Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
So let's say I buy Project Lux tomorrow, VR06 release. Then I get a shipping notice shortly after, and it sits for 3-4 weeks, not even picked up by USPS. I come here to talk about my situation...

At this point, would you and others proclaim "well you're the fool who did business with a company who was known for having poor customer service"?
I guess we'll never know, because the point remains that you're not a customer and have no personal experience to contribute to the discussion.

Here’s a question, who here has forgotten what games they’ve ordered from LRG that are unfulfilled? I have 16 orders unfulfilled right now and can’t remember half of them. Just looking and I still have An Elysian Tale CE still unfulfilled from August 2018. Any idea when they’ll ship those?
You're buying way too much if you can't remember haha.

My open orders are Jak 1,2 CE's, Strangers Wrath CE, some VR game, Curse of the Moon CE. Jak was purchased on Dec. 8th and it's TBA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then I get a shipping notice shortly after, and it sits for 3-4 weeks, not even picked up by USPS. I come here to talk about my situation...
This is a terrible example. Most people actually familiar with the logistics of shipping can relate to this. It is not uncommon for smaller companies to print shipping labels before they actually have an item in hand. It increases efficiency to have the label ready to go so that when the item does actually come in, you can box up the shipment, slap the label on, and have it out the door. In the case of LRG, they are prepping the shipping labels before the games have been printed. That is what causes the scenario you're describing. This isn't a problem, or even an issue. It's just standard prep-work as part of their shipping process. Nothing is lost, nothing is going wrong. Any customer who gets freaked out by this scenario is just overly antsy about getting their package, and can't seem to parse out what is actually happening. It's usually not even a matter of mis-information. The expected delivery date doesn't get posted until the package is actually shipped, so there's no real reason for the customer to expect their package a few days after the label gets printed. It's just customers being neurotic and not understanding the situation.

Signing up for a pre-order, and then getting that pre-order close to a year and a half afterwards, that's an issue worth considering. And it's happened with LRG. It happened with a game I ordered. There were regular updates on the status of that game, and the issue wasn't actually created by LRG themselves, but it was an issue, and I could understand consumers shying away based on such an experience. (which was certainly sub-optimal)

You will get your game eventually, so calm down.

Heck most will probably not ever even open the game, and just oogle it from a shelf

I’ve ordered over dozen game and not one has ever not arrived,

This is a terrible example. Most people actually familiar with the logistics of shipping can relate to this. It is not uncommon for smaller companies to print shipping labels before they actually have an item in hand. It increases efficiency to have the label ready to go so that when the item does actually come in, you can box up the shipment, slap the label on, and have it out the door. In the case of LRG, they are prepping the shipping labels before the games have been printed. That is what causes the scenario you're describing. This isn't a problem, or even an issue. It's just standard prep-work as part of their shipping process. Nothing is lost, nothing is going wrong. Any customer who gets freaked out by this scenario is just overly antsy about getting their package, and can't seem to parse out what is actually happening. It's usually not even a matter of mis-information. The expected delivery date doesn't get posted until the package is actually shipped, so there's no real reason for the customer to expect their package a few days after the label gets printed. It's just customers being neurotic and not understanding the situation.

Signing up for a pre-order, and then getting that pre-order close to a year and a half afterwards, that's an issue worth considering. And it's happened with LRG. It happened with a game I ordered. There were regular updates on the status of that game, and the issue wasn't actually created by LRG themselves, but it was an issue, and I could understand consumers shying away based on such an experience. (which was certainly sub-optimal)

I understand the logistics and the why behind it. I still don't believe it to be acceptable to print a label and wait months to actually ship. It just goes to show how behind they are.

For a one man shop, 'Joe smoe' on eBay who ships only on Wednesdays once a week, I get doing batch or bulk orders. For a semi-reputable company who has been in business for several years now, they should have their head on straight.

I still don't believe it to be acceptable to print a label and wait months to actually ship. It just goes to show how behind they are.
Why? Printing a label does not constitute shipping, it just means you are preparing to ship. If anything, printing the label early indicates that the company is willing to spend the money to guarantee the shipping ahead of time. It should create less uncertainty, not more. You have to pay to have those labels printed. Whether they have the product or not, they are willing to spend the money on its eventual shipping. Paying to print the labels early isn't a bad thing.

