Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
What is limited run’s stance on when the post office shows something was delivered but it wasn’t actually received? I’m out of town and had all my mail on hold at the post office. Everything, including packages, were supposed to be held until I returned. Everything seemed to be working fine until I noticed my copy of river city girls shows as being delivered to my house unlike all my other packages which shows they’re being held at the post office. I asked my neighbor to go get the package from my place but he says nothing is there. So either the post office is holding it and marking it as delivered, or it was stolen.

I’ll confirm with the post office when I return but I’m hoping if somehow the item was stolen that LRG will send a replacement. I’ve given them a lot of business and I’m hoping that will count for something. This is the first time anything like this has happened.
In the past they made the customer fill out a police report for the stolen package.

What is limited run’s stance on when the post office shows something was delivered but it wasn’t actually received? I’m out of town and had all my mail on hold at the post office. Everything, including packages, were supposed to be held until I returned. Everything seemed to be working fine until I noticed my copy of river city girls shows as being delivered to my house unlike all my other packages which shows they’re being held at the post office. I asked my neighbor to go get the package from my place but he says nothing is there. So either the post office is holding it and marking it as delivered, or it was stolen.

I’ll confirm with the post office when I return but I’m hoping if somehow the item was stolen that LRG will send a replacement. I’ve given them a lot of business and I’m hoping that will count for something. This is the first time anything like this has happened.
Yeah, they could have just scanned it as delivered, as my office does shit like that on the regular. As stated, they've asked for police reports, but they have also allowed for an item to be re-bought, but at your expense, if it shows the post office screwed up(as that's not really LRG fault). They may also ask for a letter from postal staff stating the left it at the wrong address, goofed up, etc.

I’ve had that happen during a mail hold and it was sitting at the post office. I think they scan it as delivered so it doesn’t negatively hurt their delivery metrics

Yeah, they could have just scanned it as delivered, as my office does shit like that on the regular. As stated, they've asked for police reports, but they have also allowed for an item to be re-bought, but at your expense, if it shows the post office screwed up(as that's not really LRG fault). They may also ask for a letter from postal staff stating the left it at the wrong address, goofed up, etc.
I had a Lego set get delivered to the wrong house and FedEx and I couldn’t track it down. Lego refunded me the money.

2 weeks later a neighbor finally decided to bring the package over. Maybe they were hoping for something better than Legos 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’ve had that happen during a mail hold and it was sitting at the post office. I think they scan it as delivered so it doesn’t negatively hurt their delivery metrics
Thank you everyone for the feedback. Fingers crossed the post office is just holding it. I’ll find out on Friday as that’s when I’ll be back and picking up all my held mail. Was really looking forward to playing River City Girls with my daughter so hoping it’s not lost/stolen.

I'll also point out that they use that shitty ups innovations service to send the package. I'm not a mail carrier but I do know the tracking with this service blows and way too often there's miscommunication between companies when tracking.

I'm not sure which website/service you're using for tracking but that could be a part of it too. Even if USPS they may have to mark it delivered to fulfill their half with ups somehow.

In my case I had another LRG order get marked as being held in the post office. That’s why I was surprised this one got marked as delivered. So when I return I should have 2 LRG packages waiting for me at the post office (Celeste and River City Girls). Hopefully that proves to be true as otherwise I have to discuss with the post office why they delivered something that should have been held.

In my case I had another LRG order get marked as being held in the post office. That’s why I was surprised this one got marked as delivered. So when I return I should have 2 LRG packages waiting for me at the post office (Celeste and River City Girls). Hopefully that proves to be true as otherwise I have to discuss with the post office why they delivered something that should have been held.
If they did deliver it, then you should be good, as the post office can provide proof it was their F**k UP, and then LRG should be good sending a replacement. Yeah, I've had packages on another route that should have been scanned as "mis-routed", but I've had those logged as delivered as well. More often than not, in certain situations, procedures need to be done, which may add more time to a busy day, and shortcuts are taken.

