Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
So did LRG ever confirmed this was the Korean-only version they are selling tomorrow??? Or does this one have english in it(well as much as any shmup can possibly have)?

EDIT:

I checked out PLAYASIA https://www.play-asia.com/battle-garegga-rev2016/13/70bsdd

And the games HUD/UI is pretty much English from what the videos and screenshot show. Which Im fine with this if LRG is exactly the Korean version. I dont think they can add more english than this to a shmup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tnc6kJRNrw
Ill bet my dirt socks its the same disc with a new label. They wouldn't go back and recode the game, its already all in English.

I got a gold card for dragon fantasy. And it's just a boring plain blue card with the title on it. And come to think of it, my other gold cards are really mediocre as well.

I got a gold card for dragon fantasy. And it's just a boring plain blue card with the title on it. And come to think of it, my other gold cards are really mediocre as well.
The images on the gold cards are not different from the silver cards other than the color of the foil used.

Ill bet my dirt socks its the same disc with a new label. They wouldn't go back and recode the game, its already all in English.
So you're not betting all that much really, strange way of showing confidence lol

All I know is it's a SHMUP and I want it.

EDIT:

Wow, that was dumb hard with the new site changes.

Last edited by a moderator:
So uh, what happened to the website? It looks like shit now.

It doesn't even show the stock remaining anymore either, which is I think on purpose.

Does it show percentage left anymore? I noticed with Garrega CE there was a big ONLY 4 LEFT covering the front page icon.

I want this shmup but ugh I'm too cheap.
I went ahead and got the regular version of Battle Garegga. I was tempted by the Collectors edition, but there was just too much that I didn't need to get into. It would be bad for me to start getting into vinyl records.

I am super interested in Aegis Defenders. Love the cover art. The game has been on my radar for a long while.

I'm going to have to wait and see what the next few releases are before pre-orders close for combined shipping.

I really wish they could just give us a list of games they are releasing every month at the beginning of each month.

If there is no other game I am interested in, before they close pre-orders, I may just but the digital version.

Game is on sale right now on the eshop for $10.99 until 5/23.

So uh, what happened to the website? It looks like shit now.

It doesn't even show the stock remaining anymore either, which is I think on purpose.
You can still see the stock remaining by just putting in some absurdly large number in and it'll respond with how many are left. It's not as upfront as the % but the % was often quite inaccurate anyway since it wasn't clear how many were up for sale during each batch.

I went ahead and got the regular version of Battle Garegga. I was tempted by the Collectors edition, but there was just too much that I didn't need to get into. It would be bad for me to start getting into vinyl records.
OH, trust, it is bad. Dominoes waiting to fall my friend. I stupidly tipped the first one a few years ago and I'm several hundred deep now.

OH, trust, it is bad. Dominoes waiting to fall my friend. I stupidly tipped the first one a few years ago and I'm several hundred deep now.
Think it's like that with many things. I know I went from about 3 Switch games to about 15 haha. Also my board games, books, figures, KPOP cds..... Anything can get you quickly if you let it.

Well, it depends on how much you like SHMUPs. If that genre is in your wheelhouse, I would say yes, it probably is worth the purchase. Battle Garegga is a very well-regarded entry in the genre. The port they're selling on LRG was put together by M2, a well-respected emulation and port developer. It is a bit more expensive than some of LRG's other titles. But this is actually pretty typical of a lot of the more obscure SHMUP titles. Those frequently get sold for a higher price, both digitally and on LRG.

If SHMUPs aren't your thing, then don't bother. Battle Garegga is as SHMUP as SHMUPs get. If you don't care for the genre, than you're probably not going to care for Battle Garegga.

why do you say that? did something recently occur? I remember during the garrega stream last week they mentioned wanting to do Jamestown in the future.
OH REALLY? That'd be great.

I think it was a few years ago when one of them said on twitter trying but failing to talk to the Jamestown team because they disbanded.

