Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Momodora is up on Best Buy now. Pretty funny considering I just asked about this yesterday.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/momodora-reverie-under-the-moonlight-nintendo-switch/6380880.p?skuId=6380880&irclickid=1VQRgzT%3AcxyJRvD0MKVSfWfHUkn07YURT3cmw40&irgwc=1&ref=198&loc=312361&acampID=660629

The artwork is really nice. I actually like it more than the LRG version.
Not me. That's a case where I'm glad I ordered the LRG version. I think the only time when there was a chance I preferred the Best Buy art was Giga Wrecker Alt. The rest aren't even close for me. I picked up Aegis Defenders at Best Buy and it took a second to figure out what I was even looking at.

SKU for aegis defenders at Best Buy, I love when all the employees just want to do is check the app and not rss. =/ The store I bought it from only had 2 copies, not sure if anyone else bought one before me but the guy told me they were in a box in the back.

It could have been the general BB app or possibly it was the employee only app that lets them check the actual stock and location of items. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Momodora is up on Best Buy now. Pretty funny considering I just asked about this yesterday.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/momodora-reverie-under-the-moonlight-nintendo-switch/6380880.p?skuId=6380880&irclickid=1VQRgzT%3AcxyJRvD0MKVSfWfHUkn07YURT3cmw40&irgwc=1&ref=198&loc=312361&acampID=660629

The artwork is really nice. I actually like it more than the LRG version.
I absolutely love the Best Buy cover for this game. I'm fond of the original, too, but this is way more unique and striking.

They've had a deal with them for several Switch games that had different cover art. Were you not aware of those?
Yes, I'm well aware. I have about half of the LRG games that BB stocks. My point is I am surprised BB even bothered to stock any LRG games. They can't be big sellers so to see Tyrok say BB has been burned on previous LRG titles doesn't surprise me.

Big thanks to Tyrok for the heads up on Aegis Defenders at Best Buy!  Picked up the last (and only) copy at the BB by my work today.  Had to ask for it by name since it wasn't on the shelf (it was in the game cage behind checkout).

Has LRG ever stated how many copies BB ordered of it?  If I had to guess based on store stock, it would be between 2500 and 3000.

Big thanks to Tyrok for the heads up on Aegis Defenders at Best Buy! Picked up the last (and only) copy at the BB by my work today. Had to ask for it by name since it wasn't on the shelf (it was in the game cage behind checkout).

Has LRG ever stated how many copies BB ordered of it? If I had to guess based on store stock, it would be between 2500 and 3000.
Aegis Defenders got 4,000 copies printed for Switch.

Source:
http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4818

Are LRG Bubsy and LRG Aegis the lowest alternate cover prints at 1,000 and 1,500? Or are there games getting smaller alternate cover prints?
Since they don't share numbers often anymore it's impossible to tell. Given that they have to either pack the games themselves or use a 3rd party packer, they can make a limited cover version of any switch (same for 3DS) release in as small a quantity as they want. I would expect some trade show variant to be the smallest variant. Though they could, for example, do a single copy variant of a game if they wanted... though they'd have to push it through esrb which might make it financially dumb to do unless there's no added cost for multiple covers.

Big thanks to Tyrok for the heads up on Aegis Defenders at Best Buy! Picked up the last (and only) copy at the BB by my work today. Had to ask for it by name since it wasn't on the shelf (it was in the game cage behind checkout).

Has LRG ever stated how many copies BB ordered of it? If I had to guess based on store stock, it would be between 2500 and 3000.
the best buy I went to today I also had to ask for the game they told me they only got 3 copies

Oh wow blazing chrome definitely. It'll be my first lrg purchase in so long! The only pending order I have is Celeste.

Edit: I had no idea there was a new contra until yesterday. I was like oh hell yeah and then I watched a review where even IGN roasted it and was super disappointed. Not that I trust IGN but it was universally panned.

BTW I was stunned to learn that the new Contra is also out physically. They put this shit out on disc but none of their pretty good compilations. KONAMI as usual.
Until those collections on psn hit 10 bucks each I was holding out hope they would do a "konami kollection" or something of them all on a disc.

I can't hate on them too much since they are doing the turbograx 16 mini which will let me forgive a lot.

A pin, poster, and soundtrack for $35 more?! $15, maybe $20, but none of that stuff together is worth more than the game.
Agreed. LRG knows this is a highly wanted game so they jacked the price of the CE as much as they could knowing they will sell quickly regardless.

At least the standard is an open preorder and will likely be sold at BB, so I'll give them that.

Agreed. LRG knows this is a highly wanted game so they jacked the price of the CE as much as they could knowing they will sell quickly regardless.

At least the standard is an open preorder and will likely be sold at BB, so I'll give them that.
so far only Ms. Splosion Man (switch) is listed as coming to bestbuy of the games on sale friday

Any comparison of PS4 vs switch for blazing chrome? Would rather get the switch version but the bloodstained debacle has me iffy
I believe there will be little if any differences between the two versions of Blazing Chrome. All the reviews I've read indicate that it runs just fine on the Switch. This makes sense, as they went with a much more retro aesthetic with this game, and stuck to 2D graphics for most of the visuals and effects.