If you were looking to complain about something, it should be that they consistently sell games that they don't actually have in stock. And at times they are not indicated as pre-orders, even though they are usually transparent about when they do and don't have the games in hand. Ordering a game a variable amount of time before its even produced is far more unsettling. How can you be sure if it will even get produced? How do you get your money back if the game gets canceled first? Those are real concerns. That is a discussion worth having. This weird hang-up on early-printed shipping labels is just stupid.

You will get your game eventually, so calm down.

Heck most will probably not ever even open the game, and just oogle it from a shelf

I’ve ordered over dozen game and not one has ever not arrived,
Crap.

I made a huge mistake.

I opened every single game I purchased.

I didn't even realize.... please forgive me.

How can you be sure if it will even get produced? How do you get your money back if the game gets canceled first? Those are real concerns. That is a discussion worth having. This weird hang-up on early-printed shipping labels is just stupid.
Well, if they printed your shipping label a month ago and you still got no tracking update, how can you be sure that they didn't lose or forgot about it? How can you be sure it will even get shipped? When do you determine that you might not get your package? Any issue with LRG is worth discussing in a thread that is titled Limited Run Game Thread.

LRG Package 1: Preparation shipping status notification on 2/20 Current Status: Nothing

LRG Package 2: Preparation shipping status notification on 3/6 Status: Shipped on 3/8 and Delivered on 3/12

Obviously, my concern is valid.

Well, if they printed your shipping label a month ago and you still got no tracking update, how can you be sure that they didn't lose or forgot about it? How can you be sure it will even get shipped? When do you determine that you might not get your package? Any issue with LRG is worth discussing in a thread that is titled Limited Run Game Thread.

LRG Package 1: Preparation shipping status notification on 2/20 Current Status: Nothing

LRG Package 2: Preparation shipping status notification on 3/6 Status: Shipped on 3/8 and Delivered on 3/12

Have you contacted LRG about the problem? What exactly do you think posting in this thread is going to accomplish with regard to your issue? This is not the Limited Run Games customer service thread.

For both of these I think it has to do with the quantities BB ordered and for Yooka-Laylee the price is definitely coming into play too. Yooka-Laylee is selling for $49.99 (with virtually no chance at a sale or discount besides GCU) while the PS4 and XB1 versions go for $19.99 or less. I also think I remembered hearing that BB ordered 20K copies of Yooka-Laylee (which is crazy) and 10K copies of Golf Story (which is more reasonable but still a little high for a niche title). There more recent releases have been in the 5K - 8K range if I remember hearing correctly.
Do they have an agreement where they cant discount them?

Have you contacted LRG about the problem? What exactly do you think posting in this thread is going to accomplish with regard to your issue? This is not the Limited Run Games customer service thread.
I have, and I posted to see if anyone else is having the same issue. What is wrong with that?

This is not the bojay thread where he/she can determine what can be discussed or not. All discussion of LRG positive or negative should be welcomed.

Don’t listen to the Loose Rattling Games apologists on here
I’m in the same boat with these greedy cunts.
Feb 17 shipping label and 6 weeks later nothing. The fucking kickeris these games (Bastion
And Everspace) date back to Aug. Both games are some of my most anticipated games. Grew up
On Colony Wars.

Two Words:

Da Fuk

I have, and I posted to see if anyone else is having the same issue. What is wrong with that?

This is not the bojay thread where he/she can determine what can be discussed or not. All discussion of LRG positive or negative should be welcomed.
I said this to him already but 10 pages later he hasn’t got the memo. There is nothing you can say to him to change his mind, he will continue to be an LRG apologist no matter how valid your concerns may or may not be.

