Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
In researching the Blaster Master Question, I stumbled on a disturbing comment in the inticreates annoucement tweet that I looked into and there's a huge backlash against LRG right now over on Resetera because they are dealing with THQ. Google Limited Run Games THQ if you want to read it. It's pretty dark. I'm glad I don't follow THQ and feel a bit bad at how over the top LRG was in their excitement to deal with the company. Ultimately I don't hold any of that against LRG as I'd imagine the deal was in place before the events and they likely can't say anything too negative about THQ without it hurting their company more
Huh, that sounds interesting, I wonder what's-

*A google later*

Oh, ok, they're still just bitching about a company hosting an AMA on 8chan a while back, lmao.

Honestly find that mindset kinda gross; like, I get it, people say heinous shit on certain forums since those forums are founded on letting people to say whatever they want, so long as it's not illegal - but I just really don't dig this mindset of, like, cascading un-personing being the only reasonable response to it.

I don't like that this website lets people I hate express things I disagree with? The website needs to be removed.

I dont' like that this company used this platform to (ill-advisedly, admittedly) engage with a subset of their customer base? That company needs to be shunned and their employees discarded.

I don't like that a second company, completely unrelated, then engages with the first company? Then they are also, via transmissible wrongthink, guilty of racist homophobic trump-aggrandizing rhetoric...maybe?

How far does it have to go before the mark of cain dissipates? Are you a neo-nazi if you keep buying from LRG, since you're then involved in the chain? Do I also have to bow in supplication to the morally unimpeachable Reseteran saviors for not agreeing with them? Does conducting an AMA really sully you with equal guilt for posts elsewhere on a webstie, even one inherently designed to allow for the presence of - entirely sandboxed - discussion and expression of every mindset under the sun ?

Iunno man, "pretty dark" is a stretch and a half from where I'm standing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iunno man, "pretty dark" is a stretch and a half from where I'm standing.
I meant pretty dark because if you read the OP's statement in that thread and what happened to them as a kid.. it's dark as hell. It is an overreaction in this situation. I'm not saying LRG's participation with THQ is pretty dark. I don't hold it against LRG on any of this.

Anyone else notice the prices on Fridays vita games are $30, $15 over asking price?. I thought they were supposed to be $10 over asking price? Or was that inaccurate?

Anyone else notice the prices on Fridays vita games are $30, $15 over asking price?. I thought they were supposed to be $10 over asking price? Or was that inaccurate?
That was their guideline and some recent releases have followed that, but since the Switch came along and PS4 sales quantities have dropped, that doesn't seem to be followed closely anymore.

In researching the Blaster Master Question, I stumbled on a disturbing comment in the inticreates annoucement tweet that I looked into and there's a huge backlash against LRG right now over on Resetera because they are dealing with THQ. Google Limited Run Games THQ if you want to read it. It's pretty dark. I'm glad I don't follow THQ and feel a bit bad at how over the top LRG was in their excitement to deal with the company. Ultimately I don't hold any of that against LRG as I'd imagine the deal was in place before the events and they likely can't say anything too negative about THQ without it hurting their company more
To be fair, on Resetera there's a huge backlash against everything.

To be fair, on Resetera there's a huge backlash against everything.
Good to know. I don't frequent the site (not even a member). The way it was worded in the tweet, it was as if people at LRG were involved in this terrible stuff directly. Glad it wasn't that and was just an unfortunate business relationship. Which it was noted the people from THQ did post stuff during that AMA which made it clear they knew what that site was and were complicity in that activity. So it's not all just a complete misunderstanding... though surely LRG's deal happened well before the incident.

Hi, I’m new to limited run games. I read through the thread but can’t find an answer to my question. How do I obtain a mystery box? I tried searching online and all I found is by redeeming points which LRG no longer issues. Is there any other way

Hi, I’m new to limited run games. I read through the thread but can’t find an answer to my question. How do I obtain a mystery box? I tried searching online and all I found is by redeeming points which LRG no longer issues. Is there any other way
Normally once a year, they have their HUGE "everything" must go sale, and when I say everything, I mean the held back inventory for damages and lost shipments(no discounts on prices). LOL That's when the offer their mystery boxes as well, and they normally last for a decent time once offered, but it is a specific time of year when this happens(near the start of the year I believe).

