Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
That artbook looks like it could be really nice, but not $35 plus tax plus $7 to $12 shipping nice. 

Any further word on whether prior buyers of CSH will be getting a coupon code to use on the Switch version?  I definitely remember LRG saying they would provide that as an incentive to people who already bought the game to buy the Switch version.

I'm sure others noticed it in LRG's email, but there will be a BLACKFRIDAY code to use on Friday only; the code will take 10% off a $100-or-more order.
That actually is pretty decent of them. I wonder if it stacks with the $3 off code for not canceling Golf Story.

Zeboyd Games tweeted out some pics of the book

https://twitter.com/ZeboydGames/status/1064911814822162433

So is there no limits on the art books, or has none just not been stated as of yet? Also, any word on if Race the Sun will be shipping soon, or delayed? Normally the listing states production is needed and not shipping soon, but no mention in the Vita listing.

I want to get the art book along with the game, but if RtS isn't shipping soon, I'm happy to separate the orders.

So is there no limits on the art books, or has none just not been stated as of yet? Also, any word on if Race the Sun will be shipping soon, or delayed? Normally the listing states production is needed and not shipping soon, but no mention in the Vita listing.

I want to get the art book along with the game, but if RtS isn't shipping soon, I'm happy to separate the orders.
I'm wondering the same thing, especially since it appears the book is already printed (unless Zeboyd has an early proof copy).

On a side note, I broke down and ordered the Enter the Gungeon bundle from Special Reserve. The Ammonomicon book itself is sold out, so the bundle appears to be the only way to get it.

I'm wondering the same thing, especially since it appears the book is already printed (unless Zeboyd has an early proof copy).

On a side note, I broke down and ordered the Enter the Gungeon bundle from Special Reserve. The Ammonomicon book itself is sold out, so the bundle appears to be the only way to get it.
Yeah, I was tempted to try and get in on that Ammonomicon, as I'm a whore for such items, but I had to look the other way and pass. I had to start trimming the fat when and where I can, as some shit I really just don't need(but I guess that could be said about everything really). LOL

Zeboyd stated in that tweet they let LRG take lead on the book and qty's, as they had no clue, but I think maybe 1000 may have been a better bet than just 500.

Yeah, I was tempted to try and get in on that Ammonomicon, as I'm a whore for such items, but I had to look the other way and pass. I had to start trimming the fat when and where I can, as some shit I really just don't need(but I guess that could be said about everything really). LOL

Zeboyd stated in that tweet they let LRG take lead on the book and qty's, as they had no clue, but I think maybe 1000 may have been a better bet than just 500.
Well, as we have seen several times in the past, LRG will typically be very conservative with new products and new ways of doing things. And, as is tradition, they are basically always wrong and grossly underestimate demand. After all, it's super hard to judge how their fan base will react to new, limited items to buy. Oh, wait, it's not; they'll buy them; they'll buy all of them. Lol

Not gonna be around for this week's releases, so here are the updates on Shipping. I've received Bastion, Exile's End, and Phantom Breaker over the past week so at least some progress is being made now. I think the list is still growing faster than it's shipping overall, though.

Updates in bold.

Shipping "Now"/November

• Golf Story (Switch)
  • Bastion (PS4/Vita)
  • Kingdoms: New Lands (Switch/PS4)
  • Thumper (PS4/Switch)
  • Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds (PS4/Vita)
  • Late Shift (PS4)
  • Gunhouse (PS4/Vita)
  • Salt and Sanctuary (PS4/Vita)
  • Magicka 2 (PS4)
  • Kingdom: New Lands Vinyl
  • Another World OST
  • Senran Kagura: Bon Apetit (Vita)
  • Phantom Breaker CE (PS4/Vita)
  • Yooka Laylee (Switch)
  • GALF (NES)
  • Narcosis (PS4)
  • Furi (Switch)
Shipping Mid-November to Early December

• Another World (PS4/Vita)
  • Layers of Fear (PS4)
  • Dragon's Lair (PS4)
  • Defender's Quest (PS4/Vita)
  • 8 Bit Adventure Anthology (PS4)
Shipping December

• Layers of Fear (Switch)
  • Everspace (PS4)
  • Yooka Laylee (Switch CE)
  • Furi (Switch CE)
Shipping January