Good news! There is a thread that was created for exactly this kind of discussion. Here is the link, feel free to use it.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/364154-limited-run-games-youre-limited-no-youre-limited-discussion-thread/

I prefer to use this thread, the most active one!
Of course, because the truth is you're not really here for discussion or to solve a problem, you're here to trash LRG and the people that have had good experiences and therefore are willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. The day that LRG takes our money and disappears, I will be happy to acknowledge the validity of your criticisms. Until that day, I will continue to share information in this thread about upcoming releases just as the thread was intended and I will call out pointless complaints that have been raised a million times before. Like I said, there is nothing anyone here can do for you and if you want to continue to discuss LRG's business practices and other issues, there look to be maybe five or six of you with a similar perspective that can keep that other dead thread plenty busy with your repeated complaints about the same exact things over and over and over. That will leave the rest of us here where we belong so we can actually share useful information.

b2bdbec451aab0ee009d017008c43726.jpg

Please tell me how I am trashing LRG or "the people that have had good experiences" when I am just bringing up an issue that I am having? Who are you to decide what information is useful or not? 

Of course, because the truth is you're not really here for discussion or to solve a problem, you're here to trash LRG and the people that have had good experiences and therefore are willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. The day that LRG takes our money and disappears, I will be happy to acknowledge the validity of your criticisms. Until that day, I will continue to share information in this thread about upcoming releases just as the thread was intended and I will call out pointless complaints that have been raised a million times before. Like I said, there is nothing anyone here can do for you and if you want to continue to discuss LRG's business practices and other issues, there look to be maybe five or six of you with a similar perspective that can keep that other dead thread plenty busy with your repeated complaints about the same exact things over and over and over. That will leave the rest of us here where we belong so we can actually share useful information.
Please tell me how I am trashing LRG or "the people that have had good experiences" when I am just bringing up an issue that I am having?

Guys, we all have the ability to make this a reality--every time we post--just remember that. 

2e8cjb.jpg

Do they have an agreement where they cant discount them?
Purely speculation on my part, but I'm guessing LRG wouldn't give BB any sort of refund or credit if they put them on sale so BB would be taking a financial hit. At some point BB may decide to get rid of all the excess stock of Yooka-Laylee and take a hit though.

Also, Undertale is a similar title that Best Buy sells (small publisher - Fangamer) and it has only ever been on sale once - during Black Friday week - for $24.99 (which was actually more expensive than if you bought it at regular price with GCU since GCU did not work during BF).

Why? Printing a label does not constitute shipping, it just means you are preparing to ship. If anything, printing the label early indicates that the company is willing to spend the money to guarantee the shipping ahead of time. It should create less uncertainty, not more. You have to pay to have those labels printed. Whether they have the product or not, they are willing to spend the money on its eventual shipping. Paying to print the labels early isn't a bad thing.
Not to keep beating this dead horse, but the emails I got on February 20th for orders that were shipping (and 4 of which took nearly a month to get to me) all said in the subject line "A shipment from order # XXXXX is on the way" and in the body said "your order is on the way to you. Track your shipment to see your delivery status."

Nowhere in the email did it just say a label was created. It implied the items were actually shipping.

It was mentioned that this isn't a customer service thread...

Initially it did serve on some level as a customer service thread as we had official representatives (not hidden behind other user names, or shills) from the company posting and responding. Since the public side of LRG has opted out of the thread it's left it as more of a support group for LRG. We help each other by posting about upcoming games, discussing them (critically on the positive and negative), discussing shipping delays, discussing damaged items, exploring concerns, and whatever else about the company we wish to discuss.

I want to encourage everyone... if you don't want to spur up discussion of certain things regarding LRG... then opt out of commenting as the best way to kill a conversation is not to participate.

project lux on sale now
Looks like the first batch was 1000 copies.

Nowhere in the email did it just say a label was created. It implied the items were actually shipping.
I think it's a legit complaint even if we can kind of guess what LRG is actually doing to generate labels in advance... it's confusing to customers... especially when labels created the same day can both ship immediately while others end up in limbo for a month.

Yeah, this is where the issue lies, as they are never clear on the details. If the shipment message just says in big bold red type that the label is created, and items may not ship for "x" amount of days, then there's less panic. But from those anticipating tracking or a package within a reasonable space of time, your SOL!

But on the flip side, most regulars here know this to be an ongoing issue, so when others state it's normal, I do see an issue with some who continue to bring it up. Yes, they create labels and for whatever reason they don't ship right away, love it or lump it, it's the way it is, and if it's a problem, let their CS desk know. Or stop purchasing, as I've yet to see anyone here say they have never gotten a package at some point, so it may suck, but it's the way LRG is operating and not likely to change.