Well the standard edition is $60.
The standard doesn't include the steelbook though, so that doesn't help me. The base cost of $60 is just too high for what is in the game. I realize the base game plus dlc content is $40 digitally, but even that is twice the price they should be charging for the content. Fighters aren't my thing anyways, so easy pass.

On the plus side, they announced a half dozen games I was hoping they would run, so overall very happy with their upcoming offerings.

The standard doesn't include the steelbook though, so that doesn't help me. The base cost of $60 is just too high for what is in the game. I realize the base game plus dlc content is $40 digitally, but even that is twice the price they should be charging for the content. Fighters aren't my thing anyways, so easy pass.

On the plus side, they announced a half dozen games I was hoping they would run, so overall very happy with their upcoming offerings.
Yeah, I think it's priced far too high. Neither skullgirls nor koihime erbu were priced this high and as far as I can tell, both those games had much more content than Power Rangers.

That said, I'm still interested but LRG needs to clarify what's on disc for this game (i.e. verify it's THE complete edition) before I'll consider putting down for a preorder.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Heck the alien blob game is under $10 digitally and I believe it was a Vita launch title, or soon there after. If anything would be $24.99 it should be that. I hate to say it but its almost as if they saw how fast the latest Vita games were selling so they jacked up the prices as much as they could get away with without a huge backlash, in order to take advantage of the demand.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Heck the alien blob game is under $10 digitally and I believe it was a Vita launch title, or soon there after. If anything would be $24.99 it should be that. I hate to say it but its almost as if they saw how fast the latest Vita games were selling so they jacked up the prices as much as they could get away with without a huge backlash, in order to take advantage of the demand.
Corporate capitalism at work. I think the prices are too high but so long as collectors keep buying, can't say I blame LRG.

It looks like Power Rangers is really stagnating on the LRG site. Switch CEs usually fly off the figurative shelves, but it's not even to the point of low stock yet. I think they really overestimated how popular this would be. Power Rangers is pretty niche, the game bombed pretty hard in reviews, and it's one of their most expensive releases to date. I can see a lot of these making their way to blink boxes or their unannounced retail partner.

Power Rangers will include all the season pass content on disc that hasn't been released yet. Apparantly they replied yesterday and I missed it.
e671219aa6d43a8bcd808499dccdaec7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Power Rangers will include all the season pass content on disc that hasn't been released yet. Apparantly they replied yesterday and I missed it.

Thanks. Would want to know what these are before the preorder period ends. Does the game have a complete story mode? I recall hearing that was a work in progress, i.e. not done yet.

Thanks. Would want to know what these are before the preorder period ends. Does the game have a complete story mode? I recall hearing that was a work in progress, i.e. not done yet.

It looks like Power Rangers is really stagnating on the LRG site. Switch CEs usually fly off the figurative shelves, but it's not even to the point of low stock yet. I think they really overestimated how popular this would be. Power Rangers is pretty niche, the game bombed pretty hard in reviews, and it's one of their most expensive releases to date. I can see a lot of these making their way to blink boxes or their unannounced retail partner.
They still like 1580 copies, which is more than half the allotment for the Switch. I’m surprised at how slow it selling as well. They do have a lot of releases on Friday, so maybe people are waiting to combine shipping.

It looks like it bombed more for it's release model as opposed to the gameplay itself. I'm not into fighting games, so I can't assess if it's any good. But it sounds like the physical copy will at least have a decent amount of fighters, modes, and arenas.

Jak 1 CE is finally arriving for those who ordered the December 7th Playstation Bundle. I'm interested to see what these Star Wars CE's look like. Bounty Hunter is one of those hidden gem Star Wars games that no one ever talks about.

Took an extra minute for Oddworld New 'n Tasty to go up. I was worried about the Vita releases selling out, so I placed an order with those first, then separately ordered Oddworld once it became available. Too bad they don't combine orders anymore.

Aaand Guacamelee has sold out of its first allotment. Probably could have gotten them all in one order without the bundle, but it was a narrow window.

Took an extra minute for Oddworld New 'n Tasty to go up. I was worried about the Vita releases selling out, so I placed an order with those first, then separately ordered Oddworld once it became available. Too bad they don't combine orders anymore.