• Broken Age (Switch)
  • Golf Story CE (Switch)
  • Mages of Mystralia (PS4)
  • Dragon Sinker (PS4/Vita)
Shipping in Late January

• Outlast: Bundle of Terror (Switch)
  • Outlast 2 (Switch)
  • Outlast 1/2 CE
  • Battle Chef Brigade (Switch)

Shipping Eventually (TBA/no date)

• West of Loathing (Switch)
  • Dust (Switch)
  • Golf Story Vinyl
  • Defender's Quest OST
  • PixelJunk Monsters 2 (PS4/Switch)
  • Siralam 2 (PS4/Vita)
  • Night Trap (Vita)
  • Double Switch (PS4)
  • To the Top (PSVR)
  • Battle Chef Brigade (PS4)
  • Rabi-Ribi (PS4/Vita)
  • Cosmic Star Heroine (Switch)
  • Race the Sun (PS4/Vita)
  • Butcher (PS4)

One final note - apparently LRG is planning something for Black Friday, but aside from the coupon they put out they haven't specified what it is. Might want to keep an eye on it if you've missed any past releases. Happy Thanksgiving/BF all!

cb08ca350666bc49b1af01f625c392ed.jpg

Last year I made out like a bandit but I had to sit in front of my pc all day refreshing. Not sure I want to do that again.. but I’ve waited all year to pick up a couple of these.

Last edited by a moderator:
cb08ca350666bc49b1af01f625c392ed.jpg

Last year I made out like a bandit but I had to sit in front of my pc all day refreshing. Not sure I want to do that again.. but I’ve waited all year to pick up a couple of these.
Same, I remember I was 1 out of the 5 who got B&C and 4-5 other titles on top of it.

Random drops are probably going to benefit bots more than people.  Just means higher shipping costs for everyone.  Wish they'd just put them all out within a short span so people can go on with their lives and enjoy the day.

Same, I remember I was 1 out of the 5 who got B&C and 4-5 other titles on top of it.
If memory serves, you got a killer haul last year, and that was at all those random times(you may hold the record). LOL

I think I got one rare item for the whole day, but I had everything already, so I really didn't devote as much time as others who actually needed a lot.

Anyone else get an email just now that says the final batch of Butcher and Race the Sun are now available? I'm assuming it was a mess up but I nearly crashed my car in Thanksgiving traffic making sure.

I want to keep buying games, but waiting 6 months is a bit ridiculous, especially since some people have already gotten one or two of the games (Cosmic Star Heroine) already. Damn... this is frustrating. 

Pdb9l1.jpg

I want to keep buying games, but waiting 6 months is a bit ridiculous, especially since some people have already gotten one or two of the games (Cosmic Star Heroine) already. Damn... this is frustrating.

Pdb9l1.jpg
You might want to hide your order numbers. That said, I recieved my CSH order of both CE and standard last weekend so I would not worry too much unless you had other things in the order.

Random drops are probably going to benefit bots more than people. Just means higher shipping costs for everyone. Wish they'd just put them all out within a short span so people can go on with their lives and enjoy the day.
If they put everything out at the same time then you wouldn't have a chance at all. They'd all get scooped up faster than you could act. This way, if you want to camp and F5 webstore all day then you have a reasonably good chance to score the title you want. It's a better system.

I would've probably gone the opposite direction and went for 250. I could be way off base, but I don't see them moving 500 copies of that book at that price very quickly.

I'd add a shipping box to that order, too. I did order that Thimbleweed Park art book from them assuming it would ship in a box and it arrived in a mailer and not in the greatest of shape. LRG replaced it (I've been pleased by their customer support) and the replacement arrived in good condition, though, but I won't be assuming a box will be used for books again.

I would've probably gone the opposite direction and went for 250. I could be way off base, but I don't see them moving 500 copies of that book at that price very quickly.

I'd add a shipping box to that order, too. I did order that Thimbleweed Park art book from them assuming it would ship in a box and it arrived in a mailer and not in the greatest of shape. LRG replaced it (I've been pleased by their customer support) and the replacement arrived in good condition, though, but I won't be assuming a box will be used for books again.
Yeah, this will be interesting if nothing else, but at 500 I just see a bunch of people jumping in because it's 500. CSH is probably one of the bigger indie titles of the last 10 years, and having a full size art book seems a logical next step. So there's the art/guide collector's like myself, then fans of the game, and then people who just want in because of the low qty's. This is also the first unique art book being offered by LRG, and that's another thing that I think will bring in the crowds, but I could be way off base as well.