Part of the issue that showed up with Bloodstained was that Igarashi went with a much more graphically intensive style, and decided to use Unreal Engine to implement it. The highly detailed style they went with for that game isn't going to perform as well on a modest hardware platform like the Switch. There was a lot of normal mapping and more complex and dynamic lighting models in the final game. That sort of thing can really tax the GPU. Blazing Chrome does not seem to be anywhere in the same area in terms of graphics. It's intentionally trying to ape the style of 16-bit run-and-gun titles like Contra.

Basically, take your pick on which platform you favor, they'll both probably run fine.

oof, I'm also interested in what would of been the alternate cover art for blazing chrome for best buy
Darn - was hoping to get away from shipping costs. And river city girls haven’t shown up as preorder in B.B. yet.

Any comparison of PS4 vs switch for blazing chrome? Would rather get the switch version but the bloodstained debacle has me iffy
Buying any cross platform game on the switch is always the wrong choice unless the only system you own is a switch.

Not dogging the system. I have one. Of course I hadn't turned it on in months till I started links awakening today. But it is by far the worst hardware across the board and has the worst online of any modern game system or PC. Not to mention switch games are generally more expensive than say the ps4 version, in most cases that is of course.

Buying any cross platform game on the switch is always the wrong choice unless the only system you own is a switch.

Not dogging the system. I have one. Of course I hadn't turned it on in months till I started links awakening today. But it is by far the worst hardware across the board and has the worst online of any modern game system or PC. Not to mention switch games are generally more expensive than say the ps4 version, in most cases that is of course.
It has portability. Some people value that. Especially when we're talking about Indie and 1080p games.

Lol that CE. I started out loving lrg but they really lived long enough to see themselves become the villain.

Whatever. As long as they continue to occasionally put out something good they'll keep getting my money.

Shipping/production updates since 9/13 below, changes in bold.

Marked as shipped since 9/13:

• Momodora (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Teslagrad (Vita)
  • Project Lux (PSVR)
  • Dragon's Lair Trilogy (Switch + CE)
  • Revenant Dogma (Vita)
  • Gravity Ghost (PS4)
  • Dragon's Lair Trilogy (Switch CE)

Shipping in Progress/Shipping "Soon"/In Hand

• Hover (PS4)
  • Freedom Planet (PS4)
  • Rogue Legacy (PS4 + Switch)
  • PAX West Merch
  • Psychonauts (PS4 + CE)
  • Mercenary Kings (PS4)
  • Accounting+ (PS4 + CE)
  • Transistor (PS4 + Switch)
  • Red Faction (PS4)
  • Frog Fractions 2 (PC)
  • Super ComboMan (PS4)
  • Slime-san (PS4)
  • Red Matter (PSVR)
  • Teslagrad (Switch)
  • Timespinner (PS4)
October

• Double Switch Vinyl
  • Atari Flashback Collection (Vita Deluxe)
  • Accounting+ (PS4 CE)
  • Corpse Killer (PS4)
  • Mercenary Kings (PS4 CE)
  • Tharsis (PS4)
  • Freedom Planet (PS4 CE)
  • Metal Slug 3 (PS4)
  • Damascus Gear: Operation Osaka (Vita/Soundtrack Bundle)
  • Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo (Vita/Sountrack Bundle)
  • Double Switch (Switch)
  • Planet of the Apes: The Last Frontier (PS4)
  • Double Switch (PC CE)
  • Celeste (PS4 + Switch)
  • Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX (PS4 + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE)
  • River City Girls (PS4 + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE)
  • Transistor (Switch CE + PS4 CE)
  • Bard's Tale (PS4)
  • Freedom Planet (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Teslagrad (Switch CE)
  • Red Faction Vinyl
  • Hover (Vinyl + Artbook)
November

• River City Girls Vinyl
  • Corpse Killer (PS4 CE)
  • Celeste (PS4 CE + Switch CE + PC CE)
  • Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (PS4 CE)
  • Revenant Dogma (PS4)
  • Red Faction (PS4 CE)
  • Shenmue III (PS4 CE)
  • Duck Game (PS4)
  • Fairy Fencer F (Switch)
  • Metal Storm (NES + NES CE)
  • Damascus Gear: Operation Osaka (PS4 + PS4 Soundtrack Bundle)
  • Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo (PS4 + PS4 Soundtrack Bundle)
  • Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (PS4 + Switch)
  • Double Switch (Switch CE)
  • Timespinner (Switch)
December

• Turok (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Turok 2: Seeds of Evil (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (PS4 CE + Switch CE)
  • Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (N64 + N64 CE)
  • Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (NES + NES CE + Game Boy + Game Boy CE)
  • Star Wars (GameBoy + GameBoy CE)
  • Star Wars (NES + NES CE)
  • Duck Game (Switch)
January