Aaand Guacamelee has sold out of its first allotment. Probably could have gotten them all in one order without the bundle, but it was a narrow window.
Yeah, I waited for the standard edition of Oddworld to try and get it with the two Vita titles but Guac sold out. Oh well, guess I will try again at 6 and if it happens again I save a bunch of money this week and LRG loses me as a all-in Vita customer. Win win for me I guess since it seems they are gouging the price of all their remaining Vita releases.

Both Vita gone already. Guacamelee went very quick. Tales from Space was gone in a little over 3 mins. Glad they limited Guacamelee to 1 per account. Thankfully LRG had their crap sorted out with their store today and it didn't end up a circus like last time they had Vita offerings. Checked out with both games very fast with zero issues.

Guacamelee went surprisingly fast considering it was one per person. I know the game is popular but I thought demand would somewhat be stymied by its physical releases on other platforms.

So stupid, I had to do the exact same thing because I knew the Vita games would go quick. Why LRG can’t get their act together is frustrating.

Guacamelee went surprisingly fast considering it was one per person. I know the game is popular but I thought demand would somewhat be stymied by its physical releases on other platforms.
I think everyone is just trying to finish their sets, but I'm getting some of these games cheaper on eBay and Mercari than buying directly from LRG. Shit is a bit overpriced for me.

Bought the PS3 CE because I have almost a complete PS3 CE collection. I'm missing like 10 games, so I said fuck it.

i got the Oddworld New 'n Tasty CE, guacamelee and tales from space mutant blobs all in one order ez day

Got my order in but no idea why they increased the limit for Mutant Blobs when it has fewer copies available.
Makes no sense. I've been saying for several Vita runs now that LRG absolutely need to limit all Vita games to 1 per person. Their excuse in the past to making it two per person is that they were worried they wouldn't sell out. Well, I mean, how much more proof do they need that Vita games are going to sell out easily even if it's only 1 per person? They could have a 2,000 copy Vita run of the worst game imaginable and it would still sell out at 1 per person at this point.

Was able to get the 2 Vita games. Damn, it seems nobody wants those Power Ranger CEs. I passed due to the game being $60. Too much imo. Like the steelbook but basically $100 after tax and shipping for a mediocre game and steelbook.

Makes no sense. I've been saying for several Vita runs now that LRG absolutely need to limit all Vita games to 1 per person. Their excuse in the past to making it two per person is that they were worried they wouldn't sell out. Well, I mean, how much more proof do they need that Vita games are going to sell out easily even if it's only 1 per person? They could have a 2,000 copy Vita run of the worst game imaginable and it would still sell out at 1 per person at this point.
The correct answer I think is it's less shipping on their end if everyone buys 2 copies. 1000 packages instead of 2000 really probably makes a difference.

The correct answer I think is it's less shipping on their end if everyone buys 2 copies. 1000 packages instead of 2000 really probably makes a difference.
Less money as well, though. They are turning a profit on their shipping and handling. Also, if it was all about less shipping then they would have made the title with the higher print run 2 per person rather than 1. Who knows.

Less money as well, though. They are turning a profit on their shipping and handling. Also, if it was all about less shipping then they would have made the title with the higher print run 2 per person rather than 1. Who knows.
They’re turning a profit on S&H?

I do feel most of the Vita releases will go quickly so be prepared even for some not so great games. Only two I still want are the Damascus Gear games. Hopefully will get them, but yeah these releases will be bloodbaths from now on no matter what is put up for the Vita games.

So I asked Limited Run a simple question on Twitter and still havn't gotten a response so does anyone else know if

Guacamelee has all the DLC included with the physical release?

Yeah, Josh or Doug mentioned it on Twitter. Justified it by saying that they wanted to pay their shipping teams a good wage ($15/hr + benefits IIRC). So in a way you are still paying for "shipping" in the sense that the money is going to the shipping team, but it is a little bit of a gray area.

An admirable goal, but I don't feel like inflating shipping costs is the best way to pay your staff personally.

So I asked Limited Run a simple question on Twitter and still havn't gotten a response so does anyone else know if

Guacamelee has all the DLC included with the physical release?
It does not.

