Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
a6b7f8ee813de2a488e72ae686f1961e.jpg

f5757c864069ad927cbac47e8eaa7afe.jpg

I saw some people posted their blind box pulls a couple days ago.  I received the following from mine yesterday:

PS4: Dariusburst, Antiquia Lost

Vita: Salt and Sanctuary, Phantom Breaker, Croixleur Sigma, Siralim

Overall I am pretty happy with my pulls and I am really excited about Dariusburst.  I would love to hear about what other people have been getting.

All of my blind boxes are tied to other releases, one to Windjammers, the other to Celeste. It looks like the earliest one might come toward the end of February.

My Switch blind boxes were average. Don't really care for two of the games.

Saturday Morning RPG

Kingdom New Lands

Thumper

Slime-San

Night Trap

I saw some people posted their blind box pulls a couple days ago. I received the following from mine yesterday:

PS4: Dariusburst, Antiquia Lost

Vita: Salt and Sanctuary, Phantom Breaker, Croixleur Sigma, Siralim

Overall I am pretty happy with my pulls and I am really excited about Dariusburst. I would love to hear about what other people have been getting.
Damn, probably the best one so far. Darius is amazingly weird in a lot of ways; definitely one of the best from everything available. 'Grats!

Took the weekend to screw around with my Vita TV and get everything up to date
after not touching it for a couple of years
so I could try out a couple of the games I'd gotten that I'd passed on prior; Rock Boshers is indeed a fun little brightly-colored, hard-to-parse throwback to dinosaur times and I liked it quite a bit for the 2-3 hours it lasted.

Gunhouse, however, is garbage. Dunno who thought THAT warranted a release; it's ugly (mostly in terms of animation, admittedly; the art ITSELF is decent, and the cover art definitely fooled me into thinking it looked interesting), it's not fun mechanically, it's extremely slow and basic in the puzzling that takes up 2/3rds of your gametime, and it's ridiculously repetitive. Very obviously a phone game, and not even a good one at that; couldn't stomach it past the first three levels. That one's definitely a booby prize; I'd missed the original release of it entirely, and def. would have preferred it stayed that way.

DID manage to grab one of the Jak 2 CE to console myself, though. Love that game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone notice that the google calendar link is gone on the upcoming releases page? I noticed that they stopped updating it as often, and now its gone. When it was updated, it was nice to see the overlap for when switch game preorder windows were open.

Layers of Fear for the Switch showed up today.  It didn't include a loyalty ticket, or card, which at first I thought was a mistake.  But then I checked the item description on the website and they plainly say it was not part of their numbered Switch collection, and would not include a loyalty ticket or card.  The PS4 version does, however.

Layers of Fear for the Switch showed up today. It didn't include a loyalty ticket, or card, which at first I thought was a mistake. But then I checked the item description on the website and they plainly say it was not part of their numbered Switch collection, and would not include a loyalty ticket or card. The PS4 version does, however.
they shouldve at least given u a ticket.

I just got a shipping confirmation for my Rabi-Ribi Vita order. I’m pretty surprised they are already starting to ship. I wasn’t expecting these to go out until late February or early March.

No one has brought it up yet, but Limited Run is probably starting a new trend tomorrow with the Game Tengoku release in that the collector’s edition will have exclusive DLC not available in the regular print. Regular print version is $40. Collector’s edition with all game content is $100.

No one has brought it up yet, but Limited Run is probably starting a new trend tomorrow with the Game Tengoku release in that the collector’s edition will have exclusive DLC not available in the regular print. Regular print version is $40. Collector’s edition with all game content is $100.
They did update it to denote it was only the Tatsujin DLC that was exclusive later. Still shitty, but at first it seemed like it was all of the DLC (three characters and a voice pack).

As much as I love shmups, I really hate this practice.

They did update it to denote it was only the Tatsujin DLC that was exclusive later. Still shitty, but at first it seemed like it was all of the DLC (three characters and a voice pack).

It's pretty much how it works in Japan though. At least here the DLC is actually on the disc and doesn't require setting up an account in another region so you can download it.

yeah, DLC locked behind buying an expensive content version with no other way to obtain it is super bad :\

I forgot what's the quicker method to checkout over using PayPal on lrg's site again?

I'm going to try for a CE, wish me luck guys. :D
thanks.

