Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
"For those who may need more time to order realMyst: Best Buy may be receiving a very small number of copies of this game with alternate cover art."

This is the kind of shit pissing people off, is BB carrying the game or not? YES or NO!

Arc of Alchemist looks like a poop tier RPG and the Switch runs a lot worse than the PS4. I want to try the game out of morbid curiosity (on the PS4), but yeah I'm not paying much for it.

A thousand times this. Everyone hoping to buy the next Stadium Events to use as a retirement fund is delusional. For every Earthbound, there are a hundred (if not a thousand) games that are now worth less than MSRP. You should only collect if you enjoy it as a hobby. It seems like everyone in the communities I'm part of is trying to make a side hustle out of flipping these days and it's saddening. Games are fun, CEs can be cool, just enjoy them ya goons.
I buy games I think I would like/play (But who actually plays games they buy? Hah!) and uh have a huge backlog because of that. I also weigh do I think I can get it cheaper later. Never buy with intent to resell, unless it's something crazy-nutso, like I found used copies of Marvel Vs Capcom 2 for $5 each when it was going for crazy-high prices, and immediately sold them in minutes on eBay for like 50 each... but even then half the time I end up giving them to friends or selling to friends at-my-cost. Found a few rare games about 2 years ago right before I got a transplant, and I ended up just sending them all to various friends who wanted/collected them.

"For those who may need more time to order realMyst: Best Buy may be receiving a very small number of copies of this game with alternate cover art."

This is the kind of shit pissing people off, is BB carrying the game or not? YES or NO!
When they say that Best Buy probably has already bought and paid for the amount they want. There's really no reason for them to back out on such a small amount of money and potentially lose the ability to get future games from them.

I think the biggest part would be the people who pre-order right away not knowing that there is a chance BB will carry it and then having them add it to the listing after the fact without allowing for cancellations. I cared more before my GCU expired. Now I guess it just adds on the shipping cost (and I always pay for the box).

Well, as someone who recently sold his LRG Vita collection, it's not all it was cracked up to be! LOL

Yeah, I never bought any of these games for the value, as I've been down this road many times in the past, and without fail, I normally sell each collection for pretty much what I paid once I decide to sell it. Looking back at all my past collections, the Sega CD or Saturn stuff would probably be the only stuff that if I still owned, would be worth way more than what I paid. As those systems have become much more collectible over the years.

Some of the LRG stuff I sold went for more than I had planned, while other stuff went for way less, as timing is a factor as well. It seemed like there was tons of offerings for most games, so in a few years, if less is offered, I could have probably done better. But the reverse can happen as well, you may wait longer and reprints or modding becomes a bigger factor, and even desired games today, may not be as much tomorrow. Like others have stated here many times, video games are almost never a sound investment.
Be glad you got off the Vita train. Feels like I have been waiting for years for them to just release the last 2 freaking games. Knowing them, when they finally do release them they will bundle them with a paper towel and charge an extra $10.

Be glad you got off the Vita train. Feels like I have been waiting for years for them to just release the last 2 freaking games. Knowing them, when they finally do release them they will bundle them with a paper towel and charge an extra $10.
Well, I had actually gotten off the Vita train well before I threw in the towel with LRG, as I was buying the Play-Asia and other limited Vita offerings as well. I actually started selling off my entire collection last January of 2019, and that lasted through March of this year(everything else was gone March of 2019). LRG was just the last to go, as I wanted to see my set reach 100%, but once they offered those last few games in blind boxes, that was the end for me. That's when I knew they would hold those games until hell froze over, so long as it served some other nefarious purpose in their grand scheme of things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this is a first.  Blasphemous appears to be sold out at BB in the preorder phase.  Though I'm sure more may come available on launch day and in store as well.

Well this is a first. Blasphemous appears to be sold out at BB in the preorder phase. Though I'm sure more may come available on launch day and in store as well.
Same thing happened with Windjammers and one other game, if I remember correctly. Both games ended up being readily available well after launch. On a side note, Duck Game is back in stock online, although numbers in stores seems to be dwindling.

I want to get rid of my loyalty tickets. The most I can get is 4 packs of stickers, which I guess my daughter wouldn't hate plastering over my garbage bins. But I'm in Canada. So I have to pay stamps to send the tickets to the USA. Then they send me "coupon codes" to redeem the 4 packs of stickers. But then do I still have to pay 14.99$ of shipping?

