Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Yeah, this was the first time I ever had add to cart issues on their site. Added first item to cart but it disappeared. Added anther and it seemed to go through but then it disappeared after I added another. It wasn't until about 10:02AM when the site was finally acting normal and I was able to add everything I wanted to cart and check out.
Yeah, I had the same issues, and thought I was going to miss out, but I finally got an order through.

They just added a new KOF bundle with a hat. Why are they trying to spread the stock so thin? If people want the hat they will buy it separately.
Agreed, pretty sketchy way to push extra merchandise on people. But I guess it worked, looks like the hat bundle sold out too.

I wonder if the multi-tabs thing was their attempt to curb the bots dominating sales.  In a sense it crippled regular customers but if it also stopped some of the bots so everyone here that wanted the games got them then cool.

Agreed, pretty sketchy way to push extra merchandise on people. But I guess it worked, looks like the hat bundle sold out too.
Yep. They knew it would. They have gotten to Gamestop "bundle" level. If people want that overpriced crap hat then they would buy it separately. Easier to move it by throwing it in with a game that will sell out fast and charge $20 more.

Same here with the glitch issue. Clicked on it like 5 times and nothing in cart then all the sudden I had 5 items in cart. By the time I was checking out I didn’t think there was a chance but thankfully it wasn’t just me.

Experienced the same issues as well but got what I wanted so it all worked out. As far as bundling, at least they didn't go so far as to bundle the game with the pin, key chain, and shirt. lol

Good to see SNK titles getting some love from LRG and good news considering the other games available for PS4 currently as PSN exclusives are all top notch, Last Blade 2, SSVS, and Garou. Hope we can get those in print too. 

Other than those would love to see a hard copy for the Castlevania and Phoenix Wright Collections. Time will tell.

The wife comes through while I was stuck in a 9:30 meeting and was able to order standard editions of KOF Vita and Koihime Enbu.

Got the standard copy of KOF 97 for Vita. I super excited to add this game to my vita collection and very happy I passed on this game multiple times digital when it was on sale. Can't wait to see what other SNK games they may bring to vita. Fingers crossed for Samurai Shodown and Mark of the Wolves please!

I just hope that @Squarehard remembered to get buy the two new games with anime people on the front cover so that his life continues to be complete. 

Sweet another Kemco game to skip! I have played them on my phone from sales, but yeah I'm not into buying those.
Fighting games like KoF I frequently get for the PS4, as having one-on-one gameplay is way easier on that platform. (for some very rare titles it is possible to make it work on a PSTV, but most Vita titles don't support the option) But Kemco almost exclusively makes single-player JRPGs with relatively low-res art assets. I frequently get their LRG titles on Vita only. Most of them usually run on the PSTV, and that style of game works well on the big screen as well as on the go. I like collecting for my Vita, but don't feel the need for a complete set, and I like to optimize the game to the platform.

Of course, if single-player JRPGs aren't your thing, or even if you only prefer the high-end releases, I can totally understand passing on the LRG Kemco releases. Even I can't deny that there have been A LOT of them. And while they do tend to be better-than-average efforts, few of them can be held up as shining examples of their genre. (none of them has reached Chrono Trigger or Suikoden levels of acclaim) And of course, there's the fact that they are all JRPs, which as a genre have always been fairly massive time-sinks. Time-sink + tons of releases = no time for any other games.

I play them on the phone...they're simple enough to play on the phone. Usually those cost me about a dollar during sales. They are OK enough, but I wouldn't ever recommend at full price. Still enjoyable enough and not too long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you people double dip on these games like buy both the PS4 and Vita copy or how do you guys choose which version to get?
Only very rarely do I double-dip. It's just too expensive for me. Occasionally for games that I really like or feel warrant extra support I will get both versions of. I picked up Cosmic Star Heroine for all three platforms. But most of these I will go either/or, or perhaps even pass on them if I don't care to have them in my collection.

The actual criteria for which version to go with varies from game to game, and includes multiple factors. Local multiplayer heavy games I usually get on the PS4. I have plenty of Dual Shock 4s for my PS4, so local multiplayer is easy for me on that platform. And the handheld nature of the Vita frequently makes it a poor fit for local multiplayer.

If a game is primarily single-player, it becomes more of a toss up. If there are reports of the game running better on the PS4, sometimes that will be the deciding factor. If the game has a bit more of a retro feel, I may start leaning more towards the Vita. And of course, I always research the games as well. There are some titles that have exclusive features or content on each different platforms. For those I may go for whichever version has the most features, or even get both if each version has exclusive features. I always make this decision ahead of time.

I play them on the phone...they're simple enough to play on the phone. Usually those cost me about a dollar during sales. They are OK enough, but I wouldn't ever recommend at full price. Still enjoyable enough and not too long.
I honestly wouldn't even recommend most of them for $1. I love JRPG's (especially retro graphics and I'm Greatly looking forward to the retro graphics option on DQ11S on Switch) but these games Kemco publishes tend to be supremely average with migraine inducing dialogue. Some of them also tend to play a little janky in moving around the world. Like they are all built on an old version RPGMaker (which I think they probably are). I bought far too many of these Kemco games on sale before finally trying to play them and realized that none of them really ended up appealing to me. Of course they aren't all by the same dev and some of the devs are supposedly better than others... but they all fall under the Kemco banner so easier to pass on them all going forward than bother throwing more money at this stuff.

Most people know I have an RPGMaker weakness. I know the games aren't too hot. I did enjoy like one of them at least. Honestly it's even better to likely get Compile Hearts type games, and I know those aren't amazing.

