Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
The Mega Bundle was sold out at 10:01.  Again, when they offer a good mega bundle (no duplicate games/variants, one of each) they tend to sell out SUPER fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to get both Vita games, but Dragon Fantasy sold out in a minute and it doesn't look like Forma will be far behind.

I really wish they'd just limit Vita titles to one-per-person going forward. It's pretty clear that anything Vita-related is going to be a struggle at this point.

I was able to order my games without any troubles. One copy of Dragon Fantasy for the Vita, one Forma.8 for the PS4, and a copy of Bomb Chicken for the Switch.

Vita games unsurprisingly went fast. Dragon Fantasy was gone within a minute and some change. Forma.8 was gone in a little over 4 mins. LRG really need to implement a 1 copy per person policy on Vita games moving forward, at least for the first batch. Most PS4 games at this point are super easy to get. Vita games, not so much. Was able to get both Vita games this morning, but I must have been cutting it close.

A couple more things from their Fireside chat:

-A 3DS game is definitely coming.

-They are in negotiations with Microsoft to start publishing on one of their platforms (likely XB1 but who knows) and they are looking good.

-They have/had a meeting scheduled with Gamestop to start talking about Gamestop taking in used LRG titles from customers as well as possibly Gamestop becoming a seller of certain LRG titles (like Best Buy has been).  This will allow them to get better market presence and help them sign bigger titles.

-This has been covered before but the new rewards system will likely be based on the amount you purchase in their shop.  They will periodically send out a free gift based on how much you purchase.  This is still in the planning stages.  The digital rewards system is done but the ticket system can still be used to redeem tickets indefinitely.

I have dragon fantasy 2 and I'd like to add 1 to my collection but I just can't afford it as something I'm gonna buy just to have for completion sake. I might end up just selling 2 if I can't get 1 for a good price. Better than having half a series imo.

I'd love so much for them to get xbone games. There's a ton of digital exclusives that would make the system worth owning.

They never bothered to implement a 1 per person policy on vita 2 years ago when games were selling out in 30 seconds to a minute, don't know why people think they're going to do it now.

I agree with @Chrislaustin - regarding pretty smooth process this morning. While both titles sold out fast, I used 1 browser, added games to cart and my confirmation email came before the 7:01 LRG announcement email that the games were up. 

Also posting here - ArcadeDistillery/LucBernard updated via twitter that WarTheater and MechoWars Desert Ashes will be PlayAsia releases and not in the NA cycle. (Probably had issues and didn't submit in time / limits of carts effect too).

TBH I'll be surprised to receive anything physical and knew this was a gamble to begin with. Just wanted to share.

I have dragon fantasy 2 and I'd like to add 1 to my collection but I just can't afford it as something I'm gonna buy just to have for completion sake. I might end up just selling 2 if I can't get 1 for a good price. Better than having half a series imo.

I'd love so much for them to get xbone games. There's a ton of digital exclusives that would make the system worth owning.
What digital XB1 exclusives are you thinking of? I'd love to have my opinion of the XB1 modified, and more good things that I'm forced to play on it would sure help give it a reason to exist.

Got my copy of Dragon Fantasy for Vita and I am happy.

I skipped Forma.8 as I have been waiting for this release for two years and figured it was never coming.

I bought the digital copy on sale, played the game, got the platinum and enjoyed my time with it. No reason to really pick up the physical version now. Its also been free on PS Plus. I was expecting it to release physically a few months after the digital release and that never happened.

What digital XB1 exclusives are you thinking of? I'd love to have my opinion of the XB1 modified, and more good things that I'm forced to play on it would sure help give it a reason to exist.
I can't name any off the top of my head, but only because I don't care to browse the digital store. I know when I did I saw several things I'd be happy to buy but I do not buy digitally... So looking is just a tease kinda haha.

Maybe I'm wrong and they're on psn too.

I agree with @Chrislaustin - regarding pretty smooth process this morning. While both titles sold out fast, I used 1 browser, added games to cart and my confirmation email came before the 7:01 LRG announcement email that the games were up.

Also posting here - ArcadeDistillery/LucBernard updated via twitter that WarTheater and MechoWars Desert Ashes will be PlayAsia releases and not in the NA cycle. (Probably had issues and didn't submit in time / limits of carts effect too).

TBH I'll be surprised to receive anything physical and knew this was a gamble to begin with. Just wanted to share.
I was just recently thinking about WarTheater and MechoWars. Thank you for the update. Any information about the exact date of release?

I'm pretty annoyed that he straight up lied about having things locked in with Sony. I literally asked him directly on Twitter while he was running the Indiegogo and he claimed that he had carts allocated already and that these would be ESRB region releases.

