Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
They must have needed a lot of cash because they also traded in a ton of PS1 rpgs and a few PS4 games, including a sealed/in plastic protector copy of Nex Machina.
You also know those places give pennies on the dollar for merch right? So let's say the going Ebay rate for all that stuff was $1000, they may have gotten $300 if they where lucky from a mom & pop shop. The same way Gamestop will give someone $10 for an item, then put it out on the shelves for $40-$50 the next day. That's the pro of being the buyer in a desperate situation, as you hold all the cards, and the con for the seller is needing to sell "now". That's why most pawn shops are open 24 hours, as shit happens at all times, 365 days of the year. Just because your seeing some high dollar items, in no way means the seller got anywhere near that. But if needing $500 for a car repair Vs. loosing your job, or feeding your family, it's an easy call to make.

I look forward to seeing a future episode of Pawn Stars where they bring in a video game historian to assess a rare LRG item. I hope it's Firewatch PS4 and they start debating the authenticity of heat shrink wrap vs Y-fold wrap and whether or not it's a loose disc copy that's been reseated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shipping updates for anyone interested (updates in bold):

Shipping "Now"/February

• Another World (PS4 CE/Vita CE)
  • Furi (Switch CE)
  • Golf Story CE (Switch)
  • Dragon Sinker (PS4/Vita)
  • Night Trap (Vita)
  • Siralim 2 (PS4/Vita)
  • Double Switch (PS4)
  • Battle Chef Brigade (PS4/Switch)
  • Rabi-Ribi (PS4/Vita)
  • West of Loathing (Switch + CE)
  • Jak and Daxter (PS4 + CE)
  • PixelJunk Monsters 2 (PS4/Switch)
  • Outlast: Bundle of Terror (Switch)
  • Outlast 2 (Switch)
  • Outlast 1/2 CE
  • Dust (Switch)
  • Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (Switch + CE)
  • Sigil (PC)
  • Windjammers (Switch)
Shipping March:

• Windjammers CE (Switch)
  • Celeste (PS4/Switch)
  • Celeste CE (PS4/Switch)
  • Celeste Merchandise
  • Iconoclasts CE (PS4/Vita)
Shipping April:

• Iconoclasts (Switch)
  • Iconoclasts CE (Switch)
Shipping Eventually (TBA/no date/removed from page)

• Golf Story Vinyl
  • Defender's Quest OST
  • Headlander (PS4)
  • Rain World (PS4)
  • Rain World OST
  • Danmaku Unlimited (Switch)
  • Neurovoider (Vita)
  • Sundered (PS4)
  • Iconoclasts (PS4/Vita)
  • Proteus (Vita)
  • Neonwall (PSVR)
  • Jak 2 (PS4 + CE)
  • Tacoma (PS4 + CE)
  • Another World (Switch + CE)
  • Game Tengoku CruisinMix (PS4 + CE)
  • Spelunky (PS4/Vita)
  • Spelunky CE (PC/PS4/Vita)
  • Fernz Gate (PS4/Vita)
  • Spelunky Vinyl

Since I last posted (three weeks ago) they cleared the following games from the queue:

• Blind Boxes/Blowout Sale items
  • Dragon's Lair Trilogy (PS4)
  • Defender's Quest (PS4/Vita)
  • Mages of Mystralia (PS4)
  • Broken Age (Switch)
  • Butcher (PS4)
  • Race the Sun (PS4/Vita)
  • Cosmic Star Heroine (Switch) + Artbooks
  • Yooka-Laylee (Switch CE)
  • Layers of Fear (Switch)
  • Everspace (PS4)
In terms of the sheer number of releases (including CEs and different platforms) it seems like they stayed about equal (i.e. shipping out as much as they released). Last time I did an update like this they lost ground (albeit during the holidays), so it's progress at least. 

Must have been super desperate or just lazy to trade all that stuff in.  I've hit tight spots in the past where I opted to liquidate a portion of my collection to help ease the burden, but I used ebay and sold to forum friends back in my IGN days.

