Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I'm not so into random repros of rare games for the sake of making money, BUT that CE is really dope. As long as they're taking the original version and adding onto it with stuff like collectible figures I love the idea.

I'd love an adventure island 1-4 box set with figures made from game sprites!

Anyone who did lrg blind boxes in the past, are they cheaper than buying the game standard? Or are they a $35 gamble? I haven't gotten many switch games from them and I'd like to buy $100 worth next chance I get.
I believe Switch blind boxes were $30 each last time they did them. Since a lot of the Switch games they sell are $35 and above, there's a decent chance you will get a deal on some of them, as long as you don't get duplicates.

I wouldn't do blind boxes. Of the ones I did all of them are now being sold or have been sold. You may get something awesome, but have a better chance to get good or OK type games. Regretted it right away.

Last edited by a moderator:
People already do that though. The packaging quality varies, but they do. If they were official re-releases, then you have my attention (though Illbleed is SEGA, so I doubt it).
is that some dude burning an image to disc to sell on ebay cuz that doesn't sound legal with your 'If they were official re-releases' comment.

is that some dude burning an image to disc to sell on ebay cuz that doesn't sound legal with your 'If they were official re-releases' comment.
You misunderstand. There are online shops (actual websites) that make repos, and of not just Dreamcast games. And its legal because they sell them as reproductions and the assumption is that the purchaser owns the original game. Obviously it's illegal otherwise.

My, "if they were official re-releases" comment was in regards to LRGs re-releasing Dreamcast games.

You misunderstand. There are online shops (actual websites) that make repos, and of not just Dreamcast games. And its legal because they sell them as reproductions and the assumption is that the purchaser owns the original game. Obviously it's illegal otherwise.

My, "if they were official re-releases" comment was in regards to LRGs re-releasing Dreamcast games.
I would never buy repros from unoffici sellers, such as those you can find on etsy. I'm talking about rereleases, which is the term I should have used. Homemade repros are of questionable legality, and lets not kid ourselves, a very very smalk segment of those buyers actually own a legal copy of the game

Illbleed is an expensive game now, and it would be nice to have a chance to get a legit copy at a reasonable pruce where at least some of the money goes back to the publisher/developer.

This title had the unfortunate fate of coming out near the Dreamcast's last breath, getting a stiffed print run and barely any marketing. It's hardly a great game, but I've heard it's one of those very strange, super Japanese games.

I just got the Giga Wrecker Alt. CE for Switch in the mail and I'm a bit disappointed. The product page says:

• Beautiful foil stamped outer box
  • Removable slip-cover with Nintendo Switch branding elements
Which implied to me something like Sega has been doing with their Steelbooks - an acetate sleeve with Switch branding over the "beautiful" foil stamped "outer" box.

Nope! The outer sleeve is just a paper sleeve with the same art, a Switch logo, and ESRB rating. Behind it is the "outer" box, which has the "beautiful" foil stamped side bar. What is the point of the outer sleeve? Oh, I think I know. Nintendo probably requires their boxes to have Switch branding and ESRB rating but they didn't want to create a whole new box, they just used the same CE box for all platforms. Instead of going classy with a plastic sleeve, since they had to put something over the original box, they went with a bland paper wrap.

I realize they didn't deliver anything they didn't say, but the word choice and the fact that the slip-cover was called out as a bonus over the PS4 version leave me disappointed.

Those repros are not legal. Copyright law still applies and just because you own the original game does not mean you have the right to purchase additional physical copies of that game that are unlicensed. Not sure where you are getting your legal advice.

Those repros are not legal. Copyright law still applies and just because you own the original game does not mean you have the right to purchase additional physical copies of that game that are unlicensed. Not sure where you are getting your legal advice.
Alright then you arrest them. I said it was legal under the assumption and obviously illegal otherwise. I don't know where you got your reading skills from.

Alright then you arrest them. I said it was legal under the assumption and obviously illegal otherwise. I don't know where you got your reading skills from.
It's not legal in any respect. Whether you own the game or not doesn't give a third party the right to sell you a repro of that game without permission from the copyright holder. They get away with it because publishers have better things to do than to go after small time crooks.

Remember when people just said "you'll get your shit eventually" thousands of time, each time as if they were the first to come up with it before the place was over run by armchair self proclqimed lawyers saying a bunch of nonsense because it sounds good?

Pepridge farms does.

Passed on ASDivine Hearts II, and passing on Fairy Fencer F. But I went ahead and got a copy of Duck Game for the Switch, the collectors edition of Metal Storm, and a copy of Siralim 3 for the PS4. I already have Siralim 1 and 2 on the Vita.