Yeah, Josh or Doug mentioned it on Twitter. Justified it by saying that they wanted to pay their shipping teams a good wage ($15/hr + benefits IIRC). So in a way you are still paying for "shipping" in the sense that the money is going to the shipping team, but it is a little bit of a gray area.

An admirable goal, but I don't feel like inflating shipping costs is the best way to pay your staff personally.

It does not.
That’s not profit.

They have to be turning a net profit. They don't make as much on larger and boxed orders since the shipping weight drives up their cost, but on people who order only 1 or 2 games they are making a tidy little profit. A Vita game in its case weighs next to nothing. The bubble mailers LRG buys are bought in bulk, and they've said in the past the odd colors make them even cheaper. I don't know how much they pay per mailer, but it has to be under 50 cents per mailer. LRG have said they pay their laborers a living wage plus some benefits (which is good and I have no problem with), but even when factoring that into the mix it still doesn't come out to much money in labor per bubble mailer stuffed and sealed. Obviously various overhead costs will factor in as well, but given the volume LRG currently do that still shouldn't bring the costs up to the point they aren't turning a nice little profit on charging $5.50 to ship a game or two in a bubble mailer.

Craziest thing was when I wanted to redeem my rewards points for a single trading card. It had $5.50 shipping. Nevermind...
Yeah, I got burned the same way for a keychain, and it was shipped in a HUGE bubble mailer, 3 times the size of the standard one, but even shipping for that would have been $3.50 at most, and that includes the mailer cost as well. So yeah, I ship hundreds of items a year, and they are making some profit on shipping, but based on the amount of issues I'm sure they have with losses and damages, it's probably a wash in the end.

EDIT: And if their using those funds to pay the shipping department, as stated, that's not really profit at that point. Depending on the volume, of course they may be making some funds, but I would rather deal with 1000 of an item, than trying to ship 2000 to maybe make $1 on each item, as then there is the factor of "time" to ship those extra 1000. So I may make $1000 for the extra 1000 items shipped, but then I've probably lost funds depending on the time factor involved doing so.

It doesn't. Bummer.
Thank you that means I saved myself some money. I guess them putting the complete games on cart now is bull shit and there original model of preserving the complete physical game doesn't matter anymore. Guacamelee is a great game and it is a shame they didn't release the complete game physically.

That’s not profit.
The point I was addressing was that they are charging more than the cost of packaging and actual shipping charges to ship an item to you. I doubt anyone outside of LRG actually knows whether or not they turn net profit on shipping, because to definitively say one way or another you'd need to know a lot of information they don't publicize (shipping team gross salary, cost of envelopes, units shipped per hour, etc.)

I think it had more to do with submission deadlines to get the carts made. Probably would’ve taken time they didn’t have to adjust the code to put it all on cart and get ESRB approval for the new build.

I think it had more to do with submission deadlines to get the carts made. Probably would’ve taken time they didn’t have to adjust the code to put it all on cart and get ESRB approval for the new build.
I'm sure that is the case but Guacamelee has been out for Vita for years (released in 2013) and the DLC has been patched into the game and is unlocked with 200kb unlock keys. If this was a game they really wanted to release on vita they should have planned better and released it a long time ago.

Wow the Jak CE is really nice.   I haven't order many ps4 games from Loose Rattling Games but this one is great.

***shake shake shake***

and I don't hear a loose disc.  :beer:

and another  :beer:

So I have 156 reward tickets and see they’re not giving anymore out, so I might as well redeem them soon. Who has redeemed theirs and how do you go about doing it?

Also, who’s like me and always adds a trading card protector to their order so their card doesn’t come in bent.

So I have 156 reward tickets and see they’re not giving anymore out, so I might as well redeem them soon. Who has redeemed theirs and how do you go about doing it?

Also, who’s like me and always adds a trading card protector to their order so their card doesn’t come in bent.
Just you

Mine have never come in damaged well over 100

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you had to place multiple orders due to the delay with Oddworld going up, open a support ticket and we'll do a courtesy combine for you. The Vita games are gonna start shipping out the beginning of the week though, so make sure and submit that ASAP. I'll get everyone taken care of this weekend.

https://limitedrungames.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

https://limitedrungames.com/pages/rewards

bread's done
Back