I'm pretty annoyed that he straight up lied about having things locked in with Sony. I literally asked him directly on Twitter while he was running the Indiegogo and he claimed that he had carts allocated already and that these would be ESRB region releases.
Yeah, I'm pissed off too. The only reason I even did the Indiegogo campaign was because these were going to be ESRB rated R1 physical copies. This will be the last time I buy anything off that guy.

Yeah, I'm pissed off too. The only reason I even did the Indiegogo campaign was because these were going to be ESRB rated R1 physical copies. This will be the last time I buy anything off that guy.
Over on twitter he mentions that anyone that wants a refund to put in a request and it'll be granted. I think that's about as good as he can do since whatever he had setup for NA/ESRB fell through.

https://twitter.com/LucBernard/status/1113884462947893249

I think this is more than any of the smaller publishers has offered when it had to change directions.

Over on twitter he mentions that anyone that wants a refund to put in a request and it'll be granted. I think that's about as good as he can do since whatever he had setup for NA/ESRB fell through.

https://twitter.com/LucBernard/status/1113884462947893249

I think this is more than any of the smaller publishers has offered when it had to change directions.
I don't recall any smaller publishers lying about having things locked in and actually taking money for something they couldn't deliver. If you're talking about crowdfunding campaigns, then the only one I can think of is Sharin No Kuni that had to switch regions.

Them not being clear about what version of Dragon Fantasy this is... I had to dig around looking at the dev site which hadn't been updated in ages and finally on their twitter to find out this is indeed The Volumes of Westeria and not the regular Dragon Fantasy Book 1 edition. The cover art is super stupid for this release to not tout this better version... and the LRG item listing is moronic to not even have it mentioned at all. This is part of what I absolutely hate about this company. Just advertise what you are doing at least on the actual page you are selling it on.
I tried to do similar research and was still left confused. Reading your post alllllmost clarified it for me :dunce: . I'm a dunce. So today's LRG release is or is not some combination of previously released Book I/Book II?

I tried to do similar research and was still left confused. Reading your post alllllmost clarified it for me :dunce: . I'm a dunce. So today's LRG release is or is not some combination of previously released Book I/Book II?
Dragon Fantasy is a two game series that started out with Dragon Fantasy Book 1 followed by Dragon Fantasy Book 2. Book 2 was updated to fix a lot of the issues with the game including some balancing ... they called this version Dragon Fantasy The Black Tome of Ice. Book 1 also got an update on many platforms but the Vita version was pushed back. This updated version is called The Volumes of Westeria. Book 1 didn't have as many issues as Book 2 did, so the update wasn't as important but now we finally get the Book 1 update (The Volumes of Westeria) on the Vita with this release.

So... there are two games... this is the remake of the first one. Though to be honest the first game was completely playable and awesome in it's Book 1 form. It's sad though the art for this doesn't reflect what version of the game it is.

To add to (but hopefully subtract from the) confusion, on PSN in the USA only Book 1 & 2 versions are available for the Vita. The Black Tome of Ice is only available on PS4 through PSN, though the Vita version got an EU PSN release. So currently this physical release is the only North American release for the first DF game on PS4... and the LRG versions for both TBTOI and TVOW are only available physically in North America for the Vita.

What I've opted to do to save my sanity is just keep the Book 1 & Book 2 digital versions on my vita, and bought TBTOI and TVOW versions digitally on my New 3DS. So I have both versions as Book 1 is completely fine to play as is without the update and I might prefer that version for nostalgic purposes.

Dragon Fantasy is a two game series that started out with Dragon Fantasy Book 1 followed by Dragon Fantasy Book 2. Book 2 was updated to fix a lot of the issues with the game including some balancing ... they called this version Dragon Fantasy The Black Tome of Ice. Book 1 also got an update on many platforms but the Vita version was pushed back. This updated version is called The Volumes of Westeria. Book 1 didn't have as many issues as Book 2 did, so the update wasn't as important but now we finally get the Book 1 update (The Volumes of Westeria) on the Vita with this release.

So... there are two games... this is the remake of the first one. Though to be honest the first game was completely playable and awesome in it's Book 1 form. It's sad though the art for this doesn't reflect what version of the game it is.

To add to (but hopefully subtract from the) confusion, on PSN in the USA only Book 1 & 2 versions are available for the Vita. The Black Tome of Ice is only available on PS4 through PSN, though the Vita version got an EU PSN release. So currently this physical release is the only North American release for the first DF game on PS4... and the LRG versions for both TBTOI and TVOW are only available physically in North America for the Vita.

What I've opted to do to save my sanity is just keep the Book 1 & Book 2 digital versions on my vita, and bought TBTOI and TVOW versions digitally on my New 3DS. So I have both versions as Book 1 is completely fine to play as is without the update and I might prefer that version for nostalgic purposes.
Wow, THANK YOU for the excellent explanation.

I already completed Book I and Book II on my Vita long ago. I also appear to own ToBI for PS4 but haven't played it yet. So now just to decide if I was a physical copy.

