Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I'm not sure how you're getting to your numbers, but I count only 10 items listed as "Shipping in progress". At the end of last week I had confirmations on Bubsy, the Funkotron case and the March 15th bundle which was waiting on the NES soundtrack cart. I tend to buy just about everything, so my orders tend to be waiting for at least one or two additional items to ship all the time. I would also point out that especially with open Switch preorders and some of the longer preorder windows running from 2-4 weeks, many people tend to wait a week or two or even longer and then order multiple titles. Very rarely will games from multiple weeks come in at the same time. Again, I agree that LRG has some issues getting stuff in and taking orders too soon on certain items, but I don't get the impression based on what I see on various forums or other places that people are waiting very long after something shows "Shipping in Progress" if they are truly sole item orders.
From their production updates page. My last update was on August 30 and it looks like they updated their page yesterday. They still have 9 "Shipping in Progress", 12 "Shipping Shortly", and 30 for "September". I'm glad your stuff is shipping out fairly quickly, but that's not what the data shows. The production updates page is updated with singles, not groups, and again if your delay is from groups that's a different story.

As far as PS3 releases go, I'd love to see Eiyuu Senki and I know that's been requested a lot. There are a few others that I've had hope for but I don't know that they're widely wanted (i.e. Hell Yeah!, Battle Princess).

Has anyone had any luck with their wait list in the past?

I put myself on it after missing out on Metal Slug 3 for Vita moments after it sold out, but now I'm debating if I should just buy it on eBay and bite the bullet.
I was on the waitlist for Salt and Sanctuary. Wasn't until July that I was notified I could get a copy. Just got a shipping notice this week. It's a slow process

That will most likely be my last LRG purchase. Gotta love that DC case, licensed and all. I'll definitely be using the DC case right next to 'Shenmue' and 'Shenmue II' in my Dreamcast collection.

Shenmue is one of my favorite series of all time (easily in my top 10... probably top 5)... but... I can resist the CE. I have the PS4 version coming from the Kicstarter. After a 20 year wait, I just want to play the game! Hopefully they announce the conclusion (Shenmue 4) sometime shortly after 3 is out. As is I have Shenmue 1 (Dreamcast) and Shenmue 2 (Xbox) on display on the shelf above my desk. I'll put the PS4 version next to that when the time comes (along with the PS4 version of 1&2 which I did buy).

Had they included a forklift with ryo figure... I'd probably have caved on this CE... as long as it was under $100.

EDIT: The DC case should have housed a multi-disc sountrack.

That will most likely be my last LRG purchase. Gotta love that DC case, licensed and all. I'll definitely be using the DC case right next to 'Shenmue' and 'Shenmue II' in my Dreamcast collection.
Well, until the exclusive Shenmue 4 set that also includes a DC box. Let's just all pray that Shenmue 4 happens!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was on the waiting list for Axiom Verge: Multiverse Edition for the Wii U and I did get one it just took a few months after the game sold out on LRG site and the game shipped to customer with metal slug 3 for vita they still haven't shipped out the Collector's Edition for the game I would wait until they ship out the Collector's Edition (shipping some time in October) before going to ebay

I was on the waitlist for Salt and Sanctuary. Wasn't until July that I was notified I could get a copy. Just got a shipping notice this week. It's a slow process
Seeing both of you have luck gives me a bit of hope. I'll wait longer then to avoid succumbing to a scalper, ha. Thank you both for the information.

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1169744262939807744

Still probably won’t see it physically this year.

Quick question for anyone from LRG.

It was recently announced that both Star Wars: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy are being released for the PS4 and Switch. Though there's been no official word that these will be digital only, it appears that may be the case.

What would be the odds of you guys striking a deal to get physical releases for these two classics? 

Shenmue is one of my favorite series of all time (easily in my top 10... probably top 5)... but... I can resist the CE. I have the PS4 version coming from the Kicstarter. After a 20 year wait, I just want to play the game! Hopefully they announce the conclusion (Shenmue 4) sometime shortly after 3 is out. As is I have Shenmue 1 (Dreamcast) and Shenmue 2 (Xbox) on display on the shelf above my desk. I'll put the PS4 version next to that when the time comes (along with the PS4 version of 1&2 which I did buy).

Had they included a forklift with ryo figure... I'd probably have caved on this CE... as long as it was under $100.

EDIT: The DC case should have housed a multi-disc sountrack.

Well, until the exclusive Shenmue 4 set that also includes a DC box. Let's just all pray that Shenmue 4 happens!
It's weird to me how many different editions of Shenmue 3 are coming out. The only things I want are the mirror and the steelbook, and as far as I'm aware no edition has both. For now I'll just keep my steelbook order and I might pick up the mirror on eBay afterward. If this were 2018 or 2017 I would have bitten in a heartbeat, but I have way too many CEs as it is and I'm trying to limit any additional purchases.

Quick question for anyone from LRG.

It was recently announced that both Star Wars: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy are being released for the PS4 and Switch. Though there's been no official word that these will be digital only, it appears that may be the case.

What would be the odds of you guys striking a deal to get physical releases for these two classics?
LRG doesn't check this thread regularly (aside from EvilGizmo from CS popping in from time to time), you can try their Twitter or Discord for better chances at an answer though.

So is there any difference between the multi-language release of River City Girls and LRG's release?

Given LRG's release will take a long time, I'm inclined to buy it from PlayAsia. Has anyone heard anything about differences?

Tokyo Jungle? Wiki seems to indicate it got physical in Japan, so it's likely formatted right. Kinda strikes me as the kind of game that'd just suddenly get a switch version announced alongside an unexpected sequel, though - if not now, then at some point, on some future system.

