Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
It's cool that LRG got Celeste for the Switch. But it's also ~$39.99 to buy a copy.

If they didn't get the rights to release this game, then someone else would have. Perhaps even cheaper.
Yeah, agreed. I wish another publisher like 505 got hold of this one. ~$40 for the standard version of this title (after tax and shipping) is too much. Had LRG not grabbed it, Celeste would certainly have been picked up by another publisher.

This should be a $19.99 game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Completely forgot about the blind box sale but is there a reason why the PS4/Vita ones are still available? Do they have that many leftover games? In the past, blind boxes sold out fairly quickly... or at least I think they did. 

Completely forgot about the blind box sale but is there a reason why the PS4/Vita ones are still available? Do they have that many leftover games? In the past, blind boxes sold out fairly quickly... or at least I think they did.
Peeps are awake. Loose Rattling Games doesn’t number the back of thier games so they always print extra hence the leftovers

Yup the Celeste pricing hurt really bad. I want a copy of it, so it is what it is, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it.

Also, $15 for a random steelbook is horrible bullshit. I was a huge Steelbook collector for years before I gave it up. $15 for a steel isn't bad at all, really. But $15 for a random one? How does anyone even defend this shit?

Given those statements, let me save some of you some time:

1. It's more expensive to produce a physical game (let's ignore that a good 90% or more of games released physically are the same price as digital and let's advocate for spending more money, sure).

2. No one is making you buy it (literally the most intelligently bankrupt 'point' that a person can even make).

3. It's good for the devs (good for them but I'm a consumer). 

I got burned on the last blind box Ps4 sale. Not to mention it's a limit of 10 for that one compared to 5 for the others. Easy pass.

Picked up several Switch titles since I only recently got the system and passed on a number of LRG offerings for it. Came to the realization that this might be my first LRG purchase in long time to ACTUALLY ship in a reasonable timeframe.

Wait, is the PS4 release of Celeste limited? Says less than 12% Stock left.
Originally it was supposed to be limited but they switched it to an open pre-order after feedback. I wonder if they just never took off the original amount for the remaining quantity.

I had a Celeste Switch CE in my cart from earlier and I was able to checkout about 5 minutes ago if I wanted to, but decided not to and removed it from my cart. Already bought the PS4 one, don't need two of them.

Celeste CE for Switch sold out in less than 45 seconds (which is how long I had mine active...before it was denied and sold out).

2nd round switch ce sold out immediately, this company continues to be a shitty joke but y'all keep supportin ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ saw a ton of confirmed bot orders on some discords that probably went straight to ebay as usual

this thread still needs to be removed form this forum, it is not a Deal Thread, it's a generic release thread

this thread still needs to be removed form this forum, it is not a Deal Thread, it's a generic release thread
I agree. Not a single deal in here. That’s why this site went to shit a few years ago.
Truly disgusting. Cheaply prolly gets a cut from Doug

It’s no different from the collector edition thread or Japanese Niche thread as both provide info on potentially limited products. Don’t post in this thread if it bugs you.

2nd round switch ce sold out immediately, this company continues to be a shitty joke but y'all keep supportin ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ saw a ton of confirmed bot orders on some discords that probably went straight to ebay as usual
Waaaaahhhh

Again you didn’t get a release you wanted so you come take a shit in the thread. Get over yourself.

Waaaaahhhh

Again you didn’t get a release you wanted so you come take a shit in the thread. Get over yourself.
No I complain because it's a valid point, this thread in no way shape or form belongs on this forum, feel free to make a valid point on why it does

edit: plus doug and crew abandoned contributing to this forum long ago despite members of cag being the reason they got off the floor to begin with

Oh, this argument again. Cool.

There are several threads that are popular (LRG, Vita, Japanese Niche, PSVR) that have a lot of discussion about games that don't have discounts. I don't see an issue with this. Keeping up with items that may become rare but are being sold at retail price at the moment is valuable in the long run because many such games will become fairly expensive after they sell out at retail. Also, it's not like the forum is awash in so many deals topics that they get buried by the aforementioned threads. In fact, these aforementioned threads get a ton of activity and keep the the forum from becoming stagnant.

No I complain because it's a valid point, this thread in no way shape or form belongs on this forum, feel free to make a valid point on why it does

edit: plus doug and crew abandoned contributing to this forum long ago despite members of cag being the reason they got off the floor to begin with
Ok, bud

Purchased my first game in months from LRG... Celeste doesn't really look all that special but it's been on a lot of top ten best games lists so I just took the gamble and picked one up along with a few blind boxes. 

