Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I'm going to cry if I miss the Jak CE later. Had a miserable morning where I couldnt even look at my phone for a moment to check it

Can't say if that's what they started as or not, seemed like good intentions at first.
They started out as a last ditch effort by a failing game dev that was about to close shop to get a quick cash infusion to survive. It was all about a way to get a quick bulk of cash. That's the core of the business and all of the touchy feeling bits about saving digital games is fluff to help sell it to gamers. That said, I bought into the initial pitch of supporting them because they wanted to make available as many digital only great games as they could and I don't really regret it even though it meant buying a game I seriously didn't want. Thankfully I stopped after Breach & Clear with the idea of "supporting them" as they didn't need my "help" and got super damned picky about what I bought the same as I do for every other company out there.

Tempted to get Jak and Daxter as it would be cool to have a physical copy on PS4, but I have the game digitally and need to cut back on expenses with games since I no longer have GCU and games will cost me more going forward, as a result, I need to not buy everything, especially games I have already and am not playing. There is a local chain around me though that occasionally does carry LRG stuff and they sell them used at a bit lower of a price. I'd imagine they'd sell Jak and Daxter for $16-$20 and if they end up getting a copy I'll probably pick it up on impulse. 

Baker may be a loony tune, but he's not completely off the mark on a lot of what he says. Some people aren't as serious about collecting as others, so his ramblings seem borderline insane, but a more reasonable person could present many of his points in a more digestible fashion. He just comes off as one of those Athiests that is obsessed with religion. A zealot for anti-zealotry. But LRG do do (teehee) an awful lot of things that are anti-consumer, blatantly greedy, inconsiderate, stupid, etc.

Tempted to get Jak and Daxter as it would be cool to have a physical copy on PS4, but I have the game digitally and need to cut back on expenses with games since I no longer have GCU and games will cost me more going forward, as a result, I need to not buy everything, especially games I have already and am not playing. There is a local chain around me though that occasionally does carry LRG stuff and they sell them used at a bit lower of a price. I'd imagine they'd sell Jak and Daxter for $16-$20 and if they end up getting a copy I'll probably pick it up on impulse.
Curious why they would sell them at a loss? Are they somehow getting them in cheaper than the standard price? it just seems like a strange setup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my shantae switch CE this morning, super excited for that to ship.  Now please bring the first to Switch as well!  And if you can arrange a physical version of FF7 on cart I will be your best friend.

I think it’s actually a pretty solid CE, but I just have no interest in playing Jak and Daxter again. If this was a remake a la Ratchet and Clank I’d definitely be in.

I added the Shantae Bundle to my cart the second it went up, got through all of the usual checkout screens & clicked 'Complete Order' but got a 404 site error!!
I frantically clicked back into my cart but of course by the time I got back through checkout it was long gone. F'ing ridiculous!! :(

passed on Jak & Daxter, have it on ps2 n ps3. A remake like crash would of been cooler.

I'd honestly rather see super rare, super expensive or JP Only ps2 games turn physical for ps4.

Scalpers with bots probably. Same thing with GALF - they had to cancel quite a few orders due to people going over the limit.
Still pretty pissed I didn't get GALF.

LRG 'needs' to implement captcha / stop using shopify, but let's be honest, they don't give a fuck about people trying to collect, at the end of the day they made their money

I grabbed a Jak CE somehow despite it selling out in 30 seconds.

The fact it’s naughty dog and had some really cool items made me jump on it. Needed to get my hands on that precursor orb.

I'll buy I am the Hero and Super Destronaut DX from Play Asia instead.

With Free Shipping and an extra $3 off
I've been digging the eastasiasoft release as well, especially the Vita releases, but neither of these catch my interest. I've heard rumors that they are going to continue to support the Vita into next year.

I think today proves that people will buy anything LRG puts out.  Jak is literally a 17 year old game that has been re-released atleast 2 times now.  You can buy the whole trilogy for less than the price of the one they sold today.   My guess is perhaps people wanted it on the PS4 (vs. PS2 or PS3) but for that price, it seems insane to me.  To each their own though.

I guess this is a better "huge surprise" than last time with Pixel Junk Monsters 2 though.

I like Jak but not to the point of getting sucked into paying a couple to few hundred dollars for all the CEs that will eventually be released for the series. I have Jak on the PS2, PS3, and Vita. Certainly don't need the inferior PS4 version. I will say that the LRG CE looks pretty nice compared to most of LRG's other CEs. Definitely kind of odd that a company devoted to preserving digital games is "preserving" a game with millions of copies on multiple platforms out there. Cool if this kind of release gives them more ability to release some bigger games that actually have never been released physically.