Only other ones that come to mind are the unfinished swan (though that's also on ps4 storefront), and...maybe Strongbad's cool game for attractive people, since that one never got a physical like the Sam&Max games did on wii?
Sam and max actually only got 1 and 2 physical on wii. Or wait, maybe it was 2 and 3? Something really stupid where it wasn't complete and I had to buy one of them on psn. I could get up and check but I've got a fever and can't move so good.

Sam and max actually only got 1 and 2 physical on wii. Or wait, maybe it was 2 and 3? Something really stupid where it wasn't complete and I had to buy one of them on psn. I could get up and check but I've got a fever and can't move so good.
it was season 1 and 2 of sam and max that got a physical release on the Wii

One minute sell-outs for the Vita Damascus Gears. Soundtrack bundles don't seem to be far behind.

Only four more LRG Vita releases guys, the end is in sight. Rocketbirds 1/2, Papers Please, Super Meat Boy, and Deadbolt.

One minute sell-outs for the Vita Damascus Gears. Soundtrack bundles don't seem to be far behind.

Only four more LRG Vita releases guys, the end is in sight. Rocketbirds 1/2, Papers Please, Super Meat Boy, and Deadbolt.
they both have about 180 copies left

now 145 for one the other has 150
Seems like another shitty forced bundle with how slow they are selling. If people wanted the soundtrack just list it separately, and they would buy it separately. No reason for hundreds of the Vita copies to be forced bundled with a soundtrack.

I forgot about this morning's Vita games and checked LRG at 7:14. I was only able to buy the Vita games because of the soundtrack bundles. (I have meetings all day and probably won't be able to get the next batch.)

When will they stop taking preorders for Jay and Silent Bob?

I forgot about this morning's Vita games and checked LRG at 7:14. I was only able to buy the Vita games because of the soundtrack bundles. (I have meetings all day and probably won't be able to get the next batch.)

When will they stop taking preorders for Jay and Silent Bob?
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1169973303471198208

Did LRG say how many of the Shantae card/poster sets and Snatcher cassettes they had left to sell on site? They say only 1,500 of each was made but that doesn't really help. Also wish they'd list the Shantae pin on the same day but doesn't look like they will. 

Did LRG say how many of the Shantae card/poster sets and Snatcher cassettes they had left to sell on site? They say only 1,500 of each was made but that doesn't really help. Also wish they'd list the Shantae pin on the same day but doesn't look like they will.
Have they announced when they're putting anything up?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So is there any difference between the multi-language release of River City Girls and LRG's release?

Given LRG's release will take a long time, I'm inclined to buy it from PlayAsia. Has anyone heard anything about differences?
The audio for all versions is supposed to be English. The Asia version includes other languages beyond English for the text. Beyond the cover art difference, the early orders on the PA version get a 2 disc asia exclusive soundtrack. The regular LRG verison gets a single disc music sampler style soundtrack. The soundtrack they are offering for the Asia version is different than the one included with the CE version of RCG from LRG. It's not clear how the soundtracks differ since no one has them to compare. Also, it's possible to be too late for the Asia soundtrack and not get it though it is still listed on the order page. Lastly, the Asia version had stock showing up within the week, now it's set for 2 to 4 weeks before the batch arrives, meaning either there was a slight delay or the current batch set to arrive now is sold out and they have more on the way. Either way, it won't ship immediately which is a bummer, but it makes sense considering LRG killed the preorders for this game and they had to guess how many to order for the initial batch.

Also, there are PA discount codes like NDEAL which cut 5% off thus making it the cheaper option.

Beyond this, the LRG version being sold at BB includes no soundtrack. But those with GCU can at least save even more than the PA version with a coupon code or even buying it digital.

Got one of each game this morning. Much easier than I expected. The last two Vita games I'll ever have to order, unless play Asia is hiding something. Regardless of how I may feel about lrg, I got about 40 Vita games from them, I appreciate what they did put out there. Especially after going through the list of Vita games and seeing what else I would actually want physical. Which was only about 4 more games that I'm sure they couldn't have picked up. Good luck to those going for a full set.

Do these Damascus Gear games run well on the Vita for anyone who has played them?

Edit: Just found out PS4 versions are HD and may have more DLC....will just get those down the line cheap on PSN. Not bothering with these releases.

Just found out PS4 versions are HD and may have more DLC....will just get those down the line cheap on PSN. Not bothering with these releases.
The reviews for the Damascus Gear titles were not inspiring confidence. I passed on them as well. Didn't show up for today's releases at all. No need for a NES game. While I respect indie NES developers, I would much prefer to see some indie SNES development. (or Genesis development) The NES is a very minimalist system, a bit TOO limited for modern development. Modern indie NES development is more of a technical curiosity than a subject for collection.

Does anyone know what the difference between LRG’s Shenmue 3 CE and the one that was available at retail stores
Commemorative Sega Dreamcast case styled after the original Shenmue Dreamcast case

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1169627550114603008

Seems like another shitty forced bundle with how slow they are selling. If people wanted the soundtrack just list it separately, and they would buy it separately. No reason for hundreds of the Vita copies to be forced bundled with a soundtrack.
Yeah it's smart of them to do so since I doubt the soundtrack would sell out on its own.

Is there really no purchase limit on the 2 Damascus gear games for Vita?  Seems crazy to not put any limit on it given how quick these Vita games sell out.

Wow I was 5 minutes late and still got the two Vita games, not a good indicator of quality but eh they looked interesting.

bread's done
Back