• Duck Game (PS4 CE + Switch CE)

Early 2020

• Jay and Silent Bob: Mall Brawl (NES  + NES CE)
  • Jay and Silent Bob: Mall Brawl Triple Threat (NES)

No Date/TBA

• AI: The Somnium Files (PC)
  • Siralim 3 (PS4)
  • Asdivine Hearts (PS4)
  • Serial Cleaner (PS4)
  • Ms. Splosion Man (Switch)
  • Blazing Chrome (PS4 + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE)

Of note:

• We officially passed the 100 mark this week. LRG has 103 separate sold SKUs pending shipment. Considering a lot of these are open pre-orders we don't know the exact quantities, but if we estimate low at 2,000 then they need to ship about 206k units of already-sold product.This is up four SKUs from two weeks ago.
  • LRG introduced a new production updates page that makes this much harder to prepare. Games that are on-hand but not shipped are now removed from the page, so I did some snooping around to find out what really had been shipped versus what was sitting in their warehouse.
  • LRG has already shipped 20 SKUs in September, doubling what they shipped in August
  • Last year, in Q3/Q4 LRG wasn't able to get their games pushed through Sony's production process due to a lot of other big name games being released and needing that factory time. I expect the same to happen this year, which will only compound the delays.
  • All of the Star Wars games on non-PS4 consoles got pushed into December, despite originally being listed as August/September. I'm guessing the manufacturing time for retro consoles is longer than they thought.

We officially passed the 100 mark this week. LRG has 103 separate sold SKUs pending shipment. Considering a lot of these are open pre-orders we don't know the exact quantities, but if we estimate low at 2,000 then they need to ship about 206k units of already-sold product.This is up four SKUs from two weeks ago.
It's probably safe to estimate 3K copies given how well Switch games are selling and how BB is getting a separate allotment for many games. Plus fewer vita games means fewer tiny runs.

So easily 309K units minimum of already sold product in my estimate. It's probably more like 400 to 500K, but 309K is surely a safe guess.

I applaud your effort in making the updates. They don't make it easy but you still do a heck of a great job on this for the community.

:applause:

Josh stated they have the first 15000 copies of River City Girls in hand, just need to print the manual and cover.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1176671841672486912?s=19

Also for anyone interested, Power Rangers Battle for the Grid just announced their season 2 pass, and I know that just went to print, so anything past the season 1 content probably won't be on cart/disc.

I wound up buying the Switch digital version on sale even though I bought the physical, and I'm enjoying it. Characters are definitely unique between each other, and glad a story mode got added.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The Blazing Chrome CE would have looked really nice in one of those SNES-inspired boxes they used for Iconoclasts CE and a couple others.  Really not sure why they went with the VHS theme (guess it has something to do with the game since I haven't played it yet).  But graphically it looks like a SNES game.

The Blazing Chrome CE would have looked really nice in one of those SNES-inspired boxes they used for Iconoclasts CE and a couple others. Really not sure why they went with the VHS theme (guess it has something to do with the game since I haven't played it yet). But graphically it looks like a SNES game.
I have played the game a bunch on Gamepass and a VHS theme has nothing to do with the game.

The VHS theme is because of the key art they used on the VHS style box. That is it.

Any word if BB went through with the order on Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX? Debating buying since the LRG pre-order window closes tonight but would prefer to GCU it at BB.

Any word if BB went through with the order on Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX? Debating buying since the LRG pre-order window closes tonight but would prefer to GCU it at BB.
No final word but I don't think they've bailed yet on a game. One thing to keep in mind, Josh has stated BB will be getting less copies than Aegis Defenders and that was sold in store only so far (1 to 3 copies per store). Also there will be no alternate cover art for BB.

No final word but I don't think they've bailed yet on a game. One thing to keep in mind, Josh has stated BB will be getting less copies than Aegis Defenders and that was sold in store only so far (1 to 3 copies per store). Also there will be no alternate cover art for BB.
Thanks. It's a $10 swing...

That "BB may back out" text is obviously there just to cover their ass. There's no reason why they would when 1500 or fewer copies of a game is just a drop in the bucket to them.

It’s crazy to me that they are going to carry so few of the Gunvolt game. That seems like it would be one of the more popular titles from LRG and would need a larger quantity.

I was actually going to wait and get mine at Best Buy, but with there being so few of them makes me nervous I might miss out. It might not even be available at Best Buy by October 30th, which is when my GCU expires.

As Nothing mentioned, portability is a factor. Another is the fact that Switch games are on cartridges so if we're talking about collecting, carts are (imo) a better option due to their longevity. I've been collecting games for decades and would always prefer a game on a cartridge over a disc for durability alone. I've encountered more optical media based games than I can count that won't play due to scratches, cracks chips disc rot etc. but I've just about never had a cart that couldn't be resurrected from the dead. Hell I even managed to get a copy of Banjo-Tooie that had completely corroded contacts to play with a little elbow grease. Just my two cents on the matter.

bread's done
Back