Just adding to the discussion... we know that when LRG prints out the labels early it's in order to get stuff shipped faster, at least in theory. So in the long run we'll all probably get our shit a few days sooner than we would have if they waited to print the labels. Now, if you don't have a problem with this, or have gotten used to it, or just take it as a given, then it's easy to forget that not everyone likes having a package sitting in shipping limbo for weeks, especially when other similar vendors don't use this method (although many of them come with their own set of issues!). So while I don't personally think it's a big deal, I can understand why others don't like it.

On an unrelated note, I'm actually getting excited for Axiom Verge on Friday, which is weird because I already own it on Switch and I generally don't buy things just to sit on my shelf. Anyone else find the prospect of a new Wii U game strangely appealing?

Just adding to the discussion... we know that when LRG prints out the labels early it's in order to get stuff shipped faster, at least in theory. So in the long run we'll all probably get our shit a few days sooner than we would have if they waited to print the labels. Now, if you don't have a problem with this, or have gotten used to it, or just take it as a given, then it's easy to forget that not everyone likes having a package sitting in shipping limbo for weeks, especially when other similar vendors don't use this method (although many of them come with their own set of issues!). So while I don't personally think it's a big deal, I can understand why others don't like it.

On an unrelated note, I'm actually getting excited for Axiom Verge on Friday, which is weird because I already own it on Switch and I generally don't buy things just to sit on my shelf. Anyone else find the prospect of a new Wii U game strangely appealing?
Yeah, definitely picking up Axiom Verge on Friday. Not really sure about the other releases but will probably pick up Bomb Chicken at least.

I actually am excited for a WiiU game (despite having 'Axiom Verge' on PC and just trading away my Vita version that I never played).

Yeah, I'm definitely getting it. I like the game, and there are a lot of interesting factors around this release--not least of which being that this is the last Wii U game I will ever buy.

Purely speculation on my part, but I'm guessing LRG wouldn't give BB any sort of refund or credit if they put them on sale so BB would be taking a financial hit. At some point BB may decide to get rid of all the excess stock of Yooka-Laylee and take a hit though.

Also, Undertale is a similar title that Best Buy sells (small publisher - Fangamer) and it has only ever been on sale once - during Black Friday week - for $24.99 (which was actually more expensive than if you bought it at regular price with GCU since GCU did not work during BF).
At some point though they are going to have to take the hit on YK at least. My BB still has 8 copies which I think is the same amount each BB gets. That one I felt was awful, I have it on xb1 which I got for $20. Is the $30 switch tax really worth it? I agree though, I highly doubt LRG would give them any type of refund, however is that what other publishers do?

At some point though they are going to have to take the hit on YK at least. My BB still has 8 copies which I think is the same amount each BB gets. That one I felt was awful, I have it on xb1 which I got for $20. Is the $30 switch tax really worth it? I agree though, I highly doubt LRG would give them any type of refund, however is that what other publishers do?
My knowledge of the workings of retail isn't the greatest but from what I understand publishers provide retailers an incentive to put a game on sale or price drop (usually in the form of a credit or refund). So publishers tend to initiate the sales. At least that is what I remember reading.

My knowledge of the workings of retail isn't the greatest but from what I understand publishers provide retailers an incentive to put a game on sale or price drop (usually in the form of a credit or refund). So publishers tend to initiate the sales. At least that is what I remember reading.
I'd be surprised if that's the case with LRG games since we were led to believe that Best Buy was just outright buying the games during the open pre-order period. I am sure they got some sort of bulk discount, but I can't see LRG paying for shelf space or allowing the games to be returnable.

The afternoon batch for Lux seems to be going quite a bit slower. Got an order in and went ahead and threw a copy of the Messenger on the pile.

Oddly Project Lux evening batch is also 1000 copies. So it appears all 2000 copies have been put up for sale of a 2000 print run. Or they pulled stock from one of the batches which makes it appear to be selling faster. Whatever the case it’s definitely selling slower with 44% (just under 440 copies) remaining.

Yuck at that Messenger cover.  Interesting to read through the discussion of those that like it and those that don't.  A lot of regretted preorders going both ways.  On the flip side we don't know (I don't think) yet what the reverse art is for the SRG version.

... it's about time to see how that WiiU game does...

bread's done
Back