WOW, as of today, I'm 100% caught up with all my LRG orders, and have nothing waiting to ship or arrive. This is like old times, as my recent orders have all been shipping within 30 days, and arriving much faster after shipping as well.

Does LRG announce if Best Buy does NOT go through with an order? Is the whole "wait at your own risk" just a ploy to get people to order from them? I want Bloodstained, but am waiting for BB, but no preorder yet, and this game has finished shipping to those who ordered according to the LRG site. 

Got a big box from LRG with a bunch of stuff. One of the cards I got was a printing plate for a Chronus Arc card. Anyone get a printing plate? Apparently, they can come with blind boxes. I recently ordered a soundtrack blind box, but my big box didn't contain a soundtrack  :whistle2:

Too bad it wasn't for a better game :razz: 

Label side
O8U0Wtp.jpg

Image side
k05UTJO.jpg

did lrg confirm Best Buy was going to stock Bloodstained?
Just looked back at the email and they did confirm it.

“Please note that Best Buy will be receiving copies of Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon on Switch and selling them at a later date.”

I feel ya Destro. I’ve been checking everyday for like two months on Best Buy putting Bloodstained up. I wish they would just do it already.

WOW, as of today, I'm 100% caught up with all my LRG orders, and have nothing waiting to ship or arrive. This is like old times, as my recent orders have all been shipping within 30 days, and arriving much faster after shipping as well.
You only buying vita games? Because they have all those on hand. I'm still waiting on like 7+ games. Production updates has said CruisinMix is "shipping now" for weeks but I didn't get my confirm yet.

Edit: apparently they've changed it on the page today to expected by late May lol.

You only buying vita games? Because they have all those on hand. I'm still waiting on like 7+ games. Production updates has said CruisinMix is "shipping now" for weeks but I didn't get my confirm yet.

Edit: apparently they've changed it on the page today to expected by late May lol.
Yeah, waiting on six orders here. Going to be moving next month too, so hopefully customer support will understand.

Yep, Vita only at this point, sorry for not pointing that out, but I assumed most would figure that out, since all NS games have production times, as do certain PS4 titles at this point(impossible to get games in under 30 days). Yeah, I only ever bought a few PS4 titles early on, then realized where that was leading, and opted out. I have collected a few NS titles, but after West of Loathing, I threw in the towel there as well. I'm open to special titles on either system, but after collecting for the Vita, and still grabbing the last few titles, I've all but retired from the "limited" game offerings.

LRG sure has put out a lot of crap this year.  I have exactly one order since last September and that was Celeste.   There have been 1 or 2 other things I was considering buying, but didn't feel motivated enough to follow through on it.  There has been a severe lack of in-demand games going back to Q2, Q3 last year when a few notable titles were published. 

Proof is in that this page hardly moves at all on release day anymore. 

Got my Switch blind box today.....Saturday Morning RPG.  Not one of the ones I was hoping for, but I respect it as a Mighty Rabbit production. 

Desert Edge looks cool. It also looks a prime candidate for one of the Humble monthlies. I already have one of those live action games, and I'm not sure I want others.

Say what you will about trophies, but it ticks me off just a bit that Josh tweeted their release of Bloodstained on Vita would have a separate trophy list with a platinum trophy, but the list appears to be the exact same as the digital version: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/9094-bloodstained-curse-of-the-moon

This list appeared earlier tonight. I doubt I was the only one whose decision to buy a copy was influenced by the possibility of a new platinum trophy attached to it.

Say what you will about trophies, but it ticks me off just a bit that Josh tweeted their release of Bloodstained on Vita would have a separate trophy list with a platinum trophy, but the list appears to be the exact same as the digital version: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/9094-bloodstained-curse-of-the-moon

This list appeared earlier tonight. I doubt I was the only one whose decision to buy a copy was influenced by the possibility of a new platinum trophy attached to it.
Bait and Switch!

bread's done
Back