I want to get rid of my loyalty tickets. The most I can get is 4 packs of stickers, which I guess my daughter wouldn't hate plastering over my garbage bins. But I'm in Canada. So I have to pay stamps to send the tickets to the USA. Then they send me "coupon codes" to redeem the 4 packs of stickers. But then do I still have to pay 14.99$ of shipping?
I don't remember but I would just add the stickers onto a future order. Hopefully there's something you want enough to justify it.

I don't remember but I would just add the stickers onto a future order. Hopefully there's something you want enough to justify it.
yeah OK alright. I see now that if I add game(s) to my cart, the shipping remains the same. I should have thought about that.

anyway, what I really wish now is that I could email them a picture of the coupons instead of mailing them. Not just for the cost of stamps, but because of the whole situation.

773b1034f2dd408a173e98ee4d3cede0.jpg

https://twitter.com/limitedrungames/status/1243181445532639239?s=21

Nice Panzer Dragoon has "Best Buy may be receiving a very small number of copies of this game with alternate cover art. Best Buy has the ability to not move forward with their order, as it has not been finalized yet. Wait at your own risk." on their listing. I'll take that bet especially since it is $39.99. I'll finally be able to use GCU on an LRG game.

Damn, I was hoping to have my NS Lite by the release of PD, but I guess since they stealth released it, I'll be passing for now. PD is one of my all time favorite games, so it's been great to see this get some updated graphics love. As much as I would like to own this, dealing with LRG just isn't anything that interest me currently, as when would I even see this game to play it, summers end maybe? But if LRG hadn't burned their bridge with me over those last few Vita titles, this would have been a day 1 grab.

I think the biggest part would be the people who pre-order right away not knowing that there is a chance BB will carry it and then having them add it to the listing after the fact without allowing for cancellations. I cared more before my GCU expired. Now I guess it just adds on the shipping cost (and I always pay for the box).
Yup. I got burned that way on Vitamin Connection and Mighty Switch Force! Collection. Grr

Nice Panzer Dragoon has "Best Buy may be receiving a very small number of copies of this game with alternate cover art. Best Buy has the ability to not move forward with their order, as it has not been finalized yet. Wait at your own risk." on their listing. I'll take that bet especially since it is $39.99. I'll finally be able to use GCU on an LRG game.
Finally? Must mean BB finally has one you care about. I am also excited to see this!

Yup. I got burned that way on Vitamin Connection and Mighty Switch Force! Collection. Grr

Finally? Must mean BB finally has one you care about. I am also excited to see this!
Well I kept preordering games and they added the Best Buy language after. I only ordered Gunvolt because I thought Best Buy was only getting the Switch version.

Well I kept preordering games and they added the Best Buy language after. I only ordered Gunvolt because I thought Best Buy was only getting the Switch version.
yah they only had it on the switch listing on there site the same thing kind of happen with Red Matter for the ps4 they had nothing on the site saying it was going to be sold at best buy then out of nowhere its being sold at best buy WTF

finally get a good game and it's an open preorder cash grab once again instead of an actual limited release
Who gives a you know what about limited. At least everyone who wants to will get a copy. I will likely just get it digital eventually because I feel it will be overpriced and take forever to get out the door.

Damn, I was hoping to have my NS Lite by the release of PD, but I guess since they stealth released it, I'll be passing for now. PD is one of my all time favorite games, so it's been great to see this get some updated graphics love. As much as I would like to own this, dealing with LRG just isn't anything that interest me currently, as when would I even see this game to play it, summers end maybe? But if LRG hadn't burned their bridge with me over those last few Vita titles, this would have been a day 1 grab.
I bought myself a switch lite a few days before AC came out so my kids could use my regular switch. Got the last Gray one that the walmart I usually shop at had. So far I'm loving it. Given how much you loved the vita I think it'll be a good fit. The only major negative is the sound aims more down than forward like the regular switch, but this isn't an issue if using earbuds/headphones. I've always just used earbuds with handhelds anyway, unless grinding in an RPG or something where the sound experience isn't that important.

I bought myself a switch lite a few days before AC came out so my kids could use my regular switch. Got the last Gray one that the walmart I usually shop at had. So far I'm loving it. Given how much you loved the vita I think it'll be a good fit. The only major negative is the sound aims more down than forward like the regular switch, but this isn't an issue if using earbuds/headphones. I've always just used earbuds with handhelds anyway, unless grinding in an RPG or something where the sound experience isn't that important.
I did the same. Daughter got teal but wanted coral. Too much damn paw patrol going on the “big switch. “

Any word on whether or not Tiny Metal will show up at Best Buy? I have been waiting to order but with tomorrow being the last day, I might just have to pick it up off LRG.

