if they do, as it was too expensive to produce.
Weren't they planning on selling the cases separately? Did that ever happen?

Night Trap Classic for the Vita comes with a Sega CD style case (which is somewhat funny since Night Trap for Sega CD never did).

Weren't they planning on selling the cases separately? Did that ever happen?

Night Trap Classic for the Vita comes with a Sega CD style case (which is somewhat funny since Night Trap for Sega CD never did).
There was an article about someone else who sourced to have Sega CD style cases manufactured out of China, at which point they didn't want to pursue it further since there would be third party cases available for much cheaper.

I was hoping for a blossom tales physical release soon. FDG said on their twitter that LRG is going to distribute the title. 

Anyone play cosmic star heroine? Wondering if it is worth the purchase. Was going to use the discount and get that and battle chef at the same time. 

https://twitter.com/specialreserves/status/1063561897356681216

Not directly related to LRG, but LRG gets variants of some of (all of?) SRG's titles. These are really high quality indies from what I can tell, so good on SRG.

I was hoping for a blossom tales physical release soon. FDG said on their twitter that LRG is going to distribute the title.

Anyone play cosmic star heroine? Wondering if it is worth the purchase. Was going to use the discount and get that and battle chef at the same time.
I liked CSH. It's pretty short and really straightforward, though - you can easily finish it in ~15 hours. It's more or less a SNES-esque turn-based RPG with more emphasis on humor and gameplay than story.

Butcher is cool BUT the chars are SO TINY its straining on the eyes and to follow. There was a game just like this from LRG I passed on for the same reason. Something to think about for buyers.

Speaking of Sega CD style cases, didn't they say they're going to procedure those cases for standalone sale? Is that not happening?

Speaking of Sega CD style cases, didn't they say they're going to procedure those cases for standalone sale? Is that not happening?
I never heard it was canceled, so just add it to the laundry list of "coming soon" along with trading card packs, unique reward point items, etc. I haven't heard any new news, but I never heard or saw any mention of the cases not happening, so probably just in limbo due to other more important things(whatever the hell that may be). LOL

There was an article about someone else who sourced to have Sega CD style cases manufactured out of China, at which point they didn't want to pursue it further since there would be third party cases available for much cheaper.
I've read the article. Sauce for LRG dropping their effort? The last thing I see on the LRG forum is from June indicating that they're still planning on moving forward.

I've read the article. Sauce for LRG dropping their effort? The last thing I see on the LRG forum is from June indicating that they're still planning on moving forward.
Maybe I misinterpreted that last part. All I remember was Josh making a big fuss about it when he found out someone else put out the cases already. Maybe they still do plan on making them widely available, but who really knows at this point.

Has anyone received an unsealed copy before? My Night Trap copy came in without any wrapping.
Negative here in 20+ orders. Closest I came was the whole “Firewatch PS4 non-Y fold sealing shrink wrap” debacle, but I opened it anyways to play the game so no big deal for me.

Shockingly, I got a shipping notification for my copy of Golf Story. I'm keeping my expectations low that I'll see it before the end of the month... but still super happy to see something happening.

Maybe I misinterpreted that last part. All I remember was Josh making a big fuss about it when he found out someone else put out the cases already. Maybe they still do plan on making them widely available, but who really knows at this point.
They were actually were available for sale for a short period of time. They setup another web site for selling them and the site accidentally went live. However they honored the orders. Josh had mentioned that he spent $150K for the mold, so I'm pretty sure he wants to get some return on his investment and these will be available for sale.

They were actually were available for sale for a short period of time. They setup another web site for selling them and the site accidentally went live. However they honored the orders. Josh had mentioned that he spent $150K for the mold, so I'm pretty sure he wants to get some return on his investment and these will be available for sale.
Wish I found that site. Been waiting patiently for the Sega CD cases since I heard LRG was doing them!

Butcher is cool BUT the chars are SO TINY its straining on the eyes and to follow. There was a game just like this from LRG I passed on for the same reason. Something to think about for buyers.
I picked it up on PSN for $3 this week, since I was unfamiliar with it. It seems like it could be fun, but the controls seemed bonkers to me. Dedicating the right analog stick doesn't seem necessary, especially when it's at the expense of moving the jump button to slower, less twitchy left-hand fingers. I probably would have even preferred firing from the face buttons.

This also seems like something that would have been suited for the Vita.

Wish I found that site. Been waiting patiently for the Sega CD cases since I heard LRG was doing them!
Still coming. Josh tweeted this today - If you are waiting for an update on the Saturn/Sega CD cases: we can't sell them until the shipping team is caught up on everything else. They require a ton of care to properly ship and the shipping team is way too slammed to handle those right now.

Still coming. Josh tweeted this today - If you are waiting for an update on the Saturn/Sega CD cases: we can't sell them until the shipping team is caught up on everything else. They require a ton of care to properly ship and the shipping team is way too slammed to handle those right now.
It's almost like Josh still reads this thread. He even goes on to address why they can't hire more shipping staff in a follow up post to himself.

@LimitedRunJosh said:
Hiring more shipping people wouldn't solve the problem because we're also restricted on packing space in our office - we also generally don't have this much stuff to ship, so we'd end up in a position of being overstaffed once we catch up.

Get over yourself. They were responding to Twitter tweets and other social media where the exact same issues were being raised.
First off, I had no part in the discussion about Saturn Case availability. So there's nothing for me to get over.