If this was any place else(UPS,FedEx, DHL), I would say to worry, but in regards to USPS, they so half ass 99% of what they do, any and everything can and could have happened here. Having shipped thousands of packages around the world for ages using USPS, "I know a thing or two, because I've seen a thing or two(the stories I could tell)" LOL

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1187085085356576768

LRG has announced a pretty significant change to the Celeste CE packaging. I know it wasn't intentional, but the revised packaging is a significant downgrade imho from what was being offered. What a debacle of a release.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1187198006040416256

LRG's claim is that they have the original packaging but it didn't work as expected and they received damaged plastic boxes. The first seems like something that should have been resolved before manufacturing and the second seems like a manufacturer's error that should be fixed. Announcing this 9 months after pre-order and shortly before shipment is really lame.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1187085085356576768

LRG has announced a pretty significant change to the Celeste CE packaging. I know it wasn't intentional, but the revised packaging is a significant downgrade imho from what was being offered. What a debacle of a release.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1187198006040416256

LRG's claim is that they have the original packaging but it didn't work as expected and they received damaged plastic boxes. The first seems like something that should have been resolved before manufacturing and the second seems like a manufacturer's error that should be fixed. Announcing this 9 months after pre-order and shortly before shipment is really lame.
You are correct. That would be a manufacturing error and the manufacturer should replace the products. Unless LRG signed off on everything and are now trying to shift blame.

Apparently IFFY will also be selling Azur Lane from their online store.  With free shipping and no tax for most it may be worth it to just buy from them.

Received an email that they are shipping river city girls yesterday. Hopefully I’ll get an email for metal slug 3 within the next 5 days

Definitely placing an order today.  Want both Costume Quest 2 and BPM for Switch, and might as well order Thea as well since I've been meaning to get it.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1187761160399011845

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1187753289540161536

LRG decided to split up the Rocketbirds releases apparently.

Shipping/production updates since 10/11 below, changes in bold.

Shipped since 10/11:

• Rogue Legacy (PS4 + Switch)
  • Transistor (PS4)
  • Red Faction (PS4)
  • Frog Fractions 2 (PC)
  • Red Matter (PSVR)
  • Accounting+ (PS4 CE)
  • Celeste (PS4 + Switch)
  • River City Girls (Switch)

Shipping in Progress/Shipping "Soon"/In Hand

• Double Switch (Switch)
  • Double Switch Vinyl
  • Corpse Killer (PS4)
  • Tharsis (PS4)
  • Metal Slug 3 (PS4)
  • Damascus Gear: Operation Osaka (Vita Soundtrack Bundle)
  • Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo (Vita Soundtrack Bundle)
  • River City Girls (PS4)
  • Bard's Tale (PS4)
  • Freedom Planet (PS4 CE+ Switch CE)
  • Red Faction Vinyl
  • Planet of the Apes: The Last Frontier (PS4)
  • Damascus Gear: Operation Osaka (PS4 + PS4 Soundtrack Bundle)
  • Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo (PS4 + PS4 Soundtrack Bundle)
  • Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (PS4 + Switch)
  • Timespinner (PS4)
  • Duck Game (PS4 + Switch)
  • Atari Flashback Collection (Vita Deluxe)
  • Teslagrad (Switch CE)
  • Deadbolt (Vita)
  • Hover (PS4)
  • Mercenary Kings (PS4 + PS4 CE)
  • Super ComboMan (PS4)
  • Slime-san (PS4)
October

• Double Switch (PC CE)
  • Hover (Vinyl + Artbook)
November

• AI: The Somnium Files (PC)
  • Serial Cleaner (PS4)
  • Deadbolt (PS4)
  • River City Girls (PS4 CE + Switch CE)
  • The Shapeshifting Detective (PS4)
  • River City Girls Vinyl
  • Corpse Killer (PS4 CE)
  • Celeste (PS4 CE + Switch CE + PC CE)
  • Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (PS4 CE)
  • Revenant Dogma (PS4)
  • Red Faction (PS4 CE)
  • Shenmue III (PS4 CE)
  • Metal Storm (NES + NES CE)
  • Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (PS4 CE)
  • Double Switch (Switch CE)
  • Timespinner (Switch)
December

• Star Wars: Racer Revenge (PS4)
  • Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer (N64)
  • Turok (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Turok 2: Seeds of Evil (Switch + Switch CE)
  • Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (Switch CE)
  • Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (N64 + N64 CE)
  • Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (NES + NES CE + Game Boy + Game Boy CE)
  • Star Wars (GameBoy + GameBoy CE)
  • Star Wars (NES + NES CE)

"Q4"

• Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX (PS4 +  Switch + PS4 CE + Switch CE)