Lately I've been feeling the urge to just sell off the majority of my game stuff.  I'm not so lazy as to use a gamestore and I don't "need" the money for anything specific.  I'm just not really playing games as much anymore and I've wanted to get more minimalistic for years.  Also thinking about 30 years from now... which I'm in my 70's at that point... I don't think there are many games I even own that I'd want to replay.  I can kind of see why so many people just go digital only.  There's no hassle later to purge a collection and if a store does go down ... yeah.. it's not like most of those games were ever going to be replayed anyway.   This for me is extra clear as the Wii Eshop ended... it's been years since I bothered with going back to any of my old purchases.  Same for my DSi Stuff.  Really I've not gone back to even replay most of my physical games that I love as is.   Anyway, I can see why someone might just opt to do a quick purge even if it's not about needing the money.  The temptation of just taking boxes of games to a gameshop and walking out with a few hundred (maybe) and just being done... yeah... I don't plan to do that but I can feel that temptation.  Same for just doing a "lot" sale listing on craigslist or ebay instead of individual items.  I can see why people do it.

Looks like I'm getting 7 packages soon. It'll feel like christmas
I know right, I've been getting slammed these last few weeks, I just wish my CSH books hadn't arrived in such poor condition. It took me a month just to get my free game sorted out, so no telling how long it will take to get new books. LRG doesn't seem happy to just let customers keep their mistake, and ship new items. So I'm sure I'll have to wait and return the damages, then hope they don't send the back in the same manner, but I won't be holding my breath.

I know right, I've been getting slammed these last few weeks, I just wish my CSH books hadn't arrived in such poor condition. It took me a month just to get my free game sorted out, so no telling how long it will take to get new books. LRG doesn't seem happy to just let customers keep their mistake, and ship new items. So I'm sure I'll have to wait and return the damages, then hope they don't send the back in the same manner, but I won't be holding my breath.
I put in a ticket for my CSH with cover damage last Friday or Saturday and haven't heard anything back yet. Based on comments I've read in this thread recently, that may be the new normal, but it seems like they used to respond a little quicker.

I did just see I ordered a shipping box for my CSH + artbook order. I forgot I did that. I must not have trusted that they'd send it in a box.

I put in a ticket for my CSH with cover damage last Friday or Saturday and haven't heard anything back yet. Based on comments I've read in this thread recently, that may be the new normal, but it seems like they used to respond a little quicker.

I did just see I ordered a shipping box for my CSH + artbook order. I forgot I did that. I must not have trusted that they'd send it in a box.
I got a reply a day ago that I had replacements on the way. They said that they'd look into it on the manufacturing side, and that they wouldn't provide any more return labels for this kind of thing. Given that it is literally impossible to buy these elsewhere or inspect before purchase, and this is exactly the kind of thing that their market would not be okay with, I found that response to be a flippant and passive aggressive "fuck off", but maybe I'm just reading too much into it. I just know that I will continue returning every single damaged game that I get in, and I hope that they resolve this soon.

Must have been super desperate or just lazy to trade all that stuff in. I've hit tight spots in the past where I opted to liquidate a portion of my collection to help ease the burden, but I used ebay and sold to forum friends back in my IGN days.

*Long quote not quoted*
I've been feeling that lately. I mean am I really going to ever really want to play something like Drive Girls or Conception 2? I played Conception 2 and frankly it was boring as heck. I would Ebay it all, unless it's really worth nothing. Otherwise, I would likely just donate it or sell it to Half Price Books for barely anything or something else. I have a massive PS2/PS3/PS4/Vita/3DS/PC collection. I am just being more realistic about what i'm going to want to play in the future because I really don't want to use up my time with totally mediocre or worse bad games. Same goes for movies and books. I can't predict the movies, but I could read reviews and a few chapter of books (i'm a quick reader) to figure out those at least. I'm too much of a collector at the moment, and really just want stuff I really want, so it's going to be a mass purging for me. Going to do the same with anime figures I collected years ago. I'm keeping my Seven Deadly Sins ones though. Those were expensive and are beautiful and I will gladly display them and my Dollfie Miku. Also put my lottery ticket in for the Dollfie Dream Sister Sailor Mars too, but that's another story.

I got a reply a day ago that I had replacements on the way. They said that they'd look into it on the manufacturing side, and that they wouldn't provide any more return labels for this kind of thing. Given that it is literally impossible to buy these elsewhere or inspect before purchase, and this is exactly the kind of thing that their market would not be okay with, I found that response to be a flippant and pass aggressive "fuck off", but maybe I'm just reading too much into it. I just know that I will continue returning every single damaged game that I get in, and I hope that they resolve this soon.
Honestly, your standards seem pretty irrational for what constitutes damage though and you're one of the few collectors I am aware of that claims to get a large number of damaged inserts from retailers. Unless the insert is cut or folded over in some way, a little rippling or being slightly off center or having small indentations is normal as part of the manufacturing process. These things are done by machines and you're not going to get perfect results when a factory is cranking out thousands of copies in a short period of time.

