Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Managed to get a Vita copy of Spelunky and the Spelunky CE. Took about 25 seconds from adding to cart to competing checkout. Much better for me than last time I tried to order.

Totally understandable if you do that. That said, it would be cool to see someone navigate this mess and actually get that bonus game for free at the end.
Yeah, even if I can't use my code this afternoon, it's good for a year, so I'll see how it goes. I still have the RPG in my cart, so that will save some time, and I know where the code box is now, so that will save time as well. If I lose out, I'll just use my free code for an NS game for my son. He loves Super Meat Boy, so that will be my best bet for future use.

The Vita releases have been coming fast and heavy, so since the holidays are over, Sony must be playing catch up on production. So I only have a few open orders left, so if I do miss out, my remaining games should be here soon, so then the purging can begin. Based on Twitter, and how many missed out, I'm expecting this afternoon to be even worse than this morning. But I guess if enough got in, maybe it will be OK, as often the pm can be less busy due to time of day.

I'm actually cool either way, as a year ago missing out on something I wanted, would have sent me in to a fit of rage. LOL But now I'm also hoping I miss out, so then I can be done and move on to other things.

I am honestly amazed at how fast Spelunky sold out on Vita. I guess people are clamoring for these titles a bit more now that the end is nigh.

I agree with this, very rarely do the collectors editions feel "worth it".

I only caved on Spelunky because it's literally my most played game, and even then I'm a bit lukewarm with the contents. Especially since we don't know exactly what's in the journal.
I know for a fact that it may contain paper. 100% fact. You can trust me, I've seen a picture of it.

I don't know if this one is really worth it either, the skull case that house the contents is kinda cool, but they don't mention what it's made out of, and they usually would. At least there's full soundtrack and coin thingy.

I quite liked the contents. Figured since Spelunky is super popular, it's on Vita and it was the only option after the standard instantly sold out it would move fast. Bunch of panic sales to guarantee a copy before the 6pm batch

I quite liked the contents. Figured since Spelunky is super popular, it's on Vita and it was the only option after the standard instantly sold out it would move fast. Bunch of panic sales to guarantee a copy before the 6pm batch
Yeah, back in the day I would have jumped on the CE no problem, just to get a copy with no issues, but I gave up on LRG CE's awhile back, and haven't looked back.

Spelunky is an older title. But because it's older, it's also much better known. It has a very dedicated following, it isn't that surprising that the demand for a collectible physical version would be high.

It always surprises me when some people get upset when an older title gets slated for a LRG release. These are the sure-fire bets that involve no risk. Older indie titles have the name recognition that makes them easy targets for collecting. Copies of those games are essentially guaranteed to sell out with a limited run.

Yeah, back in the day I would have jumped on the CE no problem, just to get a copy with no issues, but I gave up on LRG CE's awhile back, and haven't looked back.
Yeah probably for the best as they just aren't as special anymore (or as good) considering everything gets the CE treatment anymore. There is just no way you can keep up with it. I went to far into that rabbit hole and had to get out quick so I got rid of most of my CEs that I didn't care much about and only have 2064, Phantom Breakers, Senran, and Va-11 left.

Last edited by a moderator:
I missed Spelunky this morning on Vita. I was only interested in the standard version.

If I miss it again this evening then I may just opt to wait until Fangamer puts it up on their site and get it from them.

I have a $20 off coupon from fangamer from black Friday sales and I really not sure what to use it on.

I am thinking I can use it on Spelunky or Celeste when they have them available.

I would even get the Collectors Edition if I can use the $20 off coupon.

These vita games are getting really tough to get lately. It is kind of frustrating.

hey at least you can get Spelunky from your favorite ebay reseller that has never been stopped, Chrisz300x!

Is the Shopify quick code working for anyone? I always get a text message, but never see a place to enter it. It’s usually not a big deal, but kind of anyoing to have to click through everything, enter CCV, etc.

I went for the bundle and CE, so time wasn’t an issue this morning, but I was originally going to go for the vanilla Vita version, which might not have worked out.

I had no problem with the shopify phone code.  Just placed my order for the Spelunky CE on PS4.  Kinda surprised it was still available. 

Is the Shopify quick code working for anyone? I always get a text message, but never see a place to enter it. It’s usually not a big deal, but kind of anyoing to have to click through everything, enter CCV, etc.

I went for the bundle and CE, so time wasn’t an issue this morning, but I was originally going to go for the vanilla Vita version, which might not have worked out.
In the past, the few times I've used it, the code is sent, and the box to enter it happens at the same time, or it should. Check you browser and maybe clear the cache/cookies, or disable the adblocker if your running one.

EDIT: or try another browser, as sometimes certain browsers don't play friendly with certain sites.

Surprise, surprise, I just heard back from LRG about my damaged CSH art books, and they are sending replacements soon, with no need for return. Sounds good to me, and only took 2 days to hear back, and got my tracking for the order as well.

So, is the loyality program gone for good? I have 809 digital points and 136 tickets. Are they now worthless because I thought each ticket was worth $1 toward a game.

I know for a fact that it may contain paper. 100% fact. You can trust me, I've seen a picture of it.

I don't know if this one is really worth it either, the skull case that house the contents is kinda cool, but they don't mention what it's made out of, and they usually would. At least there's full soundtrack and coin thingy.
some one asked LRG on twitter they reply skull case is a metal tin

So, is the loyality program gone for good? I have 809 digital points and 136 tickets. Are they now worthless because I thought each ticket was worth $1 toward a game.
From what I can tell, the new program is leaving, and the old is staying, as they tried to reduce the work involved with the old way, only to have more issues with the new.

this is from the email LRG sent out about the digital points

We’re going to shut off the ability to earn points at the end of the day on the 14th. You’ll still be able to redeem any earned points through the end of February. After that, we will be completely discontinuing the system. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

For anybody that didn't see it in the latest e-mail, earning points for the new rewards program is ending next week. Points will expire at the end of the month.
When I saw that yesterday, I checked my available balance. After contacting support earlier in the week about missing points, and logging in almost every day, I had 1386, exactly 36 points more than needed for the last remaining Mystery Box. How many Mystery Boxes were there?