January

• Siralim 3 (PS4)
  • Blazing Chrome (PS4 + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE)
  • Duck Game (PS4 CE + Switch CE)

Q1 2020

• Jay and Silent Bob: Mall Brawl Triple Threat (Vinyl)
  • Jay and Silent Bob: Mall Brawl (NES  + NES CE)
  • Jay and Silent Bob: Mall Brawl Triple Threat (NES)

No Date/TBA

• Star Wars: Racer Revenge (PS4 CE)
  • Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer (N64 CE)
  • Costume Quest 2 (PS4 + PS4 CE)
  • Marenian Tavern Story (PS4)
  • Children of the Zodiarcs (PS4)
  • Battle Princess Madelyn (PS4)
  • Battle Princess Madelyn: Royal Edition (Switch)
  • Asdivine Hearts II (PS4)
  • Ms. Splosion Man (Switch)
  • Fairy Fencer F (Switch)
  • Wandersong (PS4 + PS4 CE + Switch + Switch CE)
  • System Shock (PC)
  • Thea: The Awakening

Of note:

• LRG has 103 separate sold SKUs pending shipment. Considering a lot of these are open pre-orders we don't know the exact quantities, but if we estimate low at 2,000 then they need to ship about 206k units of already-sold product.This has remained consistent for about a month.
  • LRG introduced a new production updates page that makes this much harder to prepare. Games that are on-hand but not shipped are now removed from the page, so I did some snooping around to find out what really had been shipped versus what was sitting in their warehouse.
  • LRG shipped 10 SKUs in the past two weeks. At this rate, it would take them 3 months to ship out everything on-hand. Everything that's not on hand will likely get bumped to next year between this and holidays, except stuff they're explicitly prioritizing like Celeste..
  • Celeste and River City Girls are getting prioritized in the shipping queue, so those dates will likely hold for standard editions.

It annoys me how much LRG ignores its customers who were expecting these two games to be released at the same time.

You have these games on hand there is no reason to space out these releases.
Yeah, Douglas had some weird convoluted explanation on Discord about how people complain that they can't get both in the cart on time. Then, he said something about they aren't ready for Vita to be over yet even though they only have the four remaining carts.

It annoys me how much LRG ignores its customers who were expecting these two games to be released at the same time.

You have these games on hand there is no reason to space out these releases.
Yeah, Douglas had some weird convoluted explanation on Discord about how people complain that they can't get both in the cart on time. Then, he said something about they aren't ready for Vita to be over yet even though they only have the four remaining carts.
Yeah, this is fuck -tardery of epic proportions, and is beyond not surprising. I asked 6 months ago could all these last releases be listed two together, so we are not wasting the funds on shipping for a single game. I agree 100% that trying to get 2 games at once can be a bad deal, but that became a problem damn near back in January, and NOW ITS AN ISSUE? Allowing for 2 copies most of the time is a bigger issue, than the few minutes most of us have to actually buy the games.

If this had been the plan once Vita games got insane popular near the end, no problem, but now that we have 4 games left, these guys want to correct problems we've been having for ages? I've supported LRG from the start and have loved what they have done in regards to physical, but I'm out after these last 4 Vita titles, and will be more than happy to get off this "Crazy Train".

To Josh & Doug, THANKS for all the great physical games, and for showing the industry that physical is viable still, even if not as much as it once was. And for all the 2 game limits(on super popular titles), beyond poor shipping updates of old, charging $5+ shipping for a free keychain, and last but not least, all those great CE filled with questionable value, I'll leave you both with this..................

tenor.gif

Then make it a Rocketbirds bundle. Simple solution.

The funny thing is I thought it would be tough to get both the Damascus Gear games for vita and I got both in my cart and checked out without a problem during the second batch because I missed the first batch.

This is just another poor excuse.

Then make it a Rocketbirds bundle. Simple solution.

The funny thing is I thought it would be tough to get both the Damascus Gear games for vita and I got both in my cart and checked out without a problem during the second batch because I missed the first batch.

This is just another poor excuse.
I agree. I think part of it is that they know that once Vita is done, they are going to lose a chunk of their audience and a lot of the hype around their releases. Sure, Switch is popular, but I don't think there has been 100% conversion of the Vita buyers to Switch and certainly I hear a lot more about Switch buyers picking and choosing rather than trying to full set.