I've been feeling that lately. I mean am I really going to ever really want to play something like Drive Girls or Conception 2? I played Conception 2 and frankly it was boring as heck. I would Ebay it all, unless it's really worth nothing. Otherwise, I would likely just donate it or sell it to Half Price Books for barely anything or something else. I have a massive PS2/PS3/PS4/Vita/3DS/PC collection.
Yea, I've been purging recently, partially fueled by having to move. Finally tossed our copies of FFXI, for example, since they're of absolutely no use.

It's fun seeing stuff you didn't expect to shoot up be worth $200, and stuff that you expected to shoot up go for a loss.

I'm glad I got most of my bigger items gone now that USPS raised their rates a ton. First class 16 oz packages can be almost $10 retail to ship now. It's insane. It's like $5.60 with commercial discount (e.g. eBay).

Friggin' can't sell a single anime figure to save my life though.

Honestly, your standards seem pretty irrational for what constitutes damage though and you're one of the few collectors I am aware of that claims to get a large number of damaged inserts from retailers. Unless the insert is cut or folded over in some way, a little rippling or being slightly off center or having small indentations is normal as part of the manufacturing process. These things are done by machines and you're not going to get perfect results when a factory is cranking out thousands of copies in a short period of time.
I do have higher standards than many other people, quite 'proud' of that in my own sick way. All of that being said, I have (or have had, as I've sold a ton that weren't really worth owning) a good 75% of their PS4 and Vita library. I typically buy two copies of each version and sell one of each. Go ahead and think about just how many copies of LRG games I've had in my possession based on that. I have seen maybe 3 out of all of those individual copies that I was not happy with. That is a very, very significant difference from the condition of their Switch output.

Therefore, I can only come to the conclusion that something is fundamentally wrong with the Switch manufacturing and shipping process--some link in the chain. When a company exists to sell limited print items at bloated prices to collectors, then the expectations are a little bit different from Best Buy or Amazon. LRG have nearly always met those expectations for their PS4 and Vita output. I'm very comfortable in expecting the same for their Switch releases.

I have a casual friend that went minimalist with his stuff. He sold what was worth enough to make it worth his time selling and ended up just giving the rest of the stuff to friends and donating it. I think the tax changes made donations not worth doing for tax purposes for most people, but he did this all before those changes.

I don't want to get rid of everything... but I want to look at my collection of stuff and not feel like it's insurmountable or that it demands my attention due to how much money I've pumped into it. Every game I own I should be excited to play or have a legit desire to replay (maybe not in my 70's... but sometime in the next decade).

I have a casual friend that went minimalist with his stuff. He sold what was worth enough to make it worth his time selling and ended up just giving the rest of the stuff to friends and donating it. I think the tax changes made donations not worth doing for tax purposes for most people, but he did this all before those changes.

I don't want to get rid of everything... but I want to look at my collection of stuff and not feel like it's insurmountable or that it demands my attention due to how much money I've pumped into it. Every game I own I should be excited to play or have a legit desire to replay (maybe not in my 70's... but sometime in the next decade).
Yea, I donated a lot of stuff December 2017, because I knew the tax changes were coming. I didn't bother getting receipts for donations in 2018 because of it.

For me, I don't care about the money aspect of it, but like you, it's past insurmountable. So far, I'm planning on keeping most of my non-ecchi anime, all my dungeon crawlers, and most Gust titles (Atelier, etc.). I'm going through the larger stuff first though.

Novel I don't need physical at all, but it's pretty much impossible to find some stuff legally, like older Battletech.

I like having books in front of me for novels. I am OK having manga/comics digitally though. I know I have way too many games and this includes board games as well. I did a slight culling, but yeah I need to get more organized and figure out what I really want.

Yea, I've been purging recently, partially fueled by having to move. Finally tossed our copies of FFXI, for example, since they're of absolutely no use.

It's fun seeing stuff you didn't expect to shoot up be worth $200, and stuff that you expected to shoot up go for a loss.

I'm glad I got most of my bigger items gone now that USPS raised their rates a ton. First class 16 oz packages can be almost $10 retail to ship now. It's insane. It's like $5.60 with commercial discount (e.g. eBay).