Siralim and Asdivine are selling quickly... There is no purchase limit, and there are less than 100-200 copies left of each. Not sure if they reserved a portion for a second batch or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Siralim and Asdivine are selling quickly... There is no purchase limit, and there are less than 100-200 copies left of each. Not sure if they reserved a portion for a second batch or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The bundle sold out in under a minute but they probably only had 50 or so available. Never fails, LRG always underestimates the stock in a "good" bundle like this (no duplicates, just one of each game) and always allows the bloated bundles (some with 4 copies of the same game) to sit for days because they allocated two much stock.

And yes, people can buy the games separately but the bundles provide an extra 3 trading cards and a guaranteed gold trading card (which can be hard to get).

I was able to add it to my cart about 15sec before 10am
And you still missed out?

Maybe its browser related? I was using Firefox and the bundle only became available for me once the counter stopped at exactly 10:00. I started checking about 45 seconds before.

Surprised that Asdivine and Siralim are selling so quickly. I was in a meeting and thought I'd be fine to pick them up afterward. Oh well, the afternoon batches usually last a bit longer so I'll try again then.

Also, for what it's worth, Duck Game PS4 has a trophy bug, and LRG has been silent about the inclusion of any patches. So if you buy it, be aware you may be getting a bugged game.

Surprised that Asdivine and Siralim are selling so quickly. I was in a meeting and thought I'd be fine to pick them up afterward. Oh well, the afternoon batches usually last a bit longer so I'll try again then.

Also, for what it's worth, Duck Game PS4 has a trophy bug, and LRG has been silent about the inclusion of any patches. So if you buy it, be aware you may be getting a bugged game.
I mean, they're not called the RPG Masters for no reason!

Best Buy stores are only getting 1-3 copies of Aegis Defenders. They got burned in the past by how much they ordered but I don't know why they bothered if it's not enough stock to even list it on the website.

Best Buy stores are only getting 1-3 copies of Aegis Defenders. They got burned in the past by how much they ordered but I don't know why they bothered if it's not enough stock to even list it on the website.
Is it available now or is there a firm date when copies will arrive in stores?

No 100% sure but I believe it came out today. Every store in my area has at least 1 copy and they were shipped in with Ni no Kuni.

I'm surprised BB stocked any LRG releases.

successfully price matched Monster Boy and Cursed Kingdom for $19.97 (GS price) with Best Buy. glad the agent was so helpful!

I'm surprised Siralim has flown so low under the radar. There isn't a lot like it out there, it's a fun and very well-done monster catcher series. If anyone's on the fence I'd personally recommend it.

I'm surprised Siralim has flown so low under the radar. There isn't a lot like it out there, it's a fun and very well-done monster catcher series. If anyone's on the fence I'd personally recommend it.
I am quite a bit surprised that Asdivine Hearts 2 sold out quicker than Siralim 3, and at $5 more than it should be priced. I guess generic Kemco RPGs truly are beloved.

I am quite a bit surprised that Asdivine Hearts 2 sold out quicker than Siralim 3, and at $5 more than it should be priced. I guess generic Kemco RPGs truly are beloved.
izr2KFq.png

Have any of you guys received your copies of Transistor yet? LRG said they were being shipped out this month. Month's almost over and I still haven't received it.

Have any of you guys received your copies of Transistor yet? LRG said they were being shipped out this month. Month's almost over and I still haven't received it.
They haven't shipped out yet. Presumably it'll be soon but I don't know what their prioritization is and they have quite a few items on-hand.

So wasn’t Best Buy supposed to get the Switch version of Momodora? I’m pretty sure that game shipped out earlier this month. Usually they would have preorders up by now.

So wasn’t Best Buy supposed to get the Switch version of Momodora? I’m pretty sure that game shipped out earlier this month. Usually they would have preorders up by now.
According to the description on the LRG site BB will be getting copies, but like Bojay said it could be in store only.

The copy I ordered from LRG just arrived yesterday so they are still being sent out it seems.

According to the description on the LRG site BB will be getting copies, but like Bojay said it could be in store only.

The copy I ordered from LRG just arrived yesterday so they are still being sent out it seems.
That’s good to know. I guess I’ll be checking in store from time to time. It just kind of sucks if it is in store only, cause there is no known release date for when Best Buy is supposed to get it. Hopefully this doesn’t become a trend for future LRG releases.

By the way, how did people even know about the Aegis Defenders release? Did someone just go in store and see it and then reported back here?

That’s good to know. I guess I’ll be checking in store from time to time. It just kind of sucks if it is in store only, cause there is no known release date for when Best Buy is supposed to get it. Hopefully this doesn’t become a trend for future LRG releases.

By the way, how did people even know about the Aegis Defenders release? Did someone just go in store and see it and then reported back here?
I think Tyrok first reported it in this thread:

No 100% sure but I believe it came out today. Every store in my area has at least 1 copy and they were shipped in with Ni no Kuni.

SKU for aegis defenders at Best Buy, I love when all the employees just want to do is check the app and not rss. =/ The store I bought it from only had 2 copies, not sure if anyone else bought one before me but the guy told me they were in a box in the back.

bread's done
Back