I agree. I think part of it is that they know that once Vita is done, they are going to lose a chunk of their audience and a lot of the hype around their releases. Sure, Switch is popular, but I don't think there has been 100% conversion of the Vita buyers to Switch and certainly I hear a lot more about Switch buyers picking and choosing rather than trying to full set.
Yeah, I'm a Vita buyer who loves portable, and while I'm saving for my Switch Lite currently, I have no plans to buy anymore physical NS games. I bought a few early on, as I figured I would roll from Vita to NS, but I've just given up on physical at this point. And since "N" has unique codes for each retail game, it might as well be digital. As I often buy used and this isn't an option anymore, as systems can be blocked strictly due to an issue with a used game.

Yeah, I'm a Vita buyer who loves portable, and while I'm saving for my Switch Lite currently, I have no plans to buy anymore physical NS games. I bought a few early on, as I figured I would roll from Vita to NS, but I've just given up on physical at this point. And since "N" has unique codes for each retail game, it might as well be digital. As I often buy used and this isn't an option anymore, as systems can be blocked strictly due to an issue with a used game.
Has that been a problem with Switch games? I've bought a ton of them used and they've always worked fine for me.

Has that been a problem with Switch games? I've bought a ton of them used and they've always worked fine for me.
Yeah, just like the Joy-Con drift issue, "N" hasn't given much in the way of how things will work when the unique gamer ID of a cart is blocked or red flagged. Like anything, it's not an issue, until it is one, and this is "N" after-all, a company I trust as far as I can throw them, so for me it's just something I'm avoiding.

no one wants one or the other of these two. just make them all a bundle (one listing for both games).
This actually makes an incredible amount of sense. Just one listing with both games for $49.99. Like you said, 99% of customers will likely be going for both.

Its kind of sad that LRG is so afraid of losing the Vita crowd's business that they have to resort to stuff like this to delay the inevitable end.

Finally got my copy of Transistor. I sent them an email last Sunday and got a shipping confirmation a few hours later. Later they responded to my email saying that this week was their last for sending out Transistor copies. Got a nice holographic trading card as well.

Has LRG confirmed that Best Buy is indeed not getting Blazing Chrome? I know its not it the item description but they have occasionally not added the Best Buy part until later, or in some cases never entered it at all (like the upcoming Red Matter at Best Buy). It just seems odd that Best Buy wouldn't be selling arguably one of LRG's biggest releases of the Fall. It almost makes me think that a standard retail copy of Blazing Chrome is coming out in the future, maybe a complete edition or something. That way, BB not selling LRG's release would make sense, since they would just be selling the future retail release. I can't think of any other reason BB wouldn't want the game or LRG wouldn't push it to them to sell. Seems odd.
Did blazing chrome on switch ever get a patch to add the missing shadows and fix some of the slow downs? Did they announce DLC that would warrant a complete edition?

Did blazing chrome on switch ever get a patch to add the missing shadows and fix some of the slow downs? Did they announce DLC that would warrant a complete edition?
Not that I'm aware of, but isn't it extremely odd that Best Buy won't be selling Blazing Chrome - probably their biggest release since River City Girls - like most of the LRG titles. I was just trying to make some sense of it (with some speculation).

Don’t know but one of my biggest peeves with LRG is when they are not transparent on agreements with BB. Be up front with that crap so I can weigh my choices as a customer.

Don’t know but one of my biggest peeves with LRG is when they are not transparent on agreements with BB. Be up front with that crap so I can weigh my choices as a customer.
If Best Buy has expressed interest in a title it'll be listed on the product page. If it's not posted, then they won't be.

The only one that didn't happen with was Yooka Laylee back when BB first started getting LRG games.

Not that I'm aware of, but isn't it extremely odd that Best Buy won't be selling Blazing Chrome - probably their biggest release since River City Girls - like most of the LRG titles. I was just trying to make some sense of it (with some speculation).
You are assuming the person in charge of deciding which lrg games to order for bestbuy knows anything about video games. On top of that, these are niche games & not as easy to tell which are the hot sellers to a casual person.

If Best Buy has expressed interest in a title it'll be listed on the product page. If it's not posted, then they won't be.