Yeah, I just sold a ton of Vita stuff last month, and I killed it on the Asia English releases, some EU releases did real well as did some CE's. But most standard games, didn't sell at all, but I had those listed at $20 to start, and I probably should have gone for $10. I was able to pay off all my bills from the last 6 months I ran up due to some medical issues which prevented me from selling like I would have liked, so it was all good. I've sold many collections over the years, everything from N-Gage to Virtual Boy, to SNES to 3DS and nothing ever sells like I think it will, EVER! LOL

USPS seems to raise rates annually, and if not, every other year for sure, so I never factor that in much, as rates are always higher than they should be. My feedback shows I package well, and if people don't want to pay my rates, they don't have to, but I try my best to make sure the buyer covers the full shipping amount. Sometimes I may offer a shipping break, just to help some stuff move, but not normally.

I don't own any anime, as I got in to that way back in the late 80's, early 90's, and pretty much called it quits shortly there after. But I often try to sell certain things, and some stuff you can't give away, so I feel your pain. LOL

Video games are a terrible investment...actually a lot of physical stuff is. Surprisingly one of the few things I collect that usually hold or go up in value is my Dollfie and the clothes and accessories and such. They are expensive though, but the quality is really good.

I don't own any anime, as I got in to that way back in the late 80's, early 90's, and pretty much called it quits shortly there after. But I often try to sell certain things, and some stuff you can't give away, so I feel your pain. LOL
I sold off a lot of my anime dvd's from back in the day and made a good chunk of change off of them, a lot of the stuff from back then never got reprinted and became hard to find and anime becoming so much larger in mainstream helped a lot, held onto some series that I genuinely love and rewatch though

I sold off a lot of my anime dvd's from back in the day and made a good chunk of change off of them, a lot of the stuff from back then never got reprinted and became hard to find and anime becoming so much larger in mainstream helped a lot, held onto some series that I genuinely love and rewatch though

For anybody that didn't see it in the latest e-mail, earning points for the new rewards program is ending next week.  Points will expire at the end of the month.

I would love to purge a bunch of my collection, the only thing preventing me is how much of a pain-in-the-ass it is to deal with buyers. I don't sell often, but when I do I always seem to get someone wanting me to do international shipping or trying to scam me into a refund somehow.

For anybody that didn't see it in the latest e-mail, earning points for the new rewards program is ending next week. Points will expire at the end of the month.
That didn't last long.

For anybody that didn't see it in the latest e-mail, earning points for the new rewards program is ending next week. Points will expire at the end of the month.
Maybe that is why I received loyalty tickets with the last two purchases I just received—
Race the Sun and Defenders Quest (Both for Vita).

time to check how much of nothing I can redeem for nothing.

Did anyone even earn any points for purchases since they apparently don't award points until items ship?

Pretty bad execution all around.

Maybe that is why I received loyalty tickets with the last two purchases I just received—
Race the Sun and Defenders Quest (Both for Vita).
I've never not got any since they started, all my orders that have come recently all have had them. I'll probably be at another 40 pretty soon with the way the back orders have been coming.

Yeah, that's the good thing about certain mediums once they become popular, it drives up value on older items that had limited, or not to wide of a release. I grew up in Los Angeles when anime first became a thing, so I was in on the ground floor, but it came and went for me as did comics(nothing wrong with either, just to much to keep up with). Back then we all just swapped VHS tapes, so I never really owned much of my own, but I may have a few anime VHS/DVD's buried someplace in my house. Video games has always been my first love, and the only thing I have truly stayed with rain or shine, but now I'm finally letting some of this go as well.

time to check how much of nothing I can redeem for nothing.

Did anyone even earn any points for purchases since they apparently don't award points until items ship?

Pretty bad execution all around.
you get points 14 days after your purchase

wtf was the point then. lol.
this is what was in the email they sent

February 14th will be the last day to earn digital rewards through the “Limited Run Rewards” system we rolled out in December. Our hope was that this system would reduce the volume of work required to maintain our rewards system versus the older loyalty tickets. To the contrary, it turned out that the new rewards platform couldn’t keep up with the volume of orders our site receives. Due to this, many people did not receive points for orders placed on December 7th, January 1st, January 18th, and January 25th. It clearly is not the right choice to continue using a broken system. We’re going to shut off the ability to earn points at the end of the day on the 14th. You’ll still be able to redeem any earned points through the end of February. After that, we will be completely discontinuing the system. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We’re going to put our efforts into creating a new loyalty system that benefits everyone, not just the people buying in bulk. Our current idea is to send out free gifts at the end of the year to anyone who has spent a certain amount. This amount will be set somewhere reasonable, guaranteeing loyal customers of all walks are rewarded. We’ll roll out more details on this as we solidify plans.

