Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
You can still get a physical copy of Celeste. Just preorder from Best Buy or  get it on ebay if you need the PS4 version. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The excess Pax merchandise - such as the Snatcher case and the Shantae case - go up for sale at 10am EST today.  Gonna have to pass on all of them myself, too many actual games to buy this month.

The excess Pax merchandise - such as the Snatcher case and the Shantae case - go up for sale at 10am EST today. Gonna have to pass on all of them myself, too many actual games to buy this month.
I'm gonna try for Snatcher as a long time fan, but I really don't care if I get it or not, so if it's gone in seconds, no big deal.

Is there a reason the Pax West bundle's price went up from $119 to $127? I kinda wish I didn't get it because I thought it would be hard to get everything I wanted (Snatcher cassette and all the Shantae stuff) but looks like everything I wanted stayed in stock for quite a while... 

They may have fixed it, but it seems like inventory was incorrect on the Shantae soundtrack for a while. I was able to add 2500 to my cart even though the listing says only 1,300 were made.

Is there a reason the Pax West bundle's price went up from $119 to $127?
I noticed that too. I was going to go with the bundle since I wanted everything but the Vitamin Connection stuff and was willing to pay for the convenience of not missing something, but then the price was up this morning and everything but the bundle stayed in stock for at least 5 mins.

I got Planet of the Apes Last Frontier, Duck Game PS4 Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX PS4 I also got the Shantae 5 Opening Animation Project Soundtrack I didnt know it was more then 1 track I was thinking the cd was just the opening song 

Shipping/production updates since 8/30 below, changes in bold.

Marked as Shipped/Removed from Production Updates since 8/30:

• A Hole New World NES OST
  • Toe Jam & Earl Funkothon Retro Cases
  • The House in Fata Morgana (Vita CE + PS4 CE)
  • The Messenger (PS4 + Switch)
  • Oddworld: New & Tasty (PS3 CE)
  • Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (PS4)
  • Bubsy: Paws on Fire (Switch)
  • Giga Wrecker Alt (PS4 CE + Switch CE)

Shipping in Progress/Shipping "Soon"

• Momodora (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Atari Flashback Collection (Vita Deluxe)
  • Minit (PS4 + Switch)
  • Psychonauts (PS4)
  • Mercenary Kings (PS4)
  • Teslagrad (Vita)
  • Dragon's Lair Trilogy (Switch)
  • Accounting+ (PS4)
  • Transistor (PS4)
  • Red Faction (PS4)
  • Gravity Ghost (PS4)
  • Project Lux (PSVR)
  • Frog Fractions 2 (PC)
  • Super ComboMan (PS4)
  • Slime-san (PS4)
  • Red Matter (PSVR)
  • Teslagrad (Switch)
  • Timespinner (PS4)
  • Revenant Dogma (Vita)
September

• Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (N64 + N64 CE)
  • Mercenary Kings (PS4 CE)
  • Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (PS4 CE)
  • Dragon's Lair Trilogy (Switch CE)
  • Freedom Planet (PS4 + PS4 CE)
  • Psychonauts (PS4 CE)
  • Accounting+ (PS4 CE)
  • Corpse Killer (PS4 + PS4 CE)
  • Star Wars (GameBoy + GameBoy CE)
  • Star Wars (NES + NES CE)
  • Rogue Legacy (PS4)
  • Metal Slug 3 (PS4)
  • Hover (PS4)
  • Tharsis (PS4)
  • Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (NES + NES CE + Game Boy + Game Boy CE)
October

• Celeste (PS4 + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE + PC CE)
  • Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX (PS4 + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE)
  • River City Girls (PS4 + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE)
  • Revenant Dogma (PS4)
  • Transistor (Switch + Switch CE + PS4 CE)
  • Bard's Tale (PS4)
  • Freedom Planet (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Teslagrad (Switch CE)
  • Red Faction (PS4 CE)
  • Red Faction Vinyl
  • Hover (Vinyl + Artbook)
November

• Damascus Gear: Operation Osaka (PS4)
  • Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo (PS4)
  • Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (PS4 + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE)
  • Rogue Legacy (Switch)
  • Double Switch (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Double Switch (PC CE)
  • Timespinner (Switch)
  • Turok (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Turok 2: Seeds of Evil (Switch + Switch CE)