Using some of the last Vita carts on more run-of-the-mill, carbon-copy Kemco RPGs makes me sad.
At this point, it literally doesn't matter. There isn't some giant pool of stuff that isn't going to be released because this game gets 2,300 or so carts. LRG has pretty much been able to get allocations for everything they had ready to go prior to the cut-off with one or two exceptions which I suspect were probably even more polarizing releases than Kemco RPGs which have their own fan base.

Do you people double dip on these games like buy both the PS4 and Vita copy or how do you guys choose which version to get?
Its a multitude of factors, same for collecting, but it is roughly this breakdown:

• What Platform do I prefer to play on?
  • Is it part of a series, and if so, what has that past platform/company been on (Example. Crash Bandicoot on PlayStation, N'sane trilogy on PS4)
    If on multiple, choose based on another factor in addition to it such as how many on one brand vs another or has one version been preferred for X or Y reason.
  • If no discernable difference, choose the platform/company I traditionally have played it on

had cart issues with stuff disappearing also.

Picked up kof on vita for the local multi-player on pstv. Those are rare gems to be had.

Like Richard Kain said, if there is no significant technical difference, I’ll prefer Vita or Switch over PS4 due to portability. The PSTV makes it easy to play vita games on the TV.

I double dipped on KoF (Vita CE, PS4 standard) since both games fit in the shock box (and SNK apparently has direct control of my wallet, no matter what stupid crap they pull).

I rarely if ever double dip, but it has happened a few times over the years, but it's always handheld, and never for consoles. So a recent example would be Retro City Rampage for the 3DS & Vita, and Shovel Knight would be another. In these cases, it's more about showing support for these types of games getting handheld support. I want developers to know there's a viable market with offering handheld games, so I'll double dip for those reasons.

Performance, or which system is best, isn't really an issue, as I mostly play portable, and anyone who does, knows they are always gonna be playing a lesser version to the consoles 9/10 times. It's just something you get used to, as a trade off for gaming on the go. So for a game like SK, I'll play it on the 3DS, because the 3D is killer, but then for RCR, I would probably play more on the Vita, due to the better screen size and clarity.

So double dipping is still very rare for me, as I don't find games like the ones described all that often, but when I do, I'm happy to show support and buy twice(and even thrice, but that's rarer still). LOL

Did LRG quit giving the tickets with the games? I didn't get any with Neonwall or Race the Sun, Thanks!
Any game that was sold prior to CSH for Switch is supposed to come with tickets, those sold after do not. I believe those titles may have been sold after.

Did LRG quit giving the tickets with the games? I didn't get any with Neonwall or Race the Sun, Thanks!
Yea, they were supposed to stop a certain point, since they have a new rewards system that is also set to be replaced by another one.

Has anyone redeemed for the mystery box and say what they got? Have enough points for it, but not sure on pulling the trigger.

Has anyone redeemed for the mystery box and say what they got? Have enough points for it, but not sure on pulling the trigger.
Someone on one of the Facebook groups I am part of received his and it was basically one of the older overstock games, some stickers, a few cards, a hat and a couple of other small things.

You're probably not going to get anything that's actually in demand.

Unrelated, but I wish there was a production update on them switch-grips.

I’m missing tickets from a few of my more recent purchases. I figured they stopped giving them out. I guess I need to go back and do a hard count to see which games did and did not come with tickets (I’ve been keeping the tickets with the cards).

I got a ticket with my PS4 PJM 2 CE that came in the mail recently so I’m at a loss as to what should and should not have gotten tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m missing tickets from a few of my more recent purchases. I figured they stopped giving them out. I guess I need to go back and do a hard count to see which games did and did not come with tickets (I’ve been keeping the tickets with the cards).

I got a ticket with my PS4 PJM 2 CE that came in the mail recently so I’m at a loss as to what should and should not have gotten tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any game that was released (and by released I mean sold) prior to CSH (Switch) and part of the LRG numbered line should include a ticket, any game released after CSH (Switch) will be included in the electronic rewards system (ending soon). PJM2 was sold way back in May 2018 so that will include a ticket.

Yeah, in their email update awhile back, tickets are supposed to be provided for games sold thru November of 2018. How accurate that was, or will be remains to be seen. All the orders I've gotten in the last month or two have had tickets, but those orders are from way back.

I got the PayPal refund of $5.XX from my previous orders where they charged me sales taxes for Cook County (though I don't live there).  

West Of loathing CE :)
Cool to see all the stuff that was in that CE. The bandana is a nice way to do folded art.

A tip for opening CE's and other games with flap tops (NES, GB, GBC, GBA, classic PC,...etc) like that is to just cut in where the flap tucks into the box from above and then under the edge of the flap at the sides of the top. So the flap can be opened while the plastic stays on the outer box which it keeps looking pretty. It's easier to display them that way too since they have an extra shiny surface like framed art. Not that anyone needs to open anything any specific way, this is just how I've done it since my first NES games.

Open question for anyone who knows/cares: how does The Escapists compare with The Escapists 2? Is there any point to getting the first one from LRG when I can grab the second one from a number of other retailers? I'm one of those silly folks who opens and plays their physical games, so I'm really just wondering if one is appreciably better than the other.

Finally got a shipping notification for Pixel Junk Monster 2...!
Good to hear, that’s the only Switch order I’ve missed. If anyone got an extra and missed Saturday Morning RPG let me know. Will start keeping an eye on the ebays I guess.

bread's done
Back