I never managed to get anything with any LRG tickets, not retro-rewarding tickets left me struggling to amass enough to meet any rewards worth getting, and they were non transferrable so couldn't pick some up off someone to get there, hopefully they can come up with a program that works

I was pretty sure I didnt get points for multiple orders but didnt care enough to check. Glad it wasnt in my head

Yeah that was pretty pointless but see that it was because it was a broken system so I can understand them eliminating it as they get enough flak the way it is.

I never managed to get anything with any LRG tickets, not retro-rewarding tickets left me struggling to amass enough to meet any rewards worth getting, and they were non transferrable so couldn't pick some up off someone to get there, hopefully they can come up with a program that works
Same here, I ordered quite a bit during the early days of LRG and have a bunch of tickets, but now with the new rewards system, I have 10 points for visiting the site since I haven't bought anything since Thimbleweed Park. I am going to order Spelunkey today though, wish I could trade all my tickets for like 10% off or something so I feel like I got something for being a long time customer.

WOW, Spelunky was gone in under a minute from what I could tell, as I was trying to use my free game code and missed out. I'll try again this afternoon, but if no love there, I guess my Vita collection ends today.

Spelunky Vita was a bloodbath. I had it in my cart as soon as it was available, but I hit some weird bug where LRG told me my cart was empty. I took a minute trying to re-add stuff to my cart before finding it was mysteriously restored. When I went to checkout at 7:01:xx, Spelunky Vita was OOS.

Wish me luck for the next batch.

Had a ton of issues with the site today. Tried to checkout via PayPal and ended up having to enter in all my info a few times. Ended up grabbing the CE for Spelunky since the non-CE sold through so quickly.

Wow that was fast on Spelunky vita.
I actually thought the CEs would be a quick mover but they seem to be selling slow, especially the PS4 one.

I ended up going for the Mega bundle for once since it doesn't include any duplicate games, like they usually do.

I'm really happy I opted for the vita collectors edition of spelunky judging by everyone's reactions lol.

I can't believe it sold out so quick.

Spelunky Vita was a bloodbath. I had it in my cart as soon as it was available, but I hit some weird bug where LRG told me my cart was empty. I took a minute trying to re-add stuff to my cart before finding it was mysteriously restored. When I went to checkout at 7:01:xx, Spelunky Vita was OOS.

Wish me luck for the next batch.

Had a ton of issues with the site today. Tried to checkout via PayPal and ended up having to enter in all my info a few times. Ended up grabbing the CE for Spelunky since the non-CE sold through so quickly.
I didn't experience the bugs you guys did, but I also experienced something weird. I usually log into my account about 10 to 15 minutes before sale time and that usually keeps me logged in through checkout but today, for some reason, I was automatically logged out about 30 seconds to a minute before the sale was to start. I immediately logged back in, and was fine, but it caught me off guard.

WOW, Spelunky was gone in under a minute from what I could tell, as I was trying to use my free game code and missed out. I'll try again this afternoon, but if no love there, I guess my Vita collection ends today.
For anyone else that gets in this situation, submit a ticket to reserve the game before the sale. They can set a copy aside and charge you separately. For shipping and difference in price.

Whooof, It's been a while since I had an item sucked out of my shopping cart. I'm glad I caved and put Spelunky PS4 in my cart as well, I didn't have to go back and re-enter anything. No Spelunky Vita for me.

Very weird that the Vita CE is moving so slow especially with the standards being damn near instant
I think most people have just gotten tired of those CE, and the premium price for mostly unwanted extras. I also think many like myself may just be looking to complete their collection, without going broke in the process.

For anyone else that gets in this situation, submit a ticket to reserve the game before the sale. They can set a copy aside and charge you separately. For shipping and difference in price.
Yeah, dealing with their CS right now is a HUGE headache, as I tried the reserve route a month ago, and it took all that time to finally get right, due to the slow replies. I just didn't know Spelunky would go so fast, especially with the higher numbers. So this afternoon I'll try again, and maybe save the code for quicker checkout, but if it doesn't happen, it's just a good reason to give this shit up, and list my LRG collection and be done.

I think most people have just gotten tired of those CE, and the premium price for mostly unwanted extras. I also think many like myself may just be looking to complete their collection, without going broke in the process.
I agree with this, very rarely do the collectors editions feel "worth it".

I only caved on Spelunky because it's literally my most played game, and even then I'm a bit lukewarm with the contents. Especially since we don't know exactly what's in the journal.

bread's done
Back