Again, much appreciated.

I apologize if it's been mentioned already, but another difference with this "The Volumes of Westeria" release is that it has a new trophy list with a platinum trophy this time.

I was just recently thinking about WarTheater and MechoWars. Thank you for the update. Any information about the exact date of release?
I feel like we probably will not get a release date and am surprised by any updates at this point. I agree with the there that this is a very frustrating situation but for me the shocker is when he replies back and tells one customer to call the cops to arrest him. I feel like I was willing to support his mediocre games and a smaller Indy style game/developer but if he’s going to be horrible to customers it’s not worth my time or money.

[attachment=32054:8BB10943-2908-45C2-9C9F-CA5273369CCB.jpeg]

In general, Luc Bernard has just been kinda scummy with Vita releases. Skullpirates was supposed to be a pretty limited release, then when it sold out quickly he immediately added more.

Plus, in general, the Arcade Distillery games are very mediocre. They've sold okay because they've all been released in limited quantities on the Vita, but I think Luc's taken that to mean people think his games are phenomenal.

I'm really not a fan of him, his company, or the way they've handled this (and other) marketing issues. Excuse the vitriol, but I'm glad they won't be able to continue exploiting the Vita collector's market much longer.

I was going to come here and say selling the games at $20 apiece and now shipping them from across Pacific was enough for me to cut him slack. That tweet killed it. Anyone with marginal business sense doesn’t respond that way and I’m going for a refund.

https://twitter.com/BenjaminRivers/status/1116033044459196421

did LRG release those sega cd replacement cases for general purchase yet or still just in use on some ce's so far?

did LRG release those sega cd replacement cases for general purchase yet or still just in use on some ce's so far?
Not yet. They said on the FIreside chat they are working to perfect the shipping boxes first as they did a test run and some guy went ballistic that some of the cases were damaged in transit.

Interesting. Not my thing, but the Sega CD-style case is cool.

I don't think they ever sold the cases separately. I think there was a quality issue and then it wasn't worth it. I could be wrong, so maybe someone else knows more.

i think they decided not to outright sell em because somebody beat them to the punch with a cheaply made Chinese copy that despite having worse quality also heavily undercut them in pricing.

Got my Axiom Verge Wii U copy. Never thought I'd ever hold the Wii U release of this game...

I'm curious what the LRG price point is for them, I do recall someone coming out with similiar repros at the same time, Kotaku ran an article about it https://kotaku.com/two-guys-making-new-sega-cd-jewel-cases-are-in-an-accid-1825364528
I ended up with one of those cases (the other guy's, not LRG's) and it was amazing how similar in quality the plastic is to the originals. I'm lucky enough to have a handful of perfect long box cases and my fear was the repo's could not match the quality of the plastic as the originals (same with standard CD jewel cases... if you have original PS1 cases, they're much thicker than any generic ones you buy on Amazon/eBay). But as the article points out, the cases were not perfect replicas (far from it since it didn't even have the slots to hold the trays in place or close)- def not worth the price.

I'm still waiting on LRG's cases, hoping they're actually close to originals. The other guy's cases were fairly cheap because of all the corners cut but it sounds like LRG is making them as close to the originals as possible.

Snrk... a pixel-art story-focused adventure game in a long-box style CD case. I might cave and get the deluxe version for Alone With You. I really like those long-boxes, my copy of Cosmic Star Heroine looks incredible. And point-and-click style adventure games have always been a personal weakness.

Even with an improved design and higher-quality plastics, long-box CD cases have to be shipped with some manner of padding. Their size and relative hollowness makes them susceptible to shocks and pressure. Bubble-wrap mailing envelopes would not be even close to enough, and snug cardboard boxes wouldn't cut it either. A box with a hefty amount of empty space, and inflated padding between the long-boxes and the cardboard edges would be the minimum required. I've seen what some of the mail-carriers can do to larger packages at my own front door. It isn't pretty.

Got my Axiom Verge Wii U copy. Never thought I'd ever hold the Wii U release of this game...

I ended up with one of those cases (the other guy's, not LRG's) and it was amazing how similar in quality the plastic is to the originals. I'm lucky enough to have a handful of perfect long box cases and my fear was the repo's could not match the quality of the plastic as the originals (same with standard CD jewel cases... if you have original PS1 cases, they're much thicker than any generic ones you buy on Amazon/eBay). But as the article points out, the cases were not perfect replicas (far from it since it didn't even have the slots to hold the trays in place or close)- def not worth the price.

I'm still waiting on LRG's cases, hoping they're actually close to originals. The other guy's cases were fairly cheap because of all the corners cut but it sounds like LRG is making them as close to the originals as possible.
I read that the other guy had worked on refining his cases to be higher quality (tray falling out was a big issue on the initial run), but looking at amazon it looks like he's still having a lot of issues with the cases being damage in transit

bread's done
Back