The only one that didn't happen with was Yooka Laylee back when BB first started getting LRG games.
Is Red Matter for PSVR still going to be carried at Best Buy? Last I saw in the description on the product page there was no mention of it.

You are assuming the person in charge of deciding which lrg games to order for bestbuy knows anything about video games. On top of that, these are niche games & not as easy to tell which are the hot sellers to a casual person.
Josh and/or Douglas has mentioned in their Fireside Chats that they are involved with what games Best Buy gets by suggesting games they think will be a good fit. I don't see how Wandersong would be a better fit for Best Buy to carry than Blazing Chrome, but maybe its just me?

Is Red Matter for PSVR still going to be carried at Best Buy? Last I saw in the description on the product page there was no mention of it.

Josh and/or Douglas has mentioned in their Fireside Chats that they are involved with what games Best Buy gets by suggesting games they think will be a good fit. I don't see how Wandersong would be a better fit for Best Buy to carry than Blazing Chrome, but maybe its just me?
I saw the fire side chat that Douglas had said red matter was going to be sold at best buy but he seem to be out of it like he was tired so he way have miss spoke

Oh interesting, i didn't know they actively suggested specific titles to bestbuy.
Then i have no idea why they didn't pick up Blazing Chrome.
Either way i ordered a ps4 copy since bestbuy only gets switch versions of stuff.

WTF, Mercenaries Wings was scheduled for 7am PST for weeks.  Now the day of the sale, AFTER 7am rolls around they suddenly change it to 9am?  I'm going to miss the new timeslot as a direct result of this buffoonery.

Just noticed my Power Rangers Switch and Freedom Planet Switch CE are on deck. Unfortunately I ordered the BB cover with River City Girls and it's holding that up, as it's still in production. Not sure why I ordered that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WTF, Mercenaries Wings was scheduled for 7am PST for weeks. Now the day of the sale, AFTER 7am rolls around they suddenly change it to 9am? I'm going to miss the new timeslot as a direct result of this buffoonery.
Yep, I got up early just to be greeted by no sale for two more hours. People often plan their schedules about being online the time these sales happen, so a little advance notice would have been the decent thing to do.

On a side note, I always thought the 10am time was a little suspect, as this is a distributed title and they usually go live a noon. But the product description said 10am (even the counter did too) so who was I to doubt it?

Speaking of last second announcements, apparently there is another game going up for sale at noon today - Jumanji CE.  Good thing I don't give a shit about getting that.  But again, a little advance notice is nice!!

Not sure if anyone noticed, but as LRG is holding a Twitch fundraiser to raise money for the Video Game History Foundation, they keep pulling exclusively printed game variants out of thin air to auction off. So far, they've listed an exclusive foil cover SMRPG that was only printed for the employees, and a gold cart GALF that were limited to 25 copies. I'm a little annoyed that they would snub collectors by making something exclusively for themselves, but I'm more curious about what else they could possibly be hoarding.

57110561d1cd5adea638abe55b2bbf98.jpg
e6e5ca5955f7571794a7de2ba52435ed.jpg

On a side note, the old Celeste boxes really do look like a mess. Bent, damaged, warped, don't stay closed, have to completely disassemble to get game out, impossible to reassemble the right way... Seems like they made the right call on that one, so I can respect that.

b5fd18442ca77c694036635eb0118fee.jpg
13778ce7032f814ea375a5cde71d65e9.jpg
242133fa49abe015474261e83f430d68.jpg
5054130e2c7349175dfc1855c8c528e4.jpg

Not sure if anyone noticed, but as LRG is holding a Twitch fundraiser to raise money for the Video Game History Foundation, they keep pulling exclusively printed game variants out of thin air to auction off. So far, they've listed an exclusive foil cover SMRPG that was only printed for the employees, and a gold cart GALF that were limited to 25 copies. I'm a little annoyed that they would snub collectors by making something exclusively for themselves, but I'm more curious about what else they could possibly be hoarding.
WOW, so now we are complaining about things done for charity?

giphy.gif

WOW, so now we are complaining about things done for charity?

giphy.gif
You can't honestly tell me that you think they printed exclusive variants specifically for charity. If they were transparent about it in the first place, and listed all (or most) of the exclusive copies for charity, then believe me, I would be the first to commend them. That's not what is happening here... Out of the handful they printed exclusively for themselves, they listed ONE for collectors to bid on.

bread's done
Back