I think today proves that people will buy anything LRG puts out. Jak is literally a 17 year old game that has been re-released atleast 2 times now. You can buy the whole trilogy for less than the price of the one they sold today. My guess is perhaps people wanted it on the PS4 (vs. PS2 or PS3) but for that price, it seems insane to me. To each their own though.

I guess this is a better "huge surprise" than last time with Pixel Junk Monsters 2 though.
Yep and a couple Jak Daxter Collector's editions have already sold for $460+ on the bay. Pretty crazy is an understatement.

Yep and a couple Jak Daxter Collector's editions have already sold for $460+ on the bay. Pretty crazy is an understatement.
That much that fast on stuff like this is often the seller on another account bidding it up that high to manipulate "last sold for" price trend history to get people to flip out about it and panic. Then when he "agrees" with him/herself to cancel the order and relist and gets no fees, and someone thinks they are getting a deal when it's relisted at $400.

When shit like that happens they should either track down who the seller is and cancel their preorder, or just cancel ALL preorders. Zero tolerance.

When shit like that happens they should either track down who the seller is and cancel their preorder, or just cancel ALL preorders. Zero tolerance.
They never tracked Chris down after trying, they got paid and sold all their stock, it's not gonna happen at this point. Shopify is one of the most easily botted store front there is, they provide documentation on programmatically buying from their software, it's gonna keep happening unless they make real changes that we've been harping for forever

I think today proves that people will buy anything LRG puts out. Jak is literally a 17 year old game that has been re-released atleast 2 times now. You can buy the whole trilogy for less than the price of the one they sold today. My guess is perhaps people wanted it on the PS4 (vs. PS2 or PS3) but for that price, it seems insane to me. To each their own though.

I was hoping for something out of left field.

Yeah it's 17 years old but it's still better than 90% of the Indie $1 Steam\PSN sale shit LRG puts out.They probably could've sold 10 to 20 thousand units today. The HD Trilogy on PS3 looks better than the upscaled PS2 classics on PS4 though. Also they have the original variable framerates. Still playable just not as good as the HD trilogy. I'd like to see more console quality digital games released instead of Indie crap. There are some Square Enix games on PSN that would do well as physical releases.

I was hoping for something out of left field.

Yeah it's 17 years old but it's still better than 90% of the Indie $1 Steam\PSN sale shit LRG puts out.They probably could've sold 10 to 20 thousand units today. The HD Trilogy on PS3 looks better than the upscaled PS2 classics on PS4 though. Also they have the original variable framerates. Still playable just not as good as the HD trilogy. I'd like to see more console quality digital games released instead of Indie crap. There are some Square Enix games on PSN that would do well as physical releases.
I just have a hard time seeing SE not just hoarding those themselves and selling as the usual SE store exclusive

That's awesome. I think for a lot of us Celeste is one of the best announcements yet. I think it works out so much better to just drop an announcement like this rather than try and hype things up and turn them into guessing games where a lot of people end up disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought Celeste may get a regular retail release from a smaller publisher like Rising Star Games or 505 Games, but I'll take it either way.  Glad to see it getting a physical release.  1/1 does seem to be an odd release date for it though since its a Tuesday and LRG usually releases on Fridays.

Weird how getting a foot in the door with Naughty Dog didn't give me the raging boner that it did for them.  Now we can get all the unpublished.....oh wait.

Finally, an announcement I am on board with and can get excited about, with Celeste. 

I am going to take a wild guess that Best Buy will be carrying Celeste Switch.
would be kinda dumb not to if the option is on the table, they really need to start getting into stores quicker on these releases though, beyond the games people critically acclaim it's gotta be a hard sale to get someone to walk into best buy and buy a game they got on eshop a year ago

Did anyone get their copy of late shift yet?
Mine already came a few weeks ago, but it was only paired together with Phantom Breaker PS4 standard edition which is also green in the production updates page, so that might be why. I have some earlier titles that are getting held back by red stuff like Everspace, for example.

The LRG haters are worse though. They tend to complain the loudest and spend the most with LRG.
I've sold off a good 85% or so of my LRG titles at this point, only things I haven't moved are some of the small bullshit releases and haven't put some of the CE's up yet, haven't purchased anything from them directly in months because I realized what a waste of money some of the games have been

I've sold off a good 85% or so of my LRG titles at this point, only things I haven't moved are some of the small bullshit releases and haven't put some of the CE's up yet, haven't purchased anything from them directly in months because I realized what a waste of money some of the games have been
Cool, so no need to keep hanging out in this thread then, am I right?

i got Senran before these. I opened a ticket with LRG and all they said was "it's still shipping." But then I look at their Shipping Room Page and they've been shipping stuff that came out later. 

bread's done
Back