Yeah, back when it was first released, Target had a display model and I got to try it out and thought it was great(amazingly light weight). Yellow is my favorite color, so I'm one of the few who actually liked that color option at retail. But I do plan to get the clear case mod offered on Amazon and trick my unit out once I finally get one(as I love clear cases on handhelds).

If not for this damn virus situation, I probably would have bought one a few weeks back, as I sold two rare LRG trading cards that would have covered pretty much the full cost(yeah, shocked the hell out of me as well). But since having a job today, is not a promise for tomorrow(at least here in Vegas), I figured it best to hold onto extra cash for the moment. I've got more than enough games to currently play, and I can always use my son's NS if I get desperate. LOL

I just saw that both the Panzer Dragoon pre-orders (for standard and LE) are open pre-orders. Are those always open up to the cut-off date? Or have they ever cut-off open pre-orders early? 

I do want the game, but not sure of which version and I really want to limit how long LRG holds my money. 

Target had a display model and I got to try it out and thought it was great(amazingly light weight).
Oh yeah, thing is super light to the point it feels like there's nothing even in the case I bought for it. It's so much more comfortable than the regular switch too. The yellow looks nice. No shame in that. If I didn't work for a local government utility, I'd be worried about my job/income. As is, at least I am CC debt free and have enough savings to last a year or more if the worst happened.

I just saw that both the Panzer Dragoon pre-orders (for standard and LE) are open pre-orders. Are those always open up to the cut-off date? Or have they ever cut-off open pre-orders early?

I do want the game, but not sure of which version and I really want to limit how long LRG holds my money.
Iirc before they've cut it off hours early or maybe a day. It depends if the numbers are creeping up on another unit order (like if it's 1000 minimum and they've hovered at 2985 for a week they close orders at 3000 so they don't get 3002 and have to order 998 they haven't sold)....

Buttttt with a game this big I doubt it'll be an issue.

I know there have been times where they've kept preorders completely open until 6 PM on the last day, and then keep selling until they reach the nearest multiple of 1000. This has led to some games selling out a couple hours early and other games being available for a day or two after their cutoff date. They've also just cut off orders at 11:59 PM on the last day. Haven't bought anything from them in a while so I'm not sure how they're doing it nowadays.

Sounds like LRG won't be shipping anything for the next 3 weeks.  I fully support the decision to not make people come to work given the outbreak but just find it funny that they mention "We hope you can understand our decision to continue selling games at this time."  It's all about the money for these guys, but we already knew that.  I can only imagine the backlog/shipping delays we will see when they finally start back up their operation.

Sounds like LRG won't be shipping anything for the next 3 weeks. I fully support the decision to not make people come to work given the outbreak but just find it funny that they mention "We hope you can understand our decision to continue selling games at this time." It's all about the money for these guys, but we already knew that. I can only imagine the backlog/shipping delays we will see when they finally start back up their operation.
They were already way behind, so what's another month of backlogged purchases?

https://twitter.com/WayForward/status/1243565613085155328?s=20
What do they mean by 'and the "part 2" update is out now on Apple Arcade'? Part 2 update of what..?

Sounds like LRG won't be shipping anything for the next 3 weeks. I fully support the decision to not make people come to work given the outbreak but just find it funny that they mention "We hope you can understand our decision to continue selling games at this time." It's all about the money for these guys, but we already knew that. I can only imagine the backlog/shipping delays we will see when they finally start back up their operation.
LRG taking orders, collecting money and then not shipping for (at least) a few weeks... so business as usual?

Few weeks? You mean many months.  With the delays in shipping, delays in producing all the crap for the CE's in China and actually getting them in the country, and then actually getting the games packaged up in their boxes and sealed... it's going to be a long time before any of this stuff ships.  Plus it's being reported there is a good chance we'll have a second wave of the coronavirus in the Fall.  So, some of this stuff may be easily delayed till 2021.

Few weeks? You mean many months. With the delays in shipping, delays in producing all the crap for the CE's in China and actually getting them in the country, and then actually getting the games packaged up in their boxes and sealed... it's going to be a long time before any of this stuff ships. Plus it's being reported there is a good chance we'll have a second wave of the coronavirus in the Fall. So, some of this stuff may be easily delayed till 2021.
Yeah I would not purchase any of the CEs. God knows when you'll get them.

bread's done
Back