I personally think these will go a in a few minutes, but on the flip side, they have had really slow movement on BF in the past, due to peoples time and efforts being focused elsewhere. That same year I actually forgot about the morning offerings because I was busy with BF hunting and getting deals. So I showed up 20 minutes late, and qty's where still really high. But the games wasn't a must have either, so that may have been an issue as well.

As for a box being used, there's no way they ship a full size art book in a mailer, as they would need to replace 90% of orders, as books of that size do not do well in mailers. I actually had that Thimbleweed book before LRG offered it, and I knew it was kind of mini, so I'm not surprised they shipped that in a bubble mailer. I would never have done that, but having that book, I can see their logic. And since they have already alluded to higher than normal shipping cost due to size and weight, no way I give them more funds. But I do appreciate the advice, as some may want to follow it if they have doubts on how they may ship.

If memory serves, you got a killer haul last year, and that was at all those random times(you may hold the record). LOL

I think I got one rare item for the whole day, but I had everything already, so I really didn't devote as much time as others who actually needed a lot.
I might have had the greatest haul. Had a pic but can’t find it. Here’s my original post:

I made out like a bandit:

Super Gunworld 2
Risk of Rain (PS4/Vita)
The Silver Case
Mitsurugi
Night Trap
Breach & Clear
Plague Road (PS4/Vita)
Furi
NeuroVoider
The Bunker
Stealth Inc. (PS4/Vita)
Dariusburst
Asdivine Hearts (PS4/Vita)
Nova 111 (PS4/Vita)
Drive! Drive! Drive!
Rive
Wonder Boy CE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to be flying home during tomorrow's LRG sales, and even in-flight Wi-Fi may not suffice because both sale times are near a take-off or landing time. Any chance someone can help me snag Race the Sun (PSV) and Butcher (PS4)? It could help put you over the $100 minimum for the BLACKFRIDAY 10% off code!

I'm going to be flying home during tomorrow's LRG sales, and even in-flight Wi-Fi may not suffice because both sale times are near a take-off or landing time. Any chance someone can help me snag Race the Sun (PSV) and Butcher (PS4)? It could help put you over the $100 minimum for the BLACKFRIDAY 10% off code!
I can help you, but I feel you shouldn't have to worry about making the release times. Both titles don't seem like they would sell out, so you should be good an hour or two after 10 or 6 for both.

I can help you, but I feel you shouldn't have to worry about making the release times. Both titles don't seem like they would sell out, so you should be good an hour or two after 10 or 6 for both.
Race the Sun will be gone in minutes at most. Trophy hunters will be all over the Vita version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would take my chances if it were just Butcher, but I'm trying to complete R1 Vita and I know a bunch of others are, too. So, I'd rather not chance it if someone (itzd4n or other) would be willing to help.

I would take my chances if it were just Butcher, but I'm trying to complete R1 Vita and I know a bunch of others are, too. So, I'd rather not chance it if someone (itzd4n or other) would be willing to help.
Sure, I'll grab a copy of both race the sun and butcher for you

As for a box being used, there's no way they ship a full size art book in a mailer, as they would need to replace 90% of orders, as books of that size do not do well in mailers. I actually had that Thimbleweed book before LRG offered it, and I knew it was kind of mini, so I'm not surprised they shipped that in a bubble mailer. I would never have done that, but having that book, I can see their logic. And since they have already alluded to higher than normal shipping cost due to size and weight, no way I give them more funds. But I do appreciate the advice, as some may want to follow it if they have doubts on how they may ship.
Not sure if there was a different version of that Thimbleweed Park book, but this CSH book is about the same size as the one I got from LRG (the overall dimensions of the TP book are actually larger). We're talking 120 pages at 11.25" x 8.75" vs 128 pages at 11" x 8.5". Plus, the Thimbleweed Park book was more expensive. If they thought that one was safe to send in a mailer, I wouldn't bet on this one being any different unless they learned their lesson from the Thimbleweed Park book (unless I was the only one who complained). And that book did see an increased shipping charge as well - the book plus the Switch game had a $12.50 shipping charge. I also assumed a box with protection was a given. That was actually one of the reasons I ordered it through LRG - I had seen how FanGamer ships stuff and didn't want to even bother.

