Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Whew, close one. On my desktop, Chrome kept locking up once I'd added all items to my cart. I tried reloading the page a few times, but it kept locking up.

Finally, I switched to Chrome on my phone, which worked fine.

The site is completely dead for me, anyone else?
Is the site broken for anyone else? Unresponsive and all.
Has the website crashed for anyone else? I can't do anything.
I was able to get an order in but had to refresh a few times and each page took quite a while to load
Whew, close one. On my desktop, Chrome kept locking up once I'd added all items to my cart. I tried reloading the page a few times, but it kept locking up.

Finally, I switched to Chrome on my phone, which worked fine.
I believe this is happening to others

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to know I wasn't the only one who had issues with the website. My order didn't go through till 10:03, the horror of it all

Took forever to get to the actual checkout process, refused to load and had to refresh, but managed to get through somehow! Probably only because it seems like everyone was having the same issues. I liked it back when their site was more reliable, had nothing but trouble since the revamp. Wish they'd just go back to the old site if they're going to keep having these issues.

Since Chrome says the site is unresponsive after a page loads, it suggests that the problem is that something client-side (usually bad JavaScript) is locking up the browser-- not a server error preventing the page from loading. So switching browsers, or getting the mobile version of the site, might work since different code might run in the browser, or the same code may run better.

For everyone who wasn't able to get through, good luck getting something in the next batch.

I'm so done with this dude. I finally load the cart and its empty and then everything is sold out. This website is trash. I was there at 10am on the dot.

LimtedRunGames really shit the bed today.

That was... strange. It looked like the site got rolled back to a previous version, during the sale. The newer version must not have been able to handle the volume of traffic. I was able to get in an order for the PS4 version of Fata Morgana, as I had intended. But it was certainly competitive.

Well, that sucked. Was using Firefox and the site kept freezing up on me. By the time I got loaded up on my phone the  Vita CE of Fata Morgana was sold out. Ah well, hopefully things work better for the second batch. Never had this kind of freezing issue with the site before.

They stealthly added the Nurse Love game to the site this morning as well.  If I recall those CEs had like 60% remaining when they got pulled from the site a few weeks ago so they must have a lot left to try and sell.

Yeah, once I switched browsers I was able to get further, but one game was sold out by then. Oh well, if I can't get both at 3, this will be my official LRG retirement day! LOL

First time I ever had an issue ordering on desktop.  Damn unneeded website resdesign - what a piece of crap.  Used my phone and got an order in (first time I ever had to do that).  Actually missed the Vita CE because of it so settled for the PS4 one.

Desktop Firefox did not work at all for me but phone Chrome did.

I was able to get everything, but hot damn that was a mess. The site exploded under volume. I can't say I'm surprised with the marketing push they've had for Fata Morgana, but I didn't expect it to implode so messy.

I wish the scalpers would go away, but Fata Morgana seems like one of those sure to sell for higher than advertised type games. I'm glad it's getting attention as it is not the norm for VNs and is highly regarded. I played through a few chapters on Steam, but will wait for the physical copy to come in to finish the game. Yes I'm actually going to play both these releases!

They stealthly added the Nurse Love game to the site this morning as well. If I recall those CEs had like 60% remaining when they got pulled from the site a few weeks ago so they must have a lot left to try and sell.
There were 348 copies left the day after they went up for sale on 4/19.

I thought I was panicking for no reason when I refreshed after checkout and saw everything was still available. Little did I know I had reason to worry. 

I was able to get everything, but hot damn that was a mess. The site exploded under volume. I can't say I'm surprised with the marketing push they've had for Fata Morgana, but I didn't expect it to implode so messy.
Yeah, same here.

Never had an issue during previous sales. I'm not a big fan of the redesigned site.
I don't think volume was the key issue, the fault lies with the new redesign. Ever since they changed it, I've encountered issues just trying to add to cart every time on release day. They probably have a lot more script running to make it all fancy, but that just means more room for error.

I got lucky and was able to pick up a vita copy of each game. Longest three minutes ever waiting for my checkout page to load. I don’t know how people buy from LRG on a regular basis, that uncertainty was killing me!

I don't think volume was the key issue, the fault lies with the new redesign. Ever since they changed it, I've encountered issues just trying to add to cart every time on release day. They probably have a lot more script running to make it all fancy, but that just means more room for error.
I agree. I'm pretty sure some of their older sales had a lot more volume (Wonderboy/Night Trap/Y's/the Jak games,etc) and I have also experienced some issues since the site redesign, but nothing like today. It was a whole other level of ineffectiveness today. I think their Twitter mentioned they believe the site issues were caused by a plug-in or theme.

With the way webcode is delivered, it's both. If 10,000 computers are trying to access the same Javascript file from the same CDN at once then it's immensely more likely to corrupt or misdeliver files in transit than it is if it's just 100 people. On the same note, though, better/leaner code is less likely to be subjected to those issues.

I agree. I'm pretty sure some of their older sales had a lot more volume (Wonderboy/Night Trap/Y's/the Jak games,etc) and I have also experienced some issues since the site redesign, but nothing like today. It was a whole other level of ineffectiveness today. I think their Twitter mentioned they believe the site issues were caused by a plug-in or theme.
Yeah, the redesign is pretty awful. Like I mentioned above, though, I think volume still played a part in the issues.

I considered House of Fate but then I watched some game play videos of the game's digital release and quickly remembered that even if this is the best visual novel ever I have no interest in the genre of game and will skip these two releases.

Now we got about a week and a half to find out what are the remaining vita games they have to offer.
I'm excited to see how it ends.

With the way webcode is delivered, it's both. If 10,000 computers are trying to access the same Javascript file from the same CDN at once then it's immensely more likely to corrupt or misdeliver files in transit than it is if it's just 100 people. On the same note, though, better/leaner code is less likely to be subjected to those issues.
Well I did say volume wasn't the key issue, not that it wasn't an issue.

Yeah, more notable releases on the old site was infinitely better. I wish they'd get the help of a professional instead of doing it themselves since it's no longer a we have no money thing and more we want to keep all our money unless it gets us more money.

A better website certainly wouldn't change their sales so I get it, but god it's aggravating.

Now we got about a week and a half to find out what are the remaining vita games they have to offer.
I'm excited to see how it ends.
I hadn't heard that they were planning to do that... but that will solve the mystery and make planning a lot easier for these last releases.

Looks like the site layout has been changed back to the old design for now.  Hopefully the 6pm sales batch goes much smoother because of this.  Even the inventory checker is back!

WOW, the site is back to the new look, and the qty's for the standard Vita games still shows 2 per person. 

tenor.gif

Yeah, they just changed them both before going live, and whatever they did for the site worked, as that was one of my smoother purchases on their site.
I still hate the new design, I prefer the old one. Those Vita copies for Morgana went really fast though, did they go that fast during the morning? I missed the morning batch but managed to get my order in for this one.

I still hate the new design, I prefer the old one. Those Vita copies for Morgana went really fast though, did they go that fast during the morning? I missed the morning batch but managed to get my order in for this one.
With this mornings cluster ****, no way to tell how fast either one went, as the site was beyond broke for most.

pwWvrzk.png

giphy.gif

*Reminder: Everyone who manages to get all 4 Jak CE's from the store will be able to obtain a Jak 4 custom case and theme. It hasn't been confirmed if repurchasing from a third part seller counts yet.

bread's done
Back