Second, that's pure speculation on your part . Let's look for some evidence. Considering the twitter post about the cases was an original post (not to anyone) and the note about hiring more shipping team members was a response to the post about cases... there's no evidence to suggest what the source was by the twitter posts. Hiring more people wasn't even discussed in the twitter conversation about the cases but just randomly inserted. Which social media sites are you referring to that have also been discussing cases over the last couple days? The only one I found was this thread. I checked the reddit limitedrun forum, twitter, and the forums LRG hosts. No dicussion about saturn cases... though it would be easy to miss something on twitter. Maybe it was on facebook? I have my limits about how far I'm going to dig. There's no evidence provided that cases were being discussed elsewhere. Can you provide any to support your claim where it was being discussed on multiple twitter tweets other social media?

I just think it's odd how out of the blue the cases were being discussed here and then there was a random tweet about it. Nothing nefarious. I don't think it would be a bad thing if they read the thread and kept up with what was being discussed here. In fact, I think it would be a good thing that they still valued the discussion here even if they rarely participate these days.

Really wish they weren't doing a new release on Black Friday but oh well, hopefully I can get Race the Sun.

My Bastion and Golf Story shipped but I'm still waiting on my Cosmic Star Heroine CE and Antiquia Lost orders.

Really wish they weren't doing a new release on Black Friday but oh well, hopefully I can get Race the Sun.

My Bastion and Golf Story shipped but I'm still waiting on my Cosmic Star Heroine CE and Antiquia Lost orders.
I got my CSH CE on Friday, so yours should be coming soon as well!

Certain members make me wish there was a dislike button in addition to the like button. Enough of this forced positivity nonsense haha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hope you get your Cosmic Star Heroine CE I had ordered it on vita and they sent me was just the game I did emailed them still waiting for them to fix my order

Certain members make me wish there was a dislike button in addition to the like button. Enough of this forced positivity nonsense haha.

I think that all the time too but then I remember how much Reddit sucks and the upvote system just reinforces making pandering comments. Everything becomes about popularity or memes and the facts be damned. It's a bad system.

These unsubstantial 'like' formats really are the way to go.

I think that all the time too but then I remember how much Reddit sucks and the upvote system just reinforces making pandering comments. Everything becomes about popularity or memes and the facts be damned. It's a bad system.

These unsubstantial 'like' formats really are the way to go.
That is actually a good point that I hadn't considered. It's just easier to passive aggressively express your dislike for someone's general existence, thought process, and most opinions with a little dislike button. :3

This. Also feel the same way on ebay. Wish I could leave a negative on buyers when I deem necessary.

This. Also feel the same way on ebay. Wish I could leave a negative on buyers when I deem necessary.
That used to be a thing. It's insane that it isn't anymore. Just another step towards eBay being overtly pro buyer and not caring about the rights and protection of sellers.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

Only time I ever adamantly wanted to leave a negative review on eBay was because some dude sold me a pirated GBA game, and when requesting a return and refund, they refused to accept it. The dude even admitted to the fact that it was pirated, but said it shouldn't matter because "it still worked". I ended up having eBay intervene, and got my return and refund... I left a scathing negative review, and eBay removed it because "the case had already been resolved".

Only time I ever adamantly wanted to leave a negative review on eBay was because some dude sold me a pirated GBA game, and when requesting a return and refund, they refused to accept it. The dude even admitted to the fact that it was pirated, but said it shouldn't matter because "it still worked". I ended up having eBay intervene, and got my return and refund... I left a scathing negative review, and eBay removed it because "the case had already been resolved".
Once I had a buyer purchase an item and then upon receipt, left me a negative feedback because the box was faded. I had pictures showing this and even described that condition as such. They did not contact me whatsoever before leaving the feedback. I couldn't leave a negative for their incompetence to read and look at pictures. Only thing I can do is block the buyer. My list of blocked buyers is pretty huge now, but that doesn't stop one from making a new account.

Once I had a buyer purchase an item and then upon receipt, left me a negative feedback because the box was faded. I had pictures showing this and even described that condition as such. They did not contact me whatsoever before leaving the feedback. I couldn't leave a negative for their incompetence to read and look at pictures. Only thing I can do is block the buyer. My list of blocked buyers is pretty huge now, but that doesn't stop one from making a new account.
Yeah, I've had similar shit happen over the years, and my block bidders list is HUGE at this point, and I wouldn't have it any other way. LOL

I'm glad to see CSH on Switch so soon. To me it's the perfect platform as the game won't really benefit from any additional horsepower (PS4) and the Switch is also portable like the Vita, just with a higher res screen. It gives me the option of both in one package. Now to unload the PS4 and Vita editions that I stupidly bought. Lol

Also, as a major artbook collector--because I don't have enough shit to spend money on as it is lol--I definitely want that artbook. I just hope that it's a proper size, and not like an NISA mini artbook size--especially with it being bought separately. 

Also, as a major artbook collector--because I don't have enough shit to spend money on as it is lol--I definitely want that artbook. I just hope that it's a proper size, and not like an NISA mini artbook size--especially with it being bought separately.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat, as I'm wondering the size as well. It's $35, and normally books in that price range are decent in size, but this is LRG after all, so hopefully some pics or more info pop up before Friday.

I'm sure others noticed it in LRG's email, but there will be a BLACKFRIDAY code to use on Friday only; the code will take 10% off a $100-or-more order.

bread's done
Back