I rarely see deals in most threads on CAG, but if I was bothered by that, I just wouldn't visit those threads. The taking my ball home mentality because LRG isn't meeting some personal like/need is childish at best. So long as LRG is being discussed here, it's all good. 

I've always found "limited" items to be a deal, as once they are no longer being sold, prices often climb, in which case, these are very much deals. Of course most LRG can be had for less than retail at this point, but they still do have stuff that sells rather fast like today, and I'm sure the secondary prices are already high, so I personally see the deal in situations like this.

A deal is in the eye of the beholder, so if this thread doesn't hold a deal for you, why come here and complain that it should be moved/closed? Based on this thread since it was started, I would say there has never been a deal here in the traditional way, so why would the usual suspects be here now stating there are no deals? There have never been deals here, but yet you are all always here, why is that? 

Oh, this argument again. Cool.

There are several threads that are popular (LRG, Vita, Japanese Niche, PSVR) that have a lot of discussion about games that don't have discounts. I don't see an issue with this. Keeping up with items that may become rare but are being sold at retail price at the moment is valuable in the long run because many such games will become fairly expensive after they sell out at retail. Also, it's not like the forum is awash in so many deals topics that they get buried by the aforementioned threads. In fact, these aforementioned threads get a ton of activity and keep the the forum from becoming stagnant.
Plus this is the only forum that really draws a lot of traffic, right? So moving these threads would probably result in them becoming much less active.

I really wish I could pick the steel book I wanted. The only one I want is Furi for Switch. It a shame because I don’t buy blind boxes. You never get what you want in a blind box. Oh well.

I rarely see deals in most threads on CAG, but if I was bothered by that, I just wouldn't visit those threads. The taking my ball home mentality because LRG isn't meeting some personal like/need is childish at best. So long as LRG is being discussed here, it's all good.

I've always found "limited" items to be a deal, as once they are no longer being sold, prices often climb, in which case, these are very much deals. Of course most LRG can be had for less than retail at this point, but they still do have stuff that sells rather fast like today, and I'm sure the secondary prices are already high, so I personally see the deal in situations like this.

A deal is in the eye of the beholder, so if this thread doesn't hold a deal for you, why come here and complain that it should be moved/closed? Based on this thread since it was started, I would say there has never been a deal here in the traditional way, so why would the usual suspects be here now stating there are no deals? There have never been deals here, but yet you are all always here, why is that?
Agree. The dude complaining has serious daddy issues. He keeps posting on LRG's social media that they refuse to interact with their fans literally in the same tweet chains where they have addressed him directly. He also seems obsessed with the idea that this is somehow the only forum out there where LRG posted before they launched and therefore they owe this forum something. He's a total whack job.

I come to this thread for the same reason people watch soap operas. Can't get enough of this overdramatic nonsense

Agree. The dude complaining has serious daddy issues. He keeps posting on LRG's social media that they refuse to interact with their fans literally in the same tweet chains where they have addressed him directly. He also seems obsessed with the idea that this is somehow the only forum out there where LRG posted before they launched and therefore they owe this forum something. He's a total whack job.
You don't seem to understand what daddy issues means

[attachment=31591:1A4b.gif]

Aren't you the one that posts daily on the GameStop thread for about 2 weeks now that you should hurry and go buy a "generic release" before its OOS because its "limited" and might be worth something someday?

tenor.gif

Does anyone have any extra copy of Cosmic Star Heroine PS4 and want to trade for something else from LRG?  I missed that one.  

pls shoot me a PM.

Did something happen yesterday.... I was busy the night before and slept in. Doing a New Year’s Day release was dumb, all it did was confirm I wasn’t participating.

Well, Super Rare Games now has an annual membership for something(as I didn't bother to read the details), so give it a look, and act accordingly.

https://superraregames.com/products/super-rare-club-membership-2019
Roughly $32 to get 48 hour early access to games, get games shipped to you before others, get 25% off one item, and be part of a "secret mailing list" to get get game announcements. So glad LRG never pulled this kind of crap. I'll be interested to see how this model works out for Super Rare Games.

Roughly $32 to get 48 hour early access to games, get games shipped to you before others, get 25% off one item, and be part of a "secret mailing list" to get get game announcements. So glad LRG never pulled this kind of crap. I'll be interested to see how this model works out for Super Rare Games.
Didn’t this idea get tossed around before or something similar to it? I vaguely remember something like that but it didn’t go so well with the LRG groupies.

Yeah it got brought up with LRG around the time of the Night Trap fiasco and people basically told Doug to stick it where the sun doesnt shine. I guess they listened, because it never happened.

Super Rare is pretty ballsy to try it. Their audience is already more limited due to the fact they only sell Switch games, and on top of that their short release history really hasn't been very impressive.

bread's done
Back