I dont normally get any PS4 games from them but that CE is incredibly appealing to me. I'm a sucker for long boxes

Yeah, my art books shipped as well, along with Race The Sun(Vita), hopefully the art books are packaged well.
Got my art book (and Switch copy) for CSH yesterday. They came in this thin bubble mailer. Damaged along most of the edges & corners. Game thrown in loose with the art book. Trading card damaged. Hell, even my loyalty ticket was creased and practically folded in half. What the hell were we paying extra shipping for? It looked like a typical Amazon "We couldn't care less" package!

Also, was kinda holding out until today to pick up Celeste and Iconoclasts, since I couldn't decide which system to get them for, and I see Iconoclasts in sold out for PS4? I thought they all ended on the same day. Did I miss something?

*EDIT* I thought it was an open pre-order, like Celeste. Was it it a normal sale? With Celeste being open pre-orders on both systems, and then Iconoclasts right after it, I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention. Oh well. Anyone have an extra PS4 copy of Iconoclasts? I guess it's off to the eBay scalpers otherwise...

Got my art book (and Switch copy) for CSH yesterday. They came in this thin bubble mailer. Damaged along most of the edges & corners. Game thrown in loose with the art book. Trading card damaged. Hell, even my loyalty ticket was creased and practically folded in half. What the hell were we paying extra shipping for? It looked like a typical Amazon "We couldn't care less" package!
WOW, that is beyond astonishing they would ship something in that manner, especially with such a limited run. I know they hold back a good amount, so hopefully any damage problems can be resolved. I ordered 2 art books, so hopefully they are put in a box, or some other form of proper packaging. If mine show any signs of issues, back they go, as no way I'm paying for damaged LE books.

I was a little surprised at how quickly the Another World Switch CE sold out.  Honestly the contents looked like shit for $30 extra.  But Switch fans apparently buy up anything with little regard to cost.

I was a little surprised at how quickly the Another World Switch CE sold out. Honestly the contents looked like shit for $30 extra. But Switch fans apparently buy up anything with little regard to cost.
I think it's resellers back on the bandwaggon. There's already one UK ebay listing for £180.00 (~$236.78 US)... plus £19.99 shipping.

EDIT: wrongly typed £80.00 instead of £180.00

I was a little surprised at how quickly the Another World Switch CE sold out. Honestly the contents looked like shit for $30 extra. But Switch fans apparently buy up anything with little regard to cost.
Yeah, I have the same problem, but with PS4. I've bought every Switch CE from LRG, but weighed simply on a gameplay/$ level, the Another World Switch CE is the first CE I pass on. Another World is not the kind of thing I would ever take with me in portable mode or play more frequently than once per generation. I also already got the CE on PS4 and Vita, regrettably. I am not making that mistake again for a console with saves DRM-locked to the machine.

if anyone was trying to just ge tthe Game Tengoku extras from the LE, someone listed the LE w/o the ps4 case/disc, could be a good affordable way to upgrade your standard edition to the LE bundle of goodies since it's actually priced at non scalper levels https://www.ebay.com/itm/DISC-NOT-INCLUDED-LimitedRunGames-GAME-TENGOKU-CRUISINMIX-SPECIAL-PARADISE-BOX/273681411838
Relatedly, the cover art seems to be identical between the LE and SE AFAICT. I wonder if this is going to cause any confusion between SEs and LE game packs that are still sealed. Presumably, Sony will give them a unique code?

I only ever get a few LRG releases but this one just looks bad. Another World is one of my all time favorite games so I'll buy the regular copy and be happy.

Relatedly, the cover art seems to be identical between the LE and SE AFAICT. I wonder if this is going to cause any confusion between SEs and LE game packs that are still sealed. Presumably, Sony will give them a unique code?
Not sure if the dlc code for the le locked dlc is in the game case or in the le box tbh

I passed on both entries today. Not much of a challenge. I've been trying to wean myself off of constant LRG purchases. I love Another World. But I double-dipped when they released the title for PS4 and Vita, so a Switch copy just isn't necessary. And the Japanese-themed game just doesn't seem like the kind of gameplay I prefer, so that wasn't very difficult to pass on either. There are going to be other upcoming releases that I definitely will want, so having a week off is actually a bit of a relief.

I really hope they put a unique cover on the CE version of the game. I can see a mistake being made as they are trying to assemble the CE contents and they better well have the $100 version of the PS4 game in the CE and not the $40 version. It would be much harder to make a mistake if they have different covers.

bread's done
Back