To even find out that the journal had pictures I had to go to twitter, if you're interested they talk about it in this tweet.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1092875288231534598

Apparently the skull case is a "Metal tin", and the journal: "It has loads of art and game info. It's a really well put together journal. Fangamer did an awesome job and I think everyone will love it."

They should have put this info in a more apparent way, the only reason I found out the second quote was real is because I checked who the twitter handle belonged to and apparently he works at LRG.

USPS seems to raise rates annually, and if not, every other year for sure, so I never factor that in much, as rates are always higher than they should be.
A flat percentage increase is expected, but the First Class zoning wasn't. So shipping from SoCal to New England is now almost $10 for 14 oz.

A flat percentage increase is expected, but the First Class zoning wasn't. So shipping from SoCal to New England is now almost $10 for 14 oz.
Yeah ... I switched all my auctions from free shipping to buyer pays and reduced the base price to account for closest zones. I don't want a buyer that will cost me $10 shipping unless they want to pay for it.

They should have put this info in a more apparent way, the only reason I found out the second quote was real is because I checked who the twitter handle belonged to and apparently he works at LRG.
Part of what makes this thread great are people like you that found an answer and spread the info here so others would know. Thanks for digging into it.

How they share info has been an issue forever... but one dude was a teacher that did some game programming on the side... the other dude was his friend. I guess in that regard it's amazing they have done as well as they have.

Sub-40 seconds. Wasn't even 5:01 when I got failed, and I had a brief flub during checkout so it was probably out even faster than that. Pre-signed in account and paypal, natch.

Fug. Really, really like Spelunky, too.

E; remember to add yourself to the waitlist listed in their buying guide once spelunky's available. Never know :V

Got me a standard Spelunky for Vita as well as a standard Fernz Gate for Vita. Love my high speed cable internet. I don't usually miss the games I want. Well unless I am at work all day and have to use my phone. It sucks compared to my desktop.

I got Spelunky in the evening batch. I was login and prepared.
I was even able to use my free game coupon on it which is nice so now I don't have to worry about that in the future.

But again that sold out fast. It is kind of ridiculous how quickly these vita games are selling now.

Fernz Gate will sell out pretty quick too. I skipped that one since I have Antiquia Lost and it looks like a reskin of that game.

Lucked out and got a copy of both vita titles. I logged in and redeemed a reward of the keychain to prompt me through checkout partially which may have helped?

- that's the only advice i can share is to redeem a perk and partially checkout

- have a separate tab open with the items you want and add those

- then click checkout once it adds

- it didn't prompt me on phone code and almost 'continued checking out' from where i was before.

Wow! Takes you back to the early LRG days...but, I'm not upset, though, my past-self would be spewing much comments on LRG's FB...

So, out of curiosity, what was the Spelunky Vita limit in the AM batch?

Yeah, I was ready and had my sleeves rolled up,and was able to get both Vita games and use my free game code. I was probably done in under 20 seconds, which was good, probably wouldnt have made it much past that.

I saw someone mention earlier that Fangamer was supposed to get Spelunky later on, are the qtys at LRG reflect their numbers as well? Also, will they be offering that journal included in the CE, as they seem to be the producers of it?

At some point they actually added pictures of the CE, they probably should have done this earlier:

8SqDsWf.png

tQ6AtI7.png

I saw someone mention earlier that Fangamer was supposed to get Spelunky later on, are the qtys at LRG reflect their numbers as well? Also, will they be offering that journal included in the CE, as they seem to be the producers of it?
I not sure what the numbers will be like and if it considered an official Numbered Limited Run Release (similar to how they are handling best buy) but I know Fangamer is getting Spelunky and Celeste for their site later this year after Limited Run has finished shipping the releases. Since I got Spelunky I will probably now get Celeste from Fangamer since I skipped that release waiting on either Best Buy for GCU or Fangamer to use my coupon.

I not sure what the numbers will be like and if it considered an official Numbered Limited Run Release (similar to how they are handling best buy) but I know Fangamer is getting Spelunky and Celeste for their site later this year after Limited Run has finished shipping the releases. Since I got Spelunky I will probably now get Celeste from Fangamer since I skipped that release waiting on either Best Buy for GCU or Fangamer to use my coupon.
Thats a good sign for those who missed out on todays Spulunky offering, as I'm sure Fangamer will have more than enough for everyone if they're releasing later down the road. I'm also hopeful they will have that journal as well, as it looks really cool and something I would like to add to my gaming book collection. Fangamer is for sure my most shopped place for exclusive publications, with Amazon getting my business for standard releases.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Fangamer is only going to be carrying the CE and not the standard version of Spelunky.

Recieved the Dragon's Lair Trilogy Classic edition today. I forgot I payed $80 for it. Very underwhelming.

Recieved the Dragon's Lair Trilogy Classic edition today. I forgot I payed $80 for it. Very underwhelming.
Yeah. You feel a whole lot better paying $25 for a SE of something like that. But those types of things are about $35 shipped through LRG now too.

Yeah, I'm a HUGE Dragon's Lair fan, and all that stuff was pretty much just extra "paper", and I failed to see the value there. I was also hopeful they would offer DL Trilogy for the NS at some point, in which case I'll keep my fingers crossed for something better. But if not, the standard version is fine, as I would only get a CE if it was really nice, and sadly I don't see that happening.

bread's done
Back