• Jay and Silent Bob: Mall Brawl (NES  + NES CE)
  • Jay and Silent Bob: Mall Brawl Triple Threat (NES)

No Date/TBA

• Double Switch Vinyl
  • AI: The Somnium Files (PC)
  • River City Girls Vinyl
  • Damascus Gear: Operation Osaka (Vita/Soundtrack Bundle)
  • Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo (Vita/Sountrack Bundle)
  • Shenmue III (PS4 CE)
  • PAX West Merch
  • Duck Game (PS4  + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE)
  • Planet of the Apes: The Last Frontier (PS4)

Of note:

• LRG has already shipped more games in September than they did in August (11 SKUs in September to-date, 10 in August)
  • Celeste finally gor a date of October.
  • LRG has 99 separate sold SKUs pending shipment. Considering a lot of these are open pre-orders we don't know the exact quantities, but if we estimate low at 2,000 then they need to ship about 198k units of already-sold product.This is up three SKUs from two weeks ago.
  • Last year, in Q3/Q4 LRG wasn't able to get their games pushed through Sony's production process due to a lot of other big name games being released and needing that factory time. I expect the same to happen this year, which will only compound the delays.
  • LRG lists over 20 games as shipping now or shipping soon, if their current pace keeps up that will take them through October to ship out (not including items listed as September/October). I believe everything in this category is stuff they have on hand so hopefully the pace picks up, but I would interpret anything listed as September for October/November and so on if you're trying to figure out when you'll get your items.

https://youtu.be/Q6yadDC8XYg

My SRG minit came in. These guys are killing the limited scene with their releases imo. Price point and presentation and game selection I couldn't ask for more.

Got in on the second chance run of The Messenger right before it sold out and was stoked. Sucks it doesn't come with the preorder box but it's nice just to have one.

9 copies of the September 13th Mega-Bundle 

8 copies left of Damascus Gear Operation Tokyo (PS4)

8 copies left of Damascus Gear Operation Osaka (PS4)

16 copies left of Duck Game Deluxe Edition (PS4)

now

7 copies of the September 13th Mega-Bundle 

3 copies left of Damascus Gear Operation Tokyo (PS4)

4 copies left of Damascus Gear Operation Osaka (PS4)

13 copies left of Duck Game Deluxe Edition (PS4)

In Kecmo's defense, they really are masters of what they do. However, what they do are short, cookie-cutter JRPGs. They're mostly fine but rarely better.

I still have my copy of Legend of the Ghost Lion for NES.....it’s humorous that 25 years later that’s still Kemco’s bread and butter.

that's super interesting!

I already played this on ps3 but the fact that they are working with IF gives me hope now for a physical Mary Skelter 2 on switch.

Edit: Also big thanks to Doug, because i know he's the one hustling to get these niche Japanese games. Josh n company aren't at all interested in these genres.

that's super interesting!

I already played this on ps3 but the fact that they are working with IF gives me hope now for a physical Mary Skelter 2 on switch.

Edit: Also big thanks to Doug, because i know he's the one hustling to get these niche Japanese games. Josh n company aren't at all interested in these genres.
It's actually an enhanced PS4/Steam port with added content (and massively discounted.) I wasn't too big of a fan of the switch port because it had a lot of slowdown they eventually "fixed" by forcing a loading screen after entering a dungeon.

coming Tuesday, September 17th, 2019 12pm est

Metal Storm (NES)

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/neo-frontpage/products/metal-storm-nes

Metal Storm Collector's Edition (NES)

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/neo-frontpage/products/metal-storm-collectors-edition-nes

Limited Run Games exclusive Metallic Chrome Metal Storm 8-Bit Cartridge with dust cover compatible with original NES® and Retro-Bit® consoles

Hard Embossed Collector’s Box to safely store all collectibles

Collectible retail box to keep your cartridge in pristine condition

Original Metal Storm Art Prints

Exclusive Double Sided Poster

Retro-Bit Limited Edition Enamel Pin

Numbered Certificate of authenticity

Full-color instruction manual with all information to enhance gameplay

Collector’s figurine of M-308 Gunner

Only 3,000 copies of this Collector's Edition will be available and sold through Limited Run Games!