They did make it right, though. I don't recall if I was refunded the return shipping cost or if it was seen as my fault for not adding on a shipping box to the order.

Not sure if there was a different version of that Thimbleweed Park book, but this CSH book is about the same size as the one I got from LRG (the overall dimensions of the TP book are actually larger). We're talking 120 pages at 11.25" x 8.75" vs 128 pages at 11" x 8.5". Plus, the Thimbleweed Park book was more expensive. If they thought that one was safe to send in a mailer, I wouldn't bet on this one being any different unless they learned their lesson from the Thimbleweed Park book (unless I was the only one who complained). And that book did see an increased shipping charge as well - the book plus the Switch game had a $12.50 shipping charge. I also assumed a box with protection was a given. That was actually one of the reasons I ordered it through LRG - I had seen how FanGamer ships stuff and didn't want to even bother.

They did make it right, though. I don't recall if I was refunded the return shipping cost or if it was seen as my fault for not adding on a shipping box to the order.
Actually, I just looked back, and my book was the same size as well. I don't know what book I was thinking of, but it damn sure wasn't this one. LOL

Yeah, shipping a book this size in a mailer is insane, but still no way I pay extra for a feature they should provide, especially depending on the shipping cost.

I'd be surprised if the shipping is less than $12.50 for the artbook. They even put a 'weight may cause higher shipping cost' disclaimer on the product page.
I was thinking about the same, but this can be shipped by media mail, which would be about $4-5, not counting the box cost. Shipping should really be no more than $6 total, but I doubt that will be the case.

So, after nearly a month of knowing about it they still haven't fixed the tax issue where some people are being charged an incorrect county tax despite not living in those counties.  You would think this would be fixed by now.  Guess I will have to open another ticket about it and get my refund.

It also kind of makes you wonder - the people not opening tickets, which I imagine are many of them - are they not going to get refunded for the overcharge??

Dangit, I forgot to apply the code.  I knew about it, but totally forgot.  It would have saved me about $30. :(

Interesting to me that Battle Chef Brigade for PS4 has a pre-order countdown timer now despite it being a fixed quantity release. Does this mean they're gonna cut it off and print less copies than originally announced? Have they ever done this before?

Yeah, this will be interesting if nothing else, but at 500 I just see a bunch of people jumping in because it's 500. CSH is probably one of the bigger indie titles of the last 10 years, and having a full size art book seems a logical next step. So there's the art/guide collector's like myself, then fans of the game, and then people who just want in because of the low qty's. This is also the first unique art book being offered by LRG, and that's another thing that I think will bring in the crowds, but I could be way off base as well.
Looks like you were right and I was wrong.

I almost didn't get it since I don't love the shipping cost.... especially when I suspect this will be sent via UPS Mail Innovations. Didn't they used to ship First Class/Priority? I forget, but it seems like it was quicker than UPS Mail Innovations. Not that it matters much these days...

Surprised the Art book lasted as long as it did. I was able to order it, the Switch copy of the game, and use my $3 Golf Story code. I see Shantae Risky's Revenge popped up and sold out while I wasn't looking. Wonder how many copies there were? Fortunately, I already have a copy of that one.

Surprised the Art book lasted as long as it did. I was able to order it, the Switch copy of the game, and use my $3 Golf Story code. I see Shantae Risky's Revenge popped up and sold out while I wasn't looking. Wonder how many copies there were? Fortunately, I already have a copy of that one.
Twitter account says one copy of Shantae went up

Looks like you were right and I was wrong.

I almost didn't get it since I don't love the shipping cost.... especially when I suspect this will be sent via UPS Mail Innovations. Didn't they used to ship First Class/Priority? I forget, but it seems like it was quicker than UPS Mail Innovations. Not that it matters much these days...
Yeah, I would say maybe half and half(both partially right), as I expected those to go a lot faster than that, and I think on a normal Friday, they may have(BF always seems to slow things down for LRG). I'm sure the books where probably qty of 300 this morning, and then maybe 200 in the pm. So we'll have to see how the afternoon goes to make a complete assessment, as those may last days, who knows?

bread's done
Back