Urgghh...

I've held off on the last few NES releases. (and gameboy releases) I felt no need for them. I don't need Star Wars games that I know to be inferior versions. I don't need a Jay and Silent Bob indie game.

But that Metal Storm. They might have me on that one. Metal Storm is one of my personal favorites on the NES. I've beaten both campaigns of that game on the original hardware. Dangling an Irem classic like this in front of me is just cruel.

Any opinions on Downwell coming from SRG tomorrow? Thought it seemed like a decent deal but the digital version is only $3 vs $30 physical.

Urgghh...

I've held off on the last few NES releases. (and gameboy releases) I felt no need for them. I don't need Star Wars games that I know to be inferior versions. I don't need a Jay and Silent Bob indie game.

But that Metal Storm. They might have me on that one. Metal Storm is one of my personal favorites on the NES. I've beaten both campaigns of that game on the original hardware. Dangling an Irem classic like this in front of me is just cruel.
I feel the same way. Also a legit copy of Metal Storm complete(box, manual, poster) is around $350-500 so this one makes sense. Not those shitty $10 Star Wars games that don't deserve CE's. Metal Storm will be over $50 with shipping, so this is a case where going for the CE isn't too bad.

coming Tuesday, September 17th, 2019 12pm est

Metal Storm (NES)

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/neo-frontpage/products/metal-storm-collectors-edition-nes

Limited Run Games exclusive Metallic Chrome Metal Storm 8-Bit Cartridge with dust cover compatible with original NES® and Retro-Bit® consoles

Only 3,000 copies of this Collector's Edition will be available and sold through Limited Run Games!
I hate that I’m actually considering this but like it’s been mentioned it’s not a bad idea considering this game is usually on the high value and it’s extremely fun.

Any opinions on Downwell coming from SRG tomorrow? Thought it seemed like a decent deal but the digital version is only $3 vs $30 physical.
I'm probably getting it. I picked it up for $1.50 or something like that and loved it. I still like my physical games and Downwell is a hell of a lot better than what some of these asshat companies are putting out. Maybe I'm getting cranky and cynical, but I'd much rather have my $30 go toward supporting Downwell instead of the umpteenth cookie-cutter Madden/COD/2K/Assassin's Creed/loot shooter. That way Moppin gets a little extra funding to make another game that's actually fun and original.

Plus the Flip Grip is a nice bonus (at least for Switch owners).

coming Tuesday, September 17th, 2019 12pm est

Metal Storm (NES)

looks like castlemania games will be selling this too. standard edition is the same however the CE has a blue cart instead or LRG's silver. goes live at 8AM PST.
https://castlemaniagames.com/collections/frontpage/products/metalstorm-collectors-edition

Metal Storm is the same game we got just with an intro animation and some text with the final boss.  There are patches out there to play the jp version in english already.  I mean, if you just want to play the game.  Honestly, even though it was a solid game, it wasn't one of my favorites on NES (and I was hugely into NES gaming & collecting through all of the 90's).

Metal Storm is the same game we got just with an intro animation and some text with the final boss. There are patches out there to play the jp version in english already. I mean, if you just want to play the game. Honestly, even though it was a solid game, it wasn't one of my favorites on NES (and I was hugely into NES gaming & collecting through all of the 90's).
True, but it also costs hundreds of dollars if I want to seek out an original NES cartridge copy.

True, but it also costs hundreds of dollars if I want to seek out an original NES cartridge copy.
I mainly was hoping to inform people that read the listing and saw it say that it was the first time ever the game came over and not realize it's the same overall content as the version we got.

If you don't already have the game and don't want to emulate it, this is definitely a good way to go if you are cool with buying repros instead of having the originals.

I'm not so into random repros of rare games for the sake of making money, BUT that CE is really dope. As long as they're taking the original version and adding onto it with stuff like collectible figures I love the idea.

I'd love an adventure island 1-4 box set with figures made from game sprites!

Anyone who did lrg blind boxes in the past, are they cheaper than buying the game standard? Or are they a $35 gamble? I haven't gotten many switch games from them and I'd like to buy $100 worth next chance I get.

bread's done
Back